Review of TopSEOs

TopSEOs reviews

Tel: 800-874-2458

walters105
2/10/19

Having been around the block when it comes to getting marketing done online I've used their website a fair bunch when looking to connect my clients with a great SEO company. I've used TopSEOs as a resource since around 2007 and it has always given me a good idea of who is doing well and who offers the best value at any given time. Given how much the SEO industry changes over time at the whim of Google, they have helped me stay up to date on who can actually achieve the results and which companies fall off the board over time. What worked two years ago is outdated at this point.

josepha164
2/5/19

There are two places on the website where you can find a company. They have their rankings which is what their team believes to be good companies to hire, and then there is the directory which I could completely leave alone given how many companies there are. You'll never know what you're getting until you see their proposal, if they even send one. However, the rankings that they have at the top of the website seem to be the best bet when it comes to connecting with different SEO companies. We've had great experiences with it.

stewartc32
1/31/19

This website has proven to be a good starting point, though I make sure to do my own research on the companies we are considering. We've hired two different firms now that have both been successful projects. A successful redesign has helped us stand apart from others in our space and a SEO and PPC campaign has helped us drive a ton of traffic to our website in a relatively short period of time. If you use it as a starting point to find good companies and then connect directly with them, I would say it is a pretty solid and accurate resource. The fact that they have reviews on the website also helps weed out the companies that take the money and run, though it seems they do a good job of doing that themselves in their lists.

cuntu
1/28/19

This company keep emailing me, I've received over 30+ emails after repeatedly asking them to remove my address from their tacky outreach campaigns

lasseg3
1/23/19

Whoever pays at least $1,000 is placed on the list. So basically this is just a list of paid ads and not an objective ranking list.

laneyp
11/15/18

They have a long list of what are "leaders" in affiliate marketing. I called 10 and there were 2 that are out of business and have been for at least 3 years, 1 that has an inaccurate phone number, 1 that says they do affiliate but actually is a finders' service to find you affiliates. The misleading one contradicted themselves too many times to count. One guy was saying stuff like "You spoke to Brian yesterday, right?" I commented, "I thought you said you were Brian." He would come back with, "Yes I am Brian, but you spoke with him right?" I asked for his last name and he is the same guy but not quite right in the head. This guy told me there were no upfront fees and sent me a proposal with what the upfront fees are. This is the only company that almost had me fooled. The others were upfront that the information was inaccurate. I contacted the TopSEOs company and all they could do is make a sales pitch that the "leaders" list are the top companies. HINT The ones I called.

chrisp189
9/15/18

It's all make believe. Made up names of fictional companies. etc etc

richardu24
8/22/18

I emailed their support team multiple times and never got a response. I would even send several follow-ups and would never hear back. You can get them to answer you on livechat where they will direct you to speak to support... who never email you back.

You can't get a hold of anyone at this company!

The whole company model is sketchy and is basically just trying to sell advertising space which isn't a bad thing, they are just a terrible company.

karusunek
5/25/17

I've used the website quite a few times to get some information about internet marketing or to figure out which companies seem to be doing well. Have connected with a few companies which have done some really great work. I primarily work with SEO companies to supplement what I do, and the work they do is a life saver most of the time. Never had a negative experience with the website or those which I found through it, and the website itself has gone through a number of revisions which has made it even easier to use and navigate. Had a few dialogues with them, each one a positive experience and quite insightful.

roxanel1
4/21/17

topseos.com keep adding my websites on there with nonsense info. They just make up phone numbers and CEOs and revenue etc. I've asked them to repeatedly remove my listings but they don't listing. I'm willing to bet 99.9% of the listings on that site are also made up nonsense.

jamesd225
4/6/16

I agree with some of the other posts on here, feel some of the other companies are a bit miffed because they are not high up the rankings because they have not paid. Yes you have to pay, same as Google PPC, if you want the top position you got to pay for it. Good leads from TopSEO's.

micahelm
9/14/15

Through their listing on SEO companies i have contacted several of the companies and went with one that was a good fit. Been with the same company now for over a year and have seen amazing results.

topseos
8/13/15

Pay to place. No review process. These guys are scum.

markj109
7/15/15

A lot of marketers and business owners don't trust folks in SEO because of operators like TopSEOS dot com.

I have direct knowledge of how they work. They charge for placement. They do not check to verify if an agency even DOES SEO, much less if they do it well.

DO YOUR RESEARCH.

SEO firms should be able to demonstrate success (check their clients' projects on semrush.com and see if they're getting decent organic visibility/traffic; call references; verify the experience of the individuals who would be assigned to your effort).

Good SEO should not be cheap. If it is, there is a reason that it is.

If you are unsure about someone, do not go blindly into an engagement. Do not start cutting checks to an SEO firm until you have a firm grasp as to how you are going to make money from the effort, you understand the approximate scope, you understand how much of an investment you may need to make until you are ROI positive on the effort, and you have the financial situation to fund it without freaking out (and the patience for the process).

SEO can work extremely well and drive tons of value. SEO is, however, "work" and it's work (and strategy) that needs to be driven by experienced practitioners.

You most likely will not find these types of individuals/firms listed on TopSEOs.

jayp49
6/8/15

All the companies that rank pay for their rankings. I used 2 different companies that ranked at the top and they could not deliver for the outrageous prices they charged. I felt like a fool after I found out. Do your own research and don't believe anything on this site. Any good reviews you see are most likely written by someone from topseos.

scotty136
10/29/14

Topseos has always been transparent with me and fair in regards to how everything would be put together. I feel like the below reviews may be scorned companies that were either not ranked well on topseos or just a refusal to do business with them. I've had my company on topseos.com for several years now, and in that time have seen an enormous amount of value to what they've offered to me as an agency. They periodically even mystery shop my sales office to ensure the tactics used are not deceptive or misleading in any way. When I signed up they called a list of clients I approved for them to call. I did have one complaint which was submitted to topseos about us, they reached out to me on this to have it resolved, which it did get fixed and my client and I parted ways on a positive note. Do they charge, of course they charge, I'd be skeptical of their intentions if they didn't. It's a modest price that everyone who wants to be a part of the rankings pays. If you don't need or want to be ranked, it doesn't mean your a bad company it just means you weren't backed by topseos.com. In the end I've had a great experience and my customers seem to like their choice they found on topseos.

Tip for consumers: As a consumer looking at topseos.com, always do your own homework in addition to what topseos.com has listed when choosing a company. However this site is a great place to start!

johnt187
10/12/14

Pay for placement SCAM. Just banned off of Google. Don't trust one "review" or a company listed as they pay to get on as well.

davidb210
6/24/14

I unfortunately was under the impression the companies ranked on this site were ranked based on their merits. That is NOT the case. These rankings are paid rankings. I chose several of the top ranked SEOs and just got ripped of each time. Until I realised what was going on. Do lots of due diligence outside of this site on the companies you want to use.

dannyr8
1/22/13

TopSEOs.com is a paid for placement service and not a legit ranking service. If you want to pay to get ranked you can do that, but where does that leave customers like us trying to find the best company to work with. We got scammed and ripped off from one of the so-called top agencies that could not perform for the large fees they charged us.

jonathonw
4/12/10

While doing some research on different search engine optimization companies for a few of the websites and publications that I help write for and edit for and found a few great companies that have been able to do a great job for them. I use the website for informational purposes and as a way to check a company before we use their services regardless of the service. It's a great website with great functionality and is organized. I am able to access it very easily.

haydenm
2/19/10

topseos.com helped me find the right SEO firm for my company while other SEO firms were unable to deliver. It has substantially helped me with bringing in new customers and driving traffic to my website. Viewing their rankings and criteria helped me better understand how to pick the right company for the job as opposed to the wrong company.

Questions? Get answers from the TopSEOs staff and other customers.

TopSEOs?