This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

USBirthCertificate

USBirthCertificate has a consumer rating of 1.45 stars from 122 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. USBirthCertificate also ranks 13th among Birth Certificates sites. The most common issues with USBirthCertificate are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• Yes the fee is steep, but it's clearly listed on the main page and I got it in 3 days!
  • They delivered the birth certificate very fast, since we literally got it in about 4-5 days.

• Bad customer service is such a turnoff, which is the main reason I will never recommend them.
  • I have disputed the $49.00 charge with my credit card company -
How would you rate USBirthCertificate?

“5 yrs ago 5stars”

Joseph S.
3/11/18

I needed a birth certificate 5 yrs ago and had no issues My point of contact was Jeannette ext 241. I kept the # Incase I needed a passports. I found the # in my phone yesterday because I need my passport now. But phone is disconnected. Been reading reviews. Dont think I will go that direction. Anyway at one time they were 5star to me

“Birth certificate”

Sylvia L.
6/24/20

Bad service take more of my many from visa. I was way over charged. I will never do this again. Phone calls can't connect. Wrong numbers. I'm feel so stupid for not checking first. That will teach me. Don't use please. Use your state.

customer service (21) 3 days (6) credit card (8) 2 weeks (5) 4-5 days (3) confirmation email (3) better business bureau (4) 3 weeks (3) 5 months (3) birth certificates (3) phone number (3) order (57)
josephs264
March 11th, 2018
I needed a birth certificate 5 yrs ago and had no issues
sylvial110
June 24th, 2020

Tip for consumers: Don't! not worth it. No phone service. Can't get a hold of no one. E- mail forget it.

naimah1
May 21st, 2015
All they do is charge you extra for them to take the info you give them, order your document on the VitalChek website, when you can go directly through VitalCheck yourself. I wasn't aware until it was too late. I received my birth certificate via VitalChek with zero issues using UPS expedited shipping. The issue I have is the obvious rudeness and snarky manner of the receptionist and a couple of "specialists" at usbirthcertificate.com. They forget that they do this daily, and customers most likely are doing this for the first time. Instead of answering questions, they tell you "that info is on the website", yet the info is NOT on THEIR website, but is on the VitalCheck website, which is a different company. Again, a customer will not know about VitalChek until the order is being processed a day or 2 later and you receive an confirmation email from VC. Bad customer service is such a turnoff, which is the main reason I will never recommend them. The extra money isn't worth the service. They charge $74 (for themselves), then want to automatically charge $38.30 a couple of days later for VitalCheks' fee without making you aware before they charge your card.
aimeem14
December 29th, 2016
I'm not sure what all of the reviews about this being a scam are about, I haven't really had any problems with this method of receiving my Birth Certificate; HOWEVER, my complaint would really be about the amount of money it cost me to have it regularly delivered, and NO WHERE on the website could I locate any kind of warning or disclaimer that there would be two fees. I didn't rush it, I'm fine with the 5-7 business day delivery and such, but the wording is very misleading. I definitely won't be using them again should I need any documents in the future, but overall, I didn't hate the experience. I just kind of regret it.
randellv
December 7th, 2016
One other note about this firm: what they don't state on their website is that they don't handle birth certificate requests in cases where the person named on the certificate is deceased. That would be nice to know in advance, because there are situations where people have a legitimate, legal need for that, such as in my case where I needed the birth certificate of a deceased family member to document my lineage for an application to join a historical society. Because USBirthCertificate doesn't bother to share that policy before you pay them, you only find out about it 4-5 days later when they call you and state they are closing your request and giving you a refund.
ashleyb541
October 17th, 2019
Scam! Do not give them any personal info! They will take your money and will not send you a thing! Disgusting, dishonest, creepy, etc etc. It makes me really uncomfortable that they have my personal info.
gennyp1
February 7th, 2014
I did not have a problem with them, although it was very expensive. They charged me $74 for the Rush birth certificate and couple days later, I got another charge for $100.00. I tried to find out on their site where all these charges were noted. I found NJ, Emergency Processing $148-$169 depending on what county you were born in. And I did receive it as promised. They have more negative reviews than positive which is very unfortunate. Lesson learned, Im not losing my birth certificate again.
aw300
October 24th, 2019
Needed my Passport and BC because my Father died suddenly. They take advantage of good people, I hope they get Cancer! And Die!

Tip for consumers: Never Use this, I think its all closed now but just in Case. GO THROUGH YOUR STATE!!

mjn1
June 26th, 2016
I'm not sure why this site is getting bad reviews because they're great. They delivered the birth certificate very fast, since we literally got it in about 4-5 days. The customer service was also great. There may be cheaper ways to obtain a copy of your official birth certificate but not as fast as this company gets it for you. If you are in no hurry to get it like I was, since it was for an expedited passport, then you can certainly save money and wait about 3 weeks to get it in the mail using regular methods.
barbarap118
September 8th, 2017
Been waiting over a month to have my granddaughter's birth certificate mail to her in Hawaii so she can get an airline ticket for her and her new baby and paid $170.00.
NO ONE will answer any number listed. I have called over 10 times at different times and dates.
Are they under water. No service but they sure can take your visa money!
We can't even book the airline ticket. I am going to fax them a complaint and see if I can get a refund or someone to respond.
curtm11
May 14th, 2015
I dont know why all the bad reviews, it seemed very easy as long as you follow the instructions. The customer service was great and Brittany was very professional. It only took two days to order my Sons Birth Certificate from California. We received a email with the UPS tracking number and it will be here today. I am very happy with this company and will use them again. Thank you very much. And yes I am a true customer.
danyellj
December 22nd, 2017
My boyfriend ordered his birth certificate thru us birth in July 2017. Its Dec he still doesn't have it. He called to see what was up. He couldn't reach anyone. No email. No communication. I also needed my bc, but I ordered mine through vital check. Mine came within 3 months that was due to the state being behind, however they were reachable and were great at emailing me with information throughout my wait. Use VitalCheck
brittanyr44
October 25th, 2017
I ordered the expedited birth certificate plus paid for overnight shipping. My order says 1-3 day processing plus 1day shipping. Here I am over a week later with no birth certificate. It is absolutely impossible to get any customer service to respond. I have messaged their chat option, emailed, and called the number listed on their site numerous times. Now I am out money that I spent on a cruise that we will not be able to go on.
cynthiaj9
July 6th, 2015
I read all the bad reviews for this company and I just don't get it! I placed my order for a birth certificate from Texas as an emergency because I needed it ASAP! Yes the fee is steep, but it's clearly listed on the main page and I got it in 3 days! I though I was going to miss my cruise but they completely came through for me. I would definitely recommend this company to my friends and family.
codyn17
February 22nd, 2018
It just uses Vitalchek and charges you for both so they can keep money in their pocket.

Do not use
damianp9
March 26th, 2018
• Updated review
4 years later... no refund. No response. No passport. Got the passport through the normal channels. Came back to update because I got an email that reminded me about this situation.
Total rip-off
July 15th, 2014
• Previous review
Total rip-off. I payed for "express delivery" because I was going on a cruise. Paid on a Monday got a receipt from Vital Check a week and two days later that it had been ordered... Did not to go on cruise. Still have not received it.
tima38
January 27th, 2016
All of the people that left bad reviews did not read the website when they ordered. I am going to defend the site because they did a great job for me.

It's sad how dumb the US consumer is these days. If a person would read what they are ordering there would not be any issues.

This is a great website.
marvinf11
March 13th, 2013
I used U. S Birth certificate for the first time and I must say I was scared at first and skeptical; however, everything managed to get to me as promised. They communicated well through email, no complaints from me. I think if people are having problems with receiving there birth certificates its because of the state they were born in. I have found that each state has its own processing procedures in regards to how long vital records takes to send out birth certificates. I definitely reccommend this site!
wandas31
September 8th, 2017
This company took money out of my account and I have not heard from them since. I am very frustrated. No recourse! They got me for $49.00.
anthonyr124
August 23rd, 2017
I paid the company $40 only to have them send my information to vitalchek, which made me resubmit the application. I was told it would take 5 business days max to process it, but after 3 weeks I hadn't heard from them. I called during normal business hours but nobody answered the phone. I tried again over a dozen times over three days before someone picked up. They then told me there was an error and I had to resubmit something. Nice of them to notify me, right?

Don't waste your time or money, just apply direcrly through vitalchek
joshr38
March 19th, 2015
I was put in a tough situation. I sent all my information in for my passport a month and a half before I was to leave to Mexico for Spring Break. Two weeks before we were supposed to leave, we got a notification in the mail saying that the birth certificate we sent was not acceptable. We needed a new long form birth certificate. We called the hospital and state and they informed us that we would receive a new one within 10-15 business days. We did not have time for this. I turned to google, and USBirthCertificate popped up.
At first I was skeptical because of all the bad reviews. I had no choice but to try it out. I ordered my emergency birth certificate on Tuesday at 2pm, and received it on Thursday at 10am. LESS THAN 48 HOURS LATER. I am very pleased with this company. The customer service was excellent with answering my questions and responding to my emails quickly. Thanks a million USBirthCertificate.com!

Tip for consumers: Double, triple, and quadruple check that you did everything right. Most of the bad reviews had a flaw that they could have avoided if they had just rechecked.

christinaw15
July 1st, 2014
After reading some reviews about this company i can't really see how this this bad. I had order two birth certificates at the same time. I have nothing bad to say about them them have helped me and informed me of the reminding balance that i still need to pay my total came out 158.75 for two and saved me 50.00 witch is great if you are in my shoes. Took them the four days to complete my order and then shipped out on the following Monday took me about 2 wks to get to me but they did do 1 day shipping i can understand why i took that long not everything happens over night will do business with again very happy with them and when i called them they were not rode in any kind of way. Like most people has stated on the reviews and they do ask to not keep calling so they can do there work. I know it slows me down to get my orders out when i keep getting messages/calls about there order or to see when they can pick up same day for a match that you need at least three days for. This depends on the state they have to work with and can take time chill out people. 5 months is a different story but to say that they can't get a hold of them is a lie i called once and spoke with someone and only took them a few mins to let me now bout what is going on with the order. Have a good day people don't judge company's unless its really out there after paying and yes i was a little scared at first and now i'm very happy with them.
jeffreyb30
November 15th, 2013
I've read the other reviews about usbirthcertificate.net and it seems they have more negative than positive reviews.

That is unfortunate, because i just received my birth certificate 2 days after faxing them the (Signed, Notarized) Vital Records Authorization Form (V. R. A. F.) they faxed me upon completion of their online application.

It is of the utmost importance that you follow usbirthcertificate.com's instructions carefully as failure to do so will be cause delay in their service.

DO NOT fax the returned V. R. A. F. to the number that appears on the form, but to the fax number they tell you. I believe this is the reason some people have had problems with usbirthcertificate.com's service. It only cost me $23.00 Agency Fee, $18.00 Shipping, And $6.00 VCN Handling Via U. P.S. Next Day Air for a total Of $47.00 U. S!

VERY HAPPY With usbirthcertificate.net's Five Star * * * * * service. Thanks!
charissah
June 11th, 2015
Recently I along with many others fell victim to this fraudulent website. They make it perfectly clear on their website that REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! Well I'm here to tell you that there IS a way to get back every red cent taken from you. Best news is you won't have to wait weeks or months to see your full refund.

I first discovered the fraudulent charge made to my debit card on June 2nd 2015 and had every bit of it deposited back into my account 8 days later. No questions asked. The following information is for others swindled by these cyber crooks. It worked for me and I know it will for you too!

It's very important to notify your bank/financial institution IMMEDIATELY of the fraudulent charge to your account and that you want to dispute the charge.
By now you've realized the phone number listed on their website is worthless. It just continues ringing and ringing. And when trying to email them you'll receive a computer generated email response directing you to their website to place an order. Jeez... by this time your about to pull your hair out am I right? Don't worry... you CAN get your money back and heres how I did it...

1)Keep a log of all dates and times you've attempted to contact them by phone and email. You'll want to include this info with the complaints you'll be filing with the following government agencies.

2) File complaints with the government agencies I've listed below. They will take your claim seriously and work to resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction.

You'll want to file complaints with your local B. B. B. (Better Business Bureau) and also with the B. B. B. Local to UsBirthcertificate home office which is as follows:

Better Business Bureau of Greater Houston
And Southern Texas
Phone: *******500

Also file complaints with:

U.S. Federal Trade Commission
Consumer Protection Agency

The Internet Crime Complaint Center
( Working Partnership with F. B. I)

These agencies all work with or are affiliated with the F. B. I. And take their jobs very seriously. They will contact UsBirthcertificate regarding your complaint. Not sure exactly what was said or done but shortly after receiving a confirmation email stating they received my complaint and were going look further into it I also received an e-mail from UsBirthcertificate stating they issued a full refund and would be deposited into my account in 3-15 days. I had it in only 2...

It worked out in my favor and I'm sure it will for you to. As consumers we have to educate ourselves to help identify fraudulent websites like this one and learn how to protect ourselves from becoming the victims of these modern day con artists.

****GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL AND STAY SAFE***
eval56
June 28th, 2017
I have not had a good experience with US Birth Certificate! I sent my order in online! They immediately took my $49! Every day they sent me an email of some kind of I'd they needed! I sent them every bit of info they wanted! Finally they told me it was processing! It is now 5 months later I still don't have a birth certificate! Tell me what the problem is with this!

Eva Lane. *******@gmail.com.

If you have a debit card in your name that matches your adress you can order one. Or you can have an immediate relative parent, grandparent order one.

By Danyell J.