Review of TopCashback

Wilmington, DE 19808, US
contact@topcashback.com

sm431
6/25/19

I have signed up twice, made purchases and never received a dime. Topcashback does not seem to have a phone number or email to contact them so I can't resolve this issue. If I try to submit a ticket, it won't accept it. Who has time for this???

chads189
6/23/19

This site is a joke. You will NOT get paid, don't be fooled by their high cash back rebates. You will not get it.They cost me a lot of money. I have used Ebates and Mr.Rebates for 9 years now. I signed up for TopCashBack because they advertised higher cash Back rates than anywhere else. There is a reason for that, they keep it all. I know how to use Cash back sites and used TopCashBack the same as always. It's pretty simple but they make it harder than it has to be. Well over half, probably 75% of my Rebates were not given to me. I made about 20 transactions and maybe got 5 of them, all for small amounts. I make so many purchases online and I don't have time to babysit these kind of websites. I opened up claims to get my cashback but there was always some excuse not to pay me. It's not worth my time to get all the required info to PROVE my rebate. I shouldn't have to prove anything, your website should work as intended. I rarely if ever have issues with Ebates or Mr.Rebates so I'm sticking with them. Please don't believe any positive reviews you read about topcashback because there is no way they are real reviews. Trust me it is not worth your time or lost money to hopefully get a few extra % back. I closed my account with them. Hopefully someone shuts them down or starts a class action lawsuit against them because they deserve it and I will be the first one to sign up for the lawsuit.

amya250
5/17/19

As an regular shopper on aliexpress i had a cart full of items i already have picked out. i heard about top cash back and was checking it out and saw aliexpress on there and clicked. it then opened my app and i went to my cart just looking. a lot of the items more than doubled in price. a $20 purse went to $46, $10 shirts went to $20. So I closed the browser and app. then reopened the app like normal and prices were lower again. I tried this a few times and same thing. They are making a huge profit scamming people on prices just on that one site. So I can imagine it is the same on other sites. I wouldn't bother with this app for that reason. If you use this make sure you research your prices before clicking thru their site, I have a feeling they jack up the prices on all sites.

susana440
5/16/19

This site is a fraud! You will not see any cash back from purchases or travel!! They give every excuse to not pay. Not clearing "cookies" etc. even though you have proof of purchase or that you took a trip etc. None of these excuses are posted on their website so they are NEGLIGENT! Had to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission because I am out over $700. I could have used another legit cash back website and not had any problems but I gave them a try for the first time. BIG MISTAKE. Avoid this website!!!

jackj161
5/9/19

Don't take a chance on using top cash back, you will not get paid out. They come up with every excuse every time as to why you weren't paid. Start with oh you didn't click through our website, um yes I did here's the proof. Oh you used a promo code, no I didn't use a promo code, oh then you didn't clear your cookies, yes I cleared my cookies here's the proof, oh then you used a different account, um no again here's the proof, oh let me check further for you...... as time and time - months and months go by..... let me nudge this shat more.... more time goes by, oh let me contact the retailer........ unfortunately the retailer didn't approve the transaction. Sorry. LOL.... this will happen. So I contacted the retailer.... the retailer didn't know who top cash back was but they knew Ebates. They looked into top cash back and told me they would not recommend them. When you try to use top cash back u can't use another cash back site and you lose out on that cash back for that purchase. You also can't believe the positive reviews from trustpilot because businesses pay for people to review to improve their SEO search engine. It's on their website. This is the biggest joke and scam.

barryh105
4/18/19

Just as their name suggests, TopCashBack.com gives consumers "cash back" when they make online purchases. AND --- just as their name suggests --- TCB (from my experience with them) provides the "Top" cash back of all "cash back" websites. To "Top" it off, if you ever have a problem, their excellent customer service team will quickly solve it for you. I have personally dealt with a representative named "Jack" --- and have found him to be the best CSR I have dealt with in my entire life! --- Signed, Barry H.

nicolass38
4/14/19

My experience with TopCashback has been beyond my expectations. I think the reason why some people don't try it is because they think it's too good to be true, or they wonder "what's the catch?" I personally received close to $80.00 in cash back since I started using it late last year. It's only been somewhere around 5 transactions. I guess I need to use it more. To me it allows me to buy photographic equipment (Fuji) and get an additional discount no matter their promotion. Also purchased car repair supplies.
There was 1 issue from a merchant who did not pay out right away, but the customer service team did a fabulous job helping me recover my cash back! I have received all my payouts so far. Combine this with the points you get with your credit card... This is more money in my pocket, thanks to TopCashback!
So thank you, and thank you, and thanks again!
Attached is a screenshot of my payout from my TopCashback account :)

markc755
4/3/19

I've sent at least 3 Support Tickets for the same issue. I've never received a response. I can't redeem my earned cash back until the problem is resolved. Maybe that's why I'm being ignored???

vickyr29
4/2/19

Write your review

This cashback site is a SCAM. I have took a car insurance policy through Compare the Market via this cashback site and offered £30 cashback (offer is still active at the time of writing yhis review) but the cashback never processed and now customercare is saying as per terms and condition cashback is not guaranteed. Is this a joke if its not guaranteed then why start a cashback site and show offers still active. Should have taken through Quidco which is very much better than this scammers and always track cashback immidiatly and pays on time. Only reason I took through this cowboys to save some more quids as through Quidco same policy was £10 expensive but still have haved me £20.

paulab218
2/21/19

I had a question and they was very prompt with the answer and was so helpful to me. Also kind and considerate.

nerob1
2/6/19

Shopping online and getting cashback is awesome - win, win. And their CS team is amazing! Keep on doing what you guys are doing!

yuliyaj
2/5/19

Great service. It has several advantages over similar services. Excellent return size. Adequate and prompt support. I sincerely recommend to everyone.

kristoferw1
2/2/19

I ha used TopCashback for over 2 years now I just love them great costumer service and friendly staff

suzyh14
1/31/19

I am a Cashback Newbie but so far I have been very pleased with TopCashback! They have a high rate payback with many options for how you want to receive the cash back. So far in the couple months I have been a member, I have won a Blog Survey, won several Cashback "Sweet Treat" Rewards games, and received Rebates from several retailers. The awesome feature is you have options for how you would like your cash back. So far, I have had cash go directly to my bank account and I also received a Virtual Visa card with higher payback. Customer service has been very responsive with my questions (newbie!). The only drawback seems to be that some retailers take longer than others. The Payable + tab shows just how long, so that helps. Thank you TopCashback!!

nicolet190
1/28/19

I never write reviews. Do not use this company. Their customer service is terrible. Use Ebates. You are guaranteed your money and they will back your claims. I purchased a hotel on Priceline and used Topcashback as the website first and after 3+ months of submitting a claim (because the money never appeared), it comes back and says that I am not owed the money because I clicked another site WHICH I DID NOT.

Trust me...I am just a normal customer, I don't work for Ebates, l just would hate to see someone deal with what I did.

With Ebates, you know it is working because of the little E tag at the top right that turns green. Plus, if you are missing cash back, they don't have you wait that long...they will usually give it to you and give you the customer the benefit of any doubt.

The money takes just as long, if not longer, than Ebates to be able to be eligible to take out and even then, you have to keep checking to see if it is eligible. With Ebates, you know the date of when to expect your money.

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Nicole,

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience when purchasing at Priceline through TopCashback. Whilst we do hope that every purchase is successful in earning cashback, we can only pass on the amounts that we receive payment for and if the retailer decides to decline your claim due to us not being the last referrer of your purchase, there is little more we can do to have this overturned if you have already followed the claims process.

Whilst other cashback sites may pay out on these amounts, you'll also find they usually pay less and this is because they keep a portion of your cashback to make it easier to pay you in the future. We like to pass on as much as we can from the beginning to make the biggest savings but it does mean that we can't pass anything across if they think you have used another channel to make your purchase. In future, it's worth making sure you start with an empty basket and don't use any coupon codes or discounts if they aren't from our website.

anjuh
1/28/19

Though it too longer than expected I am glad I got the cashback it took 5 months for it to show payable but it did.

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Anju,

I'm glad to hear that you got paid this amount! If you do find that the estimated payable speed has passed and this still isn't payable in future, please do drop a message over to our support team either through a support ticket (www.TopCashback.com/help/54) or through our Facebook page. We'd be happy to take a look for you.

perop
1/21/19

DO NOT waste your time with this scam of a website!! They make promises of cash back and then mysteriously decline it saying the merchant declined!!I got a message from this $#*!ing website, they promised me $7 cashbackOf course I didn't get it.,They told me they didn't send me a message,but my friend...SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Pero,

I can assure you that we are not a scam. We never put a 'promise' on cashback and the cashback would have been declined by the retailer and not ourselves. This would have been explained to you whilst in contact with our team whether this was on a support ticket or missing cashback claim. Whilst we understand that these decisions can be frustrating, it does not mean we are a scam but rather that not all terms and conditions were met.

If you would like to have this looked into further at all, please do feel free to send a support ticket in and ask for myself or you can reach me through our Facebook page and I can advise you further on why this might of happened.

drmichaele
1/6/19

Three months ago Rick Broida (Cheapskate) recommended TopCashBack. So, I joined, and carefully went through the process to get $20 back. I purchase ink from Best Buy, being careful to go through Cashback first, as specified.

Well, it is three months later, and not only did I not get $20, this possibly fraudulent company does not even show my having made that purchase!

TopCashBack needs to change its name to NoCashBack.

UPDATE Jan. 2019
Per other respondents, I filed a ticket with TopCashBack and I actually did get my $20 after all. So, I am elevating my score from one star to two stars. I was tempted to go to three stars, but a company that can't even get your first cashback claim should still be in the spotlight until it either straightens out or goes out of busines.

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Dr-Michael E,

I'm glad to hear that you received your cashback on this purchase you made. I do apologize for the system error on this not being paid to you but it's nice to hear our team were able to sort this out for you. If you ever need anything else looking into, you can always reach us through a support ticket or myself through our Facebook page. We're always happy to help.

judyl211
12/15/18

Nice site.I received my cashback very quickly.Although it was not cash just a gift card lol.They do not give alot back but it depends on where you order or how much the cashback offer is.I continue to use it.Anything back on a purchase is better than nothing.

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Judy,

I'm going to guess that the Gift Card was a sign up bonus you were eligible for? Other than this though, you can request payment by Bank transfer or PayPal if you don't want to use our many Gift Card options :)

I don't wanna brag, but we do usually have the highest rates and if you see one of our main competitors with a higher rate, we'll match this for you so you can keep using your TopCashabck account! - https://www.topcashback.com/account/enquiries/highestcashbackguarantees

ma157
12/13/18

So far pays 1 small cashback out of 2 and systematically declines all medium to large cashbacks. They promise you great returns but ended up acknowledging 15% of they money owed at best. It's probably just one of these clever online frauds.

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi M A,

We are clever but we aren't fraud. We always aim to save you as much money as possible but we do have to receive payment from the retailer in order to pay yourself. The amount that you have spent or expect in cashback will not play a part in whether this is paid or not but whether the terms and conditions have been met. If you have any trouble with your purchases at all then I'd suggest lodging a missing cashback claim. If we can't recover the cashback then we should receive a reason for why it's not being paid.

brianp320
10/19/18

Made many cash back purchases on other sites without any issues. Tried TopCashBack but after months of arguing with them and providing proof, they still deny my claim. Absolute scam of a company. Avoid TCB like the plague!

Response from Jack M., TopCashback Representative
Hi Brian,

Most cashback sites use the same affiliate networks so your cashback should progress the same regardless of the site it tracks to. Although you may have proof that a purchase was made, if we were not passed across the cashback from the retailer or if they don't see TopCashback as the last referrer, there is very little more we are able to do in these cases.

I can assure you though that we are not a scam and that if we receive payment, we'll pay you. If you would like me to take a further look into your account, please do feel free to contact myself through Facebook and I'll see what I can do.

justs14
10/16/18

I would not recommend this website for cash back. I have made several purchases uses top cash back and only 1 was approved. They make the process difficult, it can take MONTHS to be approved from the transaction, and it can take even longer to receive your cash back. I have never had any issues with Ebates and I have made hundreds of dollar transactions with them. I have even tried frugal and they seem to be a lot easier to earn transactions. I would not recommend using them; if your end result is to earn cash back with the purchase.... do not chance it with top cash back. They will give excuses with "mis clicks", u must clear your cookies before the transaction, and never use coupon codes with online transactions. The whole purpose of purchasing online is using coupon codes for savings. To clear your cookies before the transaction would cause you to have to re log in and re add items into your cart online. This makes no sense at all. Complete waste of time.

darthv1
10/1/18

Not only they didn't pay me the cash back, they also deleted my account!!!! Stay away from this shady company

faita
8/13/18

I have used cashback sites for years and TopCashback would be decent except it doesn't always work. Maybe it does five out of ten times? Then you have to submit a cashback claim. Then you have to encounter its customer service, which is a frustrating experience. These employees do not read what you've written and re-ask questions or you find yourself going around in circles and wanting to bang your head against a wall. Excuse after excuse is given for not awarding cashback, even if you didn't get it due to TopCashback's error - eg: I was told auto cashback at one vendor was 10 percent but after spending $450 on tires it turned out tires were excluded from earning cashback but TopCashback's page did not make that clear! It chooses to not live by its 'fair play' policy. It must simply be a marketing gimmick.

I like a good deal but I enjoy my time more.

I would rather use coupons from RetailMeNot or earn cashback through Ebates - I've never had a problem there.

maheshs12
4/11/18

Undoubtedly, the cashback is higher than the other websites [except some stores.] The earnings from referral and signup are also great. I had referral signup from one of the sites, I had whopping 25$ as a signup bonus. And though there is no minimum threshold for the payout, you have to wait as long as 4-5 months for your earnings to be confirmed and payable, and that s*cks.

Pros:
1. High CB
2. Multiple payout options
3. No payout threshold

Cons:
1. Have to wait as long as 4-5 months for earnings to be payable
2. Minimum 10$ in CB for the referral bonus to be confirmed.

Questions? Get answers from the TopCashback staff and other customers.

6 Photos for TopCashback