Review of UBreakFix

Tel: 877.320.2237
support@ubreakifix.com

jamesa518
7/23/18

Went to the Whitby location a month ago for a PS3 repair, I checked their website that claimed they do the work I needed on the model I have. Did the online support chat then called the day before and was told yes they do it. When I got there only then did they tell me they Don't do the work, which they're still advertising on their website. Sent me to another place clear on the opposite side of Toronto, over 80 miles from where I live to a fly by night operation called fasttech.ca that screwed up the work then skipped out. I just cannot trust what they say.

alexl93
3/2/16

He put a new battery in my aged but well-cared for iPod (5th generation, mid-2006!) last night and you'd never know the case had been opened.

When the iPod finally started losing battery life, I consulted with Apple tech support and learned that they no longer support devices that old. The tech suggested I buy a battery online and install it myself, and I did look into it. A new battery would be about $15. Then I looked at the step-by-step instructions and ... um, no. Let's leave it to someone who knows what s/he's doing.

I'd had a good experience at the East Side UBreakIFix when I had to have the headphones port replaced, and when I saw there was now a closer location I decided to go there for a diagnosis. They agreed it was the battery (and also that they'd never seen an iPod this old that was in such good condition--thank you, Apple Store guy who recommended this particular protective case 10 years ago). The charge for battery and labor would be $50.

All the websites warned I could lose everything on the hard drive and would have to re-sync (good-bye, old Car Talk podcasts that I'd deleted from my laptop) and I was warned at the store that the case might incur some edge damage in the process of opening it. Also, I probably would have to leave it overnight.

Instead, I got a call four hours later that it was ready. When I picked it up, you'd never know anything had happened to it from the case and I hadn't lost a single song or a podcast.
The use the hcqs screen is good
Best $50 I've spent in a long time!

Questions? Get answers from the UBreakFix staff and other customers.

UBreakFix?