US Government’s NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

stuartb55
7/22/16

Reservation for a Suburban in Honolulu on 7-22-2016. Got to Avis counter who said Auto Slash is "Scammers, Liars and Thieves. Would not honor the Avis reservation without us being a member of something we have never heard of. Charged us $800 more than what we had a reservation for. We called Avis 5 days ago and they verified the reservations.

mariamg3
7/12/16

As a first time user of AutoSlash I was not trusting the website (didn't know the website existed or anyone around me).

As being 4th of July holiday the rates for family Vans were crazy (too freaking high) so I tried the website and as promised, I got a great deal from a reputable company in the LAX airport (only one minor counter was I had miles restrictions a day, minor issue for me because I knew I wasn't going to drive more than 100 miles a day).

Autoslash send me several emails when I booked my reservation through them, the important email and the one that took some of my doubts away was a reservation email with both booking # for autoslash and the main rental company. With that booking #, I went to the rental company website and typed the booking or reservation # provided and I could find that indeed they had a reservation on my name showing the expected rate and the dates. I Printed that page and took with me (just in case).

The day to pick up the rental, we did encounter a problem at the rental company. In short words we spend about an hour arguing because the counter employee messed up something in the computer and didn't wanted to honor the rate. Immediately I called Autoslash, as being a free site they don't have live customer support but I left a VM and sent an email with the URGENT word in it as they instructed (THEY CALLED ME BACK RIGHT AWAY) one Autoslash rep was on the phone with me the entire time and they talked directly to the counter associate and then the manager. At the end, the manager was able to modify the rate and provide me with the rate I booked and everything worked out! Even after the week rental, when I returned the MiniVan I didn't encounter any issues!

Honestly, I had a great price and best experience with Autoslash... I would recommend it to anyone!

ls108
6/28/16

4 days before picking up a car rental that was reserved two weeks in advance, I received an email telling me my rental had gone up over $100 more than my original reservation. Fortunately, I was able to book my rental for an even lower price than I was quoted through Autoslash. How is it that the very online price I directly can get is lower than one quoted by Autoslash? To say the least, I feel totally ripped off by Autoslash and will not use them again.

kellyb105
9/11/15

Price was completely different from what was stated.

lyndar10
8/25/15

Do not use this company. I was sent a price that I accepted. Several days later, they cancelled my reservation without asking me and made a new one for me that had fees that would increase the price by $200. After spending days writing emails and trying to call their customer service number, I still have no resolution.

jt63
5/23/15

I attempted to a rent a car today on Autoslash. During the review process I was provided a "TotalPrice is guaranteed" price of $611.82. When I selected the Complete Reservation tab I was sent an email with a confirmed price of $2732.42. I then called customer service and spoke to a nice gal that put me on hold for over 15 minutes and then told me I had to call Avis to cancel the reservation as she could not cancel it. An hour later I was able to cancel and they would not honor their guaranteed price.

tiffanyp
10/25/10

I looooooooove autoslash! I can't say this enough.

If you're needing to rent a car, you just type in the location and it lets you select the type of vehicle you need for cheaper than you'll find anywhere else.

Not ONLY this, but if a cheaper price occurs, it re-books the same vehicle for you and sends you a new confirmation through email.

If you don't trust me, just google reviews on it! It's amazing!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the AutoSlash staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
8/30/13
Answer
ronaldr26
A: my name is Ronald REISS . my e-mail number is otisma1@yahoo.com..On 8/28/13 at 11:23am, I
received an e-mail from autoslash saying that they booked a car rental with Dollar for 11/21/2013
at a renral of $261.71 including all fees and taxes,, and return at same location BDL on 11l27l2013. I called Dollar and requested a confirmation number. They advised me that they had no reservation. Please help and advise me....Thank you. Ronald Reiss
8/30/13
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the AutoSlash staff and other customers.
AutoSlash?