Turnkey Internet

Turnkey Internet has a consumer rating of 2.33 stars from 6 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Turnkey Internet ranks 279th among Web Hosting sites.

How would you rate Turnkey Internet?

“Great Customer Service”

Zach R.
5/12/19

I joined the Turnkey family a couple of months ago due to some performance issues with my previous hosting company of ten years. I've never been more pleased with a web host in almost 20 years of experience running websites. The support is absolutely top notch, and the service itself impeccable!

“Zero understanding on customer requirements”

Pankaj S.
12/2/19

Never commit for a long term plan with this service provider else you will be stuck with it and there is absolutely no refund or change of plan possible even if the current plan does not meet your requirement. As I understand you Will have one month to review prior to cancelling your plan. In my case, the first month, I had no issues. I started to have the issue after 2nd month. I tried to explain my concerns with the Support / Sales however they send you a long list of policies and procedures which in short tells you that you will have to live with the service whether is meets your needs or don't. They do provide good specs when comparing with other service providers however their VPS are not designed for MT4 traders. The minute you run 3 instances of MT4 on a 4GB/ 4 CPU plan it will stop responding. I have VPS server from other providers with 2 GB / 2 CPU and can run 6 instances of MT4 without any issue. I asked them to kindly refund my pending months as it does not meet my requirement however they declined the request. On black friday they had interesting option of dedicated server which I asked if I could swap my current VPS to the dedicated server and pay the difference. Below response from the Sales: "Greetings, there is no direct upgrade path possible from 1 package to that, but you are welcome to purchase a new package if it better fits your needs to expand/grow as you see fit." I finally give up on them and no longer want a refund and any service they offer.

customer service (6) control panel (3)
pankajs6
December 2nd, 2019

kent116
January 7th, 2019
After two days I purchased. They deleted my VM FIRST w/o prior notification and tell me the coupon code was invalid. I email to their helpdesk and question, then they deleted my account as well.
whyd4
February 14th, 2019
Had a question about their User Policy. Contacted a live support assistant. Their reply was a link to a youtube video (which didn't answer my question) and in the video description was a link to malware. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.
aa268
June 9th, 2019
Slowest hosting ever, and worst customer service ever.
Turnket Internet (Turnket Internet) deleted my 4-years old paid website from their servers although I paid for another 2 years of hosting in advance! They deleted my account as well so I can't complain or write an email to helpdesk. They sent me a suspension warning email that I am backing my data up into their servers, and they did not bother reading my reply that the folder they mentioned is an online album that is shared online (it was not a violation of their terms, but they just did not want to honour their contract and it seems the easiest way to do that is delete me account and hosting!)
zachr32
May 12th, 2019
jamiem299
June 9th, 2019
I've tried AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure, and this is the least complicated setup ever! I just wanted a VPS spun up with a base OS on it so I could take it from there. There were no hoops to jump through to configure multiple firewalls on the real world IPs, I had instant access to the system! Such a pleasure! Also, the cost was significantly less for the same compute power at the other 3 "major" cloud platforms, and the bandwith was amazing! Of course, there are some questionable companies that will snatch cloud space for shady practices (like sending spam or malware), so if you're going to run a legitimate mail server, it will take some of your time to get your IP cleared off the blacklists. I was fully capable of doing that myself, but I'm sure their support would have helped had I asked. I really just wanted to have a VPS that I am in complete control over to configure and run, and this was perfect for me! The Ubuntu that was loaded on it was a version behind, but it isn't hard at all (if you follow instructions on any forum) to upgrade that to the latest.

Their legacy plan, $36 per 3 years was the reason I got my hosting with Turnkey Internet. I regretted being their customer, they deleted my account without a clear reason and without giving their documented service suspension notice! Worst service ever.

By A A.

It was legit. Until it deleted my hosting without any clear violation of service (they just don't like my professional answer to their suspension notice and did not want to honor their legacy plan that I am on since 4 years!)

By A A.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Turnkey Internet staff and other customers.

TurnKey Internet is a full-service Cloud Hosting Solutions provider with Data Centers in New York and California specializing in Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to clients in more than 150 countries. Services offered in both East Coast and West Coast, USA - include Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Dedicated & Bare Metal Servers, Backup & Disaster Recovery, Online Storage, Web Hosting, Managed Hosting, Hybrid Solutions and Enterprise Colocation. Headquartered in New York's Tech Valley Region, TurnKey Internet's Flagship company owned Data Center offers SSAE-18 SOC 2 certification powered exclusively by on-site Solar and Hydroelectric sources to provide a 100% renewable energy footprint. In 2013 the facility was designated as the 39th ENERGY STAR® Certified Data Center in the United States. For more information, please call (518) 618-0999 or visit www.turnkeyinternet.net

Business History

Established in 1999 to provide advanced consulting services to Internet Service Providers and Enhanced Telecommunications Providers, TurnKey Internet was founded on a simple principle to focus on the customer. In 2001, many of the services TurnKey Internet provided to the large Internet Service Providers became practical solutions for many emerging Internet businesses. TurnKey Internet has since focused heavily on the small- and medium-sized business client that needs reliability, speed, and cost-effective web hosting solutions for their online business. Today, TurnKey Internet stands out from the crowd through its use of advanced technology solutions. We own and operate our own Latham, New York-based green, SSAE-18 Certified, Data Center, with a fully redundant next generation fiber optic network, and offer a 100% Network Uptime Guarantee on all of our services. Our geographically redundant Cloud Hosting provides high speed, regional-focused solutions for all our Dedicated Servers, Virtual Private Servers (VPS), Colocation and Software as a Service (SaaS) products.

turnkeyi
Adam W.
CEO
Adam Wills is the CEO and President of TurnKey Internet, Inc., a post he has held since 1999, when the company first took form as an information technology consulting firm, and which evolved in 2003 to the current data center infrastructure and services firm now serving over 13,000 clients spanning 100 countries across the globe.

Mr. Wills is a graduate of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with a B. S. in Computer Systems Engineering. Mr. Wills grew up in a small fishing town in New England, and moved to New York to study Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and has resided in the Tech Valley Region of New York now for over 20 years. Today, Mr. Wills remains doing what he loves most: serving clients with innovative and easy-to-use technologies.

Mr. Wills co-founded Global 2000, Inc. in 1994, spearheading the information technology behind the region’s first and largest Internet Service Provider which brought the first wave of the web to Upstate New York years before terms such as cloud, broadband, ecommerce and email were part of the modern lexicon. In 1998, Global 2000, Inc merged and formed BiznessOnline.com (NASDAQ: BIZZ). Mr. Wills was named CTO at BiznessOnline.com (NASDAQ BIZZ), and was part of the senior executive management team which took the company public on NASDAQ in May of 1999. Mr. Wills oversaw the technical operations that provided Internet Services for over 25,000 customers and 80 employees across 7 states.

During his tenure at Global 2000 and BiznessOnline.com, Mr. Wills oversaw the deployment of several of the the nation’s first broadband high speed Internet systems, and helped bring online several of the first web sites on the Internet, including many of the biggest names of New York’s Capital Region: TV and Radio Stations such as WRGB.com, WTEN.com, WNYT.com, the Troy Record, as well as tens of thousands more media, public and private businesses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Turnkey Internet?

Have a question about Turnkey Internet?