Review of AutoSlash

Car Rental
support@autoslash.com

alexanderb79
5/2/17

Autoslash is a must use if you are renting a car. I have saved thousands of dollars over the course of a year using Autoslash. Here is my story: I moved to North Caarolina to work as a wilderness guide, my schedule was one week in the woods and one week at home. When I moved, I could not afford a car, and was not sure of a solution to my need for transportation when I was off of work. Luckily for me, Autoslash appeared in my life just at that time! Just about every off-shift for the past year and a half, I have used Autoslash to book a car rental, typically at a price between $80-$115 per week. The opportunity to use Autoslash allowed me to drive in band-new cars, trucks, Jeeps, SUVs, all for a cost of about $200/month, while also keeping my car insurance costs low and car maintenance cost at $0, even though I would drive from western North Carolina down to South Florida, to Indianapolis, Chicago, Princenton, Chattanooga, and all through the southern states. I am so grateful for Autoslash, thanks so much! Highly recommended!

cheryls92
2/13/17

I have used autoslash at least a dozen times and have saved money almost every time. While the initial price quote may not seem much different that other websites, if you register your reservation, they let you know if a lower price becomes available for your dates (taking into account any discounts you are eligible for like AAA, etc.). If you choose to accept a lower rate, you do have to book at the lower rate and cancel the initial reservation. I always then followup with a phone call to the rental company to confirm the reservation and be sure my frequent renter number is added. I just saved $100 on a 3 day rental in Alaska because of autoslash. I've never had any difficulty picking up my car or being charged more than quoted. I love this website.

ps you can register a reservation that you made yourself on another site or a reservation that you made through autoslash.

stepheng78
1/9/17

Autoslash rocks. Saved $170 for a week in Florida.

I saw this on US News & World Report and wanted to try it. As a test, I booked through my typical brand name car rental company for my Florida trip.......1 Week @ $466 (includes AAA discount).

Then I tried Autoslash. Their price (different rental company) was $380.
I reserved it.

I also "requested a quote". About 10 minutes later they emailed with a major rental company for $290 for the week. I re-booked it! AND, if the price drops, I will save more!

Super easy, big savings.

douglasm78
11/1/16

I decided to use a bunch of sites to get the best rate. This one pops up as the highest rated. The prices they came up with, after a half hour wait, were not anywhere near as low as several of their competitors. The other came up with better prices with a click, these guys make you give them personal information, wait for an email, and then come up with at least $5+ higher rates? So .....I'd STRONGLY not recommend this at all!

tomm1167
10/4/16

Ive used AutoSlash for about two years and take two major vacations a year and other misc. trips requiring a rental car. Last Spring during Spring Break, they saved me over $1000 on a two month rental. In November we are in Hawaii, they have our midsized car down to around $180 for a week....that includes taxes etc.

Love These guys.

sues105
8/15/16

When looking to book a car rental from the Savannah Airport, then the Burlington VT airport, for an August 2016 trip, I was met with some of the highest car rental fares this past summer... I started looking in May for rates, and everything was crazy expensive... so I booked and would keep checking, and if lower rates came out I'd book at the lower rate... who has this kind of time... while in this process, I came across Auto Slash... and their policy is to continue price checking up until your rental time.... so I kept my reservations, and booked with AutoSlash... over time my Savannah rental for 10 days came down a total of $125 about half what it was originally, and my Burlington 5 day rental came down $20 (however the price over all went up nearly $100 on Burlington rentals). In all cases, I called in to each rental agency and confirmed my reservation, and could even go on line and find it... NOTE: there is an AutoSlash reservation number, AND a different confirmation number for the car rental company... use the rental car agency's confirmation number to find your reservation NOT the AutoSlash reservation number... I was able to print my reservations directly from the agency each rental was with... all pricing was honored.... And trust me, since it was my first experience I double and tripled checked that this company was really getting me the best price... and it did!! Way easier to use Auto Slash than having to monitor yourself for price drops and specials. I'll never use any other form of car rental booking again... so long as the same service is provided. And when I had questions, thru email, all email responses were handled quickly... the only thing that didn't work was when replying if one has a need for an 'urgent' response time, to reply with the existing correspondences with all the confirmation info in tact, I could NOT change the subject line to say 'urgent'. I actually had to start a new email thread...otherwise it was very easy to navigate, and communicate. Thank you Auto Slash!!!

stuartb55
7/22/16

Reservation for a Suburban in Honolulu on 7-22-2016. Got to Avis counter who said Auto Slash is "Scammers, Liars and Thieves. Would not honor the Avis reservation without us being a member of something we have never heard of. Charged us $800 more than what we had a reservation for. We called Avis 5 days ago and they verified the reservations.

mariamg3
7/12/16

As a first time user of AutoSlash I was not trusting the website (didn't know the website existed or anyone around me).

As being 4th of July holiday the rates for family Vans were crazy (too freaking high) so I tried the website and as promised, I got a great deal from a reputable company in the LAX airport (only one minor counter was I had miles restrictions a day, minor issue for me because I knew I wasn't going to drive more than 100 miles a day).

Autoslash send me several emails when I booked my reservation through them, the important email and the one that took some of my doubts away was a reservation email with both booking # for autoslash and the main rental company. With that booking #, I went to the rental company website and typed the booking or reservation # provided and I could find that indeed they had a reservation on my name showing the expected rate and the dates. I Printed that page and took with me (just in case).

The day to pick up the rental, we did encounter a problem at the rental company. In short words we spend about an hour arguing because the counter employee messed up something in the computer and didn't wanted to honor the rate. Immediately I called Autoslash, as being a free site they don't have live customer support but I left a VM and sent an email with the URGENT word in it as they instructed (THEY CALLED ME BACK RIGHT AWAY) one Autoslash rep was on the phone with me the entire time and they talked directly to the counter associate and then the manager. At the end, the manager was able to modify the rate and provide me with the rate I booked and everything worked out! Even after the week rental, when I returned the MiniVan I didn't encounter any issues!

Honestly, I had a great price and best experience with Autoslash... I would recommend it to anyone!

ls108
6/28/16

4 days before picking up a car rental that was reserved two weeks in advance, I received an email telling me my rental had gone up over $100 more than my original reservation. Fortunately, I was able to book my rental for an even lower price than I was quoted through Autoslash. How is it that the very online price I directly can get is lower than one quoted by Autoslash? To say the least, I feel totally ripped off by Autoslash and will not use them again.

kellyb105
9/11/15

Price was completely different from what was stated.

lyndar10
8/25/15

Do not use this company. I was sent a price that I accepted. Several days later, they cancelled my reservation without asking me and made a new one for me that had fees that would increase the price by $200. After spending days writing emails and trying to call their customer service number, I still have no resolution.

jt63
5/23/15

I attempted to a rent a car today on Autoslash. During the review process I was provided a "TotalPrice is guaranteed" price of $611.82. When I selected the Complete Reservation tab I was sent an email with a confirmed price of $2732.42. I then called customer service and spoke to a nice gal that put me on hold for over 15 minutes and then told me I had to call Avis to cancel the reservation as she could not cancel it. An hour later I was able to cancel and they would not honor their guaranteed price.

tiffanyp
10/25/10

I looooooooove autoslash! I can't say this enough.

If you're needing to rent a car, you just type in the location and it lets you select the type of vehicle you need for cheaper than you'll find anywhere else.

Not ONLY this, but if a cheaper price occurs, it re-books the same vehicle for you and sends you a new confirmation through email.

If you don't trust me, just google reviews on it! It's amazing!

Helpful answer

Hi Rick, so sorry for the delayed response. Somehow, SiteJabber didn't notify us of your question. It's best to contact us through our site--we usually reply to inquiries within minutes there. The specific location you'll pick the car up at depends on which company you book. Some companies are on-site at some airports and others require a shuttle. Specific on/off-airport information is shown during the booking process for your specific airport. As for the price, reservations are confirmed and guaranteed directly in the rental company's own reservation system. After booking, our suggestion is that you go directly to the rental company's own site and print off a copy of the reservation from there and bring it with you. That will both assure you that the reservation was booked correctly as well as provide you with an ironclad document in the rare event there is a discrepancy at the rental counter (note that such discrepancies can happen no matter where you book your rental car, so that's a good practice even if you book through a different service than us). We do guarantee the rate on all reservations booked through our reservation system and will either work with the rental company to refund the overcharge or, if necessary, we'll even step up and reimburse you the difference ourselves. (We believe that our customers should never pay more when the error is not their fault.) If you have any further questions, the best thing to do is reach out to us via our website--we answer usually within minutes and can also help you more securely with your specific itinerary and inquiry. Safe travels!

By Chris L. [AutoSlash Rep] on 5/4/17
Helpful answer

Hey Bernadette, the TotalPrice is the total price including all taxes and fees for the full rental time as booked. So, the total would be $71.58 for the full two-day rental. I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, the best thing to do is contact us by replying to the email we sent you or contacting us through our site--that's both faster as well as more secure when discussing details about your specific reservation. Safe travels!

By Chris L. [AutoSlash Rep] 3 weeks ago
Helpful answer

(See previous answer to duplicate question)

By Chris L. [AutoSlash Rep] 3 weeks ago
Helpful answer

my name is Ronald REISS . my e-mail number is otisma1@yahoo.com..On 8/28/13 at 11:23am, I received an e-mail from autoslash saying that they booked a car rental with Dollar for 11/21/2013 at a renral of $261.71 including all fees and taxes,, and return at same location BDL on 11l27l2013. I called Dollar and requested a confirmation number. They advised me that they had no reservation. Please help and advise me....Thank you. Ronald Reiss

By Ronald R. on 8/30/13
Questions? Get answers from the AutoSlash staff and other customers.

AutoSlash?