Review of WineExpress

Tel: +1-800-962-8463
bjackson@wineenthusiast.net

lindseyg27
1/24/19
• Updated review

I wrote a review a few days ago about having to fight for a refund with WineExpress. I had ordered a $130 wine gift basket for a client. When it arrived, it was like $10 worth of Ghiradelli chocolate. No wine. No snacks. I had to contact their customer service multiple times just to get someone to respond to me. After I sent them a picture of what I received, they responded a few days later saying they would issue a refund. That was like 2 weeks ago. They FINALLY refunded my money. So, while I still do not suggest dealing with them, at the end of the day they eventually did the right thing.

“Scam”
1/21/19
• Previous review

This company is a scam. I was asked to order a nice wine gift basket for a client for the New Year. I ordered one that was about $120. It had 3 bottles of wine, a bunch of snacks and some chocolate. First of all, when it shipped, there was no tracking information. Any business these days will absolutely give you tracking with an order of that amount. Second, when it arrived it was a tiny mixed box of Ghiradelli chocolates. That's it!! Zero wine. No other snacks. This box was worth around $10. I contacted the company immediately and said I want to return it for a refund. I didn't want a replacement because I wouldn't have it in time. They asked me to send a picture of what I received. I did and didn't hear anything back. I followed up with them twice over the next week and finally got a response thanking me and saying they will process a return. That was over two weeks ago. No refund. I have tried following up about 5 times since then because I am really annoyed and want to be done with them but now I can't get any response. This is a scam. They probably do this with everyone. Send them something of very little value so that they can't say that you literally stole their money and it was "Just a Mistake". This company is awful and I seriously wish I would have looked at this site before ordering. However, I was asked to order it as I was literally leaving the office for Christmas vacation. The site looked reputable enough with decent prices. I was horribly wrong.

billk210
10/16/18

Ordered Oct 1, it is now Oct 22, still on hold after 20 minutes. I think this is a criminal enterprise, period.

genes74
3/21/17

I pre-paid for an entire year wine membership club for one of my relatives. After 2 months they said they're cancelling that wine club and if I wanted to continue shipments I would have to join one of their "new" more expensive clubs and pony-up an extra $300.
The other reviews are spot-on. There is nothing Express about this company. Both orders were shipped very late. Their shipment tracking program has not worked for any of the shipments. If you want to talk to customer service, good luck. They have one person, Stacy Cabello, that handles all the correspondence. She is not only slow at responding but is an absolute moron when it comes to how she treats customers. I hope this company ends up going bankrupt for treating people this way. If you buy wine from them after reading these reviews it is your own fault.

Tip for consumers: Buy at your own peril.

lep7
3/4/15

I was ready to press the order button - $510 of champagne. I Read the review and will shop elsewhere. Thank you, but I am sorry you had to take the hit for the team.

roberte44
2/27/15

I placed an order for some champagne as a gift to a friend from out of state. I found this site and decided to order it from them and have it shipped to my friend. The order was placed on the 9th. I was speaking with this friend yesterday and asked her if she received the champagne I sent. She notified me that no shipment ever arrived. Now its the 27th and I contact wine express customer service. They inform me that because of weather no shipments have gone out. I understand there is no predicting mother nature but there was nothing stating that my shipment might be held up for 3+ weeks.
There is also no email notification letting their customers know of this issue or offering of a refund if the item was intended for someone else. I just happened to remember I had ordered it and verified they never shipped the item I paid for.
This was my first experience with wineexpress.com and my last!!! There are far better companies to make these purchases that have far superior customer service, o have customer service to begin with.

markr5
7/9/10

I placed an order with WineExpress.com, waited patiently for over a week, then emailed customer service to see why I had not received my wine. Finally, I got an email telling me that my order had just shipped (eight days later). After ten days, I checked with UPS, thinking maybe my order was lost somewhere in their system. No. It still had not been sent by WineExpress.com. Kind of ironic, isn't it - the Express part? Today, I have still not received my wine nor a response to any of my emails from customer service. According to UPS, WineExpress still has not sent the order. My credit card was charged the day I place the order, though! There are so many wine sellers online. I recommend that you choose another one.

rodg
5/13/10

When you buy wine online you need to be sure that the company is actually storing the wine properly as you cannot see the bottles in advance and you want to make sure the shipping is also done well and packaged properly so the wine arrives in good shape. This company does a great job of shipping and the value is also very good. They have a wide selection of wines and if you sign up for their newsletter they send some good deals.

Good luck. I have contacted them almost 10 times over a month trying to get a refund they said they will give me. No refund and now no response. Scam.

By Lindsey G.
Questions? Get answers from the WineExpress staff and other customers.

WineExpress?