Review of WallaPop

13 Avinguda de Pau Casals
Barcelona, Catalunya 8021, Spain

chriss1120
4/15/19

after purchasing an item on Wallapop, I paid extra to have it sent with the insurance of Wallapop. The item was supposed to have been new, but when it arrived, it was definately used in the past. I opened a case with Wallapop to return the item within the 48 hours and they dismissed it, even though I went them proof that the item had been used previously.
There is no means to complain to Wallapop if they stop your claim, so please dont use this service !!!!

lawrences45
1/29/17

I only ever managed to sell one item on the phone app before it was taken down last year. Every person i got either falsified wanting the item, never got back to me or they kpt demanding me to lower the price. On the subject of someone demanding lowering the price i kept telling no but he insisted because he didn't get paid till the following week to which i told him to pay me next week then. He got all upset about it and threatened to report me for not giving it to him for a lower price (FYI it was a video game which was still $60 new and $50 used i was charging $40) I've had so many people asking me to meet them in a back alley at 3 in the morning or in a parking garage. I told them no public places at a reasonable hour only. No response from them after that (was probably someone trying to rob me and backed out once they realized their plan wasn't going to work).

I'm glad this app got shut down on phones because it had too many sketchy people on it or scammers. Too many people wanted everything for $5 and would start using threats if they didn't get you to lower the price and would continue those threats until you give in or blocked them (i always blocked them and reported them after the first threat) apps like these are dangerous and are only useful if you actually get people who will actually pay what you are charging other than that it was useless

cyng1
8/7/16

I posted up a bathtub for sell and got 20 emails that were exactly the same. And those accounts have fake selling post as well. I posted cash only and I got 20 emails about certified checks. Don't use. Here's a sample of the emails...
Thanks for your response .. I will be buying from you so please kindly
withdraw the advert i will be paying via certified check from my Bank
it will be delivered to you via UPS Next Day Air,so I'll need you to
provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of
the check to you.Your Full Name: Street Address: City: State: Zip
code: With Phone Number,and a firm price. I will make arrangements for
the pick up as soon as you have your money I am completely satisfied
with the advert and the payment will be delivered via UPS Thanks

Sample 2:Thanks for getting back to me, actually I'm not in town for now,I came
to visit my son which is not feling fine so i wont be able to meet
with you but am ok with the condition i was told as seen on the advert
( WALLAPOP), I'll proceed in issuing a Check out to you and when you
received the check and the check clears, I will make arrangement for
pick-up.So get back to me with below details for me to issue the check
out to you asap.

Full Name:
Address: Not P.O.BOX
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Total amount for the item
Phone Number: That i can send text
Item Name :

And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be overnight to you
and i will let you know when its mailed out. Thanks and i hope we
handle this in good faith while waiting to hear from you. i will add
an additional $50 so that you can hold it for me till the check reach
you. Thanks

Sample Hello
I really appreciate your response to my email.I want you to consider
it sold, Pls do withdraw the advert from wallapop to avoid
disturbance over the items and I will be giving you an additional $50
for keeping the items for me.I want you to know that i will be paying via bank
certified check .I will like you to provide me with the following.
information to facilitate the mailing of the check to you .

1.....Full name to write on the check
2.....Full Physical address to post the check
3.....City, State and Zip Code
4.....Home & Cell Phone to contact you
5.....Total amount for the item
6.....Item Name :

*** Note that the payment will be shipped to your address via USPS
SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be
responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you
have cashed the check** Thanks

robw46
3/9/16

WALLAPOP IS THE WORST...TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT ONLINE APPS LIKE THIS.

NOTHING BUT A MISERABLE experience simply reaching someone in customer service. I have posted the same ads six times now and they remove them for no reason. Ive sent DETAILED emails to them explaining we have been in business 45 years and are one of the CREDIBLE SELLERS. THE KIND THEY SHOULD BE PROUD TO HAVE & NEED ACCORDING TO ALL THE SCAM POSTINGS I"VE READ REGARDING THEIR SITE. Nothing I sell is restrictive (AS STATED IN THEIR GUIDELINES) and we are Top Rated sellers on Ebay (who most definitely have serious standards for listing). ALL I GET BACK ARE GENERIC MESSAGES AFTER I EXPLAINING THE ISSUES with detail and ASKING THEM TO POLITELY JUST GIVE A CALL & BE SPECIFIC WITH WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY ADS. Here is a copy of the mail I have sent....

"Nothing I've posted on Wallapop is Unauthorized or prohibited according to your rules and regulations...kindly let me know by way of a phone call why you are removing my ads. As stated we are one of the top buyers and most reputable dealers in the United States with accreditations most wish they have. TOP RATED SELLERS ON EBAY. Anything stated and posted on your site is exactly what I sell on eBay & Craigslist whom I'm sure has the same rules and regulations regarding its content. No issues with either. My phone numbers are below and I can be reached anytime please."

They are deleting ads of IMAGES I ACTUALLY OWN that include our Company business card & FLYER (Simply for reference and detailing the respect and accreditations our company's 45yr history). SOMETHING ANY BUYER SHOULD BE COMFORTABLE TO KNOW AND SEE.

I WILL FOR SURE DELETE MY ACCOUNT AND TELL ANYONE ELSE TO AS WELL. WALLAPOP ARE A COMPANY THAT CAN'T EVEN PROPERLY EXPLAIN WHY THEY ARE REMOVING MY ADS. JUST GENERIC BS. THEY OBVIOUSLY DON'T WISH TO BE REACHED OR DO ANY REACHING BACK WHEN KINDLY ASKED AND FOR JUSTIFICATIONS AND DETAILED REASONS.

I HAVE MADE A COPY OF THIS MESSAGE AND WILL POST IT EVERYWHERE I CAN Like: SITEJABBER.COM, TWITTER, GOOGLE etc. unless I receive a proper phone call explaining WHAT ON EARTH THEY ARE DOING OVER THERE.

YOU KNOW HOW TO REACH ME WALLAPOOP

Questions? Get answers from the WallaPop staff and other customers.

WallaPop?