Review of Weddington Way

legal@weddingtonway.com
2018 Customer choice award

lizk47
8/12/17

I had a really terrible first experience when I ordered from Weddington Way.
I ordered the Evelyn dress in slate gray in a size Small. Before I ordered, I carefully checked my measurements (bust 35.5 in, waist 29 in, hips 38.5 in). According to the size chart, I am a size small except for my waist (by one inch). I spoke with a stylist using the website chat and was advised to order a size small.
The dress arrived unceremoniously in a big, clear plastic bag sealed with a piece of Scotch tape inside a brown box. Dresses from Weddington Ways competitors often arrive wrapped in printed tissue paper or in a protective garment bag, but it seems presentation is not terribly important to Weddington Way.
The dress I received is a lovely, soft gray color and constructed of a heavy, quality fabric. However, as soon as I held it up, I could tell that it was not going to fit. The dress is ENORMOUS. It seems to me that this dress is a large mismarked as a small. (see photos)
The only way to contact customer service is through a text service or through email. I spoke to multiple stylists using these venues, thoroughly explaining my situation, sending photos of me draped in the enormous dress, and asking that they simply exchange the dress for another size small. They told me to get it altered, to return it and order another one (paying the $5 restocking fee and $10 shipping again). They told me unfortunately, sizing is not a perfect science more than once and that I should expect to pay for alterations. Why would I order another dress from a company where the dresses have no relationship with the companys size guide whatsoever? I expected to have to pay to have the dress hemmed, but to for a seamstress/tailor to shape an entirely new dress from the 10 lbs. of fabric I received.
After threatening to post a detailed review with photos, the best they could do was waive the restocking fee. It took a grand total of 26 days to receive my refund (from the day I sent the dress back to the day my refund hit my bank account)!
Do yourself a favor and order from somewhere that actually cares about their customers satisfaction.

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere else

lizm75
Liz M.
4/14/17

Review for the online Weddington Way: This is the WORST WORST WORST experience I have EVER had and I have been a bridesmaid something like 12 times. Any time you want to get clarification or assistance, especially through the live chat---you get a nasty sarcastic customer "service" representative who is purposefully ambiguous, and in my opinion, completely rude. My dress wasn't sent to ship for 4 months (yes you read that right, I ordered in March and it wasn't coming until June 30th) and I needed to make a size change. I spoke to a customer service rep via live chat who gave me the run around---long story short, the issue still isn't fixed. I HATE this company and I will tell everybody and anybody who will listens.

Update: 15 hours later. The company takes no responsibility for the mixup and canceled my order after inquiry on process to alter and order. I spoke with three additional representatives who not only blamed me for the mixup, but did not apologize or even remotely offer a solution beyond "you need to reorder". Disgusting.

susanp91
1/19/16

Weddingtonway.com has amazing wedding dresses for under $500! My Alfred Angelo gown is stunning and the quality is up there with Vera Wang, in my opinion. It was a steal!

susana107
1/15/16

Our coordinator wanted the groomsmen to wear vests and decided to use weddingtonway.com. They not only had great diversity in colors but also I was able to see how each color looked with my color scheme. Ultimately, I was able to get the perfect coordination!

nancyi12
1/15/16

My little sister is being the Flower girl at our Mother's wedding. Not only did weddington have a great selection of flower girl dresses, but we were able to find one my little sister loved. When it arrived, we couldn't get her out of it!

lisaa101
12/16/15

I had some issues looking for the right dress when I came across weddingtonway.com. Their search options made finding the perfect dress easy! Not only was I able to quickly narrow down my options, I was able to better learn what kind of dress I wanted and ultimately ordered!

karenj67
12/16/15

My sister is preganant and we needed to find her a dress. With her busy family schedule, we were able to take half an hour to find her a dress online. Not only did we find one she likes but we didn't even have to wrangle the household to go find it!

jenniferh156
10/31/15

My bridesmates wanted to see what my options were for a bridesmaid dress. Not only was I impressed with the selection, but also the options for each one. I was able to narrow my choice quickly and the quality was great when I tried it on!

patriciaw71
10/13/15

I was having issues trying to see which colors to put together. The color coordinator tool on weddington helped me not only compare but chose which ones I loved the most! It helped ease the stres of trying to wedding plan!

karenl102
10/3/15

We were throwing the bride a little party and needed to get all of us a little black dress. Weddingtonway had exactly what we were looking for. Not only were we able to get the dresses quickly, but they also were made of good quality!

lisau15
9/29/15

The statement necklaces from this site are adorable! I got several of them for my bridal party and they looked perfect with thier dresses and individual styles.

patriciaa53
9/24/15

A friend of mine wanted some shapewear to wear beneath the dress for the wedding. It is hard to find shapewear online. When looking at what weddington had to offer, I was able to find something she's feel comfortable wearing. Once we recieved it, she was able to try it on and loved how it fit.

margareto25
9/21/15

I love the new Gent Shop with all of the great tuxedo options for men! I almost got my dress here too. I pretty much found everything I needed from this site; thank you so much!

helenn22
9/13/15

I needed to find some ties to go with the groomsmen suits when I found weddington. I was able to match the various styles with the bridesmaid dresses. Not only did they offer a great selection from ties to bows, but they also made it easy to compare.

lindai7
9/8/15

I was looking for some robes for all of us to wear when getting changed for the wedding and as presents for after. I was able to find a good selection and diverse colors for each girl. When they recieved them, they were all so happy.

elizabetht48
8/17/15

I needed some bridemaid dresses but I was on a budget. When I came across weddington, they had a great variety with on- budget pricing. Not only was I able to pull off the wedding, but no one believed that they were lower priced!

margaretk41
8/5/15

Having lace for my wedding dress was always a dream of mine and found a few on weddington that I liked. After deciding I went ahead and ordered one. Once recieving, I was able to see how durable and how good of quality it was!

mariav54
7/4/15

I wanted to have a summer wedding and needed to find a shorter dress to go with the look I was creating. I found some nice ones on here. They all had a great quality to them and I was able to ship back the ones I decided against quickly!

jenniferc158
4/30/15

I needed to look for some jewelry to go with the dresses for my bridemaids and ultimately myself. I was able to find something that everyone would like as well as what would go with my dress. The prices were friendly and the shipment was quick!

sarahk66
4/7/15

Weddington way seemed like a really legit site and I and found that they had some gorgeous wedding dresses there. I was able to look and see their wide variety of dresses. I was able to find a style that I wanted quickly and easily!

jenniferw131
3/21/15

Who would ever buy a dress online? It turns out me. I was looking for a ball gown styled dress but one that was semi short. I was able to find the perfect dress easily. The styles they offered made it harder to decide, but in the end, I ended up with my perfect dress!

patriciaj38
2/23/15

I sometimes have a little nervousness with online shopping. And when I found out that weddington had a "Try it on" location near me, I got excited! Not only was I able to pick out the perfect wedding dress, but we were able to get it fit to my liking!

maryg129
2/22/15

They have luxury bridesmaids dresses for under $150! They are stylish, on-trend and they fit amazingly well!

86 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Weddington Way staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Weddington Way