US Government’s NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

braedeng
6/3/16

I ordered this product thinking that for $70 it was worth giving it a shot. I placed the order and was soon called by a person from their company telling me that the only way I was going to get the gains that they advertised was to purchase two more additional chips to go with my original purchase. Each additional chip was another $70. I reluctantly agreed since the salesman told me that I could just simply send them back for a refund if I was not satisfied. Well long story short, I got the product and was unimpressed to say the least. It looked like a cheap piece of plastic and resistor that you could pick up at any RadioShack. I couldn't believe that I spent that much money for something so pathetic. Needless to say I sent the chips back without even opening the packaging. I paid for the shipping back and the company accepted my return but only issued me a partial refund. I called their customer service and the representative told me that there was no way that they were going to refund me any of the return fee because it stated it in the purchase agreement when you purchase the product. I told him that it was ridiculous that they were charging that big of a return fee if they weren't selling a fake product. I asked him if he would at least refund me the restocking fees for the additional two chips that the sales representative sold to me. He told me that he was not willing to do that. Absolute garbage product and even worse customer service. This company is running a complete scam!! I spend in total $210 plus return shipping and was refunded $150. What a total scam.

jamesw279
4/3/16

Heed the warning...buy this pet rock and you'll be sorry. Doesn't work, a resister chip covered in glue, maybe connected. Biggest scam on the market. Will take your money won't give back. Buyer beware!

harryh52
3/11/16

Buy part, 30 cent cheap plastic resistor covered in glue, tricks engine into thinking its 30 degrees outside, more gas feed, eventually will burn positions, no increase is a scam, try to return for money back, only get 75 percent back, call and they say package never received, hope you lost your tracking number or send regular mail, oh and then after you order a email is sent saying something wrong with order, they call trying to sell upgrade chip for 149 more, but can't prove dyno, only customer reviews, which are all scams. Buyer beware this is a scam outfit

nateb13
3/8/16

I came home from work after a grueling day and decided to put in my chip. Not saying I believed it was a high quality chip but I just wanted a little more bang. I put the chip in and 2 O2 sensor chips in the exhaust and instantly threw codes. After further review and disassembling one of the o2 chips I came to find the sensor is nothing. Its 2 wires on one side and in the middle.... Is the same wires spliced with no internal components. Then I took apart the chip. Its made from simple components you could buy from radio shack for about $10. These people are crooks and please hear my word(I ignored other reviews) don't buy this unless trash. I'm out $200 but I learned my lesson. These people have no idea what their doing or their geniuses and have ripped off so many people like me. CAUTION!!!!

jamesv45
1/25/16

DO NOT buy from these clowns!!!! They are misleading, will not honor product, selling items that do not work! Stay away!!!!

billc101
12/23/15

Don't waste your money on this garbage! No gains at all and their business practices suck! Beware consumers!

trinop
12/14/15

I bought this product because the person in customer service said it was easy to install and no technical skills needed (not the case). It does not indicate anything about cutting up 02 connector connections (but there is a lot of cutting). I was going to send it back but with restocking fees, shipping fees and all the rest of there mumbo-jumbo BS it's actually cheaper to just keep it. AGAIN don't buy it you will just be wasting your money.

chasen2
10/5/15

I purchased this chip for my 2012 Honda Civic Si and the chips works great. Instantly I felt better throttle response and it work very well. I have not got a dyno yet, But I am beating my friends of the line with the chip better than I did before and I only have a Cold air intake and this chip in it. It sounds throater and has a much better pick up. There is a low side for better MPG, but I have not used that yet. I recommend this chip for This model Civic any day!! Keep up the good work Performance chips Direct and thanks for offering the best chip for a great price.

Thanks
Chase

roberts247
5/17/15

If it LOOKS like a duck, SOUNDS like a duck and SMELLS like a duck, guess what - IT'S A DUCK!!

Same goes for a SCAM!!! It kills me that there a such PUBLIC scam out there PREYING on people so shamelessly! Really - IN THIS ECONOMY?? THESE PEOPLE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CONSCIENCE!

I would LOVE to be advised of a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT!! If nothing else, just to see them PAY for being such LIARS AND THIEVES!!!

elijaha7
9/9/14

DONT BUY IT!!! HUGE ASS SCAM!
I wish I read these reviews before I bought it. It is a complete scam and there is nothing inside the performance chip but wires soldered together and a bull$#*! dial that does nothing. The O2 Sensor chip is nothing but wires put together wrapped with black shrink wrap and fitted in the container with Hot Glue... There's no returning the item so I took these pieces of $#*! apart. Glad I read reviews before put it on my car....

jessep13
9/3/14

COMPLETE SCAM! The so called parts they sell are junk and they will not honor a refund. I wish I had of searched the reviews before ordering. You call and a con artist sells you something that you supposedly need then someone calls back later telling you that you will also need another stage to maximize performance and fuel mileage. If you decide at that point you want to cancel the original order they will tell you it has already been shipped and you will have to pay a 25% restocking fee. I was sold the original performance chip for better fuel mileage then was called back by their con artist salesman and sold a o2 sensor chip and was told I needed one of these to maximize the fuel mileage for my vehicle. after I received the package and went to install the two parts I find out that the o2 sensor chip requires 4 of these to work properly at $69.00 each and now they refuse to take the unopened parts back for a refund even deducting the 25% restocking fee. This company is nothing but a SCAM. Read all of their poor reviews. Donate what ever money you are about to give to these crooks to a reputable charity.

Tip for consumers: Read their reviews from everyone else before you get screwed like we did.

chuckc15
8/6/14

I purchased a stage 3 chip for my GMC K3500 for towing,not only did it lose power and mileage, it stalls,surges at stop signs. I have tried to e-mail but got no response,,DO NOT BUY ANY THING FROM PERFORMANCE CHIPS DIRECT THEY ARE A COMPLEAT RIP OFF!!!!

richardb93
4/9/14

Returned the parts without opening because their so called easy installation wasn't.
Total charge $212.00, and amount returned $134.00. I spoke to Chris in customer service, explained how salesman told me very easy to install even without mechanical ability etc. The $78.00 stocking fee is more than the parts are worth. We argued for awhile, wouldn't let me speak to his supervisor (the owner?)and said the owner wouldn't call me back anyway. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. When I told Chris I was not happy with the charge and that I would be happy with half of it back he said no because I was "rude". (punk) I ended the conversation by saying that I would review he company on the internet and he said do what you have to do.
Good way to build the business-jerk

andrewz5
3/11/14

I didn't even open the package and returned it and they called me back stating they don't even want it. I can't even return it damn it

danb73
3/9/14

I was stupid and fell for the scam without looking at all the reviews on so many sites including the BBB.
Of course you can not search the site for the parts they call and offer you and they absolutely lie about a Dyno showing improvements.
It was not easy I had to search for ever to find the correct wiring diagrams since the instructions they give are extremely vague.

davidb159
9/4/13

I bought a stage 2 for my 2013 Camaro 2094086288 I will never buy anything from jet performance again

garyg6
7/10/13

THESE FOLKS SUCK. I HAD THE PRESENCE OF MIND,UNFORTUNATELYAFTER I PURCHASED THERE PRODUCTS. WHICH I WILL ADD DO NOT WORK! A PIECE OF SH<<.THEY HAD THE NERVE TO CHARGE ME25% RESTOCKING FEE AND SHIPPING AND HANDLING.I RETURNED THE MERCHANDISE IN PERSON TO THEIR OFFICES IN WALNUT,CA... STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bradk13
7/9/13

On Jan 11/13 I ordered a chip for my Hummer H3, was called & offered the stage 3, "for a special price". On Jan. 28 I called to check on my order, was told it was shipped on the 15th, check with the post office. I called back to say the post office knew nothing about it & was told they had a severe backorder and it shipped yesterday. I recieved it Feb 14th, installed stage 1 noticed a little more responsive throttle but lost MPG. Got a REA # to return it, sent it back Feb 28th recieved a credit to my credit card less $71.53 they say is restocking & original shipping. So much for a 100% guarantee

nancyp17
2/22/13

I ordered one of their performance chips for each of our 3 cars. They called and said if we wanted to get better gas mileage for our vehicles we had to order another chip for each which made it cost twice as much to get the mileage stated on the website. I asked them to cancel my order because of false advertising. They told me they had already shipped them. When I returned them they charged me $25 each for restocking a restocking fee plus $7.50 shipping fee for each. I was charged $75 in restocking fees!!!! They are VERY VERY dishonest!!!!

arasha
11/7/11

I installed their performance chip on my wrangler and it seemed to really help with throttle responce. I didnt' have a good way to measure fuel efficiency so I cant't help there...

eleanorm
3/23/11

I orderd a Stage one performance chip from this company on Feb.21/2011. At that time I asked at least three times if it was "Free Shipping" and was told "YES" .. so I ordered it. When I received my Visa statement I noticed a $10 shipping fee. I phoned the company and spoke to one of the most ignorant people I have ever encountered. He told me that anything shipped out of the U.S. was charged for shipping. I have been waiting for over a month but still no delivery. I phoned back to find out why and they told me it was probably tied up in customs. I later received an email fom them informing me that if I did not receive it by March 21st., they would reship the item. I still haven't received it (Mar.23rd/2011) and they will not answer my emails. This is a SCAM !!!!!!! I am now working with my bank to do a "chargeback" to the company. The bank (RBC-VISA) tell me that this won't be a problem. I'll just have to wait until they get my $$$ back from this scammer. Be aware .. this company is a ripoff, the only reason they are still alive is because it is illegal to shoot them. I'll chase them for a refund until I'm dead. You can fool some people some of the time ...... but these cucksuckers aren't doing me, that's a promise. BE SMART ... AVOID THESE IGNORANT SCAMMERS !!!

maureenn1
2/21/11

Their return policy is very bad and they charge a huge restocking fee. When they claim it helps on gas mileage, it's not true. Beware - You should not clip the signal wire of your oxygen sensor, which they're suggesting you clip, They're twisted and you can do damage. That's what a Chevy guy told me and I'm glad I listened to him. We did not cut the wire. Don't buy their products. All the way around, they're bad, bad, bad.

kams
10/4/10

I bought a power control device from them. They said it would increase my horsepower. They suggested I buy and O2 censor mod and a surge protector along with the device. The deviced didn't fit my car---NO REFUNDS. The O2 censor set off the engine light-NO rep would talk to me or refund my money. The surge protector was worthless--No customer service to refund my money. This place should be legally penalized and all monies should be returned to those who can prove that they did business with them. I am glad you have this site so that people can know what this company is about.

nicka4
8/3/10

Site sells absolutly horrible products, they don't work, and their return policy sucks. They have horrible customer service in the fact that I have tried constantly to return my product to find out you have to call or go to a seperate section on the page to discover I had my product for 15 days and it was out of the return policy. I would tell you never to buy from them. Horrible business.

alkom
5/24/10

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE YOU BUY. Listen people do not get their chip i'm a computer engineer at Micron a know a few things about electronics the guy below me is right they spend 2 bucks and sell it for $70 then they add a nother 10 bucks for shipping, when you recive your item it says $1.20 for shipping on the envelop then when you try sending it back they doent refund the $10 dollar shipping charge they also charge you %25 for restocking ones you add every thing together they just made $26 from you plus the return of their product my friend tryed their product even though i told hem not to it didnt work for him PLEASE LADIES AND GENTELMAN IF YOU WANT TO BUY IT GET READY TO BE RIPPED OF.

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the PerformanceChipsDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
9/5/15
Answer
jamesd252
A: I spoke to Same Guy If U have a little Box with a power Knob on it and 2 02 Surge Chips then its stage 3 and DONT listen these peoples crap they putting them on bs not 350s I have a 98 Silverado on 40s with 22 rim and I can smoke them no problem now just make sure arrow facing the ECU or motor not the 02 sensor and good ground set power to Max and floor it... Let me know u think...
2 weeks ago