Review of Life360

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

yogis1
3/16/17

We used the app for a while and found it helpful. However, I requested them to cancel my premium service over 10 months ago but they keep billing me every month. They have taken a happy customer and over $4.99 a month have turned us into someone that is going to be negative about them forever. Is $4.99 a month worth it Life360??

Tip for consumers: Make sure you know how to cancel the premium service. A simple please cancel does not seem to do the job.

jeanr38
3/15/17

in spite of trying to cancel the premium edition within the 7 days that was posted on the installation page of google play store, i gor home from vacation and found the charge already posted on visa. Was told when i called that I only had 48 hours to get money return. Finally had to have visa card dispute the charge. awaiting final action.

bruceb119
3/8/17

I have been on Life360 Premium for several years and I like it very much until I need to make a change. I have sent 3 emails (the only support I can find) over 3 days and have not received any kind of answer. Not sure there are any real people there.

wb25
2/25/17

I've only started using this app. It tracked find for the first hour and now it says it can't locate my kid. Thankfully I am texting with them, but I had hoped it would do a better job.

trinityr2
2/24/17

im 15 and this morning i woke up and couldn't find my phone, i called my mom from our house phone and asked if she took it. she did and said wed talk when i got home. when she got home she said i left the house last night. which i did not. it told her i went up the road. im now trying to convince her to give me my phone. if i was to sneak out id just delete the app

chantalf4
2/20/17

The accuracy of this app is horrible. It either tells me a family member cannot be located or places the person at the wrong place ( four hours at the bus stop?!??!!!!). Pity... I was really hoping it would work.

samanthat29
2/17/17

I use this on my iPhone all the time. My husband travels weekly (long flights + long drives) so I use it to see when he's on the road vs in a meeting vs at a hotel so I don't call at a bad time. When we're both home I don't really check it - it will let me know when he's on his way home from the office and that's enough for me. Overall just great for coordinating and being able to tell if people are safe without bugging them. Once my kids have cell phones I will definitely ask that they keep this running. I don't like the idea of not being able to get in touch with someone, or found myself, if there's an emergency.

I haven't had any experiences with really random locations being reported but I don't like look back at my husband's day. I don't have time for that.

robertc312
2/14/17

Parents, if you are considering Life360 to track your teenager - think again. All your child has to do is turn off the cell data for Life360 (only) at point A and then turn it back on again when they get to an 'approved' location, point B. Life360 gives no indication that cellular GPS tracking has been turned off and moreover depicts on the map that the child has moved only from Point A to Point B when in fact the child could have been anywhere. It gives parents a very false sense of security.
With 3 teenagers I've been using Life360 for several years - blissfully ignorant of its shortcomings. I just cancelled my subscription

jonahg8
2/13/17

I drove to work this morning just before 5:00am, and on my way I set my cruise control at 40mph in a 35. The app sent a notification to my accountability partner that I was going 10 over. Now we're in a huge argument about speeding, whether or not being right is what matters, and whether or not the app is accurate with speed. Has anyone else noticed a problem with their speed tracking?

anneh89
2/6/17

Our family installed this app on each of our phones. It was supposed to be a fun family thing, plus a bit of a trust builder. For the most part it works great on our teens phones. We dont really monitor it much for the kids, but for the times we have, its been accurate within a few miles. However on my husbands phone, its been a nightmare. The app has shown him at strange locations, odd houses for hours, shown full trips with many timestamps, all while he should be at work. Im not sure if this makes a difference but myself and our kids have iPhones, my husband has an Android. Also theres many power grids where he works. After many upset hours, conversations, texts, and proof youre one place when the app says your at another, weve concluded IT cant be trusted. Tread lightly and be wary with this one this app is WAY MORE damaging than useful.

laterriusp
2/6/17

This app is a rip off it doesnt let you cancel your subscription at all false instructions been trying to cancel all week long.... This app is a waste of time and money they will rob you blind...

noellad
2/3/17

This app malfunctioned yesterday and I almost had the police involved. I dropped my daughter to school at 7:15am. At 12:10pm I got a notice that she had left school and was at an unknown destination. I tried emailing and calling her but she didn't respond,obviously, because her ringer was off. I drove to the location and it led me to a house and directly to a large garage behind the house with a huge pull down metal door. She finally texted back and said she was in class. BUT THE APP WAS SHOWING ME SHE WAS IN THIS GARAGE! Luckily my 21 yr old son was home. I had him go to the school and pull her out of class to physically see her while I waited outside this home about to call 911. SHE WAS AT SCHOOL AND SECURITY THERE SAID THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME! This was one of the most stressful and worst experiences of my life. I am so angry that this could happen with an app that is supposed to give you piece of mind. DO NOT USE THIS APP AND DO NOT GO THROUGH WHAT I JUST DID.

cathyc80
1/31/17

I liked this app and it worked great for awhile but all of a sudden it started putting me in Austin Texas over and over when I live in Eastern PA. WTH? I tried deleting the app, deleting my account and signing in with a new password and email. Nothing stopped it from continuing to bounce between Texas and PA. The jumps seemed to only happen when I was inside. When I went out and it started depending on GPS and cellular data, it stopped. WIFI seemed to be the issue then I guess.

jeffreyh65
1/24/17

This app is for helping you make sure your family is safe. And it does a great job of that. I love the new drive tracking features too, as Inhave two boys both in some stage of getting their license.
Btw, GPS doesn't work indoors, which is why it can be a little inaccurate at times.
If you have dating issues, insecurity issues, trust issues, please stop telling people this app is bad... you're using the app for the wrong goals.

sandys106
1/20/17

May have to search other options as I see this one seems to be geared more for the cheating husband or wife :(

kerrym60
1/5/17

The location is not more accurate. That is the first thing.

cindyf40
1/1/17

Constantly having problems with this app. The location will sometimes say it's off when it isnt & fails to do its job!!

calim7
1/1/17

I wouldn't use this app, the location is inaccurate and glitches and turns off. Not reliable.

casens
1/1/17

I had used this app for my daughter since she's been hanging out with a lot of friends recently. She hasn't gone anywhere she's not suppose to be, but it seems that someone had hacked and was following my daughter around late at night in the parking lot. It started becoming a reoccurring problem and we didn't know what was happening, so we tried different things like deleting this app, that's when the problem stopped. I do not recommend this app to anyone if you care for your child's safety.

patriciaf58
12/28/16

This app is so inaccurate. It showed me traveling in the middle of the night from 2 am til morning in different locations while I was home sleeping!

markym1
12/27/16

This app is not worth a sack of monkey crap. Locates (manually only) sometimes and is often miles away from where the person actually is.

vincentb60
12/20/16

This is the beginning of the end. Now you can keep track of your spouse, your significant other, and spend your entire day looking at their location every 15 seconds. For your kids? If they're under 15, maybe a good idea. Otherwise, just another way to ensure massive resentment in a relationship.

DO IT. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

karlw26
12/19/16

Even after I deleted the app I keep getting error messages from Life 360 whenever I lose GPS location. Makes me wonder who is getting my tracking data.

amandaj77
12/14/16

This app has some major glitches. Like wrong/inaccurate locations. The difference between an approximate location and a bang on location would be a hotel next to a McDonalds. And your bf was at McDonalds but it locates him at the hotel next to the McDonalds. Way too close for comfort. It causes major trust problems between couples because the app is wrong OR the deceiving party says the app is wrong and uses it to continue their lies. So, just not good all around. Last night I got into a huge fight with my bf because he was at dinner with colleagues and it showed him at an apartment building across the street for 2 hours! Then close to end of the 2 hours it changed the location to a gas station! I don't get it! Careful.... it will cause major problems.

dustym10
12/2/16

This app is so cool, I am sitting at work and my phone dings when my son arrives at home. I can also make sure he is at school or at a night time football game. All this and it's FREEEEE!

54 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Life360 staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question