US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

annetteg22
8/1/16

I've tried advertising with Oodle and it's ridiculous. Within a day my ad was flagged and ZERO response from messages to Oodle. Everyone, go elsewhere and stop using Oodle, maybe they will wake up and fix this issue. Hoobly.com is a good site and it's free. I wish they had such a thing as negative stars cause Oodle doesn't deserve any as far as I'm concerned!

Tip for consumers: I suggest finding other sites and kick Oodle to the curb.

laurap99
7/22/16

Yes, there are legitimate sellers on Oodle. I'm one. The only way I've found to repost my ad is to go back and edit it/replace photos. If I rewrite a new ad...even at the end of the previous ad's 30 days, they flag it, I guess as "substantially similar" to the first ad. I understand that they don't want to be spammed by massive submissions, over & over, with the same ad. But really... one a month? If that's their policy, they should state it explicitly. And FORGET getting them to respond to a request to remove a flag. As to the folks getting scammed on pets, for gosh sakes follow the warning Oodle posts: do NOT send money for an animal sight-unseen. Find a nearby seller and go visit! I wouldn't sell an animal to someone I haven't met, and you certainly shouldn't buy one that way.

sofiam13
7/9/16

YOU NEVER BUY AN ANIMAL ON THESE SITES. YOU GO TO THE SHELTERS AND SAVE A LIFE OR RESCUES. ALL THESE SITES SHOULD NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO PUT ADS IT SHOULD BE BANNED. ALL OUR ANIMALS AND PETS NEED TO BE PROTECTED FROM MURDERERS. THEY ARE RIGHT NOT TO ALLOW AND SHOULD BE BANNED.

emilyb92
7/3/16

My add was immediately flagged. When I tried to contact the website's support system, I was not replied to. They "no longer provide telephone support," and I wonder if that is because of the clear problems that they have. I was completely dissatisfied.

katiea24
5/26/16

I post ads and scammers report them, oodle just remove my listings without wasting time. Why can't you change and use another way to do this. You can put it this way "anyone who reports listings must be a member at least for a year or has an active listing

chrissd
5/16/16

Regarding Pet ads: Oodle automatically pulls legitimate pet ads from their site and allows some real weirdos to post. Fact is, that if Oodle did not pull the legitimate ads, these pets would be given the opportunity to find the very best home available.

Many people want to find a pet to be a family member. Oodle used to be a very good place to find a pet. It used be a great service for animals; a real asset in helping them to find excellent homes, whether a kitten, puppy or older animal. Then with Oodle's policy changes a few years ago, they have ultimately done a disservice to both pets and animal lovers. Fact is that if people can find a pet advertised in their area, that pet has an opportunity to become a family member of the best home possible.

I don't think it's up to these ad services to imagine that banning ads is protecting us. No matter what, anyone buying a pet needs to see the animal in person before any cash changes hands. It is important that people take care and not get pulled in by pet scammers. I would not pay money for a pet until I had seen the pet, then I call their veterinarian to confirm the vet exam results. And I would only remit the funds when I pick up my pet.

I wanted a puppy a few months ago, and I saw the puppy before paying. I visited where it had been raised; the seller took the puppy to the veterinarian where I was able to pay for an independent exam; the puppy was healthy. Only then, did I paid the seller in full and take possession of the puppy. The puppy is awesome: smart, healthy, great personality, super trainable, and beautiful. I don't have a lot of money, and it was worth the extra expense for all this. I should also tell you that according to the seller, Oodle blocked her ads.

Tip for consumers: Be careful: only respond to ads that are written with concern for and a good description of the pet. Then go and VISIT the pet before you send any money. And if the pet is not the right one, wait until the right one comes along. And encourage Oodle to actually help you in this goal by not banning sellers.

anthonyc120
4/27/16

This site is a scam, we relied on Oodle for years and suddenly they remove every ad we post about a plumbing services that exists in this city for 76 years. Oodle flags them every time and they are removed. I just want to know why Oodle is doing this, is discrimination or something like that? My phone always is removed from the ads, is stupid, how the costumer go to contact my company?
Miami Broward Plumbing Services Co.
Anthony Caxact
Owner

jessicas168
4/19/16

My husband had pay for a pug puppies that was in Texas and told him that we will be getting our puppies in 7-8 hours and we didn't get anything the next they call and say that I need to pay for insurance so I payed then later in the day call again saying need to get a rental cage and was waiting the next day I get another call that I need to pay because he was held in Quantico Idaho and it's was only three hours way from where I live tired to tell I'll go and pick him up said no and the next i get an email saying there was an accident and the 6 pets had die which one of them was my dog and told the was going to get back my money and got an email saying that I needed to pay so they can do the paper work and my husband didn't pay and found someone that is going to help so people can know what other people are doing and it can be stopped.
This is the phone number of the seller 872-210-0793 name Tony Watt
This is the phone number of the agency 430-558-4676 name Eric NGWA
So be careful with these people.

kristink21
4/16/16

Wow. There must be a ton of people working the puppy angle on Oodle. huge tip! Do not buy a puppy that you can not go pick up yourself! The area codes of the contacts are not even in California let alone LA where they said the puppy was. If they ask you to text them to get info and then say you have to have the puppy shipped to you; IT IS A TOTAL SCAM!

chellas
4/15/16

i don't usually write reviews but i need people to beware of this. I've been looking for a maltese female and i came across 2 people who seem very nice. one was giving me her for free but just paying for shipping of $300.. which i thought was weird. maltese are really expensive dogs.. she said she had cervical cancer and she wanted someone to take care of her. she harassed me about making a payment . Same thing with another person. They don't give contacts on dogs and they want you to pay up front. long story short don't but ANYTHING from them at all. I'm pretty sure its scam because of these other reviews . A shame, they need to shut this b.s website down immediately!

kathieg2
4/10/16

why are there so many puppy ads with the same number to text for info and different contact names and different states I called one that I was interested in and when I said that we would drive down to pick up never heard anything from them again ..they gave me a sad story of daughter dying and no one to take care of puppies so they wanted to transport when I refused they stopped contacting me They are scammers beware of the #(204)245-7716v

polands
4/5/16

THE NUMBER 520 775 1859 DO NOT TRUST ! THESE IDIOTS SCAMMED ME FOR MY MONEY!
I LOST $800 !! THE GUY THREATENED ME ABOUT THE LAW IF I DIDN'T PAY UP ! HE CONSTANTLY HARASSED ME BY TEXTING ME NONSTOP TO THE POINT I HAD TO GO TO MY LOCAL POLICE AND FILE A REPORT!!!! I TOLD HIM I WENT TO THE POLICE HE SAID OHH THEY ARE LYING DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! I SAID YOU'RE UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR SCAMMING ME! HE STILL CONTINUED TO TEXT ME THAT I HAD TO BLOCK HIS NUMBER FROM MY CELL PHONE! DO NOT FALL FOR U PET MOVERS, VIP AGENT, and CITE CERTIFICATION! The guy went by the name Dann HAYTT (false name by the way) he used someone elses name! THEY NEED TO SHUT THIS SITE DOWNNNNNN TO THE GROUND!

louisl31
4/3/16

Stay AWAY I JUST GOT SCAMMED! I LOST ABOUT 800 DOLLARS! 520 775 1859 is the number aand 704 748 0921FOR THE SCAMMERS please don't listen to them or give your money away! I am highly upset about this! This should shut DOWN AND NOT TO BE TRUSTED..... FLYING THE PUP OUT THEY USE THE NAME U PET MOVERS WHICH ISN'T REAL! Make sure you go to a legit site!

roberts404
3/27/16

You can read all of the other reviews, but save yourself and stay away.

staceyh32
3/27/16

I am a hard working teacher and my family and I have raised lab puppies for years as a hobby. We relied on Oodle for years and suddenly they remove every ad we post. I have read the rules and regulations over and over and I see no violations - we attempt to run the same kind of ads that used to be ok. Oodle flags them every time and they are removed. I have disputed every one and they never respond with any kind of explanation on what I can do to id and correct a violations. After research, I see that this have become very common practice with Oodle and has left many people frustrated. People who have good puppies to sell are being treated unfairly and consumers are being denied information about pets that could be a great match for them. I just want to know why Oodle is doing this. It feels like discrimination or something. They have wasted too much of my time and they got me at a bad time. They don't even tell you when they flag you!

jeanb58
3/22/16

I inquired about several ads on this site everyone that contacted me back. Contacted me back by email or text only they all had the same story. They are only interested in getting all info on me but when I ask question about the puppies or the so call seller They couldn't give me nothing not even their phone numbers ,not even a legit name or a video of the puppies this site is total bull please do not be fooled into sending these $#*!s any money unless you meet them face to face it's a total scam

deborahl41
3/21/16

Why do you permit so many scams on your site! It makes your site useless. Shame on you!

angyf
3/20/16

We SAw on oodle an anouncement about beautiful macaw,( Adèle Adeline ) we texted them, they were supposed to be to New York ,close to our house,, and the person said i live to Minneapolis , but i can send you the parrot ... Well another phone texted me during the afternoon, this time from California .. He said my wife cell 's died, no battery (Minneapolis ) i used mine ( California ) .. Send me all your information, adress , phone , mail adress , closest airport, and you will have to pay directly the shipping agency..

Me:When do you want to ship the macaw? He will arrive this afternoon in about 4 hours from now...( woooowwhhhhhhhhaaaat????)
Me: we need time to organise ourself , we can not have the bird today..
You need Nothing, he will be delivered right at your door with the big crate , food and all the papers for only 500 plus 200 shipping...( yeepeee santa claus)
Sttttttooooooooooooppppp!!!!
Please when you try to $#*! people , be more smart than this ....
Ps.. Sorry if mistakes i come from france

timr61
3/20/16

Do not trust anyone on this website!
My wife and I recently went to get a puppy and found a local seller at a reasonable price. the seller was very convincing asking about our local vets, if we have owned this breed before, even showed us a picture of his/her "family" and explained how "Christian" they are. The seller then told us they are on vacation right now in Texas and would have to ship the puppy to us. (Red flag) half way through the puppies name changed from max to jack (red flag) and turns out he/she wasn't on vacation but just bought a home in Texas.
My wife text her from a different phone and asked if the puppies were available only to be sent completely different pictures and was told they are in Maryland right now on vacation.
Don't trust any of these ads no matter how convincing they seem. Especially not one with this number (650) 260-4759.

bryantg8
3/19/16

This site is a scam. Please never buy a dog from here no matter what the people say. They may seem really nice but they're just being FAKE. They lie and make up stuff, so please just never fall for it.

jimb201
3/18/16

I feel sorry for every one of you who have been scammed and the fact oodle is doing nothing to help.

Someone close to me was recently scammed for a puppy the same way. Unfortunately for the crooks, they've messed with a computer hacker whom can find out about anyone anywhere so this will be fun exploiting and hurting their scams. They will not be taken lightly and most of the individuals are located in other countries.

oliverj16
3/16/16

I found a French bulldog listed 10+ times. Same picture and number but different names and locations. Before I discovered this I had texted the person bc it said they were in my location when they tell me they are in Maryland. Many states away from me. Please do research and don't do shipping. See the puppy in person.

amberm63
3/14/16

Every time I would inquire about a dog, it would turn into a scam relationship. This should be removed from the internet and make people more aware of how this works! How terrible and disapointing.

sarahs235
3/14/16

So our dog passed away a year ago and were finally ready to get a new one.. I never seen a Cavalier King Charles puppy for only $400 so I was super excited when I stumbled upon the ad ... I message the person and found out that they actually did not live in my area but Salt Lake City Utah . They sent me a sob story about the mother dying And they couldn't care for her pets anymore blah blah blah .. I was thinking " oh how terrible" .. Well much to my surprise I received the same exact email Word for Word about the bengle kitty I was also interested in .. And when I asked them about it they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about ... I should've known that it was too good to be true I'm just mad that I wasted my time ... Do Not order from this site. ( unless the people are local and you can check it out in person first ) thank goodness I didn't send them any money LOL . I wish I could post screenshots along with this review .

paytons2
3/4/16

THEY TOOK ADVANTAGE OF ME RECENTLY UPON LOSING MY DOG AND HAD ME PAY $400 FOR SHIPPING. THEN THEY REQUEST THAT I PAY $950 EXTRA FOR INSURANCE! THIS IS A SCAM!!! THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU YOUR DOG!!!! DO NOT GIVE THEM A SINGLE CENT!!!!!!

20 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Oodle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question