Review of InboxDollars

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

alexf84
3/26/17

WHAT A JOKE! I didn't want to believe it at first because I did manage to make it to get my first $30 check and than a $40 my second time. The second check did not come. I had to hassle them for over a month before I was able to get it put in my paypal account, because if I didn't wait four weeks I had to pay for a new check. Their help team is completely useless and just reads off the same form answers when you message them. Now, my account got flagged for some nonsense and even though I've contacted them to fix it even though it was out of my control, and was told not to use the phone app anymore. Everything was fine until they received my complaint with the BBB, now my account is gone. Spiteful much? Like I said, it's a joke. You might make some money, just be aware that if you make too much to fast you'll start getting the run around. They make way more money off us than we do them, plus all the money they've been keeping from the accounts they shut down without proper reason.

katrinas20
3/23/17

I've been doing Inbox Dollars for about a year, and cashed my first 5 checks with now problem, but now even Walmart, freakin' Walmart, with their lax rules won't take them. When that happens, it's usually because they have had some checks returned, which isn't a good sign. I'll be asking for a gift card instead of a check next time. Hoping that works better. They may be about to go under.
Qualifying for surveys is very time consuming. I've been through dozens a day, sometimes taking an hour or more to get into one. You just have to keep at it. Early in the day is when you most likely qualify, when they are still fresh and haven't reached the quota to fill up yet.

veronicas63
3/16/17

I have been doing surveys (or at least trying to) for about a week now. I have not yet earned the $30 for any kind of payout but I am going to keep trying. If it does not work I will review again. and if it does I will put out a better review. I have been experiencing the same problem everyday so today I kept notes. Here is what one day of doing the surveys is like. I started at 9am this morning. I tried filling out 22 surveys. in almost all of them I got 50-95% complete and then was told I did not qualify and then booted out of survey. The worse one was a survey of hotels stayed at in the last year. I have stayed in several different hotels and after listing all of them and there location I was told I did not qualify...what would qualify? I filled out at least 5 by 95% and was booted for not qualifying.... I was able to complete 3 surveys for less than a dollar. I quit trying at 1:20pm. 3 out of 22 surveys completed for less than a dollar in 4 hours and 20 minutes. I am starting to think that they have you do the survey then boot you so that they don't have to pay. I will keep trying to see if I can actually earn the $30 and then write another review.

darlenel21
3/13/17

I love this site. I have done many surveys and never had any trouble collecting what I was owed. Will stay with them.

kathyt61
3/12/17

I have been a member for approximately 6 years.
I am too busy to take surveys, I don't even try, but I actually took a survey "by accident" a few days ago.
As much as I love InboxDollars, I especially love the TV option which is very new, but lately the app does not work well at all.
You have to watch the TV through the app, the app fails at least 2-3X EVERY MINUTE.
I have received multiple checks from them, they absolutely are not a scam.

mattg73
3/8/17

I have cashed out almost $100 over 2 years. You aren't going to get rich off of it but if you open the paid emails, do a couple searches each day, and maybe an offer or two; you can slowly build up plus they give you $5 to start out. I don't bother with the surveys they aren't really worth it because they are long and most people don't qualify for them.

randyb76
2/23/17

Hi I cashed out on January 25 2017 And still Having Got My 30 Dollar check its a Scam They Take your Information And pay you Nothing

hghh
2/21/17

They canceled my account i had 45.00 on it i called bbb there rate will drop soon they said.__....___....___....___....___..

cynthiaj28
2/20/17

They only pay you up to 1.00 for a survey some is 25. I would spend almost 30 minutes on a survey that I gave my most honest answers on to then get told I don't qualify, this is definitely a slap in the face and a waste of time. So now they have what they want (my opinion) but I get nothing in return. That's scamming people why waste my time asking me all these questions to get nothing. Something needs to be done about it. I am a stay at home parent so I figured I could make some extra cash but it takes to long to reach 30 dollar payout. Its stressful enough you're not really making much but to get told you're disqualified once you finish a survey, its exhausting.

lynnr65
2/18/17

Extreme Cheapskates

About a year ago or a little more.. I joined up and made $30 about every other month. Surveys paid a little more than they do now, and on the wheel, I would win cash often. NOT NOW. I rejoined about 2 months ago after dropping it for almost a year, and noticed things changed.
The survey earning dollar amounts were higher than they are now. Most surveys now don't get past .50... They have become cheapskates on surveys and the wheel. Not to mention all the ones you spend 15-20 minutes filling out only to be told at the end you don't qualify, wth? I just went through a whole survey, now I won't get paid.. Oh heck NO! It more of a waste of time than anything now. All I can say they went the way most companies go when they become rich, they get GREEDY AND SCREW US.

ellisd9
2/17/17

Signed up and almost immediately began receiving unwanted phone calls morning noon and night. The cash rewards do not out weigh the annoying calls. All I can say about this site is run,run as fast as you can. Wish I read reviews before I wasted my time.

florenceh30
2/15/17

Since I have posted on several sites the truthful complaints against inboxdollars and telling ppl to view their Facebook page, they have been deleting the complaints made against them! They also reframed from commenting on comments as well! Also there is a woman who has been bragging and she did it once again Proving my point that they "PAY" ppl to brag, She has been doing it for some time showing how she is earning her money! Looks like they are scared to let ppl see the 10 or more complaints a day they receive! Proves my point they are hiding their SCAM!!

skylarm2
2/7/17

I requested payment after reaching just over $50 (which took me 1.5 years to do btw). Suddenly a few days after requesting payment they are claiming that I am using a proxy server and hiding my location. I don't even know how to do that! I haven't done anything differently in the last 1.5 years then I have over the previous 5+ years. I feel so jipped. I had planned to use that money for medication that is not covered by my insurance. I honestly feel like crying I am so upset.

emilyo18
1/30/17

My account was cancelled because I referred my neighbors. They cancelled it based on things that weren't in the Terms of Service, but because they are losing business they are cutting where their losses are great. They went from cash tv being to max $2 to $0.50 a day. On top of that before you were able to do surveys with ease. Now you can start a survey waste 3-5 minutes on a survey and then get told you aren't qualified for the service. Did I mention they probably will be going out of business sooner than later. Risky... Good luck people.

veronical31
1/28/17

30 dollar cash out minimum too high when surveys that you are 'qualified' to take are few and far between. Also, seems as if I am spending 20 minutes on a survey only to be told at the very end that I don't qualify. There are better ways to spend your time. Don't get ripped off.

joelb65
1/23/17

Hi, I signed up for inbox Dollars like one year ago and I have like $21.00 on my account. I don't really qualify for surveys. I wonder if it's really worth it..It takes forever to get money on there..And I never win off spin and win..Like cmon
A member of one year and I've never won a spin and win. Wow

zurin
1/23/17

I have been trying these online money making survey sites for years. Since I am a 90's kid, I can say I have literally been taking mindless surveys to try and gain points for money since online surveys became a thing.
One thing I have learned is that finally at the age of 22, I am qualifying for surveys.
Not going to lie here, I used to cheat and say I was all kinds of ages.
It wasn't until this last month where I was tight on cash that I signed up again and suddenly began racking up points....I do have to say though, Swag bucks is better, but they give you gift cards for companies, not just for you.

katyh14
1/15/17

This site "steals" your data ultimately, because you never qualify to take the surveys. I doubt it is all discarded as they contend. You end up providing services and they do not update your earnings amount. You cannot cash in until you earn 30.00, which is highly unlikely that you ver will. However, for the patient few, you may earn pennies per day. Not likely, if there is such a thing as "stealing personal information for surveys," and not compensating individuals, I believe this site would qualify.

melissas170
1/10/17

Thought I'd give this site a try. I have some downtime and thought, hey why not earn a bit of extra cash answering surveys? I've been using inbox dollars for 5 days now and I go on everyday to see what surveys are available. You will spend 5-10 minutes answering questions only to tell you you don't qualify for the survey! Really? Why tf did I fill out a profile with most of these questions? The site should automatically match you will appropriate surveys to take. Bottom line- don't waste your time with this site!

joshuas84
1/5/17

I spend 10 minutes filling out surveys for them to tell me at the end that I did not qualify. They get their survey filled out then don't have to pay you!!?? I should notify an agency and tell them people are getting ripped off. Also, the wheel with the free spins always lands on sweepstakes entries and you never win anything above .05.

caseys40
12/26/16

I became a member hoping to earn extra money in my spare time however 9 times out of 10 I spent twenty minutes answering survey questions only to be informed (after 20 min of answering questions)that I "wasn't a good fit for their survey"perhaps this is good for someone who has literally nothing else to do,but if u have a job and/or a family do not waste your time with inbox dollars!!

raquelitam
12/18/16

im not gonna sit here and write a book on how you can earn hundreds of dollars on InboxDollars. i am, though, gonna tell you that you DO make money. in the beginning you make money fast! and you are qualified for a LOT of surveys and such. but once you've gotten your...maybe second check... it starts slowing down, im not saying you cant make money at all, but you wont make more than five dollars in a day. it is NOT a site that will make you quit your day job or such, but if you aint got nothing better to do, why not sit at night or on your spear time and not play "candy crush", etc..and try and get qualified for a survey? it is not impossible. why not accumulate 15, 30, 50 cents a day? its like a piggy bank, just keep putting a little bit of your time and one day, youll be like, "oh!! thats right, i have 35 dollars on this website and request your check, maybe for gas, somebodys birthday coming up, XMAS? and you forgot that ONE last minute gift? I CAN GIVE YOU MY WORD THAT IT IS NOT A SCAM!!!

sandyr64
12/18/16

I have been a member since they started. They say you can earn by reading emails, watching videos, watching their TV, doing searches, surveys & doing offers, etc. Because I only was doing emails, videos, searches & TV, they cut off my ability to do anything but searches UNLESS I did something OTHER THAN those things. I belong to other similar sites and they don't have these STRANGE rules. They get paid for these excluded activities too. Not worth the time, effort or annoying "rules". I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM!

isaach29
12/16/16

I like being able to earn money here. I like how I can earn money from watching random videos on this app. It is hard for me to earn money here taking surveys. Because either I take the survey and I don't qualify for it. Or they tell me I don't qualify for a survey that I haven't even taken. This happens too often. It seems like every time I go to Peanut Survey. I don't qualify for any of their. What a joke. I shouldn't be Spotify for one of the Peanut surveys. I have noticed that I have not been getting any more paid emails. Lastly I hate it that I have a lot of spins and can only use acouple of them a day when spinning the wheel. I should be able to use all my spins if I want to.

katd18
12/6/16

I started Inboxdollars in August, and while I'm certainly not rich now, I have received two checks for over $40 a piece (and I now have $15 earned on the site).

Pro Tip: I noticed that when you get to $30 (the amount they'll pay out at), Inboxdollars offers to pay the $3 fee they charge you if you agree to wait to request a pay out until you earn $40 (within a month's time frame). I did it both times and found I made it to $40 easily.

I actually wrote a review about this on my website http://leave.today/inboxdollars-com-review/ if anyone is interested in hearing about my tips and tricks. :)

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

91 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the InboxDollars staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question