USAJobs.gov

USAJobs.gov has a consumer rating of 1.2 stars from 40 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. USAJobs.gov also ranks 72nd among Government sites. The most common issues with USAJobs.gov are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate USAJobs.gov?

“This is a easy, non-complicated site”

Lilly O.
6/3/13

This is a easy, non-complicated site. I have been looking and applying for jobs and even when the position you apply needs more experience they always respond back with the status of your application, if you weren't selected, they will tell you...Most of the sites where you apply for a job position, they just let you wait forever and never email/call back. I personally think that just the fact they let you know how everything goes with your application is a show of respect..."Respect" lately endangered..

“Know your worth...don't wast your time!”

D T.
7/23/19

The website is a joke. If you have to go through all the BS they require just to get rejected time after time, then the jobs being posted don't deserve your services. Especially when you know you meet the qualifications. Twice, I was rejected because they say I put that I would refuse a polygraph, lol. It also came back that I stated that I didn't have a drivers license. The application I filled and printed out showed otherwise. This is not by accident, they have a way of choosing the exact candidates they want for those lousy federal positions...Indeed.com, Zippy, governmentjobs.com, and your city/state job postings are the way to go. USAJobs.gov ain't all that, trust me don't waste your time and energy. You can't even plan your next move waiting on responses from them...

5 years (6)
natef28
January 24th, 2020
The requirements for the Wounded Warrior Fellowship Program are straightforward but ambiguous concerning the window of time out of service' (Not clear and open to debate). I have not yet hit my 6-year mark out of active duty, yet according to employees answering the phones I still don't meet the requirement of being within the "last five years." The wording of the requirement "the last 5 years" is ambiguous and I believe I am still eligible when those words are used. I have connected to employees who get the applications and they have to change the wording, the entire sentence, to explain what the requirement of time is talking about. I plead for some understanding on this. If a person reads a requirement or rule (That isn't clear and isn't specific) thus, ambiguous in its meaning, that person in concern is left to assume what is being said was set up for failure from the start.

I explained to the employees how 5.5 years is still included in the requirement wording "last 5 years." The employees explained to me the meaning of the requirement by rewording' the entire requirement. Never once did they use the exact sentence or words as used in the requirement (and what they were saying made complete sense using the words they used). What they were trying to get me to understand I understood fast because the words they used actually meant specifically what they were talking about and what the program was looking for.

I do believe that if this case were brought to a courthouse my argument would win quick and easy. Wording matters. The words used in the requirement of time separated' set me up for failure.
aneishaj
November 4th, 2015
I have used the USAJobs site for several years, and have yet to land a job interview or even a phone interview. I have been referred for several jobs but always get the "referred but not selected." If you are selling the site has helpful to veterans that need jobs I believe you should help them by letting them know the reasons that they were not selected for employment. Just a thought.

Yes, I agree, and NOW they do not have phone numbers for a POC on a lot of announcements which is complete BS... The emails listed on the postings come back as undeliverable - big joke.

By Guglielmo V.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the USAJobs.gov staff and other customers.

Search and apply for federal jobs. Learn about unique hiring paths for veterans, students and graduates, individuals with a disability, and more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USAJobs.gov?

Have a question about USAJobs.gov?