PerformanceChipsDirect reviews

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

piersona
3/20/17

Seriously what's worse, theese guys, or car nonkeys? I was thinking of buying this but not after reading the reviews, which I learned to do after dealing with car monkeys.

jayl186
3/10/17

DO NOT BUY THIS CHIP. IT'S A FAKE PRODUCT THAT CAN ONLY DAMAGE YOUR CAR. LOOK AT THEIR BUSINESS ADDRESS: 905 PARK AVE, MINNEAPOLIS -- IT'S A FRONT FOR LLC SCAMS: According to information in BBB files, the owners of this company also own several other companies; KASA Capital, LLC, Street Beats, LLC, Bodykits.com LLC, Tryst Entertainment, LLC, KASA Motorcycle Parts, LLC, KASA Auto Parts, LLC, KASA Lighting, LLC...

kenj124
3/10/17

Receved wires condensers and ox sensor in a plastic sack with wiring diagram. Took the mess to two auto garages. They wouldn't install it. They said it could possible damage my vehicle. I called customer service. Had exceed 30 money back policy. I said I would have to write a bad review. He said he could care less. With restocking fee and return postage I wouldn't get any off my money back. I should have read review before ordering. My bad. Will keep it to remind myself that there are rip off out there. !! You get what you pay for.

thomasr136
3/7/17

No question, just read reviews from people who purchased your product. I purchased a similar one years ago for my chevy truck, and it burned the ecu. Worked good for about 1 month, then my truck went down hill from there. Basically ruined my vehicle.

samueln10
3/7/17

Mine is basically the same as the other reviews it's a rip-off. Not satisfied at all with the product and when I went to return it but the other said they charge you 40 or $50 for restocking fee so you better read the fine print. They will never get my business again and I hope this help somebody else not to do business with them have a blessed day

gregc59
10/13/16

I haven't installed the "chip", but after reading reviews on it(which I should have done first), I won't, since I don't want any damage to my vehicle. One common trait I did notice is that most everyone states that they offer an additional part to go with, at a "discounted" price, in order to get the most out of it. This also happened with me. After my purchase, I soon received emails and phone calls offering me an "open box" item at 70% off, which I declined. A few days after this, my bank alerts me to a fraudulent purchase using the same card I used to purchase the "chip". The location of purchase was close to the same area where performancechipsdirect are located. Suspicious, if nothing else. FYI.

roberta315
8/10/16

Returned the components which were never installed and still have not received my refund. Be warned. This is not a legitimate business. Their products DO NOT WORK AT ALL.

braedeng
6/3/16

I ordered this product thinking that for $70 it was worth giving it a shot. I placed the order and was soon called by a person from their company telling me that the only way I was going to get the gains that they advertised was to purchase two more additional chips to go with my original purchase. Each additional chip was another $70. I reluctantly agreed since the salesman told me that I could just simply send them back for a refund if I was not satisfied. Well long story short, I got the product and was unimpressed to say the least. It looked like a cheap piece of plastic and resistor that you could pick up at any RadioShack. I couldn't believe that I spent that much money for something so pathetic. Needless to say I sent the chips back without even opening the packaging. I paid for the shipping back and the company accepted my return but only issued me a partial refund. I called their customer service and the representative told me that there was no way that they were going to refund me any of the return fee because it stated it in the purchase agreement when you purchase the product. I told him that it was ridiculous that they were charging that big of a return fee if they weren't selling a fake product. I asked him if he would at least refund me the restocking fees for the additional two chips that the sales representative sold to me. He told me that he was not willing to do that. Absolute garbage product and even worse customer service. This company is running a complete scam!! I spend in total $210 plus return shipping and was refunded $150. What a total scam.

jamesw279
4/3/16

Heed the warning...buy this pet rock and you'll be sorry. Doesn't work, a resister chip covered in glue, maybe connected. Biggest scam on the market. Will take your money won't give back. Buyer beware!

harryh52
3/11/16

Buy part, 30 cent cheap plastic resistor covered in glue, tricks engine into thinking its 30 degrees outside, more gas feed, eventually will burn positions, no increase is a scam, try to return for money back, only get 75 percent back, call and they say package never received, hope you lost your tracking number or send regular mail, oh and then after you order a email is sent saying something wrong with order, they call trying to sell upgrade chip for 149 more, but can't prove dyno, only customer reviews, which are all scams. Buyer beware this is a scam outfit

nateb13
3/8/16

I came home from work after a grueling day and decided to put in my chip. Not saying I believed it was a high quality chip but I just wanted a little more bang. I put the chip in and 2 O2 sensor chips in the exhaust and instantly threw codes. After further review and disassembling one of the o2 chips I came to find the sensor is nothing. Its 2 wires on one side and in the middle.... Is the same wires spliced with no internal components. Then I took apart the chip. Its made from simple components you could buy from radio shack for about $10. These people are crooks and please hear my word(I ignored other reviews) don't buy this unless trash. I'm out $200 but I learned my lesson. These people have no idea what their doing or their geniuses and have ripped off so many people like me. CAUTION!!!!

jamesv45
1/25/16

DO NOT buy from these clowns!!!! They are misleading, will not honor product, selling items that do not work! Stay away!!!!

billc101
12/23/15

Don't waste your money on this garbage! No gains at all and their business practices suck! Beware consumers!

trinop
12/14/15

I bought this product because the person in customer service said it was easy to install and no technical skills needed (not the case). It does not indicate anything about cutting up 02 connector connections (but there is a lot of cutting). I was going to send it back but with restocking fees, shipping fees and all the rest of there mumbo-jumbo BS it's actually cheaper to just keep it. AGAIN don't buy it you will just be wasting your money.

chasen2
10/5/15

I purchased this chip for my 2012 Honda Civic Si and the chips works great. Instantly I felt better throttle response and it work very well. I have not got a dyno yet, But I am beating my friends of the line with the chip better than I did before and I only have a Cold air intake and this chip in it. It sounds throater and has a much better pick up. There is a low side for better MPG, but I have not used that yet. I recommend this chip for This model Civic any day!! Keep up the good work Performance chips Direct and thanks for offering the best chip for a great price.

Thanks
Chase

roberts247
5/17/15

If it LOOKS like a duck, SOUNDS like a duck and SMELLS like a duck, guess what - IT'S A DUCK!!

Same goes for a SCAM!!! It kills me that there a such PUBLIC scam out there PREYING on people so shamelessly! Really - IN THIS ECONOMY?? THESE PEOPLE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONSCIENCE!

I would LOVE to be advised of a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT!! If nothing else, just to see them PAY for being such LIARS AND THIEVES!!!

elijaha7
9/9/14

DONT BUY IT!!! HUGE ASS SCAM!
I wish I read these reviews before I bought it. It is a complete scam and there is nothing inside the performance chip but wires soldered together and a bull$#*! dial that does nothing. The O2 Sensor chip is nothing but wires put together wrapped with black shrink wrap and fitted in the container with Hot Glue... There's no returning the item so I took these pieces of $#*! apart. Glad I read reviews before put it on my car....

jessep13
9/3/14

COMPLETE SCAM! The so called parts they sell are junk and they will not honor a refund. I wish I had of searched the reviews before ordering. You call and a con artist sells you something that you supposedly need then someone calls back later telling you that you will also need another stage to maximize performance and fuel mileage. If you decide at that point you want to cancel the original order they will tell you it has already been shipped and you will have to pay a 25% restocking fee. I was sold the original performance chip for better fuel mileage then was called back by their con artist salesman and sold a o2 sensor chip and was told I needed one of these to maximize the fuel mileage for my vehicle. after I received the package and went to install the two parts I find out that the o2 sensor chip requires 4 of these to work properly at $69.00 each and now they refuse to take the unopened parts back for a refund even deducting the 25% restocking fee. This company is nothing but a SCAM. Read all of their poor reviews. Donate what ever money you are about to give to these crooks to a reputable charity.

Tip for consumers: Read their reviews from everyone else before you get screwed like we did.

chuckc15
8/6/14

I purchased a stage 3 chip for my GMC K3500 for towing,not only did it lose power and mileage, it stalls,surges at stop signs. I have tried to e-mail but got no response,,DO NOT BUY ANY THING FROM PERFORMANCE CHIPS DIRECT THEY ARE A COMPLEAT RIP OFF!!!!

richardb93
4/9/14

Returned the parts without opening because their so called easy installation wasn't.
Total charge $212.00, and amount returned $134.00. I spoke to Chris in customer service, explained how salesman told me very easy to install even without mechanical ability etc. The $78.00 stocking fee is more than the parts are worth. We argued for awhile, wouldn't let me speak to his supervisor (the owner?)and said the owner wouldn't call me back anyway. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. When I told Chris I was not happy with the charge and that I would be happy with half of it back he said no because I was "rude". (punk) I ended the conversation by saying that I would review he company on the internet and he said do what you have to do.
Good way to build the business-jerk

andrewz5
3/11/14

I didn't even open the package and returned it and they called me back stating they don't even want it. I can't even return it damn it

danb73
3/9/14

I was stupid and fell for the scam without looking at all the reviews on so many sites including the BBB.
Of course you can not search the site for the parts they call and offer you and they absolutely lie about a Dyno showing improvements.
It was not easy I had to search for ever to find the correct wiring diagrams since the instructions they give are extremely vague.

davidb159
9/4/13

I bought a stage 2 for my 2013 Camaro 2094086288 I will never buy anything from jet performance again

garyg6
7/10/13

THESE FOLKS SUCK. I HAD THE PRESENCE OF MIND,UNFORTUNATELYAFTER I PURCHASED THERE PRODUCTS. WHICH I WILL ADD DO NOT WORK! A PIECE OF SH<<.THEY HAD THE NERVE TO CHARGE ME25% RESTOCKING FEE AND SHIPPING AND HANDLING.I RETURNED THE MERCHANDISE IN PERSON TO THEIR OFFICES IN WALNUT,CA... STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bradk13
7/9/13

On Jan 11/13 I ordered a chip for my Hummer H3, was called & offered the stage 3, "for a special price". On Jan. 28 I called to check on my order, was told it was shipped on the 15th, check with the post office. I called back to say the post office knew nothing about it & was told they had a severe backorder and it shipped yesterday. I recieved it Feb 14th, installed stage 1 noticed a little more responsive throttle but lost MPG. Got a REA # to return it, sent it back Feb 28th recieved a credit to my credit card less $71.53 they say is restocking & original shipping. So much for a 100% guarantee

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the PerformanceChipsDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 9/5/15
Answer
jamesd252
James D.
A: I spoke to Same Guy If U have a little Box with a power Knob on it and 2 02 Surge Chips then its stage 3 and DONT listen these peoples crap they putting them on bs not 350s I have a 98 Silverado on 40s with 22 rim and I can smoke them no problem now just make sure arrow facing the ECU or motor not the 02 sensor and good ground set power to Max and floor it... Let me know u think...
on 7/14/16