USPS

USPS

USPS has a consumer rating of 2.16 stars from 16 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about USPS most frequently mention post office problems. USPS ranks 118th among Shipping sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 30.8%

No positive highlights yet

• Pay a few dollars more & use UPS for parcels (still use the post office for letters, I guess).
How would you rate USPS?

“Good service.”

B J.
12/6/20

Leaves packages by my door. Friendly and quick delivery. I have almost always had good experiences with USPS. The only exception is "Sunday delivery" by amazon. USPS pays contractors to work for them on Sunday, and they are unable or unwilling to use the phone at the front gate, so they always leave a card saying they can't get into the building.

“NOW Just As Unreliable As It Was In The 70's&80's”

Tommy R.
12/21/20

Recent experience for many customers has been: Constant Delays. Unreliable Handling Times. Poor package handling. Unprofessional Employees. Ever-Increasing costs for NOTHING. BUT: "Oh, we can trust the post office with ballots for the 2020 election!' ~self-serving politicians & their msm lapdogs It was 1/2 way decent from about 1999 to 2009. But NOWADAYS: Get REAL! The United States Post Office hasn't been THIS BAD since the late 70's/early 80's UPDATE: The USPS was considered "a reliable source for the 2020 mail-in election" BUT an item I ordered in Massachusetts went to FLORIDA "in transit" & I reside in PENNSYLVANIA. There it has sat for 3 days. How "reliable" is this useless parcel carrier? UNreliable. Pay a few dollars more & use UPS for parcels (still use the post office for letters, I guess). If you wonder why I DON'T recommend FedEX... just look at my review of continuing experience issues with THEM. Heck... DHL is more reliable than USPS OR FedEX.

post office (0)
fernandoa120
December 20th, 2020

I am frustrated, disappointed, upset with Ups. I paid for something that is not what was selling. I want my money back. I paid global express shipping for next day 10am. It is the third day after the purchase and did not get my package. I do not need the package anymore. It was my chance of going back to business after few months closed due to covid. Now I am stack at the same place because of a company that I can not trust.

tommyr35
December 21st, 2020

Recent experience for many customers has been:
Constant Delays.
Unreliable Handling Times.
Poor package handling.
Unprofessional Employees.
Ever-Increasing costs for NOTHING.
BUT:
"Oh, we can trust the post office with ballots for the 2020 election!'
~self-serving politicians & their msm lapdogs
It was 1/2 way decent from about 1999 to 2009.
But NOWADAYS:
Get REAL!

UPDATE:
There it has sat for 3 days.

How "reliable" is this useless parcel carrier?
UNreliable.

Heck... DHL is more reliable than USPS OR FedEX.

Tip for consumers:
If you have something MORE than a "letter to grandma OR a Christmas/Birthday card;
GO elsewhere

Products used:
Whatever a seller sent on which I PAID FOR...which STILL has crap insurance.

bj131
December 6th, 2020

fw28
October 27th, 2020

It took 2 weeks to transfer a piece of mail from one office to another just 5 miles away. Usually took 1-2 months to reach destination. Always lost track of packages. They cannot locate where your mails or packages are, until you file insuarance complaint.

cindyf28
August 11th, 2020

I dont know about anyone else but all I can say is that it should not take 3 weeks for a letter to arrive sent from a city 2 hours away.
I do a lot of auctions both buying and selling and I have not received 4 packages and 2 sent packages have vanished as well. Seems like they just vanish in thin air or still sitting in another state in the lost mail pile. Be patient they say, someone will find it and you will receive it. Really? Its been 3 months! Or file a claim my postmaster tells me. Kind of hard to do if you are not the one who bought the shipping label as that is required to collect the insurance money. Don't even get me started on the informed delivery. Every morning I receive an email telling me what will arrive in my mailbox. Last week alone 3 packages were to arrive so they said, yet I received zero plus missing mailpieces. I have to track each and every package daily which is a huge hassle just to keep atop of my purchases. When I see them just sitting around I have to put in a search request and that happens each and every week. I realize that the postal service may have issues because of covid 19 but to lose mail and packages on a daily basis and the time to deliver the mail is totally unacceptable. Priority mail is delivered not in the time frame of 2-3 days but at least 10 business days.
I try to use other mail services when its an option. I know that UPS will not lose my purchases nor take a month to process it. I use to think that they were slow! Super quick compared to USPS!

michaela2657
December 19th, 2020

They are about as useful as UPS NOT very good. They always make up some kind of excuse as to why your package is late and it just boils down to freaking laziness. They just don't care. I get so tired of fooling with thes folks get it together usps and ups. Geez yall are horrible and lazy

juliey74
July 8th, 2020

I love the US Postal Service! They go where other carriers do not. Some of the other carriers actually turn over their items to the USPS because they will always deliver them. I have always gotten great, affordable service.

billys197
October 4th, 2020

I feel that I should first thank the folks that make this platform possible, it helps to have a place to vent our frustrations when we are feeling so let down & we appreciate it. Funny enough not even an hour after I posted my complaint about assurance wireless I finally received my email with tracking number! Coincidence? Not sure. Anyway I thought my problem was over, now usps had my package! Yay! I have been waiting for my phone for a while & I need my it for work. So I got my first email saying my package would arrive at 8pm the next day. Now I have received a new text every day this week saying it will be no later than 8pm the next day. Now their saying no later than Monday@8 again! When does this crap end? I grew up knowing that if it was an American company you could almost guarantee that you would receive decent customer service. Sadly I'm finding more & more this isn't the same country I grew up in. And to think they want to handle the ballots!

michaeln1119
December 9th, 2020

No issues. Everything I order arrives securely and on time within reason. Ontrac is a joke! When I have to go to the hospital to get needed medical supplies because of the incompetence of Ontract, great exception is taken

gerryd50
November 9th, 2020

So, on 10/29/20 I went to the Post Office to ship a package to an address in Florida. While I was there I was presented with the option to ship it standard or priority. I chose priority so it would arrive on Monday the 11/2/20. I checked the status on the 11/8 just to verify it arrived on 11/2. Low and behold I found that the package left my local post office and the distribution center only to find a delay in arrival. This message continued through the weekend. So, on 12/9 I called the Post Office to see what the problem was. The guy on the phone told me the package must be lost and he needed to submit a trouble ticket for the local Post Office to find it. So, there is nothing I can do now but wait. I called the person I was sending the package to and he said this is the 4th one that the Post Office has lost. So, it seems the post office is no longer reliable for package delivery. If I were you I would not ship anything via the Post Office unless you are OK with it getting lost. Remember the Post Office is a government office that is not responsible or accountable for anything they do wrong. You can't even sue them. My post office (Arlington Heights, IL) is probably the worst Post Office in the state. Even the news did a story on them since there were so many complaints. This is the Post Office that is supposed to find my package. Yea Right?

tedf86
August 11th, 2020

Today's Aug 11th I filled a claim on April 29th. #**************340 I had been submitted all entail from both parties. Submitted all evidence as well as many photographs. Then again in mailed letters, and emails. I a high numerous levels of evidence and correspondence. Never one response. I had called many times. With them repeating there selfs to send physical evidence to the Supervisor of domestic claims in St Louis. Repeatedly I did so. I even sent it certified with Insurance. Now unbelievably 3 months later the website says denied. Never a letter, never an email, never a phone call. It is very clear that no investigation was looked into on this claim. When there own plastic wrap is around the package states "We care" by the USPS acknowledging that the package was delivered damaged. Regardless if this is read or not. This is my experience only and this will go out existential repeatedly to every contact and availability that is available in social network. Not to pay additional insurance. Mind you the situation was before the pandemic.

brittneyk25
December 17th, 2020

USPS used to not be too bad. But here recently my orders have been sitting in transit for WEEKS with absolutely no update at all. I mean I know it's a busy season but we would like to know when we are getting our packages. Most of them won't make it here in time for Christmas at the rate they are going but I won't know because the tracking just stops. Mine has been sitting in transit and the Richmond facility for 12 days now - and I live just outside of Richmond so there's no reason I shouldn't have received it. I have had no updates since December 4th on my package. Others haven't even shown up from November and I know for a fact I won't get my last order from the first week of December.

lizzyh8
February 21st, 2020

You think we could have some control that it is a government organization-- (wink wink) ;) However, it seems that it is far from true or that you would think the workers have some ethics. My experience in the last two years is that we will get tracking notifications that a package is delivered and nowhere to be seen! Lately, they now give you descriptions such as "front porch" when a house HAS NO FRONT PORCH" LOL! So when you try to call customer service - you get an automated computer that has it the only goal is to keep from a live person! Hahaha! Just a clue- I got to a live person only by asking for an agent which was NOT an option!;)
However - I wanted for longer than 30 minutes and I heard the music pause 3x which means that someone did come on but did put me back on hold so it did not look like I was holding for that long. Aka- if their system records time for holding calls. Maybe we need to put our tax dollars somewhere like into a private service or pay people who are being truthful. I will be happy to give my money to fed ex or ups from now on because for #1 I know that their customer service I have gotten in less than 5 minutes and #2. I will get some results plus they guarantee delivery. Wouldn't that be a novel idea if our post office actually would deliver its packages without US paying for tracking to keep them accountable for their losses and STILL not get their jobs done? :( LOL

jerrya111
September 3rd, 2019

Misdelivered an item I purchased on ebay and paid for with PayPal. All denied me a claim including usps that delivered to the wrong address

davids5011
December 6th, 2020

Not cheap but better than fed x ot UPS. Alot of stuff goes missing. But its what we have to deal with.

janes171
October 29th, 2018

This website is nothing but drama, so is calling the 800 number.Do not make the mistake of using your credit card on this website or starting any auto debit, it will take you years to find out how to remove it from their website.Go into your local post office, they can help people much better and less drama. Also when you do complain they will claim the body of the complaint with the details you typed in is missing. You request an email response and they will call your phone avoiding your ability to document their failure to solve the problem they are causing/responsible for. They know exactly what they are doing. Like another reviewer said "no trust."They could easily gain the trust of customers by not being shady and obstructive.

Questions? Get answers from the USPS staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USPS?

Have a question about USPS?