paulah56
Paula H.
6/14/17

SeniorPeopleMeet is a rip off. There are so many fake profiles and scammers. There isn't a way to contact customer service. I had messages from a man that claimed to live in San Antonio and when I did a Been Verified search for him, there were no results for San Antonio. I told him to stop messaging me because of what I found out and he did but then I noticed a few days later he had changed the city he was from. He's a scammer and it should be easy to let the website know but it's not.

Also my age limit is 64 to 74. Almost all of the matches are men in their 50s so it really doesn't matter what you put in as your age range. Totally useless.

I only paid for one month and I am so glad that I did because I will not be renewing. I've gotten lots of looks and some of the canned messages but very few actual messages. I am an attractive fit woman with an interesting profile so it's not that I am not appealing. I think many people use this site as entertainment to pass the time and as somewhat of a social network instead of having real life friends.

nhorag
6/13/17

They will charge and charge and overcharge your account. Horrible customer service. Save your pennies and go to a better service

sherryw35
6/6/17

A cousin of mine introduced me to Jasmine hook up, where i found my lovely Man. all you need is to send her e-mail on - jasmineangel274@gmail.com - I sent her e-mail and she asked me to write her a long e-mail on my kind of match. its a local platform and she is yet to upgrade her website. This platform is 100% FREE ,its for senior people ready for long term serious relationship. she has practically hook up 12 people and they are happily in Love, including me

bernardm31
5/30/17

Really enjoying this site, like the focus on people who are more 'mature' even if it's a little condescending. In terms of people on the website there's certainly good numbers and variety but it still falls a little behind my favourite dating site PrimeTimeLove which I would highly recommend to those that arent already members like me. Overall a good site, 8 / 10.

shirleyh72
5/18/17

It has been 3 months and they cannot fix my technical issues
I have emailed 3 times and called them, they make no attempt to return emails or try to solve issues
I would not recommend this site

Tip for consumers: Do not sign up for this site

charlottes49
5/9/17

I meet a guy that was 71 years old at first we hit it off great. Then after 2 weeks he never contacted me to say that he doesn't want to see me anymore. I think that it was very rude of him not to tell me that it was over. I can't wait till my subscription is over. I will never ever use a dating website again. I thought being that age he would be a gentleman and say how sorry he is. Broker

adrianr25
5/8/17

No complaints about SeniorPeopleMeet. Not sure if it will take me to the highs that primetimelove has done over the past 12 months but time will tell. So far so good!

hughb11
5/7/17

another company that pays spammers to send their unwanted e-mails to millions. I am sick of it in my mail box, having never asked for info

tammij3
4/30/17

I told them to remove my card info two weeks before the "suspect activity" got worse. It came to a boiling point today when I realized it was sending messages to people I didnt send messages to. I CHANGED MY PASSWORD AND profile information to say "I am going to a real site" and then they charged my card without my authorization for tokens I didnt authorize. I have been forced to freeze my bank card because there is no telling what else they will try.

danc129
4/25/17

Worst dating site on the web!! Pay and pay and pay and never get to message or receive messages without paying Moore!!
No other site on web is this greedy!!
All I want is to figure out how to cancel and unsubscribe without paying more and more.
Have gotten nothing from this site without paying more and more.
Dan Clark

kevinl160
4/18/17

It's well known that match are behind this site so expectations are high when you sign up. It's certainly easy to use which is important for me. But for all the promise I think I still prefer primetimelove.com as it was the first site I joined and ive had a few dates from it. It was worth trying ourtime I think but for me its a case of if its not broke then there's no need to fix it.

mb212
4/16/17

I am 70, female. They keep sending me 11 matches a day that are not acceptable.
April 10th one 15 years younger, two 11 years younger, one 9 years younger, two 8 years younger, one 7 years younger, etc. April 11th: Three 18 years younger, one 13 years younger, one 11 years younger, one ten years younger, three my age, but smokers or 100s of miles away. April 12th: One 20 years younger, one 11 years younger, one 10 years younger, one 8 years younger. April 13th: one 20 years younger, one 19 years younger, one 16 years younger, one 15 years younger, one 9 years younger, the rest 6 years younger. April: one 20 years younger, one 19 years younger, one 17 years younger, one 14 years younger, one 11 years younger, one 9 years younger, etc. I have asked them to send no matches if they are going to match me with someone decades younger! They just keep getting more and more ridiculous. Now, nobody is close to my age unless they are 1000 miles away. They have my money through August - - I am getting nothing but played!

tedz2
4/14/17

Old skaggy women. No way to prefer anything. I'd like to meet a mature Asian lady, but there's no race choice. Worst dating site ever.

davids728
4/4/17

I paid $80.00 for profiles that have not been on for years !!! You guys are Scammers !!! and I hope you enjoy the money you take from real people that have worked hard to make sure you people have a great life while we are paying you for nothing !!! I hope someday I can find a real web site that is really the real deal !!

barbaral96
4/4/17

I signed up for six months. Tried hard to vet men I was chatting with, and half were scammers. Many others were not even close to honest, which is not the site's responsibility, but the site itself sends fake flirts and message alerts with no compunction. Especially after my subscription expires. Indicates to me that lying is perfectly acceptable, actually promoted on this site. Not for me! I would not recommend it and will not waste money again.

shanep32
3/22/17

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on this. Considering the silver surfer market is generally regarded as the biggest for spending, the dating sites for this demographic are generally poor. I think SeniorPeopleMeet along with maybe just one other (PrimeTimeLove) are the only reliable 'grey dating' websites. Well worth checking out both and they only cost a few bucks a month. Shane (59 years old) in Minneapolis.

janef55
3/20/17

I chose a payment option of 7.00 and ended up being charged 33.00 and there is no way out of it. All customers beware of this rip off company.

robina46
3/18/17

I am extremely unhappy with seniorpeoplemeet.com. I have had nothing but trouble with this website and the customer service is terrible. just finding the phone number to call is a pain and the hours they are available are almost the same as my work hours. I have been unable to get on the website for 3 weeks now in spite of the many attempts to work with the customer service rep. One of them actually hung up on me before I was done and said you can get on now have a nice day.I paid money for a service that i cannot even use. Very frustrating. There are a lot of scammers on this website. Beware. Unhappy still single customer.

toma570
2/26/17

This review covers both SeniorPeopleMeet and OurTime, which as I understand it share the same database of users.

My biggest complaint isn't with the service, it's with he low quality of the profiles. I'd like to learn something about a woman before I invest time in getting to know her better. I'd like to focus on women that have interests and viewpoints that overlap mine. I'd like to weed out women that are obviously not compatible. Sadly, the profiles reveal almost nothing of the women. Profile after profile says the same thing: "I like to laugh, I like the outdoors..." Even the easy click-on-an-answer questions are often not answered. Consequently, I have proactively contacted very few women because I know virtually nothing significant about any of them.

Conversely, if you think of a profile as just an icebreaker and you just want to meet lots of women regardless of what they are like, then you probably don't care about this.

As for the site itself, it has at least two ways to get you to interact. The main screen will show two women and you can click on which one you like best, based only on a photo. Second, a link to "Today's Matches" will show you a list and you can click Yes or No.

In either case, a positive click will generate a flirt message to that person, a canned sentence from maybe a dozen or so pre-written sentences. When I first signed up I was getting a lot of these canned flirt messages. I thought it odd that none of these women were writing anything themselves. Then I realized that most or all of them are just clicking on my picture and don't even know they're sending a canned message to me.

On a positive note, the few women I have met have been pleasant and I've enjoyed meeting them.

mollies3
2/15/17

This is my review of SeniorPeopleMeet by Mollie in Devonshire. I must say I like this site a lot. After meeting some true gentlemen on PrimeTimeLove.com I heard about SeniorPeopleMeet and thought why not give it a try as well! So now I have two memberships and im having a ball. It does take a while to get used to checking your messages and clicking everything in the right place, but if I can manage then anyone can!

dottiec3
2/9/17

Paid for a one month membership but have had viruses hit both devices. 1st time I thought it was just because I went in through my email . 2nd time logged in through google. So this is just scamming people

diannes33
2/8/17

Been on here for 4 months and nothing but scammers. If there are good men, which I am sure there are, women are so suspicious and ask questiobsvto avoid scams and scare good ones away. Very sad.

gingerm15
1/25/17

Very Unhappy with the Site overall, there is nowhere to ask a question. I have encountered at least 6 unscrupulous men from probably Nigeria. Be Aware, many of the men on there are looking to take you to the cleaners. I am sure there are some real people on the site, because I was on there and I am real. It became a job just trying to figure out who was real and who was not. Watch the wording in the messages, If you think no one ever talks that way.... You are right.

jamesr252
1/23/17

I joined SeniorPeopleMeet after reading a newspaper article on the growing number of silver surfers meeting up with each other for friendship and companionship. I must say that I was a little sceptical at first and did feel that there was still something of a stigma behind the online dating fad. However, my opinion has slowly turned around, to the point that im actually now meeting gentlemen in the city/ surrounding areas every couple of weeks or so! Its not all through SeniorPeopleMeet, I joined PrimeTimeLove.com too in order to compare it and have ended up using them both. I usually go for high tea or to the theatre (with pre-drinks) for the dates but would recommend going to a class with your match, as its a far better way to interact and see them out of their comfort zone! It also ensures that you always have something to talk about, for example if you do a pizza making workshop or salsa class, there is little room for awkward silences and you end up having a great night, even if you decide not to meet again. To conclude my review, I dont know if ill find the mythical L O V E, as a stout 54 year old I had all but given up long ago, but I have been pleasantly surprised by using two sites at just how generous and interesting most of the men I speak to can be. I guess you could say that Im very much converted to online dating now!

karenm298
1/21/17

I have friends and myself who have tryed to have our profiles removed but they still have them on their site. Beware if u put a photo on, they will keep it forever.
Many, many are people who are no longer on their site. Beware.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Yes, Brian, I would like to think the persons we are trying to meet maybe left the site or found someone. The bottom line is this, I have never ever heard anything positive about this Web site. It makes me ill sending you messages you can't read until you pay more than as you look at the advertising the clock is running. No worries we all got ripped off it happens

By Emily C. on 11/6/15
Helpful answer

They are often real, but not unfortunately of a very high caliber. I know that sounds awful, but I do not set my standards too high. I just tend to be a realist. Good luck to all.

By Kate T. on 9/25/15
Helpful answer

I'm not familiar with eHarmony; I'm on POF (plenty of fish); seniorpeoplemeeet.com, and match.com (I dislike match.com and when my current 'membership' expires; I'm definitely not renewing; they do not want us 'customers' to contact them & make it very difficult for us to do so. I just go on the internet and find them thru that . . .POF is probably the best; they tend to be reasonably priced; make it easy to contact them, etc. SeniorPeopleMeet.com I would not recommend either; they make it extremely difficult to get in contact with them (on purpose, no doubt!).

By Karen P. on 4/7/10
Helpful answer

if you did not turn off the automatic renewal and got your first membership at a discounted price, they will automatically renew you at the regular price at the end of your 6th month membership.

By Virginia M. on 7/12/15
Helpful answer

when you cannot get on a site you need to go on the net, find them, and ask for customer service. I've found several phone numbers that way . . .Karen

By Karen P. on 5/8/15
Helpful answer

Get ahold of better business bureau and report. Also call your state attorney general office, tell your story. They will look in to this. I can not find a number or email to contact "The Main Office" at this site seniorpeoplemeet.com

By Anne S. on 11/9/16
Helpful answer

I paid and was getting fake E mails everyday.Rip off.

By Mark D. on 6/9/16
Helpful answer

Are you paid to say this? They are not helpful, do not respond, and the process is far from easy. I could not even get my photo uploaded and the problem was at their end. Try to make new friends with no photo.I'm happy for you if you had a positive experience but this site is just sad and misleading.

By Linda R. on 9/26/15
Helpful answer

yes, there are real people on SeniorPeopleMeet.com. I know, because I've met several of them here in Sacramento, where I live. Nice people, just not 'the one', but have made some new friends, and although I'm not crazy about this site, because it's not totally user friendly, it's not bad. It's the better of several sites that I've tried . . hope this helps . .Sunshine 'N Smiles . .Karen

By Karen P. on 7/16/15
Helpful answer

Hi, When you go to your site you must bring the person up when they are on line. When you click on them and the email box opens in the upper right hand corner click on the middle icon looks like a spiky wheel and it gives you 3 choices. Click on block this person. Hope this helps you out.

By Bridget L. on 6/10/15
Questions? Get answers from the SeniorPeopleMeet staff and other customers.

SeniorPeopleMeet?