Review of Web Watcher

Tel: -888-682-9501
support@webwatcher.com

kk30
7/1/13

This is a cumbersome, expensive answer to seeing what is going on on various computers. While the actual service itself is of value, the fact that everything is an "add-on" is a bit off-putting. BUT, the most annoying thing is that even after you decide to shell out the money for upgraded service, every single, bleeping time you log in to the account the first page (and sometimes a second) is a full page of advertisement for some other add-on.

Hey Webwatcher - be thankful for the services you have already sold me and quit making me scroll through you damned advertisement for something I don't need just to get to the service I have already paid for.

I will not be renewing my subscription when it expires.

erict4
4/7/11

This product requires additional monthly fees. It does not support Facebook in some web browsers. It will keep your data for only 7 days unless you sign up for a monthly fee. You will need to pay for additional screenshot once you use the minimal amount assigned with your purchase. When you call tech support 5 days after purchasing the product (because you've tried to troubleshoot yourself) they will tell you refunds are only available for 3 days after purchase. This is hardly long enough to find out if the product works!

gleng
2/3/11

Very misleading. They are out to rip you off. They have a 3 day refund window and though they don't say it, they charge $97 per computer. The reason it is misleading is their website states:

Monitor multiple computers from any location
WebWatcher is the ONLY computer monitoring software that lets you monitor as many computers as you want. All other programs are meant to monitor a single computer and despite what they may claim, cannot intelligibly record data from more than one computer. With WebWatcher, you can see computer activity from multiple computers as it happens or look back through all of the recorded data.

I am shocked that they don't care about clear communication or good customer service. All the online chat people do is say "say sorry for the confusion". I am not confused. I am ripped off by false advertising!

paulr8
9/30/10

Misleading, No support, Bad Products

kurtp
1/22/10

I have to advise anyone looking into purchasing any product from Awareness Technologies to look for their software solutions elsewhere. After you read my comments I'm sure you will understand and agree. Don't risk the frustration that I have--and will continue to go through with my clients.
I purchased WebWatcher in 2008. Along with the $97.00 for the software, the website recommended that I purchase the "Backup CD" and the "Unlimited Update Package". All total, it cost $153.00 but I figured it was great software (I had used it for, and recommended it to clients for years) and my family deserved excellent protection.

I have learned that Awareness Technologies is not supporting the software I purchased. There was no communication from the company, the software is just no longer functional. I had to learn this when I was reinstalling the OS on my family computer. I have no idea how long our computer (and the systems of the companies that I have installed WebWatcher on) have been unprotected, and what my children have been exposed to during that time.

The "Unlimited Update Package" was blatantly misleading--it's only unlimited for a year, which was not clearly stated in 2008 (it is footnoted on the web page now).

The "Backup CD" that I purchased is a complete fraud. on the shopping cart page as you check out, the following text appears:
"We strongly recommend you add the Backup CD to your cart in the event that you ever need to reinstall your software or move it to another computer."
The CD actually contains 102kb of nothing useful -- an AutoRun application an HTML file some images and a CSS file. Essentially, the "Backup CD", that was sold as a backup of the WebWatcher application, only contains the AutoRun program that opens your web browser and takes you to the WebWatcher homepage. No WebWatcher application. I have checked with my clients and all those who purchased the "Backup CD" got the same fake.

I logged on to my WebWatcher personal account to try to resolve this problem, because my copy of WebWatcher 5 has valid upgrades until 01/03/2010. I figured I could just download it and reinstall and be done. Not the case.

Even though I have upgrades until 01/03/2010 my software license has somehow expired. I submitted a support ticket and got the same response -- my license has expired, and they even included a handy link to purchase the new version.

I was not satisfied with that so I tried to call the 800-340-6867 support line and talk to someone. Not possible, unless you have paid for the "VIP Customer Service" option.

So now my only option was to try through the live chat support (which is obviously based in India, or some other Asian country). I spent 2 and a-half hours typing back and forth with a customer support rep who had no power or authority to do anything to solve my problem. He continually recommended that I purchase the upgrade -- which is not an acceptable solution. Ultimately he recommended that I submit another support ticket from my WebWatcher account. You can imagine how frustrated I am at this point.

So that is where I am now. Waiting to hear from another support agent about another support ticket. This is not acceptable for my home license and for my corporate clients, who trust me to recommend and support quality software products.

I recommend that you purchase any other privacy software other than WebWatcher.

If you are looking for alternative sources to computer security check out these companies and their products. WebWatcher is a good software product, but it just isn't worth the bad customer service, frustration, feelings of being ripped-off and deceived, to deal with them.

Vontu, Websense, SpectorSoft, Absolute Software, McAfee, Symantec

Each company and their products vary considerably, but with some research you can find a product that will work for you and be less of disappointment.

Questions? Get answers from the Web Watcher staff and other customers.

Web Watcher?