Review of InboxDollars

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jordanj26
5/11/17

Every website says this is a scam and it absolutely is. I'm a single mom of two children with special needs and wanted to make money working from home. You can cash out whenever you reach $30. I spent over a year doing surveys, web searches every night for about tenty minutes. I tried really hard not to give up. i'm sitting here writing this with tears falling down my face i finally reached $28 and they won't let me earn any more. Ever survey is √ľnavailable, everytime I try to watch a video or web search, it says "Please Wait, Loading"and it just never loads. I spent YEAR doing this. God damn it, why woul they do this to innocent people? $#*! them and $#*! this nasty ass disgusting app and everything they stand for.

dustind17
5/10/17

Your Boss Di Fat go yee!!!!! You have no judgement of good and bad or it looks you are some insider mole

alexac10
5/5/17

You earn $5 for signing up but you don't get any money until you earn $30 which is virtually IMPOSSIBLE on this site because the NEVER approve you for any surveys! Ridiculous

ralphn15
5/2/17

They give you a survey ask you questions then tell you sorry you do not qualified. They do this most of the time so they do not allow you to make any money. There pay out is 30.00 dollars so they are very smart. THIS IS A SCUM BAG COMPANY DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

marinap20
4/28/17

I have started Inboxdollars in January. Now it is April and I have made about $300. Yes you need to be patient, a lot of surveys tell you you don't qualify, you just go to another one. They mail you a check. The only thing: after reaching $300 they request W-9 form. I have sent one to them and continue filling out surveys. Good luck to everyone! MP

frankp100
4/27/17

I got my first check about a month ago. I have now asked for another one to be processed and suddenly, magically, I cannot get on the site, but only get an "error 16" message. If your account is not active on the processing day you don't get your check. Anyone else had this happen to them? I was quite happy with things until now...but now I wonder if they just got my information and are hanging me out to dry?

kristens43
4/21/17

It's hit or miss with gaining points for surveys. They'll constantly have you answer their questions & surveys for ten minutes , then deny you the points & this will continue until you're lucky enough to finally get 25 or 50 cents out of the ten surveys you just freely took for them. Mostly a waste of your time, unless you have a lot of it to waste

leighb39
4/12/17

I was with them for 2-3 years, earned $200, cashed out and they terminated my account for hiding my IP address. SERIOUSLY!! I wouldn't know how to do that. It took over 2 years to earn $200, so it isn't like I was cheating any systems! I cashed it out for a specific purpose and I'm furious that these people got the best of me.
According to their social media site there are a lot of people getting checks for $30, $40, $50. not sure I believe it. and/or it's only a matter of time before they come here crying in their milk too.

Thankfully this money won't break me like it does for a lot of other people, but it still hurts. I earned it and certainly had plans for it. Posting this review and filed a complaint with the BBB in hopes that they don't screw over some innocent hard working person that doesn't deserve this treatment. I earned $200 in 2 months on another site, so Bye Felicia!

davidc503
4/12/17

Why is this scam site still in existence? I requested payment and never received it. Stay away from this waste of your time.....

luiss72
4/5/17

I'm approaching the $30.00 threshold and as soon as I get pay I will drop this nonsense. The majority of the surveys pay you a miser amount of $0.25 with an average time of 30 minutes to complete them, and to ad insult to injury they reject your participation to almost all of many of them. Stay away from this site, you get pennies for your efforts.

rebeccahc
4/2/17

I've completely given up because I have better things to do than spend hours of my day filling out surveys I never qualify for. I mean, seriously, I get most of the way through them then am told I don't qualify. I've literally NEVER qualified for one of their surveys!

On top of that they don't credit you for completing offers! They owe me probably $20 for offers I've completed over the past few months but nope, Nada.

Don't even get me started on the Spin & Win. It only lands on 1 sweep or No Win. Question for those of you giving rave reviews: how much did they pay you to do that and how do I get in on it?

alexf84
3/26/17

WHAT A JOKE! I didn't want to believe it at first because I did manage to make it to get my first $30 check and than a $40 my second time. The second check did not come. I had to hassle them for over a month before I was able to get it put in my paypal account, because if I didn't wait four weeks I had to pay for a new check. Their help team is completely useless and just reads off the same form answers when you message them. Now, my account got flagged for some nonsense and even though I've contacted them to fix it even though it was out of my control, and was told not to use the phone app anymore. Everything was fine until they received my complaint with the BBB, now my account is gone. Spiteful much? Like I said, it's a joke. You might make some money, just be aware that if you make too much to fast you'll start getting the run around. They make way more money off us than we do them, plus all the money they've been keeping from the accounts they shut down without proper reason.

katrinas20
3/23/17

I've been doing Inbox Dollars for about a year, and cashed my first 5 checks with now problem, but now even Walmart, freakin' Walmart, with their lax rules won't take them. When that happens, it's usually because they have had some checks returned, which isn't a good sign. I'll be asking for a gift card instead of a check next time. Hoping that works better. They may be about to go under.
Qualifying for surveys is very time consuming. I've been through dozens a day, sometimes taking an hour or more to get into one. You just have to keep at it. Early in the day is when you most likely qualify, when they are still fresh and haven't reached the quota to fill up yet.

veronicas63
3/16/17

I have been doing surveys (or at least trying to) for about a week now. I have not yet earned the $30 for any kind of payout but I am going to keep trying. If it does not work I will review again. and if it does I will put out a better review. I have been experiencing the same problem everyday so today I kept notes. Here is what one day of doing the surveys is like. I started at 9am this morning. I tried filling out 22 surveys. in almost all of them I got 50-95% complete and then was told I did not qualify and then booted out of survey. The worse one was a survey of hotels stayed at in the last year. I have stayed in several different hotels and after listing all of them and there location I was told I did not qualify...what would qualify? I filled out at least 5 by 95% and was booted for not qualifying.... I was able to complete 3 surveys for less than a dollar. I quit trying at 1:20pm. 3 out of 22 surveys completed for less than a dollar in 4 hours and 20 minutes. I am starting to think that they have you do the survey then boot you so that they don't have to pay. I will keep trying to see if I can actually earn the $30 and then write another review.

darlenel21
3/13/17

I love this site. I have done many surveys and never had any trouble collecting what I was owed. Will stay with them.

kathyt61
3/12/17

I have been a member for approximately 6 years.
I am too busy to take surveys, I don't even try, but I actually took a survey "by accident" a few days ago.
As much as I love InboxDollars, I especially love the TV option which is very new, but lately the app does not work well at all.
You have to watch the TV through the app, the app fails at least 2-3X EVERY MINUTE.
I have received multiple checks from them, they absolutely are not a scam.

mattg73
3/8/17

I have cashed out almost $100 over 2 years. You aren't going to get rich off of it but if you open the paid emails, do a couple searches each day, and maybe an offer or two; you can slowly build up plus they give you $5 to start out. I don't bother with the surveys they aren't really worth it because they are long and most people don't qualify for them.

randyb76
2/23/17

Hi I cashed out on January 25 2017 And still Having Got My 30 Dollar check its a Scam They Take your Information And pay you Nothing

hghh
2/21/17

They canceled my account i had 45.00 on it i called bbb there rate will drop soon they said.__....___....___....___....___..

cynthiaj28
2/20/17

They only pay you up to 1.00 for a survey some is 25. I would spend almost 30 minutes on a survey that I gave my most honest answers on to then get told I don't qualify, this is definitely a slap in the face and a waste of time. So now they have what they want (my opinion) but I get nothing in return. That's scamming people why waste my time asking me all these questions to get nothing. Something needs to be done about it. I am a stay at home parent so I figured I could make some extra cash but it takes to long to reach 30 dollar payout. Its stressful enough you're not really making much but to get told you're disqualified once you finish a survey, its exhausting.

lynnr65
2/18/17

Extreme Cheapskates

About a year ago or a little more.. I joined up and made $30 about every other month. Surveys paid a little more than they do now, and on the wheel, I would win cash often. NOT NOW. I rejoined about 2 months ago after dropping it for almost a year, and noticed things changed.
The survey earning dollar amounts were higher than they are now. Most surveys now don't get past .50... They have become cheapskates on surveys and the wheel. Not to mention all the ones you spend 15-20 minutes filling out only to be told at the end you don't qualify, wth? I just went through a whole survey, now I won't get paid.. Oh heck NO! It more of a waste of time than anything now. All I can say they went the way most companies go when they become rich, they get GREEDY AND SCREW US.

ellisd9
2/17/17

Signed up and almost immediately began receiving unwanted phone calls morning noon and night. The cash rewards do not out weigh the annoying calls. All I can say about this site is run,run as fast as you can. Wish I read reviews before I wasted my time.

florenceh30
2/15/17

Since I have posted on several sites the truthful complaints against inboxdollars and telling ppl to view their Facebook page, they have been deleting the complaints made against them! They also reframed from commenting on comments as well! Also there is a woman who has been bragging and she did it once again Proving my point that they "PAY" ppl to brag, She has been doing it for some time showing how she is earning her money! Looks like they are scared to let ppl see the 10 or more complaints a day they receive! Proves my point they are hiding their SCAM!!

skylarm2
2/7/17

I requested payment after reaching just over $50 (which took me 1.5 years to do btw). Suddenly a few days after requesting payment they are claiming that I am using a proxy server and hiding my location. I don't even know how to do that! I haven't done anything differently in the last 1.5 years then I have over the previous 5+ years. I feel so jipped. I had planned to use that money for medication that is not covered by my insurance. I honestly feel like crying I am so upset.

emilyo18
1/30/17

My account was cancelled because I referred my neighbors. They cancelled it based on things that weren't in the Terms of Service, but because they are losing business they are cutting where their losses are great. They went from cash tv being to max $2 to $0.50 a day. On top of that before you were able to do surveys with ease. Now you can start a survey waste 3-5 minutes on a survey and then get told you aren't qualified for the service. Did I mention they probably will be going out of business sooner than later. Risky... Good luck people.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

93 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the InboxDollars staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
sherrim10
sherri m.
on 8/31/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the InboxDollars staff and other customers.

3 Photos for InboxDollars