Review of GemsNY

New York, NY 10036, United States of America
info@gemsny.com

richardb340
8/3/17

I know that jewelry is something you won't even consider buying online but this company is the real deal. I already purchased from them twice before and will definitely purchase again. Reasonable prices backed up great customer service. Ernie really treats his customers with utmost respect. Kudos to Gems NY.

jillj38
7/28/17

Website was easy to navigate and it's the first jewelry site I've encountered that seems genuinely interested on educating customers like me on gemstones and jewelry so that I can make my decision (rather than being pushed into what the jeweler thinks is good - which has been my experience in retail). I just like being able to browse, take my time, and make my selection without someone breathing down my neck. I had one technical question and when I called they answered it (most jeweler's have told me "come in and we'll talk" - ugh!).

suec98
6/16/17

We decided to go in person to view sapphires for my ring. Ernie was such a pleasure to work with. The sapphire is perfect. Love the size, sparkle and color. And the price - great value. They did a great job setting it in my ring, cleaning the other stones, adding the small diamond that had fallen out a while ago. Just perfect. Wish all my other purchase transactions could be as smooth and painless. Thank you for exceeding my expectations!

shirleyn7
5/19/17

Excellent service. I had no problem returning the first ring. The sales manager Ernie was a pleasure to talk to. I order a Alexandrite ring that was really pretty but the stone was small and I talked to him and he said the next stone I picked out was larger and clearer than the first one and he thought I would like it much better, he was right, I just received the second ring and it is absolutely beautiful. I will recommend them to anyone looking for a pretty ring. Also the price is excellent.

dianal55
3/27/17

Sometimes it's difficult choosing a piece of jewelry on the web, although GemsNY has an excellent website and so many great choices, until you see the piece for real it can be a bit scary. But GemsNY's return policy eases that fear, I know because I used it and a new piece was made for me with a different stone, and I was so pleased. The original stone was as described, I just wanted a larger ruby than my first choice. The following is a copy of my last email to GemsNY;
"Hi ........, just to inform you that i just rec'd my ruby ring. It is BEAUTIFUL, Thank you so much for your description and recommendations on this stone, I Love it!!!"

I would definitely do business with GemsNY again, they proved trustworthy to me; Highly recommend, Beautiful items and Great prices, you can't go wrong.

Diana L.

deborahc86
3/5/17

My husband bought me a beautiful Ruby and Diamond ring for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. It is Beautiful, the Ruby from Africa is a beautiful dark red just like he ordered and the Diamonds help show it off. The workmanship was excellent. Very happy and satisfied. The prices were very reasonable also. We would buy from you again and let others know about your company.

debrar41
1/31/17

I had an issue with one of the stones in my beautiful pendant, and Ernie at GemsNY helped me replace this stone. The process was quick and easy, considering I am in California. I would not hesitate to purchase again from GemsNY, as well as recommend them to my friends. Thank you Ernie for all your help. :)

mm270
1/4/17

Ring is just as ordered. It was for a special occasion, our daughter's graduation. I called to a week before the estimated delivery date and was told that the ring would be arrive a few days after that the original promised time. However, they rushed the order and had it on time. If you need it a specific date, it may be a good idea to call and check on the order and give them time to get it to you when you need it.

paulp134
12/10/16

GemsNY is fantastic. So helpful and patient with my questions, shipped my choice to me exactly as we discussed and on the day promised. Great follow through and absolutely honest; I would recommend them to anyone for jewelry purchasing.

alym8
11/10/16

I have always wanted a ruby engagement ring, but had just about given up until I came across gemsNY. Most shops rent a few rubies and try to push them on you with little to no information.

I made an appointment and they were able to show me all the nuances in different clarity, colors, brilliance, and heated/non heated (walked me through more like). Prices were at least half what we had seen at places before and in my one appointment, I saw over 10 stones in person.

I can't speak for the online experience, but I highly suggest this company (and if you can make a quick trip or a vacation to NYC, you can see any stone from the website in person!) People were very friendly, helpful, and I never felt pressured out o my price range - they showed stones well below in fact!

pedror33
11/6/16

I met with Ernie at the location. After trying to convince my girlfriend against emeralds and failing... I had to do my research on emeralds and jewelers. I found my way many times on Gemsny, and I saw a loose emerald I favored and just after a few weeks it was gone! I really needed to pull the trigger this time, but I really wanted to see the stones in person.

I didn't make an appointment, but they were willing to work with me when I walked in on a Friday at 5pm. I met with Ernie, and he was absolutely welcoming and willing to answer all my questions. He showed me multiple stones in my budget, and settings. The stone is really the most important part of the ring. He spent 2 hours with me, and helped me pick the right gem, and showed the difference in quality. He really made the experience stress free, and I was at the location pass the time of closing and he never once rushed me.

Absolutely recommend! They also do custom designs which was great. I only recommend making an appointment and visiting the site to get a better idea what you're looking for in price, size and color. If everyone else is like Ernie then I bet they all give a great experience!

Can't wait to see the ring complete!!! This was my first time going into a shop, and I walked out with a gem and setting picked. Easy process!

brianm242
10/20/16

The whole process was smooth and easy. The quality of the stones and setting are superb. The handling of the order and the shipping went as smooth as can be and the employees were always available to help

I wouldn't buy jewelry anywhere else except GemsNY from now on

robertb371
9/14/16

I wanted to give my wife something special for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. After shopping local jewelry stores and many online jewelers, I chose a Ruby Tennis Bracelet from Gemsny.
When I asked if it would be possible to have the bracelet on time, they did everything possible to help me out.
The bracelet arrived yesterday, I gave it to my wife last evening and she was thrilled. It surpassed all of my expectations in both quality and value. Unlike other Rubies that I've seen, these were natural and a deep red color. We couldn't be more pleased. In the future, my first stop will be this jeweler.

davids561
8/4/16

I live in New Zealand and contacted GemsNY via email about making a custom three stone engagement ring to pick up when visiting New York. Vishal and I emailed back and forth over a period of about 6 weeks tweaking the design before I finally settled on the make up of it. He was very accommodating and answered lots of questions along the way which was definitely appreciated. The final act was selecting the centre stone (emerald) when I was in New York. Again, Vishal was great to deal with this time in person answering questions etc and I eventually settled on the stone. The final product looks awesome and I'm very happy with it.

The reason I've given a four star review is the valuation - I paid US $3,850 for the custom platinum and diamond setting and US $3,092 for the centre emerald, so US $6,942 total with three GIA (trustworthy) certificates. I have since had the ring valued after arriving home for insurance purposes by a GIA registered valuer and they valued the centre emerald at only US $1,800 which is quite a lot less than I paid which is disappointing. It's significantly less than the UGL (not trustworthy) certificate that came with it estimating a retail value for the emerald alone at US $6,500 although I knew to take that value with a grain of salt. Fortunately, the two side diamonds were valued much higher than what I paid for them so overall the total ring was about the right price. The ring has been valued at US $7,476 compared with GemsNY valuation of it at $16,500 which I knew would have been over-inflated I just didn't realise by how much!

Anyway, all in all I'm extremely happy with the ring I designed and bought with Vishal's help and would shop here again. I got value for money but not to the extent the GemsNY or UGL valuations would suggest.

jamesm459
6/2/16

I was shopping for a very special birthday gift for my wife and happened to stumble across their website. Of course, there were hesitations with spending money with a business I wasn't familiar with sight unseen. After reading dozens of reviews from different sources I decided to go with them.

After surfing their site I had an idea of what I wanted. A natural unenhanced sapphire c0cktail ring. I noticed that it had an approximate wait time of 12 days listed and didn't have this amount of time. Like most men, I was scrambling for a last minute gift. I decided to call the store direct and Vishal answered the phone. He was very pleasant and walked me through the process answering my many questions professionally. I believe he nailed exactly what I was looking for and emailed me a few options high to low of my taste. After selecting all of it, I explained that I needed this setting cast, set, and back to me in Florida by Friday from noon on Monday. Although he explained that this would be pressed, he said they would make every attempt to get it to me and he was sure, barring no hiccups, that I would have it in time for our weekend houseboat trip over Memorial Day. MAN DID THEY COME THROUGH!!! This gift knocked the socks off of my wife, and their service and expediency knocked mine off. GREAT JOB!

davidi27
5/13/16

I recently purchased a custom birth stone ring from Gemsny for my wife. I live in Nevada and Gemsny is in New York. I was a little nervous, but I wanted to give my wife a very special ring. After looking on their site and working with Vishal, I ordered a ring. I got to choose the stones except the garnet, Vishal picked out this stone, nice job. I choose the setting with my wife's approval of course. We got to see what the ring will look like before placing the order. When we received the ring, my wife absolutely loves it. She even made the comment "it's nicer than I had expected". When it is time again to buy that special piece, rings, earrings, pendent, ect..., I will definitely shop Gemsny. I found this place online because I could not find what my wife wanted locally in Las Vegas Nv. Thank very much Gemsny.

meltonf7
4/11/16

GemsNY has excellent gems and outstanding craftmenship in designer jewelry.

lr43
4/11/16

I was absolutely blown away with the impeccable service provided by GemsNY - after initially dealing with the vendors in the Diamond District stores, I was turned to GemsNy as a last hope ... and I couldn't be happier with my finding. Their gems are quality, and prices are amazing. Above all, GemsNy will have my business exclusively due to the excellent customer service and straight forward policies. I highly recommend them!

Thanks so much for a great shopping experience, and I'm extremely happy with my purchase! LR

rachelm87
3/4/16

Worked with Vishal on a custom ring. He talked with me by phone and email to help me decide on the design and provided me with very quick quotes based on different options. The process was quick and painless, and the final ring is absolutely gorgeous, exactly what I pictured!! I would not hesitate to order from GemsNY again.

williaml94
1/11/16

My wife had looked for a specific ring that she wanted for Christmas and had found it at GemsNY online. She asked me to take a look at it and see if I liked it too. I did like it and agreed that I would buy it, but it was no longer available the next day. She was very disappointed so I called GemsNY and they agreed to create the ring that she wanted at the very same price that it had been online. The person I spoke to was very understanding and wonderful to work with.

He gave me an approximate date when he thought it would ship. We received the ring several days before that date and my wife loved it. Great quality with supporting documentation.

All in all, this is a great company to work with. Thanks for everything.

dannyv8
12/7/15

This is the first time that I buy a jewel online, and it was an awesome experience. I got an excellent gem at a fair price. The service was amazing and the product great. Everything, from the order to the delivery was handled to perfection. I would recommend GemsNY to my family and friends.

ruthieg2
11/5/15

My bracelet arrived yesterday and it is even more beautiful than I thought it would be. A little nerve-wracking to order from just a picture but the finished product is so gorgeous. We're impressed at how the whole process proceeded. Thinking of asking for another piece of jewelry. Thanks so much!

sophiad6
9/22/15

The prices, selection and certification are unmatched. My wife loves her GIA certified ruby pendant. I would recommend gemsny to everyone!

shawnk5
10/29/14

Extremely impressed with the quality and service from this site. I compared it to my own personal jeweler as well as other private jewelers and GemsNY was by far the best option. The gemologists here also took a lot of time to talk to me over the phone (I live on the west coast) and made sure I picked the right stone. I will always come hear for my jewelry purchases!

thomasm73
8/2/14

Awesome. Just received our fourth it from Gemsny. They have been great. Wife's engagement ring has the most beautiful sapphire I've ever seen. Two wedding bands. And now a matching pendant with another stunning sapphire.

Great jewels, selection and service.

Helpful answer

Yes, they are and I have not found any more friendly, professional customer service than Ernie the manager at Gemsny. For pure Burmese- Myanmar Ruby the prices indeed worth it. They list all information and if there is any questions, Ernie is there to help.

By Juanita A. on 3/8/13
Helpful answer

As of 4/18/2016, only gems over $5,000 will have laser id numbers inscribed. The number inscribed will be a unique number that we have assigned.

By Vishnu B. [GemsNY Rep] on 4/16/16
Questions? Get answers from the GemsNY staff and other customers.

12 Photos for GemsNY