US Government’s NSF

Mountain View, California, USA
Tel: 1465491773

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

They honestly are the reason I have been able to get through some of my harder classes.
Great style, fairly clear and much better organized than if I just went to their YouTube page.

Khan Academy is a really good studying tool. The instructor explains things in user- friendly terms and gives helpful tips to remember things. What's amazing too is they have practice test that gives answers and explanations. Even if you get a question wrong you can see why it's wrong and in return correct your mistakes. So not only are you learning in the tutorial you are also learning is the practice test. Khan academy have the tools to really make you grasp the concept of something. This whole organization has been a study partner and tutor for me. Now that's how teach math!

Maybe it works for people who are trying to learn PART of a topic, but for people who are working seriously, this website SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
I missed a unit of trigonometry and my teacher told me Khan academy should help me get caught up. He was planning to help with me with parts of it, but expects me to learn the majority of it on Khan.
I got on. Looked through the trigonometry lessons. Looked through the precalc lessons. Searched the videos. Scrolled through dozens of options.
According to my textbook AND teacher, this was the most important unit in trigonometry, and Khan had NOTHING on it.
The website is awful. Stay away.

They need to let you have a second try and if you get it right than count that a a check!!!!!!!! It is SOOOOOO annoying!!!

Based on our experience, Khan Academy works well together with Beestar. My son started with Beestar's math program two years ago. He receives weekly math exercise for free. The questions are very attractive. Many of them come from real life to help students better understand math concepts. When sometimes he got confused about a concept, he would watch the video lesson on Khan Academy for in depth explanation.
Beestar is a user-friendly site. As a parent, I can monitor his progress online any time I want. As I have seen, his math performance is getting much better in the past two years. Now he's the top student at school. He likes to meet other competitive students from nationwide on Beestar. They even started an online math discusstion group. I feel happy for him and hope to see more miracles on him.

I used to love khanacademy, I thought it finally made math fun. But after a while, it got kind of old, and it wasn't as much fun. The graphics and site quality is really good. But some of the problem wording is really confusing, and some of it just isn't that engaging. I'm guessing a majority of people will disagree with me, but I just didnt think that it stayed interesting after you saw it for a while.

The new regime at Khan Academy have been very successful at sucking all the fun out of learning math.

The people running Khan Academy all deserve medals. The website is easy to use, the team is quick to respond to questions, and the content of the lessons are excellent. A great supplementary tool for kids in High School, or a way to stay learning as an adult. There are classes for everyone, and the ease of use makes it super accessible.

This website is so awesome. I see videos about math and science everyday and best of its free

Simply, quit reading these reviews and get to the site. For what Khan Academy provides, there is none better. Now...GO!!!

I have been tutoring students for the last 3 years and review my lessons on this website.
It is very detailed and informative

They aren't to bad but every time I look for what I need help with they don't have what I am looking for.

If you want to learn or review a college course, I suggest you to take a look at this website.

Thanks to Khan Academy, I've been able to access educational material in an easy and entertaining way.

I highly recommend it!

Very helpful. He explains the concepts very simply without losing the depth of the concepts. This has definitely helped me in college. Reviewing topics I hadn't mastered in previous classes has helped me with later classes which build off said topics.

If you ever have spare time and want to learn a thing or two about something maybe you never even thought you might be interested in, this is definitely the sight for you. The sight was established for those who could not somehow get an education (mostly due to financial issues). It is a great website and the best part is, it's FREE!

one of the good guys left in the world, thank you for everything

Excellent online educational source. This site has over 2 400 videos covering topics from arithmetic to physics, finance and history. It is beneficial to people of all ages. It could be used for high-school students or even adults that want to improve their skills, or for those oldies that want to refresh their memory. This site is highly recommended.

1,552 helpful votes

A few years back, in one of my classrooms, I had students ranging in ability from doing math at the 2nd grade level to math at the 10th grade level. I had an hour a day to do math with all 4 groups (and these are guys with neurobehavioral disabilities so the one-on-one, immediate feedback time is important) so I needed to be creative and differentiate instruction using what websites were available back then in addition to a high school teacher's videos that I'd obtained somehow.

I WISH I had a website like Khan Academy available to me when I was teaching. Khan has tons of engaging lessons that I'm sure my boys with Aspergers would LOVE - much more so than hearing me everyday. The man behind this is pretty darn smart, and I think I'll watch some of his videos now rather than finishing an awful little history of the world book I have on my Kindle.

Forget tutoring websites, it's all here for free.

Here Salman Khan is on TED:

You might have read about Salman Khan in the news. The former hedge fund manager put a few math videos online to help tutor his little cousins. The videos were a hit amongst not just his cousins but thousands of others on YouTube. Since then, Khan has launched and uploaded more than 2100 videos across a variety of subjects. The success of the site has attracted big attention from the likes of Bill Gates who has helped fund the academy.

Personally, if I had had a resource like this when I was a kid, I would have been in heaven. I loved learning on my own and hated learning in school. One of the most interesting ideas to come out of the Khan Academy is that some kids might be able to spend their "homework time" in the evenings watching videos on and then during "school time" kids could do their homework and get help from teachers. This most certainly would work for autodidactic child, but potentially it could work for everyone as it could free up school time for more personal attention and less lecturing.

Bill Gates on Khan:

Khan speaking at TED:

I'm a fan of the idea, and I hope it works. Oh, and check out some of the lectures. They're good.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Khan Academy staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question