WelbrookInteriors reviews

Tel: 01482 655831
info@welbrookinteriors.com

vikip3
5/3/18

Terrible customer service refused to send a matching fabric to the bed that I paid £600 without charging another £20 in addition to the £20 I had paid for the wrong one all because I asked for white crushed velvet and my bed was flat velvet Apparently? All it said on my picture of the bed before I ordered it was white velvet and I asked for the same. I even offered to send back the original silver one they sent by mistake that I had paid for to swop, but no, they only agreed to drop £5 as a goodwill gesture. Absolutely awful aftercare, I dread to think what would happen if my bed broke and I needed to claim under the guarantee! Avoid this company at all costs!

Response from Hannah W., WelbrookInteriors Representative
We sent the customer "white crushed velvet" fabric as requested - initially grey crushed velvet had been sent out and we replaced this with the white crushed at no additional cost as per the customer's request. The customer paid £20 including delivery for this fabric (2 metres sent in total, only 1 metre charged for due to the error).

We would gladly accept the metre of white crushed velvet as a return but unfortunately this has already been used to upholster a stool. We have reduced the price as a gesture of goodwill on the flat white velvet as the customer had placed the order for the incorrect fabric (white crushed velvet) that has been completed.

We do operate a fair warrantee and returns policy, in this case however the fabric was non-returnable as it had been used and the grey crushed velvet in question had been left with the customer without a return request as this was processed in error.
sw858
3/13/18

I ordered a full bedroom set from Welbrook Interiors a couple of months ago and cannot express how happy I am with it. We needed furniture very quickly (usually up to 24 weeks) and Phil helped us with every step. We chose our own fabric and had it delivered within 3 weeks from ordering.

I will next be looking to furnish my daughter's room, can't be more pleased with the service or furniture.

jodyw16
2/20/18

We ordered a bed from Welbrook Interiors as we liked the look of the photos online, and were impressed with their responses to our initial queries. However, had we known what their after sale service would be like, we certainly would not have purchased from them.

The fitter arrived at our home on 23/01/18 to erect our bed frame. Upon installation, we immediately noticed a colour mismatch between two of the panels that make up the headboard (which presumably is meant to look like a single piece of wood). When we told the fitter, he said that we would just need to e-mail Welbook about this. When signing off the installation completion paperwork, we stated assembly only next to our signature to capture the fact that we were only approving the assembly task within our home, and not the quality of the bed components. I.e-mailed Welbrook the following day to highlight the poor paintwork. However, they said that because we had signed the paperwork, we had accepted the product as is (i.e. that our caveat did not hold any value). I sent Wellbrook the headboard picture which I have attached to this review, taken at night on a Samsung Galaxy 7 using standard settings, and highlighted how the picture they sent us of the bed, before we purchased it, differed significantly. At this point, they conceded that their picture (which was the basis for our purchase) was taken under poor light. They said that the feature (straight line down the middle due to one panel being a different colour to the other) was a thing of nature and beauty which customers wanted. We told them (in polite words) that this was nonsense. They did not provide a reply to our criticism of their justification.

During our first night with the bed, it immediately became obvious that the bed creaked significantly with the slightest body movement; something that has plagued our sleep since. Shortly after, we removed our mattress, in order to try to identify the root cause of the creak. This revealed that the underside of our new mattress was covered in brown marks from the oils in the slats. When I told Welbrook about this, they responded by stating that I should have protected it in line with their care pack. Prior to this e-mail, we were not provided with any guides for the bed. In fact, on the evening the base was assembled, I explicitly asked the fitter if he had any instructions available (so we could disassemble/reassemble the bed if we had to move it). His reply was no, but its not that difficult. When I highlighted this, Welbrook told me that I should have contacted them for a care pack if I didnt receive one. The driver did not give any indication that such a guide exists; therefore, I do not see why I was expected to assume otherwise. Welbrook said that marking like this happens with all types of bed frames with wooden slats. This isnt always the case, e.g. with pine; therefore, Welbrook should make more of an effort to ensure customers are aware of this; something that they failed to acknowledge in our conversation. Had we received the care pack, we would have read it and acted upon it. Now we are left with a heavily soiled brand-new mattress, which, as a result, has a void warranty. Welbrook appeared completely unsympathetic to this fact and told us they would not take any responsibility for our mattress and that the only option was to return the bed or they screw down the slats (to address the creaking, which by their own admission is a common issue among customers).

While the mattress was off, we spotted that there was a crack running nearly the entire length of one of the slats. A delivery for a replacement slat was arranged for a Saturday, which they gave us a 3 hour time slot for, starting at 7am (hardly a respectful time). However, the part they replaced it with was too short, so the delivery driver got another slat from his van which, not only was a different material from the others, had unnecessary holes in it at odd locations. The state of the slat gave us the impression that it was a second-hand piece (or unwanted offcut). Given what we had been through with Welbrook, one would expect to be able to at least receive a slat (hardly an expensive item) that was actually new!

Whilst the bed does look good from a distance, when you look closer it is evident that the quality is not there, something that appeared, in our opinion, to be deliberately disguised in the pre-sale pictures that Welbrook sent. Overall, our impression is that Welbrook have been devious in the way they have conducted themselves, giving a completely different level of service once the sale had been completed. They appeared to avoid accepting any responsibility for their shortfalls and instead continually tried to worm their way out of things, using a surprising array of excuses.

UPDATE: We have since discovered that if you have a new mattress with a guarantee and want to use it on a Welbrook bed, check your terms with seller. Our mattress was from a well known bed and mattress seller and was void as Welbrook make the slats too far apart, (more than 9cm), not to the required standard as stated by the National Bed Federation.

Response from Hannah W., WelbrookInteriors Representative
Within all stages of the order process we provided images of the frame true to life which show the colour difference in the frame. This is due to the frame being a bleached natural wood finish (it is not painted or stained) and the different pieces of mahogany can take differently to the finish depending on the grains and natural colour. This had been sent in various images (prior to upholstery when placing the order for the in stock frame, and an image sent after upholstery had been completed for your approval- we do this for every upholstered bed).

Admittedly, the lighting was not of the best quality due to the order being placed in winter but the colouration is clearly shown. We could not exchange the bed at the time as there was no other frame in stock and to produce another bed we could not guarantee the colour of the wood. A return was offered for a full refund as per our terms and conditions. The part of the headboard could not be exchanged as requested as this is not possible, the headboard can not be deconstructed.

With regards the issue with the slat this was replaced (the slat was brand new from a set taken from another in stock bed to replace the broken one. This was not second hand as suggested.) Care packages are given to customers including the returns policy and assembly instructions upon delivery, in this case the customer states that this hadn't been received but all relevant information can be accessed on our website or by request.

We ask all customers to sign our delivery note once checked over to confirm that the bed has received in a satisfactory condition. If you are unhappy with the product upon delivery this can be returned with the driver at no charge. In this instance this was not the case and the bed was kept in receipt of the customer - we do offer 14 days returns if you are unhappy with a product.

We are sorry that your experience wasn't as you expected. We had offered any options reasonably available to resolve the issue and the decision in the end was made by yourself to keep the bed rather than return it.
kayleighp5
4/22/16

I paid for a bed to be made this company claimed it would take 26 wks to be completed I paid a deposit then received an invoice 8 wks later stating to pay within 10 days and my bed would be delivered I paid half of it asking someone to get in touch with me as the email was sent end of March and claimed my bed would be delivered in February alarm bells started to ring I emailed them text messaged them rang them nothing, I then rang off my husbands phone and they messaged him straight bk he then rang them and once he said he had ordered a bed they hung up I sent a further message asking for a refund nothing I then contacted PayPal and my bank who opened a case to start claiming my money back then I start getting emails off the company clearly stating they were only getting intouch because I had made a claim I replyed stating I felt this was a scam as they wouldn't get intouch with me only when PayPal stepped in they replyed saying they don't keep customers updated as they have too many orders I have never had an expierience like it they couldn't reply to a call text email yet the second PayPal was involved they got intouch it doesn't make sense I am now being harassed and threatend with their solicitor for writing this review I have told them I have stated FACTS so I am willing to go to court

Questions? Get answers from the WelbrookInteriors staff and other customers.

3 Photos for WelbrookInteriors