US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

glennc43
8/25/16

No sense in going into all the negative like we all know about. I signed up for a 6 month membership thinking I would save some money in the long run.Not on one week and have a flirt from some guy, then same week got flirts from some younger woman wanting to send me pics to my email. I have had more than my share of someone wanting to send me pics and they are from Soma. I think one star is too many.

sharonr72
8/21/16

I signed up for one month and my cc was charged an additional "service fee", which was not mentioned until after they billed my cc. Impossible to upload photos, contact admin, cancel account, get refund. AVOID.

colbyh7
8/19/16

I did a keyword search and there were many profiles with exactly the same wording. This is the worst site I've ever visited. AVOID.

richardg122
8/5/16

SeniorPeopleMeet.com is tied to the OurTime website. I tried SeniorPeople early this year. Sent several messages out to ladies I was interested in - little (aka one) response and few messages from females (could have been my fault).
So, I cancelled my account.
Suddenly, I was flooded with "flirts" and "likes" and "messages" from dozens of women. I was skeptical. But when my inbox reached 140 messages from various women, I decided to activate my account, again. I responded to nearly all the women who had contacted me. And you know what? Not one return response. Not only that - but "flirts" and "messages" that had been coming at 10 per day, when I was not paying for service - became 0 per day after I renewed membership.
There is only one conclusion here, folks. A significant number of profiles are fake and contacts coming from employees at SeniorPeopleMeet.com.
Do not waste your time on either SinglePeopleMeet nor OurTime.

daveb142
8/1/16

Im getting quite into the online dating scene these days and this is my second review. This is the second mature site ive tried (the first was PrimeTimeLove.com and that will take some beating) and overall its been a positive experience I would say. I had some initial issues but now im seeing the fruits of my considerable labor! If you have some spare dollars lying around then give it recommend giving it a good try for a month, to see what you think and make sure there are women/ men close enough to your zip code that you can realistically consider meeting them. If youre looking for a younger model, you wont find it here guys, but if you want to meet a woman of a similar age that has things in common with you then I think your more likely to find it here or on primetimelove that on one of the more general sites for all ages. Thanks for reading. Divorced male, 56

lins24
7/26/16

I approved ! month and got charged for 6 months - WHAT A SCAM

einok
7/25/16

They care more about how to extract additional money from you with various add on's than they care if you really can find a match. I paid for a 6mo trial but wont renew. There is a way to remove the auto renewal under account info, but they don't tell you that...I just ran across it. Anyway, Im not pleased with this site and wished I would have done some research first.

matts114
7/20/16

Interesting site, quite similar to primetimelove.com in the way that it has both a high number of members and some really good search options to help you whittle down the masses and separate the wheat from the chaff. Would definitely recommend as someone who has been using sites like this for a number of years.

kennethm69
7/15/16

Signed up for 30 day free trial and credit card was billed immediately. In addition to that, my own words were deleted from the site several times and a couple of pictures were deleted. They claim that they did not meet their guidelines, (which I still have yet to find). These were perfectly decent pictures of my hobby which was my model train set. I cancelled on line but I will probably have to call my credit card company and deny the charge. I have been a member less than 2 weeks. I will be calling the credit card company Monday.

beatrixy
7/11/16

Had my second date this afternoon and wanted to let people know! After my first date (that was on another site called primetimelove) I remember having such a great time that I wanted to write a good review and thank the owners or company behind the site but of course I never got around to it. So today im making a point of writing about my experience so others can see that yes, online dating does work for us silver surfers just as much as it does for the kids!
I met George today at the Balmoral for high tea. We talked a lot, he is divorced with three children and id already seen photos of him with them on his profile. Theyre all grown now and he was telling me more about what they do with their lives and how he sees them less and less. I spoke about my ex a little bit, how he ran off with his secretary (long story) and in person was able to open up to him in a way that I hadnt done over messages. We really had a nice time together and have agreed to meet again on Wednesday for dinner (I guess that means we are getting more serious!) I must say im feeling half my age and cant quite comprehend how different the world is from what I was dating as a teenager, to what its like now. But I think its better now as people have so many ways to meet, as my experience online dating has shown. Im looking forward to seeing George again and hope that others enjoy these sites as much as I do. They really arent just for youngsters you know!! If you have any doubts, give it a try!

jayd229
7/8/16

I've been getting "Fave'd Me" once or twice a week from an individual who hasn't logged onto the site in months.I believe that their computer thinks that my subscription has run out and that the website is attempting to lure me back with false messages. I have responded to several messages, fave'ds, and flirts sent to me by other women but did not receive responses. It appears that this website is more than a bit fishy.

janz2
7/8/16

I found that I cannot get administration assistance, every single man I chatted with and 'met' are scammers.. every single one.. Thankfully I found out before it was too late. I will be making sure that everyone I find who has anything to do with this site is aware of the scam. Thanks for that.. luckily I did not spend a lot of money.

pissedm
7/2/16

Signed up for the trial and, expected good things to happen. Noticed right away the cancel none reoccurring monthly payment button was stuck. Also got taken for another $10 using some stupid attention getting app on the site. It's a very poor traffic site. Custumer services is unhelpful with, the same excuse lines. No phone directly to the actual company. They even lied to my bank saying that I remained a member and billed me after I, had canceled. Just don't get stupid okay? I dispise this company.

pauls321
6/12/16

Im thoroughly enjoying my online dating subscriptions. I use this site, lovebeginsat, and I use another one that a friend from my local bowling club recommended called PrimeTimeLove.com. Both sites are great and you really do meet some nice people. Im 67 but I feel half my age and now im acting it too! Great stuff

betsys13
5/30/16

SeniorPeopleMeet displays a lot of profiles (Including mine right now) who are not members. They have trouble getting paying members and only paying members can respond. One male told me he contacted them to resign, but was offered a $4.00 a month deal to stay on. My membership is not active, but my profile is displayed. I have just clicked on 20 people who supposedly had "flirted" with me. Each time it told me the person was "on-line." This is not statistically possible at 2:00 pm in the afternoon, so "on-line!" must mean that I clicked on their profile. Yes, I know that...thank you! I joined for one month back in the fall and found that almost none of the men responded to my inquiries. I believe this is because they were no longer members or never had been a member. Any one can create a profile so it looks like there are real members in the database, but many are not.

helend35
5/23/16

My dear husband sadly passed away last year after suffering from a serious illness and its fair to say that Ive been in something of a rut ever since. My son purchased me a one month subscription on Love Begins At as a joke, I suppose, but also as a way of showing me that there are ways and means to meet new people. I enjoyed trying the site even though its not really love im looking for I dont think, as im still a bit raw, but I enjoyed the experience of speaking with people and have since purchased a six month subscription on PrimeTimeLove.com and even met a couple of gentlemen over the course of the past few weeks from that website. At 61 im hardly looking to sit in the back row of the cinema with someone, but its nice to share things and have that companionship and connection, which I feel is essential for all human beings. My son is delighted for me and im certainly enjoying finding new friends.

nathanl37
5/18/16

Phony as a $3 bill!

macm40
5/12/16

I joined site and found in two days 20 female profiles that were not active yet they still show them so and even show them viewing you.On two occasions they even have conversations with you as that person.Be sure and get out of auto pay and get off site ...they are making a fool of you and charging you for it.

johna503
4/25/16

Im looking for true love so it always made sense to me to join a site where I can make friends with ladies around my own age and have that instant camaraderie where you have things in common and similar backgrounds. The two sites that I had heard and read the most positives about were this one and one called Primetimelove.com. I decided Id give both a shot, starting here and will try primetimelove.com next month. After I got divorced a few of the guys at work said I should try the fun dating sites and find a nice young thing to look after me! But I know im too long in the tooth for that stuff and want something serious. So far, its just a couple of weeks in but I am enjoying the experience. Im not getting many responses so maybe ill fare better on the other site next month, but I do like searching and reading the interesting profiles. All in all, I think im going to enjoy my online dating experiment!

louised33
4/23/16

THIS SIGHT IS A RIP OFF. WHILE I WAS A MEMBER, I RECEIVED FALSE MESSAGES FROM MEN WHO WERE NOT ACTIVE MEMBERS. WHEN I RESPONDED TO THE MESSAGES, I WOULD GET A MESSAGE STATING THE MEMBER WAS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THIS SIGHT SEND FALSE MESSAGES, FALSE FLIRTS. I FEEL THE SIGHT SEND FALSE MESSAGES TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE SOMEONE IS INTERESTED IN YOU. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SIGHT.

Tip for consumers: THIS SIGHT IS A FALSE REPRESENTATON FOR A DATING SIGHT. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS SIGHT.

janiced19
4/14/16

This Site is a scam, I paid for one month subscription and haven't heard from them but they sure took my money. Any email I send them comes back to me saying it couldn't be delivered/. Don't waste your money here

kathyc81
4/14/16

Stupidly fell for the 1/2 price 6 month membership. Fake flirts, fake profiles, same matches every day of the week. Most men (if the profile is actually real) have the free membership and can't respond to email. Picked out a fake profile every day of the week for the first 10 days of the membership. Have no faith in meeting anyone normal on that site.

05/30/2016 - My profile when set up stated female looking for male....why am I suddenly getting sent female profile matches...Cant wait til the membership runs out.

ronalda24
4/1/16

Im really enjoying using SeniorPeopleMeet and think it would be hard to have a better experience. Ive heard some of the other ladies in my book club talking about PrimeTimeLove.com, but I really dont see me trying other sites anytime soon as im happy enough. There are lots of true gentlemen that have a lot in common with me and its nice to talk to them, whether over messages or in person (ive met three so far and can honestly say I think ill stay friends with all of them). If things keep going this way I may not need to pay for a dating service subscription for much longer! A very positive experience indeed.

susant79
3/29/16

Joined at one month. They charged for 3. Cannot log on. They do not respond to email and they do not have a customer service number. Not acceptable! I am canceling charge with my bank now.

jayd206
3/27/16

Term and Termination.

a.This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service and/or are a Member.
b.You may cancel your membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the cancel pages on your Account Status page. You may cancel your subscription at any time online by clicking through My Account and then clicking on Account Status History and following the directions on that page. You may also cancel your membership by sending the Company written notice of cancellation to People Media, P.O. Box 12627, Dallas, TX 75225 or email notice of cancellation to Customer Care. If you cancel your membership via the Website, we may ask you to provide a reason for your cancellation. If you cancel your membership and you are a subscriber, your subscription will also be cancelled in accordance with the terms set forth herein. If you cancel your subscription, the Company requires a reasonable amount of time to process the action. If you cancel a subscription, you will enjoy subscription benefits until the end of your then-current subscription commitment, following which your subscription benefits will expire. However, in no event, will you be eligible for a refund of any portion of the subscription fees paid for the then-current subscription commitment. If you paid for your subscription using a multi-payment option, you must make all payments even if you cancel your subscription prior to the end of your then existing subscription commitment period.
c.Canceling a subscription does not automatically cancel your membership. If you are a subscriber and you cancel your subscription but not your membership, unless you elect to delete or hide your profile you will continue to be a Member in the Service and others may view your profile. If you hide your membership, your profile will be hidden and other Members will not be able to view your profile until you reactivate your membership. If you delete your membership, your profile will be removed and other Members will not be able to view your profile and you will not be able to reactivate your membership. Members can hide or delete their profile at any time by following the instructions contained on the My Account page on the Website.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

23 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeniorPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question