Review of VarageSale

Downtown Toronto, ON M5V, CA
help@varagesale.com

hollym145
6/13/19

There is an insane admin named LeeAnn Matthews, who controls 90% of the communities within 2 hours of my location who is completely insane! She does not allow people who refinish/upcycled furniture to post that furniture in the REFURBISHED/UPCYCLED FURNITURE section. LOL!!! Why have that section then?
She if she knows you refinish for a living then you can have ONE ad in the small business section, stating that you sell refinished furniture, but NOT selling it in the ad. If you then post a discussion post, letting your followers know that you were asked to delete your posts but can be found in the small business section, she deletes that discussion post and threatens to remove you from the communities. Basically, all your followers or people who were watching your items think you fell off the map and disappeared. (No one checks the small business section!)
Funny thing is, no one can find her on Face Book or anywhere else on the web and her profile has no info. All the artists she has removed are thinking it's a fake account and she's actually a jealous, crappy furniture painter who just wants to eliminate all the competition.
LeeAnn Matthews - thanks for taking food out of my family's mouth and making rent that much more difficult to make each month!

tesm1
6/5/19

Bunch of power trippers. I agree with a lot of reviewers here. Admins of this site are all crazy at making their own rules!
I had it finally and quit vs richmond!
Too many cases to mention here!

elishas23
5/8/19

I've been with varage sale for a long time with many praises and many items for sale. They give you pathetic warnings for posting one picture with multiple items , all the same price. They want you to post each item separately, which I find pathetic and very time consuming. Pretty sad you cant post multiple items in one picture. I'm not going to take the time to take pictures of little items when I can have them all in one. I dont see the big deal. Thay being said, they have now revoked my account and deleted it. Hahaha
This site is garbage. People on the site rarely reply to your interest in items. Facebook marketplace is WAY BETTER anyway. Byeeeeee !!!

charlesb553
4/17/19

I got onto VarageDump to get rid of some surplus wooden pallets we get at our company from customers. I was looking for wood artist to give these to, so I posted them. When I saw that I was not getting anywhere I attempted to delete my account. I playfully said: "Hey dummies, I cannot log off." They sent some juvenile reply stating: "Our support team does not work with people incapable of conducting themselves appropriately. If you would like assistance kindly reply back using words that are appropriate for communicating with others. Starting with an apology for behaving so rudely. If you are not capable of interacting politely, then you can visit the help website and find your own answers, as our team does not tolerate being treated in this manner." I am not making this story up. Either their help desk is a 10 year old girl or an elderly woman checking emails outta some nursing home or some soccer mom who has her head up her @#$. Come on goobers. If you have an incompetent website that lacks the most basic features in accommodating your guests you will get messages like mine. Be smart and able and you will not get snarky comments like mine.

dannye42
3/8/19

This woman wont allow me access to purchase a guitar.. I'm stuck in a hotel and would like one to pass time.. she says I live too far away? Wtf I'm buying not selling.. a real cow Erika Lee.. this is why kijiji gets all my money.. first and last time I'll use this useless app

shelleyg27
3/6/19

We had an item that broke the rule of "all foul language." Many found offensive in our area. We were told that "this is an adult's site to shop we should just scroll past it.." When I brought the restricted item to her attention (and asked for her to clarify her way of dealing with the matter )she has not yet responded to my concern. It's was very foul in language. Not impressed. I think there should be easy access to higher authority. Rules are made to be upheld. That's how you play like true adults. I am from SouthbEastern Manitoba.

gozemineg
2/8/19

After looking for months to find the item that I need I landed on VarageSale by Google. I wanted to contact the person who had what I need but I saw that I had to sign up. I did it, but my membership was pending and had to be approved.

Erika Lee, staff from this site, contacted me and told me that I'm living too far from this area. I explained her that I was looking for months for this item and couldn't find it anywhere, but she send me back an E-Mail this site is ONLY for members of this local area. I also made the opportunity to buy the item and after delete my account, but it wasn't accepted.

Dear Erica, do you want people sell their items or not? So, it's not important if I'm from America, Asia or Africa, whereever I am from and I think people who want to sell what they don't need will be happy about getting rid of something that they don't need.

But no, we have to insist stiff and rigid to our rules. Ridicilous and backwarded! Stay away from this site.

bethanyf21
12/29/18

I have been using varage sale to buy and sell household items for years. Sure, you're going to run into problems every now and then, seems all communities are not the same. Ours is run by very helpful admins, they just expect you to read and know the rules. Pretty easy if you don't try to skirt around the rules and aren't looking to cheat buyers. If you're buying, make sure you know what you're buying before handing over the money. Its great if you're on the up & up, you can get some great deals.

richardc152
12/26/18

I have gotten top ratings and great reviews. Although they act like nazis and do whatever to push you around. They don't care about your rights and freedoms. They want too much information about you. Low shelf people standing on soapboxes.

joeb588
12/17/18

Tried for months to join this ridiculous site , first they told me my photo was not precise enough ( strange because some people have pictures of dogs on their photo spot ) then they told me there was no local site available ( I'm 8 miles from Regina ,that is near the North Pole ) then I told them what they could do with their site and all the DUMB rules they have I prefer Kiijiji NO STUPID RULES just look and purchase .If your not a member they don't even want you to view their site .Almost Like A Cult ????????

patriciag340
12/2/18

My daughter lives in a community that I visit often....I was not allowed as my address a different city. Not a good way to get a good market. I will stick with my Ebay and craigslist.

kellyp163
11/24/18

This app is a waste of time. It discriminates and discourages people who aren't "members of the community" and just plain ridiculous. Stick to offer up and letgo

christinah161
11/2/18

I have been on the Erie, Pa varagesale for 4 years. The group is a bit clicky. But my (& others) biggest problem is with an admin named Kimberly Goodman-French. I would put up a post to sell an item only to find that it mysteriously disappeared. I'm not perfect & make honest mistakes, but this girl repeatedly removed my posts without giving me a notice or a reason why. I would finally figure out the problem & repost my item. This taught me to save my work so I didn't have to re-type everything in over & over. I tried sending a message to higher-ups in an email, only to be told "oh well"
I recently put up a post for a yard sale. Not sure what category it should go in, I searched for other posts. Found them in 'Discussions' Kimberly repeatedly deleted my ad till I figured out it belonged in a different category. Thing is, why couldn't she just say that? & why are the other yard sale posts STILL listed in the discussions? These people are petty & create unnecessary drama, & are nothing more than power-trip women feeding their egos by abusing their position as admins.

faithd26
10/20/18

I tried signing up for this and I quit midway through, the fact that it is asking too much personal info for something that is not even important just irritates me. I started questioning it when it asked for a picture of my face that is going to be reviewed by an admin, but I drew the line when it asked for my phone#. It just sounds too fussy. Like why do I need to provide all of that if I am just going to sell some used stuff? It's not like I want to become friends with people that I sell stuff to. No thanks! I am just going back to kijiji where I have been for many many years.

hollym123
10/18/18

I admin for 2 communities, so I get rules, but this chick is insane!
She goes by the name of LeeAnn yet when you click her profile to find her on FB she is nowhere to be found. (This is for Southern Ontario.)
Anyway, I have ads for second hand furniture up in the furniture section. Seems sensible, yes? No, not according to her. She told me that because she knows I refinish furniture for a living, I can't post my second hand furniture in the furniture section (even though there is zero mention of my business in the ads,) and can only post 1 ad in the small business section. Um..... Ok..... I sent her photos of other ads from people and said, "How do you know these french doors were not originally a light stain and the owner has restained them, is now selling them and is, therefore, making money?" That would be a business. Just because you know what I do for a living, is no reason to ban my posts. Unless....... she's also a furniture refinisher and doesn't want the competition? She has now banned a handful of people that I know of - alllll furniture refinishers. She either failed the police academy and gets her jollies being an insane admin, or she's a furniture artists who knows she sucks and doesn't want the competition around. Either way, it's a dying platform. Lyst is much better!

jamiep143
10/17/18

I had issues with people not meeting, so I contacted the admin who did nothing about people, and when I complained of the lack of action, the admin sent me a link to delete my account and then made it so I couldn't respond back.

randyd89
10/14/18

First time user and placed four ads which included a website reference to set up an electronic hockey team ticket manager so I could facilitate sending tickets to a buyer. Adminstrator came on and said you can't have this reference and deleted all the ads. When I tried to explain it was an honest mistake and suggested a warning the first time and that I was happy to make things right I get this you signed up and clicked to join, and the rules clearly state... you are wrong and I'm right...blah blah blah. Not great a great experience. Will stick to kijijii and not provide any positive feedback about this app to any friends and family.

lizzyb9
10/2/18

This app should be taken down!!! The rules are ridiculous not worth your time and energy. There are better sites out there that don't steal your private info.. administrative can read and share any of your private messages. BS BE WEARY of this site.

kenk181
9/28/18

Complete waste of time ,have to give them everything except my left nut , just to view items for sale . They can pack it in , where is my Kijiji ?

br83
8/11/18

The rules are stupid. Made an error with them and then proceeded to be attacked by the buyer, blocked them. The. Started getting messages from friends. What you get on varage sale is a lot of overpriced junk, combined with a bunch of nazi housewives that spaz out....just not worth the headache.

ras6
8/11/18

Removed muy honest, but negative review when a seller lied about the quality and quantity of a lot of kids clothes. The moderator then blocked me from that seller so I couldn't comment. Seller basically said I should have looked through everything first and varage sale rules echo the same attitude. Yuck!

heatherl173
7/26/18

I asked a simple question and it turned into a passive aggressive email attack. The arrogance was shocking. And when I asked the woman on help desk to stop sending me emails she didn't listen. Terrible customer service.

The site itself needs improvement it's time consuming to post stuff, pictures look awful. It's just not very user friendly. There are deffinately better platforms out there for selling your stuff.

davids1708
7/6/18

I only want to see ads from my area, but VarageSale shows stuff from far away. There should be more control over communities, crossposting, or whatever.

loris366
6/10/18

Don't like the lack of settings. Particularly that I have an area I signed up for but when I click on 'ad' the area to meet seller is VERY far away. Location isn't even under picture anywhere causing frusteration and lots of clicking on items too far away

virgc
5/17/18

How hard is it to have an option to e-mail or phone seller? It irritates me that I can not contact seller.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

this is stupid she read all my messages.. my family has all been told as well as friends and all I hear in return in negative crap about this app and the power hungry control freaks behind it as admins.. only women could screw up a site.. thank God for unjudgenental kijiji

By Danny E.

Questions? Get answers from the VarageSale staff and other customers.

3 Photos for VarageSale