TSN

TSN has a consumer rating of 1 star from 20 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. TSN ranks 75th among Sports News sites.

How would you rate TSN?

“TSN Does Not Provide Access to Major Sporting Events”

Barry D.
1/25/21

TSN streaming service does not include major sports events such as championship or play off games - they're too cheap to buy the broadcast rights for the big games. I learned this the hard way only days after signing up for 6 months for $100 when I tried to watch the NFL championship game between the Bills and the Chiefs. TSN refused to provide a refund, and told me I should have read the fine print in their Terms & Conditions.

barryd25
January 25th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Don't subscribe to TSN unless you only want to watch regular season games

Products used:
6 month pass to TSN live

rickn192
June 21st, 2021

Bait and switch on their services, advertised 'Watch NBA Playoffs Live', accepted my money, and then only streamed a portion of all NBA playoff games, called customer support for them to stand behind their terms and conditions (They didn't think to let this be known prior to my purchasing, or during? Instead they leave it as a tiny blip out of a long terms and conditions document). No refund given either. TSN's consumer reviews stand for themselves, they suck as a company.

I wish I could leave less than 1/5 rating

mattn213
January 28th, 2021
Verified purchase

TSN is nothing scam, I paid for 6 month subscription to watch my home team (mapleleaf hockey) so far I could watch one game out of the 5 play talking to costumer service after waiting hours on line, they said it is on their fine line of the policy including there is no cancellation or refund money. Talking to the boss was another wast of time and bully.
Thanks
Matt

liamm112
March 29th, 2021

Ordered TSN to watch World Juniors, tried to cancel online after was done and extremely difficult experience. TSN kept billing me; I finally called customer service today and they cancelled but they still took another months payment. Haven't watched since January.
The answer I got was "Its prepaid and nothing we can do"
Well TSN; you can pound sand! Either refund my money ($20) or you are showing your colors and clearly customer service is bottom on your list.

bod24
February 26th, 2021

Unbelievable bias and gushing over TO teams. Leafs win and it's ten min of parade planning. They lose and it's never because the other team was better. Specials about what Toronto players do on their day off? How many times do we need to see Raptors coach standing with his arms out? Or Leafs players chewing their mouth piece while we wonder who they are playing because the camera is only on the Toronto players. It's blatant and it's disgusting to put up with. People are running out for a reason!

samc659
Verified purchase

Terrible straming. Signal broken every few minutes while watching Euro 2021. Even worse during the match Nethland vs Ukraine that I can't even connect and get those few minutes. No help can be found on their website and nobody to help

jennab138
January 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

Prior to subscribing, I read the descriptions of the subscription options and it was specified that with a monthly subscription one could stream NBA, NHL, NFL, etc. I subscribed, opened the app to watch the Raptors game, only to find that they don't have all NBA raptors games available for live streaming. By the time I hit subscribe, it was already too late. $22.99 in the garbage, which is a significant amount to me as a university student. I cancelled my subscription but they wouldn't refund me because it's a prepaid service. Think twice before hitting subscribe. Maybe I'm the only one who never realized tsn doesn't have the licences to all the NBA games, but if not, now you know.

rodm138
July 28th, 2021

Trying to make a presentation out of free agent frenzy or trade deadline day seems awfully desperate! Let it have it's season and give me a chance to miss it! It's dull!

dominicg71
July 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

Terrible programming and customer service. Lots of outages for maintenance on the app. Avoid at all costs.

Avoid using TSN

nielss26
Verified purchase

How can you even offer this as a service?
Absolutely horrible and reportable to CRTC
Please cancel this and provide everyone with a refund

kurog
February 20th, 2021

TSN were showing golf the most boring game not a sport a boring game! Instead of ufc fights? The fights were scheduled to show at 6 pm on TSN and two hours later they continue showing Golf! Get your staff and schedule together! I'm glad i'm from the states and i can depend on ESPN instead of TSN! Horrible network

xh4
June 15th, 2021

Bought the monthly pass to watch the Euro games, have not been able to watch a single game since subscribing. Complete waste of money, contacted tech support, "they're still gathering data". Absolute garbage.

giulianot2
December 30th, 2020

Like the other review on this site, we fell victim to believing that TSN would be providing a number of different sports and sports teams. Unfortunately, all we got was the usual TSN garbage reruns of analysis that doesn't matter and missing multiple games.
They only choose the cheapest broadcast options when it comes to football too. Imagine watching the Jets lose every other week even though there are much better match ups to watch.DO NOT get this poor service and DO NOT waste your money on even the the 1-month trial (I foolishly purchased a 1 year and am hoping hockey season is better). Also do not believe their claims of multiple different sports, different teams, this time Donnie is right - it's all fake news.

rionelc
January 24th, 2021

It doesn't show IMPORTANT games like the NFC and AFC games. What's the point of subscribing if you don't show all the good games live on TSN direct. Instead, they offer CTV link to watch the games which requires cable subscription which I don't have. Also doesn't show the Oiler (I am from Edmonton) games live and the TSN app is horrible. I wasted 6 months of subscription on this crap.

Tip for consumers:
Don't subscribe to TSN Direct, its a waste of money.

briank1201
January 19th, 2021
Verified purchase

TSN DIRECT, what a rip off. My daughter (from Canada) had to be in California during Christmas break and when she found out Canada and the US were in the World Junior Hockey Championship final, she tried to find a way to watch the game from California. I suggested she try a number of different things and nothing worked as TSN had all the broadcasting rights. So the only other common sense thing to do would be pay for a one day pass to watch that game. They have the broadcast rights so if you want to watch, then pay. So she paid for the one day pass... and when trying to log in to watch the game, it gave her a messages saying unable to watch from her location. She forwarded the email she received after paying for the one day subscription and I have been trying to get TSN Direct to refund her. It's only $8.39 but who wants to pay for something and not get what you pay for. The email I sent to TSN was not answered after close to two weeks. I tracked down a phone number and after long hold, I explained the issue and was told there are no refunds. Started to get a little more mad at the situation and its no longer "only $8.39 issue, its no a principal of the matter. I demanded to speak to a supervisor who i was told was sort of in the loop because the person I was speaking with said her and the supervisor was communicating about my issue while I was talking about it. Therefore I asked to speak to the supervisor. Of course the supervisor was somehow unavailable even though i was just told they were communication with each other so I asked for a call back asap. About an hour later a manager/supervisor called me back and said my daughter is not entitled to a refund because TSN Direct doesn't provide refunds. I said my daughter paid for a service that was unavailable and could only find that out after trying it so why should she have to pay and if so, then a refund should be in order. The supervisor said my daughter should have read all the terms and conditions where it states TSN Direct does not give refunds. Now I'm at a point where I'm getting a little peeved and it isn't a "only $8.39 " issue, its now a "TSN Direct, do the right thing issue. Who in the hell ever reads all the terms and conditions especially when its a one time thing to watch a game that either has already started or is just about to start. This is just wrong and everyone needs to know how TSN treats their customers. Perhaps Hockey Canada and whoever is involved in the decision making of who gets the rights need to know this as well.

Tip for consumers:
never trust tsn to do the right thing. Who ever heard of "No refunds" if it is common sense to give back the money that they know was not used because they knew the service was not offered to those in the US

williamm2834
May 5th, 2021

Why do the Ottawa Senators play by play announcers think their stats and stories are the entertainment? Find an announcer who can follow and call the game while it is on live. I often turn the sound off so I can follow the game.

konstantinz6
June 13th, 2021

I tried to watch the euro cup game England vs Croatia and experienced buffering eventhough I have 150 MBPS internet and never have a buffering problem with any other service

fj49
June 23rd, 2021

Cannot watch the game you want to watch, four links to watch spain vs slovakia, none to watch the poland game thanks for wasting my money. Often the streams just don't work, the passwords are way too secure i have to change mine every time i login. By far the worst service i have ever used. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON TSN. TSN = PURE TRASH

elizabethw1150
May 2nd, 2021

Did you know if you sign up for TSN for 6 mths, it automatically renews even if you don't realize it? It is located in the tiny fine print!
And when you realize they are stealing from you..., you can't cancel for 6 months!

Tip for consumers:
How about not an automatic renew? How about sending someone a bill?

ryanb138
September 11th, 2020

Was looking at cutting the cable and buying into a streaming sports package. The TSN Direct site advertised hundreds of sports events that could be streamed through your smart tv. The site doesn't actually say what events are going to be broadcast, but the marketing claim presented a proud boast of being the best. Unfortunately you only get the "Subscribe Now" link and nothing more specific.

So, like a complete sucker, I gave it a try and selected their $99 deal which (assuming they were as good as they claimed) was a much better deal than going month to month.

Within an hour I discovered they had no application that would support my Sony smart TV. They only support Samsung apparently. Unlike every other streaming service (Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Sportsnet, DAZN, etc.). So that's useless since my family can't watch TV depending on my phone being around to cast it.

I also quickly discovered they didn't have any of the events. On the day of purchase that included Champions League soccer and NHL playoffs. Neither of the games I was actually interested in were available. What was available was exactly the same as I could get on my regular cable subscription.

Entirely pointless and not at all as advertised. Services from SportsNet Now & DAZN that support any android TV are both superior. No one in my family has ever been able to use the TSN service.

Unfortunately the moment you submit the subscription they stop caring. Every email was answered with a vague "we'll pass the feedback on". When I challenged them on their claims about offering sports events they brushed it off with a claim that they publish what events they'll actually broadcast. Which on the TSN Direct site they do not, you have to go look it up somewhere else. And its nothing better than what their cable channels offer which was definitely not stated.

They only repeat their policy of "no refunds". They do not acknowledge any false advertising and don't care whether you can even stream what they do have. I've never been able to. Complete waste of money. They stopped even responding to any emails after I asked my account be cancelled and a refund issued.

What a scam. Imagine buying a lawnmower and opening up the box at home to find a pair of scissors. Garbage service and their customer service was arrogant and indifferent.

UPDATE: Finally contacted the Better Business Bureau and they were able to get me a refund.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the TSN staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TSN?

Have a question about TSN?