US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mollies3
2/15/17

This is my review of SeniorPeopleMeet by Mollie in Devonshire. I must say I like this site a lot. After meeting some true gentlemen on PrimeTimeLove.com I heard about SeniorPeopleMeet and thought why not give it a try as well! So now I have two memberships and im having a ball. It does take a while to get used to checking your messages and clicking everything in the right place, but if I can manage then anyone can!

dottiec3
2/9/17

Paid for a one month membership but have had viruses hit both devices. 1st time I thought it was just because I went in through my email . 2nd time logged in through google. So this is just scamming people

diannes33
2/8/17

Been on here for 4 months and nothing but scammers. If there are good men, which I am sure there are, women are so suspicious and ask questiobsvto avoid scams and scare good ones away. Very sad.

gingerm15
1/25/17

Very Unhappy with the Site overall, there is nowhere to ask a question. I have encountered at least 6 unscrupulous men from probably Nigeria. Be Aware, many of the men on there are looking to take you to the cleaners. I am sure there are some real people on the site, because I was on there and I am real. It became a job just trying to figure out who was real and who was not. Watch the wording in the messages, If you think no one ever talks that way.... You are right.

jamesr252
1/23/17

I joined SeniorPeopleMeet after reading a newspaper article on the growing number of silver surfers meeting up with each other for friendship and companionship. I must say that I was a little sceptical at first and did feel that there was still something of a stigma behind the online dating fad. However, my opinion has slowly turned around, to the point that im actually now meeting gentlemen in the city/ surrounding areas every couple of weeks or so! Its not all through SeniorPeopleMeet, I joined PrimeTimeLove.com too in order to compare it and have ended up using them both. I usually go for high tea or to the theatre (with pre-drinks) for the dates but would recommend going to a class with your match, as its a far better way to interact and see them out of their comfort zone! It also ensures that you always have something to talk about, for example if you do a pizza making workshop or salsa class, there is little room for awkward silences and you end up having a great night, even if you decide not to meet again. To conclude my review, I dont know if ill find the mythical L O V E, as a stout 54 year old I had all but given up long ago, but I have been pleasantly surprised by using two sites at just how generous and interesting most of the men I speak to can be. I guess you could say that Im very much converted to online dating now!

karenm298
1/21/17

I have friends and myself who have tryed to have our profiles removed but they still have them on their site. Beware if u put a photo on, they will keep it forever.
Many, many are people who are no longer on their site. Beware.

annes89
12/27/16

All sites mentioned above. All I ever met were men that wanted my phone number and email address. When I said I won't do that, just continue to communicate through the website...never heard from them again. HEADS UP LADIES!!!!! They almost always say they are a widower. And they like to say they are god fearing and like to pray, blah blah blah

Tip for consumers: Don't go there!!!!

harlanh12
12/26/16

Im really getting into this online dating stuff now! I signed up for SeniorPeopleMeet initially & now im a full member on PrimetimeLove.com as well! With those two sites im getting a really nice balance of having lots of opportunities to chat with other people who are using the sites over email messages and also getting out & about and meeting some interesting people in person. Im not often bothered by time wasters, nor do I get many offensive messages. Its just a nice place where I can go onlne and speak with people who are similar to me (lost my partner to cancer in 2014). Good clean fun that you can turn to when you wish (sometimes I go a few days without logging on) and a great way to stay positive and enjoy life at a time when being sociable is harder than ever. Very pleased I gave it a try!

jerryj12
12/25/16

WORSE, if not as bad as POF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!100 characters ??? OK, It sux monkey $#*!s, Giraffe $#*!s and Nigerian pygmy $#*!s

donnac143
12/23/16

I joined Our Time a year or so ago. I did find several people I was interested in, but they all lived 150 to hundreds of miles away. All others I found were poorly educated (some high school, high school, some college), quite conservative, and think that a turn on for a woman is a big, pot-bellied man holding up a huge fish he just caught (seems to be the majority of profiles). Of all the flirts and likes that I receive every day, most turn out to be repeats of old posts or bogus. Now my profile photo looks pretty good, but I have never had anyone favor me. The only person I actually met on this site, who claimed to be a caring gentleman (not!) turned out to be merely interested in using women for sex, then moving on to someone else. I too, cancelled my account and was charged the next month anyway. After months, I felt so lonely and decided to give it another try. This time I joined Senior People Meet and learned only later is is doubled up with Our Time. It's the same old story--several months of searching with no luck, and again, I will have to figure out how to really cancel so they don't continue to charge me. Have you noticed there is no way to contact a real person to complain? So I give up. Dating sites, I have concluded, are only wishful thinking and I'll just have to be content with living the rest of my life alone.

jackh112
12/9/16

"Welcome Back to SeniorPeopleMeet.com
Let someone get to know you! Answer the questions to provide a little more information about yourself." Why in hell's name do I keep getting this when I log on .I attempted to do some editing on the above question, which didn't take. I repeated the process several times,none of which showed up. By now I was fed up, so I decided to delete those paragraphs and start from scratch,but later, as I needed a break from the site's moroni algorithms. I had a copy of my 'blurb' and a day or so later,managed to edit it the way I had meant it to be. ...and now I am being harassed with the above pop up plus additional popups asking me to resubscribe, even though I still have three months showing on my account balance. What a cheesy site this is! I could add more such as why am I getting 48 year old match offerings when my search options distinctly ask for women between ages 62 and 71? And why cannot the message screen be a normal size instead of that as a postage stamp??

kathym121
11/17/16

I signed up yesterday and so far the majority of people on there are scam artists. If I can figure this out in minutes I don't understand why the administrators let them on there. The photos are stolen. All the profiles are worded the same. Be very careful of giving them your email phone number etc.

grahamw24
11/14/16

There are only so many articles you can read in the newspapers about dating sites for the over 50s before you end up trying them out. As a widow without children, I try to stay busy but the main thing I lack is strong friendships, particularly with the opposite sex, and of course Id welcome a touch of romance if it was to come my way. I joined this site as well as one called PrimeTimeLove.com and ive been using them both quite frequently indeed. Ive already met a few gentlemen around my age and im set to have my first in person meeting on Tuesday. Im going for high tea, which sounds very posh indeed and right up my street! Ive struggled at times with the sites but nothing that I wasnt able to figure out myself. Plus, the fact that ive been talking with people and planning to meet one soon goes to show that im managing the sites pretty well I think. They do cost money (both), which surprised me a little, but the amount is not a lot and you pay monthly, not weekly or daily. Its still early days but im enjoying being an online dater and expect ill be using these services for some time to come, hopefully making some new friends in the process. Give it a go!

cindys102
10/23/16

I'd rather not give this site any stars. It is not user friendly to find the "block" or "report a concern" icons. I got an offensive message from someone and cannot find out how to block him. The photos are thumbnail size and it's hard to upload more photos. I think my only option with this site is to cancel now and lose the money I paid. If you decide to try it, only buy one month to see if you agree with me.

sandraf45
10/17/16

I signed up for a month, and I went into the settings to turn off the renewal. The next month I was charged again. They claimed I did not turn off the renewal setting. I am positive 100% I turned it off, so they ripped me off for another month. I called demanding my money back, they turned a deaf ear to me saying I did not turn off the automatic renewal. Stay away!!!!

craigd37
10/12/16

I have been a member on this site for around 5 months now and can recommend it. I met one woman a few times but were both taking it slow for the moment and still enjoying the novelty and social side of meeting other people. Im also a member on PrimeTimeLove.com and have met some wonderful lady friends there too, so overall I'm very much sold on the online dating idea and would urge anyone who is thinking about it to stop thinking and jump right in, the water is warm!!

marilynk10
10/2/16

Terrible site - I have 213 messages and not a single one has written a unique message. All the messages are the prewritten ones you can select. Sounds like a computer malfunction. I can't get my money back

antoinettew5
9/30/16

This website is a ripoff. Once you cancel, they continue to charge you for services. Once you dispute charges, they don't want to refund charges after speaking with them. Further, the quality members is extremely poor.

jaril3
9/27/16

Thoroughly enjoying this site. It has lots of good searching options and the ladies that ive had the pleasure of meeting with have been very nice and friendly. Its just what the doctor ordered and ive enjoyed it so much that ive now signed up to another excellent site called primetimelove.com.

glennc43
8/25/16

No sense in going into all the negative like we all know about. I signed up for a 6 month membership thinking I would save some money in the long run.Not on one week and have a flirt from some guy, then same week got flirts from some younger woman wanting to send me pics to my email. I have had more than my share of someone wanting to send me pics and they are from Soma. I think one star is too many.

sharonr72
8/21/16

I signed up for one month and my cc was charged an additional "service fee", which was not mentioned until after they billed my cc. Impossible to upload photos, contact admin, cancel account, get refund. AVOID.

colbyh7
8/19/16

I did a keyword search and there were many profiles with exactly the same wording. This is the worst site I've ever visited. AVOID.

richardg122
8/5/16

SeniorPeopleMeet.com is tied to the OurTime website. I tried SeniorPeople early this year. Sent several messages out to ladies I was interested in - little (aka one) response and few messages from females (could have been my fault).
So, I cancelled my account.
Suddenly, I was flooded with "flirts" and "likes" and "messages" from dozens of women. I was skeptical. But when my inbox reached 140 messages from various women, I decided to activate my account, again. I responded to nearly all the women who had contacted me. And you know what? Not one return response. Not only that - but "flirts" and "messages" that had been coming at 10 per day, when I was not paying for service - became 0 per day after I renewed membership.
There is only one conclusion here, folks. A significant number of profiles are fake and contacts coming from employees at SeniorPeopleMeet.com.
Do not waste your time on either SinglePeopleMeet nor OurTime.

daveb142
8/1/16

Im getting quite into the online dating scene these days and this is my second review. This is the second mature site ive tried (the first was PrimeTimeLove.com and that will take some beating) and overall its been a positive experience I would say. I had some initial issues but now im seeing the fruits of my considerable labor! If you have some spare dollars lying around then give it recommend giving it a good try for a month, to see what you think and make sure there are women/ men close enough to your zip code that you can realistically consider meeting them. If youre looking for a younger model, you wont find it here guys, but if you want to meet a woman of a similar age that has things in common with you then I think your more likely to find it here or on primetimelove that on one of the more general sites for all ages. Thanks for reading. Divorced male, 56

lins24
7/26/16

I approved ! month and got charged for 6 months - WHAT A SCAM

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

25 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeniorPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
cynk
Cyn K.
on 11/9/16
Answer
annes89
Anne S.
A: Get ahold of better business bureau and report. Also call your state attorney general office, tell your story. They will look in to this. I can not find a number or email to contact "The Main Office" at this site seniorpeoplemeet.com
on 12/27/16