SeniorPeopleMeet reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

danc129
4/25/17

Worst dating site on the web!! Pay and pay and pay and never get to message or receive messages without paying Moore!!
No other site on web is this greedy!!
All I want is to figure out how to cancel and unsubscribe without paying more and more.
Have gotten nothing from this site without paying more and more.
Dan Clark

kevinl160
4/18/17

It's well known that match are behind this site so expectations are high when you sign up. It's certainly easy to use which is important for me. But for all the promise I think I still prefer primetimelove.com as it was the first site I joined and ive had a few dates from it. It was worth trying ourtime I think but for me its a case of if its not broke then there's no need to fix it.

mb212
4/16/17

I am 70, female. They keep sending me 11 matches a day that are not acceptable.
April 10th one 15 years younger, two 11 years younger, one 9 years younger, two 8 years younger, one 7 years younger, etc. April 11th: Three 18 years younger, one 13 years younger, one 11 years younger, one ten years younger, three my age, but smokers or 100s of miles away. April 12th: One 20 years younger, one 11 years younger, one 10 years younger, one 8 years younger. April 13th: one 20 years younger, one 19 years younger, one 16 years younger, one 15 years younger, one 9 years younger, the rest 6 years younger. April: one 20 years younger, one 19 years younger, one 17 years younger, one 14 years younger, one 11 years younger, one 9 years younger, etc. I have asked them to send no matches if they are going to match me with someone decades younger! They just keep getting more and more ridiculous. Now, nobody is close to my age unless they are 1000 miles away. They have my money through August - - I am getting nothing but played!

tedz2
4/14/17

Old skaggy women. No way to prefer anything. I'd like to meet a mature Asian lady, but there's no race choice. Worst dating site ever.

davids728
4/4/17

I paid $80.00 for profiles that have not been on for years !!! You guys are Scammers !!! and I hope you enjoy the money you take from real people that have worked hard to make sure you people have a great life while we are paying you for nothing !!! I hope someday I can find a real web site that is really the real deal !!

barbaral96
4/4/17

I signed up for six months. Tried hard to vet men I was chatting with, and half were scammers. Many others were not even close to honest, which is not the site's responsibility, but the site itself sends fake flirts and message alerts with no compunction. Especially after my subscription expires. Indicates to me that lying is perfectly acceptable, actually promoted on this site. Not for me! I would not recommend it and will not waste money again.

shanep32
3/22/17

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on this. Considering the silver surfer market is generally regarded as the biggest for spending, the dating sites for this demographic are generally poor. I think SeniorPeopleMeet along with maybe just one other (PrimeTimeLove) are the only reliable 'grey dating' websites. Well worth checking out both and they only cost a few bucks a month. Shane (59 years old) in Minneapolis.

janef55
3/20/17

I chose a payment option of 7.00 and ended up being charged 33.00 and there is no way out of it. All customers beware of this rip off company.

robina46
3/18/17

I am extremely unhappy with seniorpeoplemeet.com. I have had nothing but trouble with this website and the customer service is terrible. just finding the phone number to call is a pain and the hours they are available are almost the same as my work hours. I have been unable to get on the website for 3 weeks now in spite of the many attempts to work with the customer service rep. One of them actually hung up on me before I was done and said you can get on now have a nice day.I paid money for a service that i cannot even use. Very frustrating. There are a lot of scammers on this website. Beware. Unhappy still single customer.

toma570
2/26/17

This review covers both SeniorPeopleMeet and OurTime, which as I understand it share the same database of users.

My biggest complaint isn't with the service, it's with he low quality of the profiles. I'd like to learn something about a woman before I invest time in getting to know her better. I'd like to focus on women that have interests and viewpoints that overlap mine. I'd like to weed out women that are obviously not compatible. Sadly, the profiles reveal almost nothing of the women. Profile after profile says the same thing: "I like to laugh, I like the outdoors..." Even the easy click-on-an-answer questions are often not answered. Consequently, I have proactively contacted very few women because I know virtually nothing significant about any of them.

Conversely, if you think of a profile as just an icebreaker and you just want to meet lots of women regardless of what they are like, then you probably don't care about this.

As for the site itself, it has at least two ways to get you to interact. The main screen will show two women and you can click on which one you like best, based only on a photo. Second, a link to "Today's Matches" will show you a list and you can click Yes or No.

In either case, a positive click will generate a flirt message to that person, a canned sentence from maybe a dozen or so pre-written sentences. When I first signed up I was getting a lot of these canned flirt messages. I thought it odd that none of these women were writing anything themselves. Then I realized that most or all of them are just clicking on my picture and don't even know they're sending a canned message to me.

On a positive note, the few women I have met have been pleasant and I've enjoyed meeting them.

mollies3
2/15/17

This is my review of SeniorPeopleMeet by Mollie in Devonshire. I must say I like this site a lot. After meeting some true gentlemen on PrimeTimeLove.com I heard about SeniorPeopleMeet and thought why not give it a try as well! So now I have two memberships and im having a ball. It does take a while to get used to checking your messages and clicking everything in the right place, but if I can manage then anyone can!

dottiec3
2/9/17

Paid for a one month membership but have had viruses hit both devices. 1st time I thought it was just because I went in through my email . 2nd time logged in through google. So this is just scamming people

diannes33
2/8/17

Been on here for 4 months and nothing but scammers. If there are good men, which I am sure there are, women are so suspicious and ask questiobsvto avoid scams and scare good ones away. Very sad.

gingerm15
1/25/17

Very Unhappy with the Site overall, there is nowhere to ask a question. I have encountered at least 6 unscrupulous men from probably Nigeria. Be Aware, many of the men on there are looking to take you to the cleaners. I am sure there are some real people on the site, because I was on there and I am real. It became a job just trying to figure out who was real and who was not. Watch the wording in the messages, If you think no one ever talks that way.... You are right.

jamesr252
1/23/17

I joined SeniorPeopleMeet after reading a newspaper article on the growing number of silver surfers meeting up with each other for friendship and companionship. I must say that I was a little sceptical at first and did feel that there was still something of a stigma behind the online dating fad. However, my opinion has slowly turned around, to the point that im actually now meeting gentlemen in the city/ surrounding areas every couple of weeks or so! Its not all through SeniorPeopleMeet, I joined PrimeTimeLove.com too in order to compare it and have ended up using them both. I usually go for high tea or to the theatre (with pre-drinks) for the dates but would recommend going to a class with your match, as its a far better way to interact and see them out of their comfort zone! It also ensures that you always have something to talk about, for example if you do a pizza making workshop or salsa class, there is little room for awkward silences and you end up having a great night, even if you decide not to meet again. To conclude my review, I dont know if ill find the mythical L O V E, as a stout 54 year old I had all but given up long ago, but I have been pleasantly surprised by using two sites at just how generous and interesting most of the men I speak to can be. I guess you could say that Im very much converted to online dating now!

karenm298
1/21/17

I have friends and myself who have tryed to have our profiles removed but they still have them on their site. Beware if u put a photo on, they will keep it forever.
Many, many are people who are no longer on their site. Beware.

annes89
12/27/16

All sites mentioned above. All I ever met were men that wanted my phone number and email address. When I said I won't do that, just continue to communicate through the website...never heard from them again. HEADS UP LADIES!!!!! They almost always say they are a widower. And they like to say they are god fearing and like to pray, blah blah blah

Tip for consumers: Don't go there!!!!

harlanh12
12/26/16

Im really getting into this online dating stuff now! I signed up for SeniorPeopleMeet initially & now im a full member on PrimetimeLove.com as well! With those two sites im getting a really nice balance of having lots of opportunities to chat with other people who are using the sites over email messages and also getting out & about and meeting some interesting people in person. Im not often bothered by time wasters, nor do I get many offensive messages. Its just a nice place where I can go onlne and speak with people who are similar to me (lost my partner to cancer in 2014). Good clean fun that you can turn to when you wish (sometimes I go a few days without logging on) and a great way to stay positive and enjoy life at a time when being sociable is harder than ever. Very pleased I gave it a try!

jerryj12
12/25/16

WORSE, if not as bad as POF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!100 characters ??? OK, It sux monkey $#*!s, Giraffe $#*!s and Nigerian pygmy $#*!s

donnac143
12/23/16

I joined Our Time a year or so ago. I did find several people I was interested in, but they all lived 150 to hundreds of miles away. All others I found were poorly educated (some high school, high school, some college), quite conservative, and think that a turn on for a woman is a big, pot-bellied man holding up a huge fish he just caught (seems to be the majority of profiles). Of all the flirts and likes that I receive every day, most turn out to be repeats of old posts or bogus. Now my profile photo looks pretty good, but I have never had anyone favor me. The only person I actually met on this site, who claimed to be a caring gentleman (not!) turned out to be merely interested in using women for sex, then moving on to someone else. I too, cancelled my account and was charged the next month anyway. After months, I felt so lonely and decided to give it another try. This time I joined Senior People Meet and learned only later is is doubled up with Our Time. It's the same old story--several months of searching with no luck, and again, I will have to figure out how to really cancel so they don't continue to charge me. Have you noticed there is no way to contact a real person to complain? So I give up. Dating sites, I have concluded, are only wishful thinking and I'll just have to be content with living the rest of my life alone.

jackh112
12/9/16

"Welcome Back to SeniorPeopleMeet.com
Let someone get to know you! Answer the questions to provide a little more information about yourself." Why in hell's name do I keep getting this when I log on .I attempted to do some editing on the above question, which didn't take. I repeated the process several times,none of which showed up. By now I was fed up, so I decided to delete those paragraphs and start from scratch,but later, as I needed a break from the site's moroni algorithms. I had a copy of my 'blurb' and a day or so later,managed to edit it the way I had meant it to be. ...and now I am being harassed with the above pop up plus additional popups asking me to resubscribe, even though I still have three months showing on my account balance. What a cheesy site this is! I could add more such as why am I getting 48 year old match offerings when my search options distinctly ask for women between ages 62 and 71? And why cannot the message screen be a normal size instead of that as a postage stamp??

kathym121
11/17/16

I signed up yesterday and so far the majority of people on there are scam artists. If I can figure this out in minutes I don't understand why the administrators let them on there. The photos are stolen. All the profiles are worded the same. Be very careful of giving them your email phone number etc.

grahamw24
11/14/16

There are only so many articles you can read in the newspapers about dating sites for the over 50s before you end up trying them out. As a widow without children, I try to stay busy but the main thing I lack is strong friendships, particularly with the opposite sex, and of course Id welcome a touch of romance if it was to come my way. I joined this site as well as one called PrimeTimeLove.com and ive been using them both quite frequently indeed. Ive already met a few gentlemen around my age and im set to have my first in person meeting on Tuesday. Im going for high tea, which sounds very posh indeed and right up my street! Ive struggled at times with the sites but nothing that I wasnt able to figure out myself. Plus, the fact that ive been talking with people and planning to meet one soon goes to show that im managing the sites pretty well I think. They do cost money (both), which surprised me a little, but the amount is not a lot and you pay monthly, not weekly or daily. Its still early days but im enjoying being an online dater and expect ill be using these services for some time to come, hopefully making some new friends in the process. Give it a go!

cindys102
10/23/16

I'd rather not give this site any stars. It is not user friendly to find the "block" or "report a concern" icons. I got an offensive message from someone and cannot find out how to block him. The photos are thumbnail size and it's hard to upload more photos. I think my only option with this site is to cancel now and lose the money I paid. If you decide to try it, only buy one month to see if you agree with me.

sandraf45
10/17/16

I signed up for a month, and I went into the settings to turn off the renewal. The next month I was charged again. They claimed I did not turn off the renewal setting. I am positive 100% I turned it off, so they ripped me off for another month. I called demanding my money back, they turned a deaf ear to me saying I did not turn off the automatic renewal. Stay away!!!!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

28 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SeniorPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question