US Government’s NSF

Categories: Books, Textbooks, Used Books
Tel: 1-888-646-1662

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

I have been charged $19.95 per month since May 2013 and received nothing for it. I did not authorize this charge and am filling a complaint with the Attorney General of Florida to have this scam removed.

Tip for consumers: absolutely do not do business with these people. Check your credit card and see if they are charging you.

I contacted this company with my Visa company representative. They had been charging me for 3 years over $700 at $9.95 twice a month. They said they had been charging me for emails offering me discounts. I never saw an email I guess my SPAM folder could have been getting them. I fought this for 6 months and then they said it has been more than 6 months so they can not give me a rebate. My credit card company said since BBV had my correct name, address and email they can not help me. Check your email, call and cancel, huge SCAM!

HORRIBLE!! They have been billing for almost 2 years $9.95 a month and I never authorized or know what the service is . There are a lot of cases I see online that had the same experience. I am going to consult an attorney for a class action suit. This is FRAUD ON ALL LEVELS!!! There rating should be a zero and should not be allowed to operate an online company

Bought one book through Amazon and received UNAUTHORIZED $19.95 charge every month until I discovered. I have filed complaint with Florida Atty Gen and I urge everyone else to do same to get rid of these internet $#*!roaches. I will find a Florida atty to file class action lawsuit.

I purchased a book in January of 2010. Did not know it was a membership club. They have been charging me $9.95 a month since then on my credit card, which comes out to $417.90. I could not find their website online since they go by I called and talked to a representative to get it canceled. I also got a refund of only $39.80.

One book cost me $220. I have similar experience with this company. Over 22 months ago, I purchased a book online from At checkout, I was instructed to click the box for their terms and conditions. After doing so, I was automatically signed up for a membership service. I was not aware of this and did not ever receive any correspondence from DiscountBookSale regarding the membership they dishonestly signed me up for. Unfortunately, they charged me $9.95 for nearly two years. After calling them, they agree to cancel my scam membership, but only agree to refund 3 months of the membership charge. Is there any other place we can complain about this? I tried to leave a review on Google, but it's not successful.

Hidden fees come monthly on your cc#. The fee is no $19.95 for no services! The scam is still running can call to stop them but they don't have to stop doing this. That is wrong on many levels. Seeking small claims court now. What a horrible thing to do to people and yes they are friendly up front but how many millions of $$$ are they stealing, such poor business ethics and they now it!

Same situation: not knowingly 'subscribe' to a 'membership', and discover one year later when I am preparing for tax return in Feb. The 'best' they can do is to refund the last 6 months. The credit card company is nice, but they can only rebut several 'overlapping' month that the vendor has already agreed to refund, so it does not help.

## HOWEVER ##, the security team of the credit card company is really helpful. I can actually cancel my credit card, and they will refund me for the earlier 6 months charges back; so I effectively get a fun year refund back. The credit card company is willing to 'absorb' my loss, they rock!

1. Keep reporting to BBB on's "LEGAL" practice, but practically a scam, since so many people are burnt. They can at least high-light the so-called subscription invite and even in red color so EVERYBODY CAN SEE IT.

2. DO BUSINESS WITH 'CHASE', USE THEIR CREDIT CARD. They earn my, and hopefully yours, BUSINESS!!

They are charging you $9.95 per month for a membership you are not aware that you signed up for. Canceled my membership and only got 2 month fees back after paying for 10 months. Stay away from this site

I purchased a book on Dec 20, 2010 for $19.53 which was charged to my card, but it did not stop there, my card was charged $9.95/mth for a period of 8 mths. This company is a total rip-off.

Be careful!!
They charging for membership EVERY MONTH without permission!
I will NEVER order anything from this store and never recommend anybody.
They don't deserve any star at all.

this compnay is a disgrace! I bought a book for my child in Dec. They have been charging by cc $19.95 for 6 months. I called and said they will cancel my membership and refund 2 months. I replied saying I know you have been reported to the BBB and demand full 6 month refund and to speak to the manager. he said 2 minute wait. After 15 min. of waiting I hung up and received 2 emails from them. One stopping my membership and 2nd refunding 2 months. i am also going to report them to BBB.

I got bit by these guys for $9,95. I bought a book from them and they signed me up to 3 "Clubs" Discount Book Sale, Rebate Giant and Best Brand Values. I called their number 888-228-5348 to Rebate Giant and was informed of the fine print by "Rem" who is in Manila. He told me he would refund my fee and cancel my membership. He also said there were no other memberships associated with the original book transaction

I called the bank to let them know and they found a second charge. Another $9,95 to Discount Books (1-866-707-5858) I called that company and believe it or not, I got the same guy "Rem" He swore up and down that he had not misled me about no more accounts. He cancelled the Discount Books account and said I would be getting a refund in 30 to 60 days.

Tomorrow I will be going in and cancelling the credit card I used to buy that book.

The thing people need to do when contacting the company is ask specifically:
What accounts were started by the original transaction? If you don't ask, he won't tell you.

Second, how many people have been charged without their knowledge, only to be hit with an overdraft fee because they were not expecting the fee.

Good luck

I've had the same experience as a number of the consumers that
have already complained. Its a shame because being an avid reader
they lost a possibly good customer with their scams.

We ordered a book from this company as they had a cool $5.00 off and free shipping for those first ordering. Imagine to our surprise that we were charged an extra dollar and $9.95 without us knowing or accepting the surprise charge.. We called and they were very rude and interrupted my wife many times. The rep read a script that we could get great prices. Do not order from them and check you bank statements.

I was looking for a book online, with little luck, and I ran across this website. They said they had it in stock, and it was at a very low price. Well, I was pretty skeptical at first, but then a good friend of mine (whom I had asked help for in finding this book) told me he found it on, and ordered it. So naturally, I too ordered it, thinking little of the skepticism I had.

Little did I know (and thankfully I'm a compulsive snooper into fine print), I read deep into their membership garbage, and saw that they charge a 19.99/MONTH FEE! Automatically deducted from the credit card used. A TOTAL SCAM! I found an 800 number and called them up and canceled my membership, avoiding the fee. I instructed my friend to do the same, and we were both very outraged. The person who helped me on the phone was very courteous and prompt, but I couldn't help telling him how underhanded this was. He apologized for any inconvenience, and that was that.

And the worst part of the whole story; they sent me an email telling me my book was on back order, and that it's out of print. Wasted time, money, and effort. Avoid this website at all costs.

I too was taken with this website. I ordered a book and then FIVE months later was billed (without my knowledge or consent) a membership fee. I'm glad I check my statement on a weekly basis! I called and they said they would refund it. I'm waiting to see if it goes through. I e-mail the Florida BBB about them.

I bought 1 book from BBV Discount Booksale (Boca Raton, FL) 866 707 5858 through Amazon in April 2010. Once they got my c.c. # they started charging me $19.95 every mo. I did not notice it until today 3/30/11 when I was gathering tax info from the cc statement. I called them and they would only refund 2 mos. To get back my own money for an additional mo., he told me I had to write a box # atten disputes. I have to spend the time to write and probably never hear from them? I said you owe me for 10 more months but he refused to return the money they stole from me. I called my cc company and reported them. This is not an honest way of doing business and I will never deal with them again. I hope this helps someone else avoid this scam and these totally unauthorized charges. They acted like they owned my cc # and could charge whatever they wanted to it. I gave the man a good lecture and I hope he feels guilty.

With so many complaints, its obviuos that this site scams people. I'm afraid to use my actual credit card on any website. In the past, 've always used a gift card to make purchases. There's a site that uses the same tactic as discountbooksale. I did not know at the time of purchase they would try to stick me with a $100+ bill. The offer was only for 9.95. I had 16.04 left on my gift card after they took the 9.95. They took it all, and had nerve to send a bill stating I still owed money. I never responded because I knew what I the site said the product offer was. I complained to the company I bought the gift card with. They took afee of 3.00, and 13.04 was put back on my card.

I bought a couple of books from these clowns. Apparently there is some box that needs to be checked or unchecked to join their little book club. If you miss it you're stuck with $9.95 a month for eternity.

they sign you up for a 9.995 monthly fee, that was suposed to give you that dicounted book

I bought a book worth $8.72 and ended up being billed for $379.05 over a period of
19 months.
When I called they were only willing to refund 2 months (each month they billed me $19.95 for discount membership I've never agreed to)
I contacted my credit card co. who was able to get an extra month out of it ,so I was credited $59.85
I'm still working on it to get the rest back with my credit card co.
I also contacted Amazon, because I went to them first looking for the book.
Never do business with DBS bookstores or BBV books (same company), they are frauds!!
I also contacted the Florida BBB.

Maria O.

They automatically sign you up for a trial service claiming free shipping and benefits but they secretly charge you $9.95 per month without your realizing. Do not use this website.

A total SCAM. I purchased a book via Amazon and these jerks tried to charge me for a monthly membership fee of $9.95 a month. I called 866-707-5858 and cancelled the so-called membership right away. I am reporting them to Amazon and the Florida BBB.

When you sign up to buy the book, they do not make it obvious that your are also signing up for membership which costs $9.95/mo!!!! Stay away! These books cn be foudn for much cheaper on other sites that do NOT require such a costly membership! Rip off!!!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DiscountBookSale staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 6/2/11
A: umm im kinda scared now i oredered like 4 or 3 manga books i think they will come in 5 days and now i hear about all this fraud and unknown charges stuff and i was wondering what i should do if they dont get here and or if they bill me for something i didnt legally accept to buy or pay for? p.s and i've herd a few good comments but what if ther're one of the websites agents or something help me im confused
on 1/20/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the DiscountBookSale staff and other customers.