American Furniture Manufacturing reviews

604 Pontotoc County Industrial Park Road
Ecru, Mississippi 38841

heatherm198
11/2/17

I bought 2 chair and a half recliners. Within 6 months they started falling apart and within 9 months we ccontacted them and they didn't replace them but are sending parts to fix them. The whole reclining mechanisms are warped and broken and the chairs are coming apart. Also the staples were sticking out everywhere in the back.

This is a cheap company that doesn't take any pride in their work and doesn't mind inconveniencing their customers once they get your money. They don't care about their reputation. It's pure junk and I spent my hard earned money when I could have bought something quality for the same price elsewhere.

Ashamed to say they're made in America.

thomast104
9/28/17

AFM makes the worst damn furniture and then won't stand behind their products. Bought a loveseat recliner that has completely fell apart and there answer to me was go back to the store and see what they will do for you, what terrible company backing

jm322
7/21/17

Purchased sectional made by AFM. Few months later the arm of sectional on one side just fell apart completely. Framing was defective. AFM 1 year frame warranty is worthless since they claim that any frame issues are not a result of normal wear and tear and refuse to honor their warranty or fix their shoddy craftsmanship. It failed while my arm was resting on it! If you want to spend a lot of money on junk furniture made by a dishonest company, then AFM is for you. BEWARE!!!

waynej29
4/15/17

I purchased 3 pieces from BIG Lots! All have recliners. The couch is 2 recliners oversized and the are very poorly constructed. The oversized chiar hasn't broke yet but it's barely used because it's so uncomfortable when in the reclining position. Actually all of the recliners are uncomfortable very uncomfortable in the reclining position. There is a wood beam that cuts into your back when reclined on all 3 pieces! I'm very unsatisfied with the quality. I paid over $2000 on all 3 pieces! I'll never buy furniture from this company again!
Thanks
Wayne Jackson
865-250-4962

tiffanyl41
2/17/17

I'm e -mailing you again,about the purchase of a new couch I have made recently. I have pictures that I would love for you to see. The arms are in 5 sections and the end of one was broke not once but twice.. I am in the process of contacting for 2 news. thanks

suef26
1/31/17

First $25 K table came in months late in wrong boring stain color And top was scratched up.
Second 40 K table came in weeks late and still wrong boring stain color

melissam168
1/7/17

It's Junk!! Just got a sectional that we waited two months for 2 of 4 toss pillows have holes and one the seam is inside out. Big hole in the seam and staple showing at the front of the couch! JUNK. Ashamed it's American made!

janeeni
12/4/16

I purchased an AFM recliner from Big Lots last year. Within a few months, one side of the chair's frame came apart. I stuff pillows along the sides to make it useable but it is very disappointing. I will not purchase from this company again.

raneeb
10/4/16

I bought a couch loveseat and chair after 1 year all the springs in the cushions started to pop through and the material is worn through i purchased all 3 pieces at jc pennys and they told me it was a manufactoring problem and wouldn't have anything to do with it so now I'm stuck because it's out of warrenty i will never buy another american manufactoring products again and i will not recommend this company to anyone

kayer3
4/20/16

We purchased a red sofa and love seat in bonded leather from JMP Furniture in Gulfport MS. The furniture was made by American. The first set was damaged and replaced by JMP. They were very cooperative but it did take a long time to get a new set. The 2nd love seat was damaged. Again replaced in time but not timely fashion. The 3rd love seat lasted awhile when the color started coming off and the seat on one side bunched up where you sit. The other seat on the other side broke down. Yet another love seat was delivered with damage of cuts & scrapes and the color is wearing off. Now a completely different set is supposed to be delivered in a different fabric and color that we agreed to. We are being told that there is no warranty on this furniture and JMP wanted us to pay the delivery charge. JMP Furniture said the original set we purchased was discontinued because there was so much trouble with the fabric. American advertised it's quality furniture. NOT TRUE!! Do not buy their brand.

randyj10
5/11/15

Several months ago I decided to buy a new recliner to replace my still comfortable but well worn favorite which was almost 20 years old. After weeks of looking and pricing I decided on a Model 9460 "Sharpei Chocolate" model from American furniture Manufacturing Company in Mississippi. My previous chair was leather, but the comfort of the model 9460 won me over. I can't recall a rocker-recliner that compares with it in overall comfort. The price was also enticing at about half that of a similar model from a better known manufacturer. The chair is solidly built and the reclining mechanism is smooth and silent. The warranty is comparable to big name models. After several months of daily use I believe it was a good investment. After about a month, the chair developed an annoying 'squeak' when rocking. Investigating, I discovered that the screws on each end of a lower stabilizing board (behind the foot rest) were not fully tightened down. Also, there was not enough glue on the ends which allowed the board to rub against the adjoining wood surface, creating the squeak. A dab of wood glue and torquing the screws did the trick. While I had the chair turned over, I took the opportunity for a close look at the workmanship. Quality of material and attention to detail is impressive. While I haven't seen other recliners by American Furniture in quite this much detail, this particular chair appears to be as well constructed as any I've seen, including top name expensive models. Of course, time will tell. But if I had to buy another recliner today I would look at American Furniture's offerings.

Update: As of March 17, 2017 (2 years) the recliner is still strong, quiet and comfortable. I use it every day and it's holding up very well.

Questions? Get answers from the American Furniture Manufacturing staff and other customers.

American Furniture Manufacturing?