Review of WigSalon

WigSalon reviews

1809 1/2 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Tel: 800-262-8437
info@wigsalon.com

nmi
10/14/18

barbara made my buying experience atrocious. purchased two wigs for my mom's birthday; they arrived weeks after the order. also, the website is soooo outdated with limited user functionality. will never, ever, ever purchase from here again nor recommend to anyone. would give zero stars if possible.

michelled162
10/26/17

I want a refund! I spend alot of money on wigs! I buy one every 2 months $288 is a lot of money to me ! when I pay 30 for rush shipping I exspect it rushed! I have called and been waiting by the door hoping it comes! I am very very disappointed in the costomer service .. when I call the explanation I get is its 2-3 days shipping after we receive the merchandise. REALLY! I want my money back!

kayd156
5/31/17

I bought a wig and chose the color from both the color samples and the pictures. The frosting/highlights shown in the pictures were almost totally missing from the wig, making it way too dark. I exchanged it for another, choosing a lighter color, but the frosting/highlights were missing from the 2nd wig also. They would not let me return the 2nd one, although it was their fault that the wigs did not match the color samples or pictures. Buy somewhere else! You have enough to deal with from losing your hair to chemo, without having anything to do with this company.

sandrad78
1/14/17

Having never worn wigs I was already distressed at losing my hair. My aunt recommended this website and I found and ordered a Gabor and a Noriko wig. I had a different shipping addressed than my credit card and Barbara wrote an email to make sure the card was indeed mine. I'm a senior citizen and so appreciated that extra service. The wigs arrived and were just as expected. The color and style were very natural looking and I feel very confident wearing them. Would I buy from this company again - YOU BET.

jennifere44
10/2/16

I have tried to return a wig that I never wore because I didn't like the style. The company has been totally unresponsive to email requests for a return authorization. I tried numerous email requests and have got no satisfaction.

eunicea3
7/7/16

I have been buying wigs from wigsalon for years. Probably over thirty wigs. Always great service and even though I live in New Zealand, they only take about two or three weeks to arrive. I've never had any problems. I love this site and their gorgeous wigs. Im happy to continue purchasing from them. More than satisfied.

hazelg8
6/25/16

I will never shop here again. Purchased a wig but it never arrived. My e mails were ignored. Wigsalon have effectively robbed me of 100 dollars. How can a company be so cruel ?

shirleyd36
6/23/16

I wanted to return a wig and although I didn't see it on the website prior to purchase and I looked, I was told wigs over $150 can only be exchanged.
I don't want to exchange anything from a company with such horrible service.
The wig looked nothing like the photo which is why I wanted to return it. I have been a customer for years but never again. Wigs.com is much better.

pr2702
3/30/16

Recently purchased a wig from WigSalon and the experience has not been pleasant. My biggest complaint among many is their return process. I am trying to return a wig by following their process and emailing them for a Return Authorization...but no response back from them. I've sent several emails but have heard nothing. I have called too, but their phone doesn't even ring on the other end. When I received the wig, it didn't contain an invoice, so I have nothing to identify the wig if I decide to send it back without an RA. If I type up something and send the package back, I have a feeling it will disappear into oblivion.

debc18
1/26/16

This is absolutely the worst site for wigs. I bought several from them because of the low price but you get what you pay for. They all looked like the ones they couldn't get rid of. Thin hair and two were mono tops and you could see the cap through the hair it was so thin. There customer service is terrible. I placed and order and was told that I could only send my purchase to the address on the card. Well that doesn't work since I have 2 houses and never live at the other one. I ordered one wig and it said it ships in 1 to 3 days then on the 5th day I got an email saying it was on back order. I told them to cancel my order and never got a response until after I notified my credit card company. I just do not trust them. I think they are scam artists and now I will only shop at Vogue Wigs. They are absolutely the BEST. So if you want the best pass on The Wig Salon and go to Vogue you'll be glad you did!

maryt96
11/3/15

i have been ordered from them for many years. I have a favorite brand, style, color but occasionally, I stray. I have never had a problem with the Wig Salom and I have ordered from several others companies over the years as well. Sometimes when you get notice of a "big sale" -- even the brand I wear, the sale price is the normal price I pay. But, having said that, the price is usually cheaper than the other competitor companies even when they are having a big sale. . I have not had a problem nor with customer service.

melissau5
10/20/15

Purchased 3 @ $55.00 /wig. Wanted to return 2 of 3 but they will only give me refund on one minus a restocking fee and store credit for the other. Received the one I'm keeping two weeks before other 2 arrived. But my card was charged for full amount the initial day of purchase not shipping date. This company needs to catch up. Look elsewhere please.

loril18
6/10/15

I have been ordering wigs for 5-6 years now. Always excellent service and great values
Lori

janicem16
4/22/15

I have had a nightmare of an experience with this company and am currently being "blackmailed" to edit/delete my review of this company. I have paid a grand total of $105.74 in an effort to buy a Noriko Reese wig. Although we had an agreement regarding the Gabor Gala wig (referenced below in my original review), and I paid an additional $22.95 to exchange the wig for Noriko Reese, I am now told that they will not ship the item unless I delete my review regarding my truthful experience with their company. The following paragraph is my original review Wigslaon.com. Following that paragraph, I am copying/pasting actual emails between myself and Joe (the owner of Wigsalon.com) and Barbara (customer service rep). As you will be able to see, every time we have an agreement, he changes the stipulations of the agreement. WIGSALON.COM AND JOE ESTE HAVE NO INTEGRITY WHATSOEVER!

Original review: I received a Gabor Gala wig in a beat up box with no plastic, net or tags, and immediately contacted Wigsalon to let them know that I was not pleased with the wig and would be exchanging it for another wig. I received instruction on how to return the wig for exchange. The exchange instructions said to return the item with all packaging and tags attached...however, there were no tags or packaging...other than the beat up box. i returned the wig exactly as I had received it within the time frame mandated by them. When they received the wig back, they refused my exchange because there was no tag attached. I explained that the wig had no tag when I received it 7 days ago, so I could not mail something back to them that I never received. The company is refusing to exchange my wig or refund my money. I have done business for many years with Name Brand Wigs and have always been extremely pleased. This was my first (and last) experience with Wigsalon and I ordered from them only because this particular wig was on clearance at a good price on their site. I will not be doing any more business with this company and am working with my bank to recoup my purchase price since they are refusing my exchange. Save yourself a disappointment, as well as a headache and buy elsewhere. Name Brand Wigs is a class act company which can be trusted.

Actual emails:

To Barbara - WigSalon.com Apr 16 at 6:49 AM
Hello Barbara,
I have returned the Gabor wig by USPS priority mail. Tracking # is 9405503699300034147985. Please let me know the next step in completing the exchange for a Noriko "Reese" in Nutmeg-F.

Barbara - WigSalon.com
To janice m Apr 16 at 9:41 AM
Janice,
Your file has been forwarded to my supervisor. Please wait to hear from Joe.

To janice m Apr 17 at 1:33 AM
If you want REESE in NUTMEG F ...its $104
you paid $77
ship is $12.95 ...
its an additional $39.95

janice m
To Joseph Este Apr 17 at 1:51 AM
Hello Joe,
Your site advertises free shipping on all designer wigs, clearance wigs, etc. You are offering to sell me Reese for $104 ($18 more than i could get at Name Brand Wigs) plus $12.95 shipping when your website clearly states "free shipping." I will not pay for shipping under any circumstances. I have filed a complaint with the BBB against your company and will be happy to resolve this complaint once I receive my "exchange" wig under the terms which you advertise on your site.
Janice

To janice m Apr 17 at 12:45 PM
i will agree to an additional $22.95 for Noriko Reese. You will see the e-bill for $22.95

janice m
To Joseph Este Apr 17 at 4:04 PM
Hello Joe,
Your invoice for $22.95 has been paid through Paypal. Please email with the tracking information.

To janice murray Apr 17 at 4:24 PM

thanks for that ..
this will get to us tuesday and ship out same day or next
you will have friday i think ..

To janice m Apr 21 at 11:37 AM
hi janice
though your wig is ordered for you ..
i still see your bad yelp up there ..
you have to take that down now

To Joseph Este Apr 21 at 6:15 PM
I had already made posted the Yelp review and filed a complaint with the BBB prior to our agreement of $22.95 additional payment. I will not resolve any complaints against you until you have delivered the merchandise I have paid for in full.

To janice m Today at 12:33 AM
i wont ship to a client who has a YELP neg up there

To Joseph Este Today at 6:52 AM
Joe,
If you are not going to ship my item, then refund my money in full. I'm sure several attorneys across the nation would be interested in your blackmail attempt and your refusal to deliver merchandise that has been paid for by a consumer unless your blackmail demands are met.

To janice m Today at 12:05 PM
i want to see no yelp - or better - this ...
"i selected a wrong wig, and the owner was nice enough to exchange and
price match for me at the same time. I hope to receive my new wig in a few days.
Excellent caring service."

Continuation of review...

Continuation of review.....

I edited my original review of 04/16 to include the actual emails between myself and Joe Este (owner of Wigsalon.com) on 04/22/15. I gave Joe until 5:00 p.m. today (04/22/15) to provide me with a tracking # on my Noriko Reese wig which he refused to do unless I deleted my review of his company on Yelp or wrote a "false/glowing" review of his company. Having the integrity that I do, and not wanting to mislead other potential customers into the nightmare that I have experienced, I refused to do so and had informed him that I would make public the exact situation that I have encountered throughout my dealings with him and his company.

Here a few more emails....I'm limited to a 5000 character post, so I can't include all of them in their entirety.

To Joseph Este Today at 1:42 PM
Joe...I upheld my end of the bargain by paying the extra 22.95. Are you going to ship my product or not? My revising my review on your company was not a stipulation when i paid you the additional 22.95. Are you providing the product for which I paid or not? If you are not shipping...please let me know. I'm out of patience.

April 22, 2015 1:47 PM, Joseph Este wrote:

take neg Yelp down and replace with something like this .."I reached Joseph, one of the owners at WIGSALON, and he is indeed exchanging my wig .. and price matching with another site ... when i get the wig , all my complaints with WigSalon will be happily resolved .. I think you have to "ask for the owner" to get great personal service at WIGSALON. At least he is reachable. I will repost when i get my wig."

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:12 PM, janice m wrote:
Joe,

Review boards exist to let others know one's experience/opinion. I have posted on Yelp only the truth about my dealings with your company thus far. In good faith, I paid you another $22.95 in hopes you would rectify the situation and deliver my "new" wig in a timely manner.

This has been my experience with your company...

I ordered a wig from your site...paid in full...received an apparently "used" wig with no tags, plastic, net or any retail packaging whatsoever which also was not a style that was suited to my face and one that I would never wear. I contacted your company within 10 minutes saying I was returning the wig in exchange for a wig that I wear year round. I returned the wig within your timeframe exactly as I had received it. I then was told you were refusing the exchange because there were no tags and would be returning the wig to me, and that you would be happy to sell me the other wig that I wanted. No one in their right mind would have bought another wig from you having received a "used" one on their first order. I posted on Yelp about my experience at this point and contacted the BBB.

Afterwards, you finally agreed on a somewhat reasonable price increase/difference to deliver Noriko Reese. I paid this invoice immediately (5 days ago) and then immediately received an email saying that the wig would ship "hopefully in about 5 days and that I should have it in about 7 days." It is now day 5 and your refusing to ship the product that I paid for in full unless I change a public review that I posted on your company. .......really????..... Do you think thus far that you have given me any reason to change my review or opinion???? I'm not going to be "blackmailed" in order to receive a product that I paid for.

The original amount that I paid to your company was $76.74 - received a "used/not my style" wig
Paid $6.05 priority mail shipping charges to return.
Paid another $22.95 in an agreement for exchange.
This brings my total to $105.74 that I have paid your company for a Noriko Reese wig.
This nightmare started on April 2nd. It is now April 22nd. I have no merchandise and am being harassed about a truthful Yelp review that I posted regarding your company.

I could have purchased Noriko Reese from Name Brand Wigs including shipping for $92.95 and had the wig within 72 hours, no hassles, no problems.

If you would like me to revise my Yelp review on your company, then I need one of two things by 5:00 p.m. Central Time today.

1) A tracking # for my package showing the product is in transit to me. I will revise my Yelp review upon receipt of the product.

2) A full refund in the amount of $105.74 by 5:00 p.m. today.

If one of these two things do not come to pass by 5:00 p.m., I will post other "truthful" reviews about my experience with your company on multiple comment boards. That is my right.

Janice

Final thoughts: Wigsalon.com practices blackmail in order to deliver their promised goods. They are asking me to be dishonest and mislead others about my experience. I would never recommend this company to anyone. There are numerous other online sites that sell great wigs at better prices including Voguewigs, Namebrandwigs, acewigs, etc.

ruthw15
2/3/15

ZERO rating!!! These people will NOT refund your money or replace the wig. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!! They lie, too. After asking the status of my wig replacement (having waited 3 months), they said it was, "on back order." I asked for a refund, gave them a choice to replace the wig with one of two wigs, and they have failed to respond.

THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!

deek23
7/26/14

I have been going through a terrible struggle to get anything done through this company! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! They are only in the business to take advantage of others.

I placed an order almost a month ago. I received the wrong wig in the wrong color. Emails and phone calls, back and forth. Now I am looking like the one at fault because I don't want to risk the chance of another mistake. What do they do? They want to deduct money for restocking fee from my return, although it isn't MY fault! Not only that. They say free shipping, but they want to also deduct shipping costs from my refund!

This man I spoke with, Joseph, is a crook and a smarty pants! He has caused me so much grief, kept my money tied up for weeks, and refuses to refund all of it. I am still waiting on my refund. I suffer from panic attacks and other disorders. I am on disability, and I need my money. Do they care? NO!

Save your money and don't fall for their so-called cheaper prices. They will cost you grief and money in the long run. I will NEVER purchase anything from them again.

ellew3
5/20/14

They have great wigs, but so do most of the other wig companies, also in Los Angeles..for example, Wilshire wigs. But the real problem is that on their site they claim excellent service, help and returns and nothing at that level is true. The person I ordered from was anything but helpful or straight forward. It was a nasty experience. Nor is this company really cheaper. If you want the same wigs, but with better service and more help go elsewhere!!

kimberlym24
3/17/14

I have worn wigs for seven years and used WigSalon for five years. Kept telling myself I wouldn't use them again, but in a money crunch I did. Screwed once again. This time the first one was obviously a 4th or 5th on the throw out pile, and getting a replacement was like pulling teeth. Finally chose a different brand, more expensive only to receive a 4th or 5th from that line also. RQW would not be happy to see me wearing her name, that's for sure, not that I will show my face out the door in this hideous thing, which by the way I can't return. WILL NEVER GIVE THEM MY MONEY AGAIN!! I am heartsick, bald-headed, and want to scream!!!

joys13
3/7/14

Returned wig for exchange over a month ago. Customer service continued to say it wasn't received although post office confirmed delivery. Had to email several times for status and was told not received and that I should contact returns department. Finally, after I said that I would get post master and BBB involved they miraculously found my return. I'm still waiting for my exchange to be mailed. This unprofessional experience has been a nightmare. Ordering from this company is no longer an option for me. Other sites have excellent prices and customer service.

genies
2/20/14

I have been extremely pleased with this company. Been wearing wigs for many years due to medical condition and have had. toning but excellent customer service and quality wigs at best prices possible!

samanthal11
9/4/13

The carry all my favorite wigs, ship faster & are cheaper than anyone else. Enough said!

truths1
4/28/13

For the most part I'd say they are good, because they are no doubt the cheapest with respectable selection. The but comes in when you are expecting the quality to be A1; I have a friend who is an amazing hairdresser and like all wigs you do need to go to a hairdresser, put them on and let them reshape for your head. Unfortunately 80% of the wigs I have taken to her (which I do buy a lot, having extreme alopecia I look at this as my compensating factor) they have been defective in some way or another. A $250 Raquel Welch wig kept knotting up and the reason was the grains of the hairstrands were facing the wrong direction. I've had wigs my hairdressor friend swears were previously cut and as they were missing chunks. I generally don't return them as the cost of all the shipping and handleing increases the price too much. I have just had my friend make me a totally different look. Though in the 2 instances where I really needed to return the wigs as the problem was just too much, I couldn't make them usable under any circumstance, I found it so flustering I've considered just paying more and going to somewhere else!
So if you look at the reason I'm suspecting they are so much cheaper is because they are probably slight irregularities (they just don't tell you this) than you have a choice: do you want to take a chance because of the price difference or not? and do you have a good hairdressor to work with whatever you get? At least this is what I use as my determining factor as to weather or not I order from them again!!!

katiej7
4/12/13

This site has gorgeous wigs. They have one of the best selections I have found. I am extremely happy with the wig I bought. I cut my hair short, and it is sometimes fun to have a longer look. The wig is very attractive, and it looks very natural.

haileys
1/25/10

they sell very nice wigs in many different colors.

barbaraz
2/16/09

Has Wig Salon dropped off the surface of the earth? - After promising to replace a wig that was not as depicted on their website, they have not responded to numerous emails. They just dropped off the surface of the earth.

Not an exchange but they won't give refund.

By melissa U.

We deliver exactly what you order. Every time. For over 21 years. Often people post their own subjective view of what they receive. That i s because people OFTEN order wigs they dont like - and dont know until they get it. For that reason, no department store will EVER sell wigs. People often don t notice that until I say it. I suggest you email me personally - diane@wigsalon.com - tell me what you want - we'll go over the color etc .. and we will get it 100% right. Diane

By diane g.

Questions? Get answers from the WigSalon staff and other customers.

WigSalon?