US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

sandys106
1/20/17

May have to search other options as I see this one seems to be geared more for the cheating husband or wife :(

kerrym60
1/5/17

The location is not more accurate. That is the first thing.

cindyf40
1/1/17

Constantly having problems with this app. The location will sometimes say it's off when it isnt & fails to do its job!!

calim7
1/1/17

I wouldn't use this app, the location is inaccurate and glitches and turns off. Not reliable.

casens
1/1/17

I had used this app for my daughter since she's been hanging out with a lot of friends recently. She hasn't gone anywhere she's not suppose to be, but it seems that someone had hacked and was following my daughter around late at night in the parking lot. It started becoming a reoccurring problem and we didn't know what was happening, so we tried different things like deleting this app, that's when the problem stopped. I do not recommend this app to anyone if you care for your child's safety.

patriciaf58
12/28/16

This app is so inaccurate. It showed me traveling in the middle of the night from 2 am til morning in different locations while I was home sleeping!

markym1
12/27/16

This app is not worth a sack of monkey crap. Locates (manually only) sometimes and is often miles away from where the person actually is.

vincentb60
12/20/16

This is the beginning of the end. Now you can keep track of your spouse, your significant other, and spend your entire day looking at their location every 15 seconds. For your kids? If they're under 15, maybe a good idea. Otherwise, just another way to ensure massive resentment in a relationship.

DO IT. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

karlw26
12/19/16

Even after I deleted the app I keep getting error messages from Life 360 whenever I lose GPS location. Makes me wonder who is getting my tracking data.

amandaj77
12/14/16

This app has some major glitches. Like wrong/inaccurate locations. The difference between an approximate location and a bang on location would be a hotel next to a McDonalds. And your bf was at McDonalds but it locates him at the hotel next to the McDonalds. Way too close for comfort. It causes major trust problems between couples because the app is wrong OR the deceiving party says the app is wrong and uses it to continue their lies. So, just not good all around. Last night I got into a huge fight with my bf because he was at dinner with colleagues and it showed him at an apartment building across the street for 2 hours! Then close to end of the 2 hours it changed the location to a gas station! I don't get it! Careful.... it will cause major problems.

dustym10
12/2/16

This app is so cool, I am sitting at work and my phone dings when my son arrives at home. I can also make sure he is at school or at a night time football game. All this and it's FREEEEE!

deepaks27
11/15/16

This app can be very accurate but most of time time it's not. The problem is mainly the timing.Whatever location it shows, most probably the person was really there....at some point . So the problem is that even if you just spent there 2 minutes it will appear as you were there for 2 hours.It can cause massive arguments.
I would not recommend to use it for couples with trust issues.
Just trust. If someone wants to cheat... he/she will. It's not your problem :)

kellyn30
11/14/16

I woke up to alerts that my boyfriend got up in the middle of the night and drove to a neighborhood, spent 20 minutes in someone's driveway then another 1hr19 minutes in the woods near their house. I was angry that my bf would do that while I thought he was sleeping next to me. When I confronted him and went to show him, the app said that I, at that moment, was at the shady location in their driveway. I didn't have my wifi turned on. We believe it shows a cell tower location when wifi is not turned on.

teds42
11/5/16

For the most part, it's ok. But once in a while it will show a totally wrong location. But if you pull up the bread crumb trail , I will not include the previous wrong location. But this can mess up a relationship.

juliew101
10/25/16

Got this app because I thought it would be good for safety. Then I found myself checking up on my bf of 2 years. Turns out it was showing him up in places in he claimed he was never in. Also, showed him he was turning his phone on and off. We have had numerous heated discussions regarding this and now I have a hard time trusting him. I love him and want to trust him!!!! Guess this app is not a good one for us. Don't use this app because it gives unreliable information. Trying to get my $60 refunded. Julie

hemantv
10/21/16

App sucks. It showed that I left my home at 1.09 am and returned at 1.18 am. Again showed that I left at 3.19 am and returned 3.36 am

katiew57
10/18/16

I don't believe the app is entirely incorrect. I think people use it as an excuse. My husband and I have had the app for almost a year. It shows him in the direct route of work but always stopping for 7 to 15 minutes suposeably stuck in traffic. Then I hear traffic is bad, there was an accident, the train etc...
It's very sad that a tramp cannot find her own man and has to be such a home wrecker and that two people have to lie and comit infidelity constantly. Granted I don't blame her totally. I blame my husband. I've been nothing but good to him and have made his dreams come true. I just wish they would stop the games and he needs to pick and choose now. I have wasted so much time and money on him. When ever I question him about why he us stopped he turns the tables and starts blaming me and my jealousy. Then he says you know this isn't accurate. Now this last week he left the house and it showed 10 minutes of a jump before it tracked him. I believe he had his phone turned off. The phone never jumps as soon as you leave the house. Then it showed him being stuck by a park for 20 minutes which is on the way to work off the road. What a SNAKE. Now I find out that he is probably messaging and talking to her on Jabber I am still not sure what Jabber is. Is it like IM Messenger? I am so sick to my stomach over this. We just got back from a lovely trip and to do this!!!

kareng122
10/15/16

Keeps saying my bf and I are places we are NOT! Says I'm leaving work at different times of the day, and putting me in a neighborhood right across from my job...WHICH is where my boss lives, so yeah....NOT GOOD! This app and a jealous bf dont mix...even if your not a jealous person, it lays the seed of doubt! Beware!!

vl375
9/30/16

Old version worked well, but new one. It sucks big time. My daughter left 7:50 AM for school, 4 hours later, it told me my daughter left home 11:33AM. It did not tell me what time my daughter had reached school. When I tried to locate my daughter, update icon kept circling, and my cell started heating up, 3 or 4 minutes, it told me cannot locate my daughter, my cell was so hot, and battery was drained to nothing. I had no choice to power off my cell, and let it cool down. I emailed support, no reply back.

joshuaj30
9/21/16

I got this app to prove to my girlfriend I'm not doing anything behind her back. One day the location just didn't work for an hour and u fortunately I had fallen asleep on my couch after work and the app could not find my location. Another time while at work the app said I left for 12 minutes and returned to work when I was at work the whole time. Not only that but the map showed me going through a wall out of the back of my job to the middle of nowhere and back. I don't mind my gf following my location. If that is what it takes to get the trust I gladly do it because I love my gf. But this app is causing more problems. I have not even been using it for a month and it's caused two fights. If it wasn't for the innaccuracies it would be a good app. But it's causing major fights and now my gf thinks I'm doing $#*! behind her back. This app may have just ended my relationship

jennah23
9/18/16

The company took of life360 on windows phone that is not cool. They should keep it now I don't know where my kids are because they always walk home from school. It's not right, plus I only have this as my tracker no other company tracker is on windows phone. Know I wouldn't feel comfortable for my kids to walk home. What is wrong with family life360? Is this seriously a joke??

Tip for consumers: Really bad sometimes you can't even track any of your family member that you have.

karril
9/16/16

While at work the app sent my boyfriend an alert that I'd left work. He tried to call and I couldn't answer so he now thinks I'm cheating. I never even left the building. Can't call customer service so I sent a msg and just have to wait.

bobz18
9/13/16

Called customer service since I cannot now turn off the crime dots. They could not help me, I wrote a bad review now the program will not even track one of my family members. It is full of bugs. Although when and if it works its great!

donc78
8/24/16

Thank goodness I was laying in bed beside my wife at 4am when she noticed my GPS signature galavanting around the city. This could have gone wrong in so many ways.

tracis11
8/19/16

On many occasions this app has told me my family members are nowhere near where they are or have been anywhere near where it says they are.
1. when my kids went on vacation with my sister to WI to visit my parents, it told me my daughter was 2 miles away from my moms house at 6 in the morning. I called panicking thinking my kid had been kidnapped. Only to wake up the entire house, including my daughter who was sound asleep IN MY MOMS HOUSE!!!
2. It told me that my son (yesterday) was at school for a few hours and then within 5 minutes had moved to a location about 3 miles away. He doesn't drive and was at school all day.
3 it is telling me my son (same one) is 5 miles away and when I texted him, he sent me a text with his teacher and a sign. Written on it was, "elijah is at school right now" with a clock in the background.

This app is pointless and I don't know why i still have it.

43 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Life360 staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
curiousc
curious c.
3 weeks, 4 days ago
Answer
sandys106
Sandy S.
A: Has been helpful for the most part...... but a little frightening in some others.... mostly accurate but not always!! and now I feel there is a site online that they can go to ...to figure out how to outsmart the device we have...
4 days, 7 hours ago