Unitel Direct UK

Unitel Direct UK has a consumer rating of 3.86 stars from 50 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Unitel Direct UK ranks 13th among SEO sites.

How would you rate Unitel Direct UK?

“Brilliant response to my query just now”

Colin H.
5/17/19

Superb response to my query when I have just called their help line. Very happy to recommend Unitel to my friends and fellow business associates. One of the main points about working with them is the speed in which you get things done. I have had many accounts with major suppliers like BT and EOn etc. Unitel have our website, yell adverts and all our utilities, I get one bill for everything and I get answered when I call (which is rare) by someone very quickly, I once waited for BT for well over an hour, to then be cut off!

“Terrible service”

Josie W.
6/27/20

Unitel direct contacted us out of the blue to sell us a website. They said it would be done within a few weeks and as we already had a site would require no input from us... piece of cake. However 6 months and £1200 later and still no website. Several complaints raised but no action taken until I cancelled a direct debit. Despite unitel agreeing that the level of service had been unsatisfactory to say the least and recognising that we had been mislead they would not refund any of the payments just a string of excuses. I can only advise anyone else considering using their services to be prepared to be let down. I am now pursuing this through the courts

josiew79
June 27th, 2020

chrism2074
November 4th, 2020

Unitel Direct have behaved disgracefully during the Pandemic. They have threatened small businesses with court action even when they know they have had to close down. Their customer service is robotic and rude. When you scratch the surface they are nothing but a greedy backstreet operation.

kellyb153
July 14th, 2016

I'm very happy and satisfied with the services of Unitel Direct Limited. They went beyond my expectations by providing me with a complete custom website that added value to my company. Their technical team is highly professional and understood exactly what I needed. If I had to rate them for their services from one to a hundred, then I would give them more than one hundred. I am very satisfied and happy with the website that Unitel Direct developed for us. Apart from being user-friendly, I can change details and information easily and quickly. We get many comments about the images and graphics used in the site. It is a pleasure to be able to provide positive Unitel Direct Limited feedback. I would definitely recommend them to others and I will be getting in touch with them for any of my website design and re-designing needs. This is a company that can enhance a normal looking website with their creative re-designing services.

Tip for consumers:
Just get in touch with these expertise and you even not have to bother for anything.

alanab4
May 21st, 2013

Got one of the internet marketing packages that they offer, for my business start-up. I am seriously hoping for some increase in the number of leads. Satisfied with the services thus far.

pauld551
April 19th, 2019

Watch out, Unitel Direct are absolute scammers, they will force website offers onto you with exorbitant hidden fees and will tie you into thousands in debt for poor quality work. Avoid at all costs, I'm currently facing £1293. 13 even though I called to cancel mutiple times, they are predatory no doubt. Advisor was * You even had my surname wrong, take me to court, I'll be counter claiming for the full amount plus additional losses caused as a result. I'll be speaking with Citizens First to file a full report with Trading Standards today.

*Personal information redacted by admin

Avoid Unitel Direct ltd

Products used:
SEO of a website

bishopl11
December 2nd, 2013

I have read a lot of great reviews about Unitel Direct. I am planning to switch my internet marketing company as they are not giving any results at all. Maybe Unitel Direct can help my business. I’m hopeful.

alexl141
June 26th, 2017

Unitel take advantage of elderly people for their gain by scaring them.
They took advantage of my father and his business by refusing him to terminate his telephone landline contract and then scared him into thinking he was going to be in this eternal debt to them.
Also personally after reviewing it, they do charge extortionate charges and use their knowledge to take advantage of the elderly. If you know any elders that use this service, review it as they could be being used.

UPDATE**
Hi Alex, Thanks for speaking with our supervisor Amy yesterday.
I am sorry that you felt the need to write the review about us (by your own admission) prior to calling our service centre to enquire why your dads bill is so high and instantly thinking the worst.
We also appreciate your comments in recognising that our pricing is very low in comparison to what our rivals offer as well.
For the purpose of the review and as mentioned on the phone, we have already spoken with your dad on numerous occasions about our concerns in him making so many calls to premium rate numbers - such as directory enquiries that are racking up sizeable bills each month.
Hopefully we are able to obtain the power of attorney proof ASAP so that will enable us to act on your behalf to block such numbers from being called.
We look forward to hearing back from you.

Unitel Direct Review Team
Firstly we're sorry that you have felt the need to write such a review about us.
We have requested verification for this review as I'm sure you can appreciate - you haven't provided any proof of your "fathers" account or given any information that we can locate or identify you on.
I can assure you that our pricing is amongst the best in the b2b telecom world and we fix these prices for the duration of all customers contracts. However, you mention that your father tried to cancel the contract... I'm presuming you mean mid term? Like ALL service providers this would incur an early termination fee should this happen.
I would like to resolve this issue, if your names on your fathers account then I would only be to happy to do this with to you as well. Can I ask please that you firstly verify this review with proof and then please email directorsoffice@uniteldirect.co.uk and I will allocate this to a supervisor straightaway

Kind regards

Unitel direct reviews team

smithj12
April 3rd, 2013

I am very impressed with their services and support. They ranked out my business with most competitive keywords. Thanks to Unitel Direct & Team :D

davids2206
May 3rd, 2019

Read the Google reviews about them for genuine reviews because the Trust Pilot ones only get sent to their happy customers, and they flag the bad ones as Trolls. They have also recently removed Google from the seo guarantee and have recently added automatic billing to the terms in the last few months. Cancel before 30 days if you wish to avoid this.

RESPONSE TO UNITELS REPLY

Thanks for your reply.

In your response to me you stated 'Your factually incorrect about Google guarantees as well, we dropped this about 4/5 years ago'.

This is a false comment on your behalf as the director and you are the one that is actually factually incorrect, at least about your terms on your website. When I printed off your official website terms (which you tell all customers to be aware of and to refer to) towards the end of 2018 they contained this line, 'Our guarantee is based on results displayed on any one of these search engines Google.co.uk Yahoo.co.uk MSN.co.uk' which was then removed from your terms before April 2019. Were your official terms wrong for 4/5 years?

Also when I printed off your terms in June 2018 and they stated throughout -

- Our guarantee is based on results displayed on any one of these search engines Google.co.uk Yahoo.co.uk MSN.co.uk
- 3.3 All SEO contracts are produced from educated estimates which are unique to each client through the analysis of the prospective client's website against the sites which currently inhabit the first and second page of Google.
- By Unitel Direct achieving a front page ranking on a major search engine, Bing or Yahoo
- Should your package with Unitel Direct not appear on the first page of any major search engine, Bing or Yahoo
- All SEO contracts are produced from educated estimates which are unique to each client through the analysis of the prospective client's website against the sites which currently inhabit the first and second page of Google, Bing or Yahoo.

Towards the end of 2018/early 2019 the terms above were amended and Google and Major Search Engines were removed from your terms and conditions. This is not 4/5 years but a few months to just over half a year at most.

Google is the only search engine worth ranking on really especially if you are paying good money for SEO.

Dave.

Customer S. – Unitel Direct UK Rep

David, factually what you speak of is totally untrure.
Firstly - if you have an issue - feel free to reach me directly on directorsoffice@uniteldirect.co.uk and I will personally speak with you and happily resolve any issues you have.
Your review doesnt specifically state what you seem to be unhappy about? Have we done something wrong?
For clarification on your review - firstly - staff do NOT get paid £65 a review? Perhaps it was said in light humour to you..., I will be sure to speak with the back office manager at Teesside to establish this.
Unitel have over 600 hardworking and dedicated members of staff, yes, we have centres in India, as-well as Teesside, Swansea and South Africa, soon to be Belfast as well, exactly what is your problem with India? They happen to be an intergral part of our workforce and some of the nicest people you could ever have the pleasure of working with, we have had offices in India for over 10 years as well. Without them, we simply wouldnt be able to supply the superb services in record times that we currently do. Perhaps if you email the above email like I have asked, we can understand your problem. Your factually incorrect about Google guarantees as well, we dropped this about 4/5 years ago due to the complexity of their algorithms and decided to focus our methods elsewhere, of which is simply non of your business either but again, I will happily speak with you if you can identify yourself by emailing the above. Enjoy your day and have a super bank holiday... Unitel

suev1
November 27th, 2013

I contacted Unitel Direct after reading the reviews of the company over the internet. These guys created an amazing website for my business and it is attracting visitors already. Now I am planning to take up SEO to increase my businesss visibility online.

colinh91
May 17th, 2019

edwardd34
September 16th, 2016

I am a 76 year old pensioner on a basic pension i said yes when they said they could reduce my outgoings then i found it going to go up by £10 -£20 per month so within the 14 days to cancel next i received a bill for £42 for something i didnt use or want then they are charging me £700 to tuminate the contract with admin cost £1370 they said because i didnt put it in writing i am still liable NOT A GOOD COMPANY

Customer S. – Unitel Direct UK Rep

Hi Edward, thanks for taking the time to write a review.
This doesn't sound right that you are paying more. Our pricing is one of the cheapest on the market.
Let's get this sorted for you and turn you into a happy customer.
I'm unable to locate your details from your user name so can I please ask that you send an email to directorsoffice@uniteldirect.co.uk and I will pick this up first thing Monday morning.
I look forward to speaking with you and getting this resolved.
Peter

petern55
August 4th, 2017

The worst company I've ever seen. They have charged me more than 1000£ just because my non-english speaker sister told them yes (even she didn't understand that) to a new broadband contract. Then I have to move that broadband to my home, they promised me to have speed around 16-20mbits/s, and what I'm having is 0,1mbits/s. They said that's caused by my location that Im living in (Im living in Leeds anyway) that's not their fault they said and they still want to charge me monthly fee 32£ for that 0,1Mbits/s (can't even load a google page). Thank you Unitel Direct! Won't recommend it to anybody!

Customer S. – Unitel Direct UK Rep

Mr Nguyen, I personally was call monitoring our customer service agent at the time when you called in to speak with us. I feel that you review is unfair. You are currently in an agreement for the supply of telecom and broadband services. The speeds that we state are "upto" 20 meg but this purely depends on the quality of the BT line and the distance from the exchange that your property is. We have performed multiple line tests on the line which have indicated that there does not seem to be a problem with the copper cabling into your address. We advised on the call that we are more than happy to send an engineer to the property to investigate this further but there may be a charge associated with this if there was found to be a fault with your equipment or anything that could be affecting the speeds that we have no control over, for e.g. an extension cable being used. The charges that are associated with engineers are beyond our control and are from BT Openreach. Any telecom provider that runs on the BT network will face the problem with line speeds due to line quality and how far you are from the exchange. We have checked to see if you can have the broadband upgraded to fibre but its still not availible in your area either. We want to get this sorted for you and to resolve the issue. I have escalated this to our customer services manager to give you a call and to get something sorted for you. Regards Liam Unitel Direct Group

cherylm430
May 16th, 2019

Fantastic amazing support from the whole team that dealt with my dads account after he passed away. Luckily for us Unitel has everything with them (website phones and utilities). In what is a torturous period for
Me and my family I have been dealt with by lovely people with the upmost respect and dignity. Thank you especially to the lady who just recently called me, Claire.

clairep39
October 18th, 2017

I switched my broadband to Unitel and since then i have had dreadful internet, it has been slow and intermittent. But my biggest gripe about Unitel is the fact that I signed up for UNLIMITED BROADBAND, which I have got written proof of, but every month I keep getting charged and over usage fee, last month it was £78, this month it is £173. They said 'when we say unlimited we actually mean fair usage, and you have gone over your fair usage amount', this is NOT unlimited, this is limited/capped broadband, and from the sounds of it i am not even being offered a decent amount of broadband if I am going over by £173 in one month. I have to constantly phone them, they promise to return my call in the hour, but I never hear back. Very angry.

Customer S. – Unitel Direct UK Rep

Hi Claire, I am sorry you have felt the need to write a review.
I am keen to get this resolved for you, I am unable to identify you from your profile so can you please email directorsoffice@uniteldirect.co.uk with your details and I will escalate this to a manager and ensure we get this sorted for you.
From what your saying this doesn't sound right at all.
We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Unitel Direct Reviews Team

dineshv
February 2nd, 2016

We have now been with the above crap company for 12 months which was to long, they refused to look into our fault and told us it was a line fault. We then recivied a overuage on our account, they have now credited this but not the line rental because we where using internet without a line. This company is a ripoff and a bunch of cowboys. I got cut of for expresing my oponion about this $#*! company

Customer S. – Unitel Direct UK Rep

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Firstly, I am very sorry you didnt have a good experience with Unitel Direct, we work very hard at Unitel to makesure that we are doing the best that we can for our customers. I have to say that I find your review unfair and untrue. For data protection I cannot publicly state why your line was disconnected, however, I can advise that as part of our terms and conditions (and every other service provider) lines can be disconnected for a number of reasons - such as non payment for example, but, never for expressing and opinion. I have looked over the full notes on the account and I can see that you reported an issue with your line and connecting your broadband. A fault was raised to BT Openreach, they advised that there was no fault on the line. With regards to your over-usage, the package that you signed up for was a budget package and had a fairusage policy of 40g per month. You were going over this considerably, again, we notified you each time you exceeded your usage by 5g to advise of this, we offered an increased tariff for an additional cost, this was declined. You are now no longer supplied by Unitel, we wish you the best for the future. Regards, Unitel Direct Reviews Team

johnj284
May 10th, 2016

Over £500 to cancel a "contract". Staff are rude when you want to cancel and will hang up on you.

Customer S. – Unitel Direct UK Rep

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Firstly I am very sorry you feel this way, I assure you we are not "scam artists". If you are in a contract that you are trying to break early then there will (like every other service provider) be an early termination fee to pay, Such as when you are in an agreement for a mortgage that you wish to terminate early - you will have a redemption fee to pay. I am unable to locate your details from the post. Please can I ask that you email us directly and allow me to investigate your account, as for a member of staff "hanging up on you" then this will be looked at as well. This is not something that we would ever allow unless a customer has been rude and using abusive / offensive or threatening language. I look forward to receiving your email customerservices@uniteldirect.co.uk

matildaa
July 15th, 2013

These guys know what they are doing and what the customers want. I described my expectations and got to see that my e-Commerce portal is in sync with what my anticipations were. Great work done!

mattw372
May 30th, 2019

Following on from a sales call that actually was very impressive and the follow up service from then on has been nothing short of amazing. The whole firm, the set up, the support and the great people I have had the pleasure of dealing with have made what seemed too good to be true... a reality! Website was on the first list within a day from me paying and now my mobile phone has been moved after a call off them.

jamesl70
July 8th, 2013

The staff at Unitel Direct is quite nice to interact with. I have had a fine experience with them hitherto.

daniellet91
May 30th, 2019

Brilliant help and support just received by our firm after the internet went off. The lady couldnt of been any more supportive. Many thanks

mickc14
October 12th, 2015

Bunch of cowboys who just demand more and more money for doing nothing!

Tip for consumers:
don't trust them at all.

Customer S. – Unitel Direct UK Rep

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am unable to locate your account, please can you email into our customer services team - customerservices@uniteldirect.co.uk and I will be happy to take a look at your account. Kind Regards, Unitel Direct Reviews Team

oleep
November 26th, 2013

The work that these guys have done on my website is really amazing. In just 4 months, my business ranks high on search engine results, and I am expecting great results soon. The team at Unitel Direct is good at the work, and now wonder their reviews have always been great.

clairea50
July 3rd, 2019

Called in with a fault and had it fixed within 30 seconds of speaking with the advisor. Brilliant service

mandyj29
May 16th, 2019

So happy that I decided not to make the leap with a former employee and switch away from Unitel. I have just landed a huge order off my website! My Unitel website and not the yell site!
I am also posting this in Unitel's defence as the former employee of Unitel was pushing me to put a bad review on about them, his words were "im telling everyone to do it", when I wouldn't entertain his drivel or listen to his high pitched voice a moment longer - I put the phone down, he tried calling back relentlessly for 4-5 minutes.

Legit company with some vary shady business practices and abysmal customer service.

By Anon U.