Review of InboxDollars

InboxDollars reviews

mattheww99
2/16/18

Actually was liking this site, took two weeks to get to the $30 payout. Noticed that the surveys had dried up the last couple days, I was at $31 this morning and now my account has been deactivated. Well played InboxDollars, what a bunch of jerks! Best to stay away from this one.

lisas551
2/5/18

Up until November 2017 I would have given this company an excellent review. Sure it is time consuming and annoying that you get disqualified from surveys but if you work at its legit. I was earning 40.00 a month. Them suddenly I had no more surveys . Each day prior I would log in and have 10 or 15 surveys and those would replenish during the day. There was maybe once in 2 years I logged in and no surveys . I chatted with them thinking something must be wrong with the site but was told that they dont control who gets the surveys and I just must not qualify to please check back. Well I have been checking back for 3 months and still have never once had a survey. I chatted again and got the same response. I call bs. How can I go from that many surveys to none? I am the same person so suddenly there is no need for my input? This is ridiculous and I cant get a straight answer. I note on FB and Instagram several other longtime members posted the same exact situation with no response from them. I dont recommend this site. You have no way of knowing when you will be cut off. I also dont appreciate getting the run around from them on this issue. Clearly something happened on their end but they refuse to admit it.

jeanneh31
1/31/18

Over and over you are asked multiple questions only to be told after 10-15 minutes that you dont qualify. They still collect their data, but you get nothing for your time. Its a scam.

jhaylend
1/30/18

I was using this site for months and doing surveys, videos, and searches daily, finally, one day, I got to $20.00 and it took forever to get to that doing 25 cent surveys and 50 cent surveys, then as soon as I get from $19.98 to $20.03 (I did a spin to win and won 5 cents) they block my account and say that I violated terms of service. I understand the good reviews but don't fall for the hype, this site is a whole scam.

toml165
1/29/18

they kick you from every 1.00 or 75cent survey and throw you in a 25 cent after you wasted time on the survey and 7 dollars a day or less is weak i wish i could email the owner and tell em to screw off.

lynp10
1/29/18

Have been a member of Inbox Dollars for almost 5 years. In order to get any money, the first time you have to reach $100. Took me 4 years, they paid quickly. After that initial period, I have made a little more - up to $65 in a year now. The biggest problem is the surveys. If you were diligent and kept trying to do them, you could make more money but it is so hard to qualify for one. Lately, I have spent almost 10 minutes answering questions only to suddenly not qualify. So, after 10 minutes asking if I bought this or that, I do not qualify. Gee, seems like you got all the info needed, and then will not pay. Annoying!

christopherr99
1/28/18

Don't waste your time. You'll be denied all the surveys that our $1.00+ and given a .25 cent one in replacement. Its a scam in my opinion. Not only that you have to reach $30 before even beginning able to take money out. I've literally had this app for months and only at $7 bucks. Do yourself a favor forget about it, If I could Id give this bull$#*! 0 stars... Oh yeah dont listen to the good reviews those are paid for reviews to bring in more people.

danielz31
1/27/18

Not worth all of the time I put in it my account was terminated multiple times for no good reason whatsoever.

rebeccah138
1/23/18

I used this survey website for a month with absolutely no issues and then right before I got to the $30 cash out amount my account was terminated for "breaking the terms of service" even though I hadn't done anything different or against the terms. I contacted customer support and after a lot of emailing they reactivated my account just to terminate it again one day later for the same reason even though I hadn't even logged in since the reactivation. In my personal opinion this website is a scam and they terminate accounts to avoid paying users.

diannea21
1/19/18

I figured i would give it a shot. They give you $5 to sign up. Then i see you can't withdraw until you earn 30. So i thought.....ok...i will stick with it until i get to 30. Mutliple days later after not qualifying for probably 17 surveys, and only completing one...I finally qualified for a second. It was a long one at 30 minutes for a mere .50. I completed it, and waited. Account not credited. Ok...I look up support...should be fairly immediate but some vendors take up to 2 days. Ok...i am not going to do anymore until i see. Waited the full two days. Nothing. Contacted support...they asked me for survey number. I didn't write it down... Asked dont they have an activity tracker for me that would tell. I gave them the date i completed it. Nope. I am out. i spent probably 15 hours on this in a week...earned 4.10 above the 5 initial deposit, and dont get any of it...because I am not at 30...

bryang43
1/8/18

sometime I won at scratch thing for $10 but I only got 10cents. the most annoying part is when they refer you surveys and after a while you're in the middle of your 20 mins survey, it suddenly "the survey does not qualify" like wth!!!

dianam109
1/2/18

I can't say that they are outright scammers but for the time and tedious effort it takes to earn $.05 to $.75 at a time before you can cash out it's SO not worth it. My biggest pet peeve about them has to do with their phony, paid social media praises and testimonies. You really can earn about $30 every 2-3 weeks by being way to diligent than what it's worth, but when you see a social media post about winning $100 in the Scratch n Win on Inboxdollars, believe me it's not difficult to follow the poster's profile and discover that they are PAID REVIEWERS or SPONSORED TWEETERS. You'll never, ever win anything worthwhile from them, and you have to know that your time is worth so much more than what the surveys pay. My advice: Go with Publisher's Clearinghouse. Sure, the odds of winning super big are pretty slim, but it's free, unlike state lotteries, and playing PCH is not mind-numbingly boring like Inboxdollars. And for the record, no I have no affiliation with either one except that I am a member of both. (I'm so done with Inbox though. I'm over it).

namad
1/2/18

This website teases you with possible offers, but there is no way to really make decent money on this website. They collect all your info and give you surveys you don't qualify for. They send you endless emails. A complete ripoff and waste of time

ericy25
12/31/17

Surveys don't pay anywhere enough to make the surveys worth your time. All money making offers, even the 100% free offers asks that you pay silver and gold sponsors 1000% or more than what inbox offers in return. The Spin and Win wheel is rigged. I've spun the wheel a lot. Each time it lands on sweeps ticket or lose turn every time. I've seen the wheel slow down, then momentarily pick up speed to avoid landing on cash prizes, I've literally seen it stop on $1 and $5, then the wheel flashed and moved off the winning spot, just to land on sweeps ticket or lose turn again. I've recorded it for proof. I've mentioned this before and it is somehow my fault. As they tell everyone. Beware this is a scam.

sandyt46
12/17/17

I've received two checks now from this app. It's completely legitimate no purchase necessary. The check only took about a week two or I'm not too shabby for free money.

shellyc46
12/11/17

There are a few things you can do here, and the money earn is very very low. On top of that, whenever there is a problem, they do not try to award you. Instead, they says "I am sorry but you will receive the credit for an activity which you have fully completed. " Worse, they always take $3 for processing, unless you completed things before a deadline. Worse? You have to earn $30 to cash out, and it takes a looong time to earn. Go somewhere else like swagbuck or mypoint.

melissad106
12/1/17

I have been active for about a 1 1/2 years and have my account yup to $180 dollars never cashed it in last night i tried to sign in and it told me

suzannec56
11/29/17

This 'organization' was touted in a recent article and the author went on and on and on how you can make money taking surveys. First: they take an inordinate amount of personal information which IMO was a target for identify theft. Then, they tease you to "take this survey, earn $5.00!"..you take a 20 minute worthless survey, again, asking for a lot of personal information only to tell you at the end "you don't qualify". What I found: they are only interested in people who own/run billion dollar companies and have outright approval for purchases. What I also found: I did qualify for the .25 cent surveys. OH Boy!! Also found that they are not interested in fully employed, middleclass earners, female with college degrees. So, if you are Bill Gates or Unemployed Hobo Joe, then this site is for you. I'd rather take a walk and collect cans~~~~~~~~~~~Don't waste your time.!

mariag225
11/21/17

A totally a waste of time you have to earn 30 dollars in order to request your money. and it takes weeks for you to get it...

jovelynb
11/18/17

It's just a waste of time. .25 cents a survey or less? lucky you if you got .75 or a dollar, congratulations! You just answered tons of questions with that amount including your personal information. I hope they're not selling the info's. Have to redeem my 30 bucks before I leave that site. So disappointed and waste of time! Forgot to say, I don't qualify for most surveys but I answered a bunch of personal questions. It'll tell if you qualify or not after you answered a lot of questions already.

paulf149
11/16/17

You do surveys, they ask a lot of personal questions that could be used for anything, are people so stupid to provide all that for few cents? Yes, you can probably provide fake info, I stopped at 2nd question since I figured it will get worse! They also spam your inbox like crazy.

mikiej1
11/12/17

In over a year, I have qualified for almost NO surveys of a dollar or more. Even the 50-75 cent ones are few. What really really irks is getting to the last few questions and then being told I don't qualify. Forget how long it takes to get to the threshold for payment, your time should be worth more than this site offers.

rjf3
11/9/17

I've used the site sparingly over a few years. A year or two ago, they started a system where you are often paid in "sweeps" that you can use to enter in their own lottery system. I can not see how getting maybe money (or, really, most probably not money) is appealing to anyone. I essentially only do paid emails and one or 2 surveys a month. Once I cash out, after reaching the pretty unreasonable $30 dollar mark, I'm done with it.

cheyns
11/8/17

They held my credits until after my requested payout. Then they would not cancel my payout. Horrible site.

tieras1
11/3/17

I completed weeks of surveys got two checks when t came to my last $50 check they told me a day before it would be sent out my account was terminated. It takes two weeks just to get paid $50 then they take it and tell me I cant get it. I woulrked my butt off on those surveys! Ill say stay away they just trying to steal your hard earned money

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Way more tracking cookies than most survey sites but no malware or virus that I even had issues with.

By Bill Z., InboxDollars Representative

I have been a member for over 10 years. I get my $30 payout every single time. I always request a check. They tell you the day your check will be processed and then send you an email when it's mailed. I've received $30 about every 6 weeks. This completely legitimate.

By Karen A., InboxDollars Representative

US Members can receive payments 3 ways! Check, Prepaid Visa card (mailed or virtual) or eCards (list of nearly 50 store/merchant cards).http://support.inboxdollars.com/hc/en-us/articles/204153445-How-do-I-request-payment-

By Member S., InboxDollars Representative

Dear Dave, You should contact LiveChat for more assistance but an account can be deleted/removed for inactivity on the account for a period of 6 months or more of if the account was in a violation of the terms. Accounts are never randomly deleted without cause so if you reach out to LiveChat they can review and escalate your inquiry if further review is needed. We have more information in our Terms of Membership: http://www.inboxdollars.com/pages/terms

By Member S., InboxDollars Representative

Dear John, Please note that your account is credited as soon as your credit is sent by the offer provider. You mentioned that you have been completing offers on Mindspay and InboxPAYS so if you have completed the offer before with those sites then they will not credit again for the same offer. We do show your account has been credited for other offers so most likely if you are missing credits on InboxDollars than it was most likely due to being credited for the same offer on InboxPays or other site. Please note that our offers will credit as our terms state usually within 14 - 30 days. More information can be found here:http://www.inboxdollars.com/pages/terms

By Member S., InboxDollars Representative

Most of the surveys on Inboxdollars actually range up to $5.00 on surveys depending on the survey provider. Please note that InboxDollars works with Market Research companies (survey providers) who create, provide, manage and credit the surveys. InboxDollars does not make any requirements or qualifications for a survey. Each advertiser may be looking for a particular demographic to get the information they need for their services/products/etc so they will have qualification questions when this occurs. Our minimum requirement is $30.00 as a minimum and members can get there pretty quickly if they do a variety of activities on the site. We have some members who cash out once a month but again this is due to how often they are on and how much they do.

By Member S., InboxDollars Representative

ke c.: if you requested payment and the date has changed to process that payment it may mean that your account went to an inactive status. Members need to keep their account in active status in order to have their payments processed on the date assigned. Please contact LiveChat for assistance and they can always escalate your inquiry to Accounting for help!

By Member S., InboxDollars Representative

http://support.inboxdollars.com/hc/en-us/articles/204153445-How-do-I-request-payment- http://support.inboxdollars.com/hc/en-us/articles/204234295-Payment-Processing-Delivery

By Member S., InboxDollars Representative

It seems like IBD has made several changes that benefit them financially and ends up taking away more of the minimal amount of money you earn to begin with. I have always wondered why they only allow a person 20 spins over a 24 hour period. Especially and in light of the fact you are lucky if 20 spins net you .5-.25 cents. I have been trying Cash Crate. And so far, no complaints.

By Lisa L., InboxDollars Representative

Some of our members will do surveys, do offers, do videos, radio, cash shopping, cash tasks, Groupon, or other activities to earn or a combination of several activities to earn faster.

By Member S., InboxDollars Representative
Questions? Get answers from the InboxDollars staff and other customers.

4 Photos for InboxDollars