Review of TopCashback

Wilmington, DE 19808, US
contact@topcashback.com

paulab218
2/21/19

I had a question and they was very prompt with the answer and was so helpful to me. Also kind and considerate.

nerob1
2/6/19

Shopping online and getting cashback is awesome - win, win. And their CS team is amazing! Keep on doing what you guys are doing!

yuliyaj
2/5/19

Great service. It has several advantages over similar services. Excellent return size. Adequate and prompt support. I sincerely recommend to everyone.

kristoferw1
2/2/19

I ha used TopCashback for over 2 years now I just love them great costumer service and friendly staff

suzyh14
1/31/19

I am a Cashback Newbie but so far I have been very pleased with TopCashback! They have a high rate payback with many options for how you want to receive the cash back. So far in the couple months I have been a member, I have won a Blog Survey, won several Cashback "Sweet Treat" Rewards games, and received Rebates from several retailers. The awesome feature is you have options for how you would like your cash back. So far, I have had cash go directly to my bank account and I also received a Virtual Visa card with higher payback. Customer service has been very responsive with my questions (newbie!). The only drawback seems to be that some retailers take longer than others. The Payable + tab shows just how long, so that helps. Thank you TopCashback!!

nicolet190
1/28/19

I never write reviews. Do not use this company. Their customer service is terrible. Use Ebates. You are guaranteed your money and they will back your claims. I purchased a hotel on Priceline and used Topcashback as the website first and after 3+ months of submitting a claim (because the money never appeared), it comes back and says that I am not owed the money because I clicked another site WHICH I DID NOT.

Trust me...I am just a normal customer, I don't work for Ebates, l just would hate to see someone deal with what I did.

With Ebates, you know it is working because of the little E tag at the top right that turns green. Plus, if you are missing cash back, they don't have you wait that long...they will usually give it to you and give you the customer the benefit of any doubt.

The money takes just as long, if not longer, than Ebates to be able to be eligible to take out and even then, you have to keep checking to see if it is eligible. With Ebates, you know the date of when to expect your money.

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Nicole,

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience when purchasing at Priceline through TopCashback. Whilst we do hope that every purchase is successful in earning cashback, we can only pass on the amounts that we receive payment for and if the retailer decides to decline your claim due to us not being the last referrer of your purchase, there is little more we can do to have this overturned if you have already followed the claims process.

Whilst other cashback sites may pay out on these amounts, you'll also find they usually pay less and this is because they keep a portion of your cashback to make it easier to pay you in the future. We like to pass on as much as we can from the beginning to make the biggest savings but it does mean that we can't pass anything across if they think you have used another channel to make your purchase. In future, it's worth making sure you start with an empty basket and don't use any coupon codes or discounts if they aren't from our website.

anjuh
1/28/19

Though it too longer than expected I am glad I got the cashback it took 5 months for it to show payable but it did.

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Anju,

I'm glad to hear that you got paid this amount! If you do find that the estimated payable speed has passed and this still isn't payable in future, please do drop a message over to our support team either through a support ticket (www.TopCashback.com/help/54) or through our Facebook page. We'd be happy to take a look for you.

perop
1/21/19

DO NOT waste your time with this scam of a website!! They make promises of cash back and then mysteriously decline it saying the merchant declined!!I got a message from this $#*!ing website, they promised me $7 cashbackOf course I didn't get it.,They told me they didn't send me a message,but my friend...SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Pero,

I can assure you that we are not a scam. We never put a 'promise' on cashback and the cashback would have been declined by the retailer and not ourselves. This would have been explained to you whilst in contact with our team whether this was on a support ticket or missing cashback claim. Whilst we understand that these decisions can be frustrating, it does not mean we are a scam but rather that not all terms and conditions were met.

If you would like to have this looked into further at all, please do feel free to send a support ticket in and ask for myself or you can reach me through our Facebook page and I can advise you further on why this might of happened.

drmichaele
1/6/19

Three months ago Rick Broida (Cheapskate) recommended TopCashBack. So, I joined, and carefully went through the process to get $20 back. I purchase ink from Best Buy, being careful to go through Cashback first, as specified.

Well, it is three months later, and not only did I not get $20, this possibly fraudulent company does not even show my having made that purchase!

TopCashBack needs to change its name to NoCashBack.

UPDATE Jan. 2019
Per other respondents, I filed a ticket with TopCashBack and I actually did get my $20 after all. So, I am elevating my score from one star to two stars. I was tempted to go to three stars, but a company that can't even get your first cashback claim should still be in the spotlight until it either straightens out or goes out of busines.

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Dr-Michael E,

I'm glad to hear that you received your cashback on this purchase you made. I do apologize for the system error on this not being paid to you but it's nice to hear our team were able to sort this out for you. If you ever need anything else looking into, you can always reach us through a support ticket or myself through our Facebook page. We're always happy to help.

judyl211
12/15/18

Nice site.I received my cashback very quickly.Although it was not cash just a gift card lol.They do not give alot back but it depends on where you order or how much the cashback offer is.I continue to use it.Anything back on a purchase is better than nothing.

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Judy,

I'm going to guess that the Gift Card was a sign up bonus you were eligible for? Other than this though, you can request payment by Bank transfer or PayPal if you don't want to use our many Gift Card options :)

I don't wanna brag, but we do usually have the highest rates and if you see one of our main competitors with a higher rate, we'll match this for you so you can keep using your TopCashabck account! - https://www.topcashback.com/account/enquiries/highestcashbackguarantees

ma157
12/13/18

So far pays 1 small cashback out of 2 and systematically declines all medium to large cashbacks. They promise you great returns but ended up acknowledging 15% of they money owed at best. It's probably just one of these clever online frauds.

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi M A,

We are clever but we aren't fraud. We always aim to save you as much money as possible but we do have to receive payment from the retailer in order to pay yourself. The amount that you have spent or expect in cashback will not play a part in whether this is paid or not but whether the terms and conditions have been met. If you have any trouble with your purchases at all then I'd suggest lodging a missing cashback claim. If we can't recover the cashback then we should receive a reason for why it's not being paid.

brianp320
10/19/18

Made many cash back purchases on other sites without any issues. Tried TopCashBack but after months of arguing with them and providing proof, they still deny my claim. Absolute scam of a company. Avoid TCB like the plague!

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Brian,

Most cashback sites use the same affiliate networks so your cashback should progress the same regardless of the site it tracks to. Although you may have proof that a purchase was made, if we were not passed across the cashback from the retailer or if they don't see TopCashback as the last referrer, there is very little more we are able to do in these cases.

I can assure you though that we are not a scam and that if we receive payment, we'll pay you. If you would like me to take a further look into your account, please do feel free to contact myself through Facebook and I'll see what I can do.

justs14
10/16/18

I would not recommend this website for cash back. I have made several purchases uses top cash back and only 1 was approved. They make the process difficult, it can take MONTHS to be approved from the transaction, and it can take even longer to receive your cash back. I have never had any issues with Ebates and I have made hundreds of dollar transactions with them. I have even tried frugal and they seem to be a lot easier to earn transactions. I would not recommend using them; if your end result is to earn cash back with the purchase.... do not chance it with top cash back. They will give excuses with "mis clicks", u must clear your cookies before the transaction, and never use coupon codes with online transactions. The whole purpose of purchasing online is using coupon codes for savings. To clear your cookies before the transaction would cause you to have to re log in and re add items into your cart online. This makes no sense at all. Complete waste of time.

darthv1
10/1/18

Not only they didn't pay me the cash back, they also deleted my account!!!! Stay away from this shady company

faita
8/13/18

I have used cashback sites for years and TopCashback would be decent except it doesn't always work. Maybe it does five out of ten times? Then you have to submit a cashback claim. Then you have to encounter its customer service, which is a frustrating experience. These employees do not read what you've written and re-ask questions or you find yourself going around in circles and wanting to bang your head against a wall. Excuse after excuse is given for not awarding cashback, even if you didn't get it due to TopCashback's error - eg: I was told auto cashback at one vendor was 10 percent but after spending $450 on tires it turned out tires were excluded from earning cashback but TopCashback's page did not make that clear! It chooses to not live by its 'fair play' policy. It must simply be a marketing gimmick.

I like a good deal but I enjoy my time more.

I would rather use coupons from RetailMeNot or earn cashback through Ebates - I've never had a problem there.

maheshs12
4/11/18

Undoubtedly, the cashback is higher than the other websites [except some stores.] The earnings from referral and signup are also great. I had referral signup from one of the sites, I had whopping 25$ as a signup bonus. And though there is no minimum threshold for the payout, you have to wait as long as 4-5 months for your earnings to be confirmed and payable, and that s*cks.

Pros:
1. High CB
2. Multiple payout options
3. No payout threshold

Cons:
1. Have to wait as long as 4-5 months for earnings to be payable
2. Minimum 10$ in CB for the referral bonus to be confirmed.

mikep275
3/25/18

10 Pounds and Argos Voucher for 5 pounds with my link
love website with my link you will receive 10 pounds welcome bonus plus Argos voucher , just copy and paste link in web
i saved personal over 300 from December ,used for switching suppliers ,insurance ,home ,broadband ,ebay,and much MORE

topcashback.co.uk/
ref/member1256433204026 use my link to get welcome bonus

murrayb34
2/12/18

Promise of consistently high cash back fails because so many purchases are never confirmed. Despite linking through the topcashback website, some purchases are never verified and paid. Customer Service is always the same .... merchant does not approve the transaction, we have to Way to track the transaction, sorry.

willc51
7/12/17

Ive used click through referral purchase websites for over 10 years. About a year ago I was lured into the TCB site by all the claims if higher % payouts on purchases when compared to other sites I've used. Often these payout rates were 2 to 3 times higher, or claimed fewer restrictions than competition.
For a year I made small purchases and found the rate to be accurate. Earning a total of $100 CB. Based on that I made a very large purchase clicking through the site. The rate was higher than competition (as typical) and I completed every step to verify my claim through TCB was valid. Cookies cleared. Browser filters turned off. Item placed in cart after clicking through. Never clicked through any other site. I even immediately noted transaction following purchase. The only thing I did do was video screen grab entire process. The CB was for $42+ so I very careful. After purchase the site even registered the click 3 min prior to my purchase so it appeared the system was working. As per T&C the pending process can take some time. After 1 month I opened a CS claim to investigate the issue about a month later I was told vender reported transaction was made going through another CB site. This was impossible. After several emails back an forth it was determined that either TCB was lying about the status of my claim OR vendor was (Expedia.com). Either way TCB had no interest in getting additional details or providing them - and I wasn't getting my money.
Long story shirt. Don't trust those great CB rates - my experience proves they WON'T go to bat for you when their is a descrepency and you have proof. If they offer 6% back and a competitor offers 4% consider the fact the real rate might be 0% when your claim is denied. I'd highly recommend their competition: ebates.com, MrRebates.com, DollarDig.com. In my experience the CB rates are lower but CS and claim accuracy is much higher. When I've had issues they were quick to investigate and explain situation completely.
I gave TCB every possible avenue to rectify this in any possible way - still they have no interest which is a shame. You might say I've had a yr of good transactions and only one bad one, but that one was for almost half $ value of the others. If a site can't be trusted for the large purchases then it's only a matter of time they won't be able to be trusted for the small purchases - ones you won't spend much effort getting resolved.
Before you use their service consider my experiences... You've been warned!

stephenw85
4/25/17

I used Hoppa Taxis from the Airport to Berlin city last April. I booked via TOP CASH BACK with the promise of £8.70 back from my return fare of over £40. I am still waiting for it and after countless emails to TCB all they do is make excuses. Over a year has passed and looking on the site I have another TWO MONTHS to wait before the cash is released. 14 MONTHS to get a paltry amount back. If I ever go back to Berlin I will not use Hoppa or TOP CASH BACK as it looks like I`ll be getting Top Bus Back in future or the Top Train Back and forth. What a joke AVOID THEM PLEASE or they will drive you up to the Top of the Wall and Back.

Tip for consumers: Use the train instead. It must be cheaper.

rodrigod5
3/22/16

This cashback site offers one of the highest rebates and also features a "Highest Cashback Guarantee". This means you can tell TopCashback If you see a better cashback offer elsewhere, submit a highest cashback guarantee claim and itll match it! . Also, if you select Amazon Gift Card as payment option, you get 2% more. That's awesome!

Questions? Get answers from the TopCashback staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TopCashback