SeniorPeopleMeet reviews

sams419
10/13/17

I am in California, SeniorPeopleMeet is "matching" me with members in New York, Florida, Alaska, you get the idea. Waste of money!

charlenem35
9/27/17

Everything about this site sucks. They have no way for you to narrow your search in mileage. I've been out on a couple of dates the pictures do not match the people, I've never seen so many Christians who wanted to jump into bed immediately! This place is a total scam I applied for one month and they hit my credit card for almost $60. Worst dating site ever

marks544
9/18/17

As a young at heart 50 something I've been giving this online dating stuff a whirl to see if it can help me solve a few of my problems with finding things to do. The older you get, the less there seems to be going on, if you are unlucky enough to be a singleton like me! I run my own small business so meeting someone at work has never really been an option. I'm not particularly wealthy but have some disposable income and yes, I admit it would be nice to have someone to spend it with; holidays, theatre trips, etc. Im a member of the wine club but no eligible singles there im afraid. So I tried SeniorPeopleMeet and it really gave me an insight into online dating. I built up confidence on the site and altough I didnt meet anyone in my area, I think its worth trying if you are over fifty and serious about meeting someone for a long term relationship (friendship or more). The experience on the site led me to PrimeTimeLove.com, which has really made a big impact on my life. I've had dates (from dinner to table tennis!) and met some lovely people through the site. I definitely get the feeling I could become one of their success stories in time...here is hoping.

js316
9/16/17

This is the hardest site I've ever seen to try and navigate through. And you have to reset everything every time you go in it doesn't give you matches that you want it grows out matches for whatever waste of time waste of money.

johnc813
9/8/17

Donna Finch is going to get your money !! Don't contact her , I'm warning you !! She is sexy and her body is a 10, but everything is about money money and money.

rogers221
9/7/17

No, I'm just kidding! But it is the most entertainment you can get for 15 bucks a month! Scammers everywhere, nut jobs, serial daters looking for a free dinner, phoney profiles and much more! I read these profiles and laugh! Old worn out nurses, and fat school teachers, old divorced women looking for someone to pay off their credit cards, needy women who want to travel the world but have no money. It's a total waste of time, Everything is phoney, you will never meet anyone nice, but it is fun if you don't take it too seriously. It's just for laughs!!!

joyf19
9/6/17

FULL OF BULL!

i was getting lot's of messages, favors and likes BEFORE I JOINED! Over 180 messages to entice me until I paid my money to try it... From there it went to 1 or 2. Why the big difference all of a sudden? I think this is a great big SCAM. They have people or ways to make you think you are getting a lot of interest until you join... After that, its a bunch of BULL!!! Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time or your money....I'm sorry I did. It's the second time I've been fooled by them... Never again!!!

audreys32
8/29/17

I JOINED ON THE 15TH, THEY WERE HAVING A SPECIAL FOR $15.00. THEY HIT MY CREDIT CARD FOR OVER $30 AND THEN AGAIN FOR $22.00. OVER THE WEEKEND I HAD A FEELING THEY WERE DISHONEST AND CALLED MY CREDIT CARD CO, WHICH IS HOW I FOUND OUT. FILED A COMPLAINT AND BLOCKED THEM FROM PUTTING ANYTHING ELSE ON MY CARD. OH YES, PEOPLE ON THERE ARE OUT AND OUT LIARS, FAKE PROFILES, REALLY NASTY PEOPLE. STAY AWAY

billf78
Bill F.
8/26/17

My fiancee wouldn't talk to me for a whole day as she assumed that I was on your $#*!ing site cheating you $#*!s. How dare you invade my privacy and life with your bull$#*! page on my laptop you $#*!ers. Pull this $#*! again and I will report you the BBB. You suck and if you are that sucky a $#*!in singles program that you have to insinuate yourselves onto my desktop then you can all go $#*! yourselves got it!

normanp18
7/24/17

Gave this a try and I quite like it I must say. A very nice lay out and some lovely people. Im not sure how successful it will be for me. The reason I took so long to try it is that ive been very fortunate on PrimeTimeLove.com and I even know a couple that got married through that site, so its still my 'number one' but I think it can help to try others out too and improve my chances of meeting someone special through setting up more dates 'in person'. Wish me luck!

shirleyb57
7/17/17

please do not waste your time and money...I filled out a profile..decided against
signing up...then I started getting high pressure sales calls from them ...really insistant and really rude...scary

wayneh62
7/15/17

Huge scam. Fake profiles. Lie after lie. All about getting your money. While I was a paying client I rarely was contacted my anyone on the site. After I canceled my paid membership, within 24 hours I had 68 views on my profile, 17 likes, 15 yes's, and 38 flirts. hmmmm you think it could be fake profiles? haha

deed143
7/10/17

This website is absolutely TERRIBLE!! They are associated with many other dating sites, like Match, Our time, Love & Seek, Marriage Minded People, etc etc. They are all connected and your profile goes up on all of them once you do a cash signup. But, you have to PAY EACH SITE if you want to be active on each of them. But there's no way to opt out of having your profile plastered all over the companies they do business under. They claim to have an opt out button, but each time you come back to the site and check your account, it's been changed back to opt in!!! I only wasted 20 bucks and pulled my profile off, never again! For any of them! POF might get a lot of bad reviews, but it's free and you can actually message someone and receive a message back and it costs you nothing. Sure, it's filled with scammers, but listen now: THEY ALL ARE. Do NOT waste your money on any of the dating sites owned by People Media.

paulah56
Paula H.
6/14/17

SeniorPeopleMeet is a rip off. There are so many fake profiles and scammers. There isn't a way to contact customer service. I had messages from a man that claimed to live in San Antonio and when I did a Been Verified search for him, there were no results for San Antonio. I told him to stop messaging me because of what I found out and he did but then I noticed a few days later he had changed the city he was from. He's a scammer and it should be easy to let the website know but it's not.

Also my age limit is 64 to 74. Almost all of the matches are men in their 50s so it really doesn't matter what you put in as your age range. Totally useless.

I only paid for one month and I am so glad that I did because I will not be renewing. I've gotten lots of looks and some of the canned messages but very few actual messages. I am an attractive fit woman with an interesting profile so it's not that I am not appealing. I think many people use this site as entertainment to pass the time and as somewhat of a social network instead of having real life friends.

nhorag
6/13/17

They will charge and charge and overcharge your account. Horrible customer service. Save your pennies and go to a better service

bernardm31
5/30/17

Really enjoying this site, like the focus on people who are more 'mature' even if it's a little condescending. In terms of people on the website there's certainly good numbers and variety but it still falls a little behind my favourite dating site PrimeTimeLove which I would highly recommend to those that arent already members like me. Overall a good site, 8 / 10.

shirleyh72
5/18/17

It has been 3 months and they cannot fix my technical issues
I have emailed 3 times and called them, they make no attempt to return emails or try to solve issues
I would not recommend this site

Tip for consumers: Do not sign up for this site

charlottes49
5/9/17

I meet a guy that was 71 years old at first we hit it off great. Then after 2 weeks he never contacted me to say that he doesn't want to see me anymore. I think that it was very rude of him not to tell me that it was over. I can't wait till my subscription is over. I will never ever use a dating website again. I thought being that age he would be a gentleman and say how sorry he is. Broker

adrianr25
5/8/17

No complaints about SeniorPeopleMeet. Not sure if it will take me to the highs that primetimelove has done over the past 12 months but time will tell. So far so good!

hughb11
5/7/17

another company that pays spammers to send their unwanted e-mails to millions. I am sick of it in my mail box, having never asked for info

tammij3
4/30/17

I told them to remove my card info two weeks before the "suspect activity" got worse. It came to a boiling point today when I realized it was sending messages to people I didnt send messages to. I CHANGED MY PASSWORD AND profile information to say "I am going to a real site" and then they charged my card without my authorization for tokens I didnt authorize. I have been forced to freeze my bank card because there is no telling what else they will try.

danc129
4/25/17

Worst dating site on the web!! Pay and pay and pay and never get to message or receive messages without paying Moore!!
No other site on web is this greedy!!
All I want is to figure out how to cancel and unsubscribe without paying more and more.
Have gotten nothing from this site without paying more and more.
Dan Clark

kevinl160
4/18/17

It's well known that match are behind this site so expectations are high when you sign up. It's certainly easy to use which is important for me. But for all the promise I think I still prefer primetimelove.com as it was the first site I joined and ive had a few dates from it. It was worth trying ourtime I think but for me its a case of if its not broke then there's no need to fix it.

mb212
4/16/17

I am 70, female. They keep sending me 11 matches a day that are not acceptable.
April 10th one 15 years younger, two 11 years younger, one 9 years younger, two 8 years younger, one 7 years younger, etc. April 11th: Three 18 years younger, one 13 years younger, one 11 years younger, one ten years younger, three my age, but smokers or 100s of miles away. April 12th: One 20 years younger, one 11 years younger, one 10 years younger, one 8 years younger. April 13th: one 20 years younger, one 19 years younger, one 16 years younger, one 15 years younger, one 9 years younger, the rest 6 years younger. April: one 20 years younger, one 19 years younger, one 17 years younger, one 14 years younger, one 11 years younger, one 9 years younger, etc. I have asked them to send no matches if they are going to match me with someone decades younger! They just keep getting more and more ridiculous. Now, nobody is close to my age unless they are 1000 miles away. They have my money through August - - I am getting nothing but played!

tedz2
4/14/17

Old skaggy women. No way to prefer anything. I'd like to meet a mature Asian lady, but there's no race choice. Worst dating site ever.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Yes, Brian, I would like to think the persons we are trying to meet maybe left the site or found someone. The bottom line is this, I have never ever heard anything positive about this Web site. It makes me ill sending you messages you can't read until you pay more than as you look at the advertising the clock is running. No worries we all got ripped off it happens

By Emily C. on 11/6/15
Helpful answer

They are often real, but not unfortunately of a very high caliber. I know that sounds awful, but I do not set my standards too high. I just tend to be a realist. Good luck to all.

By Kate T. on 9/25/15
Helpful answer

I'm not familiar with eHarmony; I'm on POF (plenty of fish); seniorpeoplemeeet.com, and match.com (I dislike match.com and when my current 'membership' expires; I'm definitely not renewing; they do not want us 'customers' to contact them & make it very difficult for us to do so. I just go on the internet and find them thru that . . .POF is probably the best; they tend to be reasonably priced; make it easy to contact them, etc. SeniorPeopleMeet.com I would not recommend either; they make it extremely difficult to get in contact with them (on purpose, no doubt!).

By Karen P. on 4/7/10
Helpful answer

if you did not turn off the automatic renewal and got your first membership at a discounted price, they will automatically renew you at the regular price at the end of your 6th month membership.

By Virginia M. on 7/12/15
Helpful answer

when you cannot get on a site you need to go on the net, find them, and ask for customer service. I've found several phone numbers that way . . .Karen

By Karen P. on 5/8/15
Helpful answer

Get ahold of better business bureau and report. Also call your state attorney general office, tell your story. They will look in to this. I can not find a number or email to contact "The Main Office" at this site seniorpeoplemeet.com

By Anne S. on 11/9/16
Helpful answer

I paid and was getting fake E mails everyday.Rip off.

By Mark D. on 6/9/16
Helpful answer

Are you paid to say this? They are not helpful, do not respond, and the process is far from easy. I could not even get my photo uploaded and the problem was at their end. Try to make new friends with no photo.I'm happy for you if you had a positive experience but this site is just sad and misleading.

By Linda R. on 9/26/15
Helpful answer

yes, there are real people on SeniorPeopleMeet.com. I know, because I've met several of them here in Sacramento, where I live. Nice people, just not 'the one', but have made some new friends, and although I'm not crazy about this site, because it's not totally user friendly, it's not bad. It's the better of several sites that I've tried . . hope this helps . .Sunshine 'N Smiles . .Karen

By Karen P. on 7/16/15
Helpful answer

Hi, When you go to your site you must bring the person up when they are on line. When you click on them and the email box opens in the upper right hand corner click on the middle icon looks like a spiky wheel and it gives you 3 choices. Click on block this person. Hope this helps you out.

By Bridget L. on 6/10/15
Questions? Get answers from the SeniorPeopleMeet staff and other customers.

SeniorPeopleMeet?