Review of USAJobs.gov

Washington, DC 20415, US
usability@usajobs.gov

natef28
1/24/20
The requirements for the Wounded Warrior Fellowship Program are straightforward but ambiguous concerning the window of time out of service' (Not clear and open to debate). I have not yet hit my 6-year mark out of active duty, yet according to employees answering the phones I still don't meet the requirement of being within the "last five years." The wording of the requirement "the last 5 years" is ambiguous and I believe I am still eligible when those words are used. I have connected to employees who get the applications and they have to change the wording, the entire sentence, to explain what the requirement of time is talking about. I plead for some understanding on this. If a person reads a requirement or rule (That isn't clear and isn't specific) thus, ambiguous in its meaning, that person in concern is left to assume what is being said was set up for failure from the start.

I explained to the employees how 5.5 years is still included in the requirement wording "last 5 years." The employees explained to me the meaning of the requirement by rewording' the entire requirement. Never once did they use the exact sentence or words as used in the requirement (and what they were saying made complete sense using the words they used). What they were trying to get me to understand I understood fast because the words they used actually meant specifically what they were talking about and what the program was looking for.

I do believe that if this case were brought to a courthouse my argument would win quick and easy. Wording matters. The words used in the requirement of time separated' set me up for failure.
stepht21
1/24/20
the website has no filters for city
horrible
im not searching through 3000 listings
the developers need to be fired
i gave up
joshuap157
12/20/19
I have applied to over 20 jobs on this site and some below the grade I was in the military. All have came back as not referred. Some said I was not qualified even though I did the duty for over 15 years. I have spoken to several retirees and we have come to a conclusion that the site is looking for service members who leave the military at or before ten years. I know of a Soldier who applied for the same job and got it after being CHAPTERED out the Army
rr249
12/16/19
Tells you you have so many characters for the resume is a total lie. Won't upload after so many. Once you get through that nightmare and uploading resumes, and other documents then you get to the end, and they want uploaded again. They only give you room for one resume. Then you go through the process all over again and re- upload the same documents again. And this process eliminated a very important page that cost me a permanent job. I am a Vet, and been working seasnol for Gov employment for 5 years and waited for this position. Disgraceful
jamalj18
12/10/19
This job site is worthless and fake and run by inept people that waste jobseekers time. I've applied for more than 200 plus jobs in 2 years and receive no feedback either positive or negative. Had one phone interview by CBP and was mocked for being unemployed. Whole purpose of looking for a job is to get one? Correct? I'd stay clear of this sucker trap of a job site.
davef196
11/25/19
disqualified for everything just got disqualified for an intership as a veteran enrolled in university waste of time
dieselc1
11/22/19
I do not wish apon anyone to have to deal with this site. Uploading documents is supposed to be an easy process but freezes up all the time. The web page is cluttered there is no customer service or professionalism to help you if there is an issue with your application. USA jobs has affected more than 300,000 applicants this year alone. Don't let it be you before it's too late.
lilya62
10/30/19
I did everything correctly on my application. Sat down in a workshop about how to complete this long application process. It took me about three days, 5 hours a day, work, research and writing, for two positions.
Used spouse preference.
I was found eligible, but not referred for the position because there were other highly qualified applicants.
Not sure what is more qualified for an administrative position than experience and a masters.
I am done with this website. It is a scam. They hire people the know. They only open the jobs because legally they have to.
Don't bother.
crystald56
10/9/19
What a total waste of time!!! I applied for a Technical Support/Help Desk position at the VA, it took me over two hours! The website constantly would time out and I would have to re-enter EVERYTHING!!! They want a Master's Degree just for a Help Desk GS-7 position, graduated in the top 3rd of your class with at least a 3.5 GPA. Are you F'kn Shyt'n me????
I'm a Veteran with disabilities, used the Voc Rehab Program and it took me 5 years, coming out with a 2.95 GPA. Oh, I forgot, as long as you have a VISA or Green Card and your country or origin (India) has paid for all of your school, certifications, giving you public housing, etc, you can come to the U.S.A. and have an immediate job!!!

We'll see what happens.... No keeping my hopes up...
alexisr90
9/18/19
I'm a 4 year veteran OEF OIF. Served during 9/11 and initial campaigns. I have over 7 years of law enforcement. I have a 4 year degree with a 3.8 gpa. I speak both English and Spanish fluently. I am willing to relocate and take a paycut (I make 100k before taxes). Yet this stupid website makes it impossible for me to be employable. I also refused to put my demographics out for equal opportunity purposes. I want to be hired based on my merit. I have yet to be called for 1 interview. Do not trust this website!
charlesg279
8/28/19
IVE BEEN NOT REFERED SEVERAL TIMES FOR JOBS IM ALLREADY IN, I EVEN APPLIED FOR SAME JOB SERIES AT A LOWER PAY GRADE STILL GOT EMAIL I DID QUALIFY FOR POSITION. I HAVE TIME IN GRADE, EDUCATION, MILITARY EXPERIENCE, I GIVE UP! SOMETIMES I DONT EVEN GET ANY EMAILS ON JOB STATUS JUST SAYS RECEIVED STATUS AND NEVER CHANGES FROM THAT.
dt181
7/23/19
The website is a joke. If you have to go through all the BS they require just to get rejected time after time, then the jobs being posted don't deserve your services. Especially when you know you meet the qualifications. Twice, I was rejected because they say I put that I would refuse a polygraph, lol. It also came back that I stated that I didn't have a drivers license. The application I filled and printed out showed otherwise. This is not by accident, they have a way of choosing the exact candidates they want for those lousy federal positions...Indeed.com, Zippy, governmentjobs.com, and your city/state job postings are the way to go. USAJobs.gov ain't all that, trust me don't waste your time and energy. You can't even plan your next move waiting on responses from them...
anonymousa543
3/21/19
I live in an Asian country where there happens to be a military base nearby (I'm an American citizen). There are a couple of careers that I would give up my residency for to work on the base. One particular branch is desperate for employees but are having issues finding people that are qualified with experience and a BA degree (since it's a small base with a small military community). The employees that work there said I should apply through USAJOBS and that the managers will accept applicants that are SOFA-seeking considering its open to the public. After being rejected three times automatically for not meeting the residency requirement (AKA not already having a SOFA), the manager personally contacted a higher-up to make sure my app would be sent to them next time without being rejected by a computer. Well, I just got rejected for the fourth time today and it's probably my last applying for a public position at an overseas base. Despite saying anyone can apply, USAJOBS automatically rejected me again because I'm SOFA seeking. A potential career for myself and a long-term employee for the branch is down the drain because a COMPUTER is deciding on life changing decisions. So much for being discrimination free!
donnaj166
3/18/19
Website is a total joke! I apply for positions, only to have them cancel several times and receive requests to try again. Few of the agencies ever update your status. And, I am unsure how they get away with this. I would love to see Dateline or 20/20, do an investigation regarding the government's shady hiring practices.
ayeb1
3/8/19
I saved all 895 rejection emails & going to make into art décor, encase then place next to my framed degree in strategic intelligence. BTW use governmentjobs.com for city, county and state jobs. IT WORKS GREAT!
jaieo
3/8/19
If the overall rating began with a zero that's what I would rate this website. Typical government jump through hoops mentality. Keep it simple stupid!
arond17
3/7/19
Who in their right mind would make you delete your entire account if you A) no longer have the phone number you started with and B) can't seem to located some 16-key coded you have received over a Year ago to create the account. Once you delete the account you have to wait 24 hours to unlink the account then contact someone there to re-link your account. Well if there was an job announcement with a closing date that was the same day you were locked out USA JOBS developers just F*$# you on the chance. Never in my life have I seen suck a crappy web application.
mink16
1/15/19
Imagine your are journeyman and you are more qualifile than apprentice, but if you apply for apprentice position they will notifies that you are "not qualifile". So I believe because of apprentice position, so next time I apply for journeyman position, but still not qualifies. I have electrical engineering degree and I had over 20 years experiences, of course I don't have military background. So I write review on their wedside, same I write on here. You know what..... since them I never get refer. (Before I do get some refer 3 or 4 different place and 2 times phone interviews)
mariom126
12/5/18
I applied to many law enforcement positions. I have a Bachelor's and two associate degrees as well as retire from military as combat veteran. The post often say a Degree can be used if you do not have law enforcement experience. No matter if you are a vet, they will only hire police or one who already has law enforcement experience. They do not hire vets! Many of my friends have stated the same that the site runs off the good ole boy system!
sarahs680
10/27/18
It is maddening. The Log in feature is broken. I will copy and past the same password and email and then after 5 tries of telling me it is wrong, it magically works. Also it signed me out in the middle of a job survey.
christinag122
10/18/18
Login.gov is a total failure!!!! It doesn't work any of the government sites. It is so convoluted and once you can't get in you can't get in forever. Even if it is a glitch in their system.
michaelm1767
10/16/18
First of all, there is little to nothing available on this site that requires the level of password protection and auto-logout that they have implemented. Get over yourself USAJOBs. Second, Why waste my time with you since every application I submit has to be rerouted to the source website anyway, and then when I DO take the hour to recompile and retype all of the information into THEIR questionnaire, you log me out, thus undoing everything I have submitted. Your search parameters are joke because you do not review the employers posting. Perfect example of this is recruiters for the army/navy/whoever posting enlistment MOS's in every city with salary between E1 and O9, so no matter what you search, a hundred jobs come up that I have to sort through to find anything viable. You have no email confirmation for jobs that are being reviewed or the status of an application.

If I had to guess, you have a JOB posted on your site to run your company, and it's no wonder it's a vacant position.
toma250
10/12/18
Please do not waste your time applying for any positions posted. It's a joke and the agencies behind the postings are not hiring qualified veterans or experienced applicants. Government in the titled should send a strong message, that it a good ole boy system, where friends hire friends only or relatives hire relatives only. Oh, if your from a country outside the US, you'll have a better chance of landing a job with USA JOB. CRAPPY HIRING SITE THAT GIVE FALSE HOPE OF WORKING.
bradleya26
10/11/18
I have been trying to get jobs on this site for over 2 years..to no avail..every job I have applied for I am over qualified for...Site lost my resume after a week of working on building it and directs you to agency you are applying to.. after hours of redundant question answering get to the end click save and apply entire application disappears..
My son got lucky and made it thru and got a job at the pentagon that he was overqualified for as well...After he STARTED the Job USA jobs sent him an email telling him he was not qualified for the position and would not be considered.
ON A JOB HE ALREADY HAD AND WAS WORKING AT FOR A MONTH....
this site is a joke
marieg128
9/19/18
I have applied numerous times for jobs and then only to be told you have the qualifications but we mostly hire veterans. Which don't get me wrong is not bad, but surely I have more experience than some of the veterans that apply and a college degree too boot. Don't waste your time applying unless you are a veteran.

Yes, I agree, and NOW they do not have phone numbers for a POC on a lot of announcements which is complete BS... The emails listed on the postings come back as undeliverable - big joke.

By Guglielmo V.

Questions? Get answers from the USAJobs.gov staff and other customers.

USAJobs.gov?