Review of LandCentral

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kimp84
8/12/16

What a scam boyfriend put a down payment on a so called property we went and viewed the dump in Pasco County. Which is full of garbage and poison ivy my boyfriend tried contacting landcentral.com to get his money back since Pasco says the property is not cleared. They will not return his money or phone calls. They need to view the crap before they sucker another person

karlb31
6/28/16

I have started purchase with them 3 different times...
Twice I found out, the property just wouldn't fit my needs, and I let them go back....
They say the 3rd time is the charm, and for me, it was...
I wanted a place to put a "Tiny House" and zoning for these are harsh,
you might as well build big..lol
Yet, through LC I found an acre in a resort type setting. It's my taxable lot, I can have a Tiny House" and small out buildings.
I also got "most cool access" to a ready made resort with pool, hot tub, campground, lodge, ect.... Perfect..
I will finally pay this off in a few months...
It took me a decade to find my "dream place"
and Land Central's way of doing business helped me make it happen!
I will retire in style,

billybobl
6/18/16

Back in 2010, I was working at Godaddy.com in customer service. I took a phone call from a customer who said he was a friend of the owner of LandCentral.com. We had some time while fixing website issues. He told me that that his friend makes more than $100k/month from running landcentral.com. Basically the way it works is the owner (either he or his employees) of Landcentral.com goes to county deed auction where a parcel of land is sold for $50-$200 or even less. Landcentral puts up the land for sale at 10-20 times the cost, but it is in effect a LAY-AWAY deal where customer makes monthly payments until paid in full and the deed is finally transferred. The kicker is that more than 70% of land goes back to Landcentral.com when the customer stops making payment and Landcental.com keeps their payment made thus far and resells the same inventory. That is the real secret sauce of the recipe. The owner makes bucket load of money bc majority of time, same piece of land is being sold again and again, eventually when customer stops making payment (and later I found out there are valid reasons for this) and money keeps flowing in, while the many customers lose out, minus some customers who say they got a good piece of land. As to why customer stops making payment? The land being sold are junk plenty of times. I was curious and thought maybe I can buy some of these land for my retirement portfolio, so I went to Cochise County tax deed auction, the same auction that Landcental goes to buy their land. I bought some-24 parcels for $2100. I spoke to the planning and zoning official and it turns out most of the land is junk-not build-able. Many are landlocked, or too small to meet the requirement for county building construction code, not flat enough to build, or way out there with no support from county electricity, water or sewage. I ask the same official why the county even bothers selling these defective parcels. He smiled back and said nothing. Some counties are running a scam, as they make money again and again on these tax deed auctions, when land comes back to them as buyer stops making tax payment on defective parcels. Landcentral is running a similar game as they profit from the same parcel over and over when buyer finds out their land is deficient. Now going back to the conversation with the friend of the owner. He said he was the "best friend" of the owner of Landcental. So, there it is folks - that is the inside scoop from the horse's mouth. Now some parcels sold by LC are must be good since there are customers giving positive reviews, but plenty are not. How would you know? I suggest you check with LC bf buying whether they visited the land themselves. I kid you not, LC and many like minded businesses likely never performed site inspections or much research, and have little idea about the true condition of the land. Maybe some parcels are legit but don't count on it. Some of the land parcels on the website have legit looking photos, but due diligence calls for asking in writing whether those are the real photos of the land, as they often put up generic photos from elsewhere - you can read about this from other customers. Why not make sure and get a piece of mind by asking LC to provide in writing, at least in email form that they conducted a site inspection and guaranteeing the condition. Have you heard the saying - when something sounds too good to be true, it is because it is TOO good to be true. In my opinion based on research and the talk with the "Best Friend", Landcentral sells DREAM, not bona fide land parcels, much of the time. They should change their name to DreamCentral from landcentral. //// FYI, Owner of LC says in response "I have never purchased a single property at the Cochise County tax auction." Wow, really??? then why are there properties for sale on LC's website that lists properties in Cochise County as of 2/27/2017, and according to archive.org (organization that takes snapshot of websites over the years) , LC's website sold parcels from Cochise County, as evidenced by: http://web.archive.org/web/20090627032438/http://www.landcentral.com/land-for-sale/arizona/cochise The bottom line is LC promises the moon to the would be sucker buyers but their own terms of conditions ( http://www.landcentral.com/terms-conditions ) clearly states that "Seller DOES NOT guarantee the suitability of property for any specific purpose and DOES NOT guarantee zoning" and further states "Buyer(s) acknowledges having inspected the property and investigated its suitability for any given purpose prior to purchasing, including availability of access and utilities or LACK THEREOF, and hereby accepts the property AS-IS." So the seller is NOT guaranteeing, and the Buyer is assuming the risk. They are guaranteeing virtually nothing when it comes to legalese and actual terms customer is asked to accept when buying. What is laughable is that LC's website used to have a "foreclosure" section on their website for years, as you can check on Archive.org It was a con game, as it denotes that the parcels are such great deal as they are foreclosure properties. The parcels were lay-away deals to begin with, and when customers decided to stop making payments for obvious reasons, LC would "foreclose" on them and relist the parcel for another quick profit. How do you foreclose on properties that never transferred title? Everything goes buttery smooth until you visit the land, as my co worker at Godaddy Tedy Newhall found about after she purchased a parcel from LC. Of course the transaction is fast and smooth, when the seller buys land for a pennies on the dollar to resell to the dim witted suckers. If the buyer has no time to visit the land, at least they can google a local real estate office located in the same county as the parcel and ask for a realtor opinion;since the APN identifying the property is listed on the website, any potential buyer can ask what the resell value of the property is. But plenty of people will buy the dream, then have a rude awakening, and complain to LC, and of course LC will kindly lower the interest rate or what not since their cost of obtaining the land was so tiny. It only take an hour of research to make phone calls, but many people will simply buy the DREAM. There is a sucker born everyday, so I am SURE some of you will read this and STILL fall for the scam, as some of the same people voted for Hillary in 2016 will be talked into voting for Chelsea in coming years. Some of you will be surfing the web late at night with a bottle of beer in one hand and keyboard on the other, and fall for the scam after which you will tell wife/girlfriend what a genius you are for buying your DREAM land at a discount, whereas the only thing discounted is your IQ and your common sense. Go Chelsea for President 2020!!! Enjoy your "DREAM" land;-) Well, however there is a silver lining to the experience??? Landcentral sells dreams and hope and we all need dreams and hope. For about $2000, anyone of us can be a proud owner of piece of land from LC;hopefully it turns out to be a good one and not a junk, and with no back taxes. How do you survive the mundane existence of American middle class with dwindling income and endless unsatisfactory job? The answer may just be having hope in your heart;and having a picture in your mind of a beautiful piece of land where you can build a log cabin next a beautiful river can ease your mundane existence. I did what I can to warn you guys so that you will exercise some caution and do your homework before buying. If it works out and some of you pick up a great piece of land, more power to you. We all need some hope, and a "DREAM Land" from LC may just be your ticket. Besides it can be a great conversation piece;-) Good luck out there consumers! And Keep hope alive!!!

edn261
10/27/15

Not bad at all.

annetted13
10/27/15

LandCentral made it possible to invest in property that I had dreamed about for awhile. All of the transactions were handled quickly and professionally. I couldn't had a better experience in purchasing a great investment for the future. Thank you LandCentral!!

carriep17
10/24/15

I feel that I was Accepted and Approved and my decisions were good. LandCentral is a Top of the Line Business. So Speedy and Fast. I'M Elated. Thank you LandCentral.

hermilob
10/14/15

It was a good deal

robertg130
9/19/15

My wife and I are very pleased with our purchase! Thanks to Megan for her help in making this purchase with ease. Megan is gr8 and very pleasant in her job at going above and beyond to see to her customers needs!

stevenn15
9/19/15

When I ran across land central and saw what they were offering , I was skeptical , so I steered away for a while . But the thought of owning my own land was something that I always wanted to do and I didn't have the best of credit history , so on my 5th time looking at the website and the land for sale I decided to go for it and went for some California land!! At first I felt as if I made a mistake but quickly had revieved the needed paperwork in the mail, along with pictures, directions, and a history of the county and city and area of where my newly purchased land was! When ever I called with questions or concerns I was quickly answered with the utmost customer service and professionalism.just two weeks ago and 4 years later I have paid off my land and I am very happy and satisfied with land central , I want to extend my gratitude to land central and all who were involved with my purchase ,Thank you so very much for helping to make my desicion to purchase land one of the best choices I ever made , everything went smooth and easy ! You rock !!! I am currently searching your site for another land purchase ..

darlinen
9/17/15

Megan was very helpful with my seach for property.

trudyb4
8/28/15

Although I just today financed land from Land Central,my honest opinion is that they are legit. Angela is smart,intuitive,knowledgeable. She was courteous and nice to talk to. I am impressed with the other staff also. I didn't experience any pressure sales tactics which are a turn off.They answer your questions and don't blow you off. If you want a good deal and good people to finance through...these guys are it!!!

roryb25
8/19/15

Buying property from LandCentral has been very well served. They follow through with their paperwork and you DO RECEIVE your title with a grant deed at the end of the contract.

They have proven themselves to be a legitimate company and follow the rules!

johna400
8/19/15

Easy Fast

tym117
8/14/15

I will give a true comment once I have completed the process for the desired land purchase.

duhaneyj
8/12/15

One of the best service, I asa Vet as ever had made me feel special. That one of the reasons i purchase another property from this outstanding established ment.

markm192
8/10/15

Very Helpful service!

yand3
7/23/15

Everyone I have worked in email and talked in person are very nice and have good attitude to help. Especially for my recent purchase, Megan just like a angel! I am very happy with the speedy service and help I got from her. Thank you!

pennyb6
3/25/15

I have nothing but fabulous things to say. Not only was the purchase initially that quick and easy, but when I was injured in a car accident an lost income, they worked with me to make my payments, and a few days ago, I paid off my land. Also I purchased a second piece and was able to quick turn that into something else as I was not satisfied...They will work with you. It's land, and who doesn't want land??? I can only say if you are looking for land to invest or for personal reasons go to Land Central; get it from them first....I've seen a lot of companies that try to sell land and foreclosed homes as well as commercial land deals...Don't trust them. You can only trust one out there! My next land purchase is going to be????? You guessed it!!!!! Land Central of course. :) And your's should too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

russc11
1/12/15

me and my wife is thing about this land by 29 pamls i alway wanted to buy some good land i wos reading some of the comments and most of them wos good ones.....thanks

jeremyb6
8/4/14

Super fast, bought my land and 2 weeks later, my portfolio was sent over. Only thing I am scared about is I don't have a title yet after 2 months. I just contacted them, and are waiting to hear back.

UPDATE:
I had meant to update this a while back, but kept forgetting. I received my deed in April after my last payment in March. I followed up in April with the County and my name is in their records as well. All in all, an awesome experience.

tomt20
7/9/13

Purchased our 18 acres via contract for deed, which is how this outfit works. Price for the land was super cheap. Catch with this piece of property, NO legal ROW and NO road/access to property, which is why it was so cheap. Once you pay the land off, they have 30 day to get the deed transfered into your name, registered at the courthouse, and into you hands. Beware though, they have the option to sell the mineral rights any time before passing the deed along to you. IMHO, that's why the land can be cheap and why they make you wait 30 days before sending you the deed. For us, the cost of survey and acquiring legal ROW around 2500 on top of the 17K for 18 acres. This land is mostly flat on top of the mountain... so for us... We hit a home run with this deal. Like previous investers have said, Buyer beware! These folks purchase forclosures, tax deeds, etcc and get the land for pennies on the dollar, make their cut, and still leave some on the bone for you... but again, know what you're getting into. If you think that something should be EASY, think again, unless you're willing to pay top dollar, but that's a whole different story.

rc19
5/18/12

I have been looking at the site and have visited a few properties here in WA state for the last year, and have been very disappointed. The properties all have something wrong with them. They are essentially junk parcels. Either the land was undesirable (no power, water, sewer, in the middle of nowhere), or was in a decent area but the land was so steep, or declared a wetland. Be very careful and research the land on the county's auditor/assessor/treasurer's website. It will tell you if the land is residential, wetland, has access to utilities, how much it has been worth over the last decade, and even characteristics of the land (steep, sloped, cliff, etc). Buyer beware!!

georger9
3/27/12

I am so surprised when I read some of these reports. Not just because people don't seem to be doing there research, but because people don't seem to be doing there research! Wow, in these times of uncertainty people seem to not be thinking about looking out for the family members who will be left with these trash lots, and who is getting there money, and shame on the people takeing advantage of this fact. Theilr day will come, it just seems it dosen't come fast enought.

tonyt5
1/25/12

I bought a piece of land from them 6 years ago and was happy with there service. I got just what I paid for. I recently purchased another property from them and once again there service was quick and thorough. Buyer beware is all that I have to say. Always check out the property before you buy. There terms are simple and prices comparable. I love this company and will continue to use them .

oliviag
10/12/11

They sent me photos of the land that they are trying to sell, I made a downpayment on it. I personally checked the land, the photos that they sent me do not represent the piece of land they are selling. I went to the area's City Hall, spoke with the representative and I was told that its a swamp land. I cannot build anything on it, no sewage, no house because its a wet land. There was also an electrical tower imposed on the land. They didnt have this information on the internet. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!!.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LandCentral staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 6/7/11
Answer
pennyb6
Penny B.
A: Like all contracts, one should read the fine print. My deposit on one piece was moved to another piece of Land when I was not happy with what I was researching after I purchased...They are not in the habit of keeping funds, but they do have a policy you should be aware of. I have made 3 purchases all totaled. If you are wanting to invest in good clear and free titled solid land then Land Central is the place. Make sure you do county, and city research on the property before you sign the contract. ;)
on 3/30/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the LandCentral staff and other customers.

LandCentral?