USPS

USPS

USPS has a consumer rating of 1.67 stars from 9 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about USPS most frequently mention post office problems. USPS ranks 175th among Shipping sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 14.3%
How would you rate USPS?

“Great service, great employees!”

Julie Y.
7/8/20

I love the US Postal Service! They go where other carriers do not. Some of the other carriers actually turn over their items to the USPS because they will always deliver them. I have always gotten great, affordable service.

“The only dept who can tell you where your packages are, is the insuarnce department”

F W.
10/27/20

It took 2 weeks to transfer a piece of mail from one office to another just 5 miles away. Usually took 1-2 months to reach destination. Always lost track of packages. They cannot locate where your mails or packages are, until you file insuarance complaint.

fw28
October 27th, 2020
cindyf28
August 11th, 2020
I dont know about anyone else but all I can say is that it should not take 3 weeks for a letter to arrive sent from a city 2 hours away.
I do a lot of auctions both buying and selling and I have not received 4 packages and 2 sent packages have vanished as well. Seems like they just vanish in thin air or still sitting in another state in the lost mail pile. Be patient they say, someone will find it and you will receive it. Really? Its been 3 months! Or file a claim my postmaster tells me. Kind of hard to do if you are not the one who bought the shipping label as that is required to collect the insurance money. Don't even get me started on the informed delivery. Every morning I receive an email telling me what will arrive in my mailbox. Last week alone 3 packages were to arrive so they said, yet I received zero plus missing mailpieces. I have to track each and every package daily which is a huge hassle just to keep atop of my purchases. When I see them just sitting around I have to put in a search request and that happens each and every week. I realize that the postal service may have issues because of covid 19 but to lose mail and packages on a daily basis and the time to deliver the mail is totally unacceptable. Priority mail is delivered not in the time frame of 2-3 days but at least 10 business days.
I try to use other mail services when its an option. I know that UPS will not lose my purchases nor take a month to process it. I use to think that they were slow! Super quick compared to USPS!
gerryd50
November 9th, 2020
So, on 10/29/20 I went to the Post Office to ship a package to an address in Florida. While I was there I was presented with the option to ship it standard or priority. I chose priority so it would arrive on Monday the 11/2/20. I checked the status on the 11/8 just to verify it arrived on 11/2. Low and behold I found that the package left my local post office and the distribution center only to find a delay in arrival. This message continued through the weekend. So, on 12/9 I called the Post Office to see what the problem was. The guy on the phone told me the package must be lost and he needed to submit a trouble ticket for the local Post Office to find it. So, there is nothing I can do now but wait. I called the person I was sending the package to and he said this is the 4th one that the Post Office has lost. So, it seems the post office is no longer reliable for package delivery. If I were you I would not ship anything via the Post Office unless you are OK with it getting lost. Remember the Post Office is a government office that is not responsible or accountable for anything they do wrong. You can't even sue them. My post office (Arlington Heights, IL) is probably the worst Post Office in the state. Even the news did a story on them since there were so many complaints. This is the Post Office that is supposed to find my package. Yea Right?
billys197
October 4th, 2020
I feel that I should first thank the folks that make this platform possible, it helps to have a place to vent our frustrations when we are feeling so let down & we appreciate it. Funny enough not even an hour after I posted my complaint about assurance wireless I finally received my email with tracking number! Coincidence? Not sure. Anyway I thought my problem was over, now usps had my package! Yay! I have been waiting for my phone for a while & I need my it for work. So I got my first email saying my package would arrive at 8pm the next day. Now I have received a new text every day this week saying it will be no later than 8pm the next day. Now their saying no later than Monday@8 again! When does this crap end? I grew up knowing that if it was an American company you could almost guarantee that you would receive decent customer service. Sadly I'm finding more & more this isn't the same country I grew up in. And to think they want to handle the ballots!
tedf86
August 11th, 2020
Today's Aug 11th I filled a claim on April 29th. #**************340 I had been submitted all entail from both parties. Submitted all evidence as well as many photographs. Then again in mailed letters, and emails. I a high numerous levels of evidence and correspondence. Never one response. I had called many times. With them repeating there selfs to send physical evidence to the Supervisor of domestic claims in St Louis. Repeatedly I did so. I even sent it certified with Insurance. Now unbelievably 3 months later the website says denied. Never a letter, never an email, never a phone call. It is very clear that no investigation was looked into on this claim. When there own plastic wrap is around the package states "We care" by the USPS acknowledging that the package was delivered damaged. Regardless if this is read or not. This is my experience only and this will go out existential repeatedly to every contact and availability that is available in social network. Not to pay additional insurance. Mind you the situation was before the pandemic.
lizzyh8
February 21st, 2020
You think we could have some control that it is a government organization-- (wink wink) ;) However, it seems that it is far from true or that you would think the workers have some ethics. My experience in the last two years is that we will get tracking notifications that a package is delivered and nowhere to be seen! Lately, they now give you descriptions such as "front porch" when a house HAS NO FRONT PORCH" LOL! So when you try to call customer service - you get an automated computer that has it the only goal is to keep from a live person! Hahaha! Just a clue- I got to a live person only by asking for an agent which was NOT an option!;)
However - I wanted for longer than 30 minutes and I heard the music pause 3x which means that someone did come on but did put me back on hold so it did not look like I was holding for that long. Aka- if their system records time for holding calls. Maybe we need to put our tax dollars somewhere like into a private service or pay people who are being truthful. I will be happy to give my money to fed ex or ups from now on because for #1 I know that their customer service I have gotten in less than 5 minutes and #2. I will get some results plus they guarantee delivery. Wouldn't that be a novel idea if our post office actually would deliver its packages without US paying for tracking to keep them accountable for their losses and STILL not get their jobs done? :( LOL
juliey74
July 8th, 2020
jerrya111
September 3rd, 2019
Misdelivered an item I purchased on ebay and paid for with PayPal. All denied me a claim including usps that delivered to the wrong address
janes171
October 29th, 2018
This website is nothing but drama, so is calling the 800 number.Do not make the mistake of using your credit card on this website or starting any auto debit, it will take you years to find out how to remove it from their website.Go into your local post office, they can help people much better and less drama.

Questions? Get answers from the USPS staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Have a question about USPS?