US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kimp84
8/12/16

What a scam boyfriend put a down payment on a so called property we went and viewed the dump in Pasco County. Which is full of garbage and poison ivy my boyfriend tried contacting landcentral.com to get his money back since Pasco says the property is not cleared. They will not return his money or phone calls. They need to view the crap before they sucker another person

karlb31
6/28/16

I have started purchase with them 3 different times...
Twice I found out, the property just wouldn't fit my needs, and I let them go back....
They say the 3rd time is the charm, and for me, it was...
I wanted a place to put a "Tiny House" and zoning for these are harsh,
you might as well build big..lol
Yet, through LC I found an acre in a resort type setting. It's my taxable lot, I can have a Tiny House" and small out buildings.
I also got "most cool access" to a ready made resort with pool, hot tub, campground, lodge, ect.... Perfect..
I will finally pay this off in a few months...
It took me a decade to find my "dream place"
and Land Central's way of doing business helped me make it happen!
I will retire in style,

billybobl
6/18/16

Back in 2010, I was working at Godaddy.com in customer service. I took a phone call from a customer who said he was a friend of the owner of LandCentral.com. I was helping him trouble shoot his account and we became friendly while waiting for trouble shooting to be completed. He told me that that his friend makes more than $100k/month from running landcentral.com. Basically the way it works is the owner of Landcentral.com goes to county deed auction where a parcel of land is sold for $50-$200. Landcentral puts up the land for sale at 10-20 times the cost, but it is basically a lay a way deal where customer makes monthly payments until paid in full and the deed is transferred. The kicker is that more than 70% of land goes back to Landcentral.com when the customer stops making payment and Landcental.com keeps their payment made thus far and resells the same inventory. That is the real secret. The owner makes bucket load of money bc majority of time, same parcel of land is being sold again and again, eventually when customer stops making payment (and later I found out there are valid reasons for this) and money keeps coming in, while the customer lose out. As to why customer stops making payment? The land being sold are junk most of the time. I was curious and thought maybe I can buy some of these land for my retirement, so I went to Cochise County tax deed auction, the same auction that Landcental goes to buy their land. I bought some-24 parcels for $2100. I spoke to the planning and zoning official and it turns out most of the land is junk-not build-able. Many are landlocked, or too small to meet the requirement for county building construction code, not flat enough to build, or way out there with no support from county electricity, water or sewage. I ask the same official why are you guys selling these defective parcels. He smile back and said nothing. Some counties are running a scam, as they make money again and again on these tax deed auctions, when land comes back to them as buyer stops making tax payments. Landcentral is running a similar con game as they sell the same parcel over and over when buyer finds out it is junk land. Now going back to the conversation with the friend of the owner. He said he was the best friend of the owner of Landcental. So, there it is folks - that is the inside scoop from the horse's mouth. Now some parcels sold by LC are good, but majority are not. How would you know? I suggest you check with LC bf buying whether they visited the land themselves. I kid you not, LC and many like minded businesses never did a site inspection or much research, and have no idea about the condition of the land. Some they have, as they put up real photos of the site.(make sure you ask in writing whether those are the real photos of the land, as they often put up generic photos from else where) But make sure you get in writing, at least in email form that they conducted a site inspection. . But there is a sucker born everyday, so I am sure some of you will read this and STILL fall for the scam out there. Anywho, good luck out there. When something sounds too good to be true, it is because it is TOO good to be true. Landcentral sells dream, not bona fide land parcels, most of the time. Be careful out there folks!!!

edn261
10/27/15

Not bad at all.

annetted13
10/27/15

LandCentral made it possible to invest in property that I had dreamed about for awhile. All of the transactions were handled quickly and professionally. I couldn't had a better experience in purchasing a great investment for the future. Thank you LandCentral!!

carriep17
10/24/15

I feel that I was Accepted and Approved and my decisions were good. LandCentral is a Top of the Line Business. So Speedy and Fast. I'M Elated. Thank you LandCentral.

hermilob
10/14/15

It was a good deal

robertg130
9/19/15

My wife and I are very pleased with our purchase! Thanks to Megan for her help in making this purchase with ease. Megan is gr8 and very pleasant in her job at going above and beyond to see to her customers needs!

stevenn15
9/19/15

When I ran across land central and saw what they were offering , I was skeptical , so I steered away for a while . But the thought of owning my own land was something that I always wanted to do and I didn't have the best of credit history , so on my 5th time looking at the website and the land for sale I decided to go for it and went for some California land!! At first I felt as if I made a mistake but quickly had revieved the needed paperwork in the mail, along with pictures, directions, and a history of the county and city and area of where my newly purchased land was! When ever I called with questions or concerns I was quickly answered with the utmost customer service and professionalism.just two weeks ago and 4 years later I have paid off my land and I am very happy and satisfied with land central , I want to extend my gratitude to land central and all who were involved with my purchase ,Thank you so very much for helping to make my desicion to purchase land one of the best choices I ever made , everything went smooth and easy ! You rock !!! I am currently searching your site for another land purchase ..

darlinen
9/17/15

Megan was very helpful with my seach for property.

trudyb4
8/28/15

Although I just today financed land from Land Central,my honest opinion is that they are legit. Angela is smart,intuitive,knowledgeable. She was courteous and nice to talk to. I am impressed with the other staff also. I didn't experience any pressure sales tactics which are a turn off.They answer your questions and don't blow you off. If you want a good deal and good people to finance through...these guys are it!!!

roryb25
8/19/15

Buying property from LandCentral has been very well served. They follow through with their paperwork and you DO RECEIVE your title with a grant deed at the end of the contract.

They have proven themselves to be a legitimate company and follow the rules!

johna400
8/19/15

Easy Fast

tym117
8/14/15

I will give a true comment once I have completed the process for the desired land purchase.

duhaneyj
8/12/15

One of the best service, I asa Vet as ever had made me feel special. That one of the reasons i purchase another property from this outstanding established ment.

markm192
8/10/15

Very Helpful service!

yand3
7/23/15

Everyone I have worked in email and talked in person are very nice and have good attitude to help. Especially for my recent purchase, Megan just like a angel! I am very happy with the speedy service and help I got from her. Thank you!

pennyb6
3/25/15

I have nothing but fabulous things to say. Not only was the purchase initially that quick and easy, but when I was injured in a car accident an lost income, they worked with me to make my payments, and a few days ago, I paid off my land. Also I purchased a second piece and was able to quick turn that into something else as I was not satisfied...They will work with you. It's land, and who doesn't want land??? I can only say if you are looking for land to invest or for personal reasons go to Land Central; get it from them first....I've seen a lot of companies that try to sell land and foreclosed homes as well as commercial land deals...Don't trust them. You can only trust one out there! My next land purchase is going to be????? You guessed it!!!!! Land Central of course. :) And your's should too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

russc11
1/12/15

me and my wife is thing about this land by 29 pamls i alway wanted to buy some good land i wos reading some of the comments and most of them wos good ones.....thanks

jeremyb6
8/4/14

Super fast, bought my land and 2 weeks later, my portfolio was sent over. Only thing I am scared about is I don't have a title yet after 2 months. I just contacted them, and are waiting to hear back.

UPDATE:
I had meant to update this a while back, but kept forgetting. I received my deed in April after my last payment in March. I followed up in April with the County and my name is in their records as well. All in all, an awesome experience.

tomt20
7/9/13

Purchased our 18 acres via contract for deed, which is how this outfit works. Price for the land was super cheap. Catch with this piece of property, NO legal ROW and NO road/access to property, which is why it was so cheap. Once you pay the land off, they have 30 day to get the deed transfered into your name, registered at the courthouse, and into you hands. Beware though, they have the option to sell the mineral rights any time before passing the deed along to you. IMHO, that's why the land can be cheap and why they make you wait 30 days before sending you the deed. For us, the cost of survey and acquiring legal ROW around 2500 on top of the 17K for 18 acres. This land is mostly flat on top of the mountain... so for us... We hit a home run with this deal. Like previous investers have said, Buyer beware! These folks purchase forclosures, tax deeds, etcc and get the land for pennies on the dollar, make their cut, and still leave some on the bone for you... but again, know what you're getting into. If you think that something should be EASY, think again, unless you're willing to pay top dollar, but that's a whole different story.

rc19
5/18/12

I have been looking at the site and have visited a few properties here in WA state for the last year, and have been very disappointed. The properties all have something wrong with them. They are essentially junk parcels. Either the land was undesirable (no power, water, sewer, in the middle of nowhere), or was in a decent area but the land was so steep, or declared a wetland. Be very careful and research the land on the county's auditor/assessor/treasurer's website. It will tell you if the land is residential, wetland, has access to utilities, how much it has been worth over the last decade, and even characteristics of the land (steep, sloped, cliff, etc). Buyer beware!!

georger9
3/27/12

I am so surprised when I read some of these reports. Not just because people don't seem to be doing there research, but because people don't seem to be doing there research! Wow, in these times of uncertainty people seem to not be thinking about looking out for the family members who will be left with these trash lots, and who is getting there money, and shame on the people takeing advantage of this fact. Theilr day will come, it just seems it dosen't come fast enought.

tonyt5
1/25/12

I bought a piece of land from them 6 years ago and was happy with there service. I got just what I paid for. I recently purchased another property from them and once again there service was quick and thorough. Buyer beware is all that I have to say. Always check out the property before you buy. There terms are simple and prices comparable. I love this company and will continue to use them .

oliviag
10/12/11

They sent me photos of the land that they are trying to sell, I made a downpayment on it. I personally checked the land, the photos that they sent me do not represent the piece of land they are selling. I went to the area's City Hall, spoke with the representative and I was told that its a swamp land. I cannot build anything on it, no sewage, no house because its a wet land. There was also an electrical tower imposed on the land. They didnt have this information on the internet. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS!!!.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LandCentral staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Add your answer
6/7/11
Answer
pennyb6
A: Like all contracts, one should read the fine print. My deposit on one piece was moved to another piece of Land when I was not happy with what I was researching after I purchased...They are not in the habit of keeping funds, but they do have a policy you should be aware of. I have made 3 purchases all totaled. If you are wanting to invest in good clear and free titled solid land then Land Central is the place. Make sure you do county, and city research on the property before you sign the contract. ;)
3/30/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the LandCentral staff and other customers.

LandCentral?