This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Top-battery.co.uk

Top-battery.co.uk

Top-battery.co.uk has a consumer rating of 1.82 stars from 39 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Top-battery.co.uk also ranks 82nd among Batteries sites. The most common issues with Top-battery.co.uk are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

How would you rate Top-battery.co.uk?

“Great service”

Anthony H.
4/13/18

Ordered two batteries for Traveler DC 8300 camera despite the negative reviews and was pleasantly surprised at how good the company dealt with my order. The final order form disappeared from my screen but a quick email was answered promptly by Alan which assured me the order had been despatched. The batteries have arrived and are very good. Would buy from them again Tony Hewitt, Derby 12 th April 2018

“Hopeless - avoid these dodgy traders”

David W.
5/10/20

Ordered and paid for camcorder battery - not received after several weeks, so asked why - told item not in stock. Sent several messages which were ignored - contacted BBC Watchdog and eventually got refund but noticed that the out of stock battery has been constantly advertised as in stock. Really dubious outfit.

anthonyh130
April 13th, 2018
Tony Hewitt, Derby 12 th April 2018
davidw2519
May 10th, 2020
radomirc
December 31st, 2015
I bought at your battery (Name:
Luo Xianghua (The recipient of this payment is Non-US - Verified)
Email: *******@top-battery.co.uk
Qty -1Item
Item- Replacement Laptop Battery for DELL M911G
Item # LTPDE085.1 Price- £ 14.61 GBP)
Please how can I track my shipment and when you can expect arrival
thanks
ianm88
February 23rd, 2016
i started to place an order for a battery it said pay with paypal so i did then after instead of a screen for my delivery details it just closed , so i emaild them because I thought I had been ripped off.but they contacted me within houres saying they had my details and every thing was ok,battery has now arrived it was fast ,fits well and works fine .they must get delivery details via PayPal but it would help if they said
petew66
February 22nd, 2019
I was a little concerned at some of the reviews for this company, but as its the only place advertising a specialist charger I needed I had no option but to buy here, I wasn't disappointed, the charger arrived after a few days and is exactly what I needed, try to read past the bad reviews and give them a try if you need something specialist.
ma56194
April 6th, 2017
What a mug I am not seeing these reviews before ordering. They are indeed complete scammers, avoid like your mother in law.
paulaw17
January 12th, 2015
I ordered a battery for my laptop, and then read the awful reviews. I actually received very good service, I was kept up to date on the progress of my order by email, and asked to confirm when it arrived, which was very quickly. The battery works and it was a good price.
michaelc431
April 24th, 2017
I bought a battery for my laptop; it took ages to arrive from China, I thought this is a UK company. The battery didn't fit, I returned it, they claimed it was never received. The shipping company they used MyHermes don't allow batteries to be shipped so my insurance wasn't valid. Avoid this company, they are scam artists. I wishe I had read a review before buying a battery.
tomk48
July 21st, 2014
Battery arrived this morning 21st July 2014
Ordered 11th July.
Correct battery. Fits and is working.

I did e-mail the company over some concerns initially and they responded in 24 hours.
My initial concerns were over a lack of phone contact on the site.
The reply by e-mail was obviously not good English and my concern deepened.

Then I saw some bad reviews. My concerns turned to worry. But there are ways and means of getting your money back.

As it is, the battery arrived. It is in my laptop and charging.
If there are any problems I will come back and post them.
larseyh
July 9th, 2017
Good Morning !
I write to request your co-operation in my desire to find a foreign partner who will assist me in the relocation and Transfer of some amount of money which i have made available for investment purpose abroad in other to secure the future of my children after retirement.

I will like you to assist in the following:
(1) Assist me in the receiving of this sum in your Country.
(2) Advise on areas for potential future investment in your country.
(3) Assist me in carrying a feasibility study before actual investment.
Please state terms and conditions for me and also laws biding for a foreigner to invest in your country,The entire plan of investment will be forwarded to you as soon as I receive your positive response via *******@hotmail.com
Kind Regards,
Larsey Hussain
malh1
January 5th, 2018
Ordered a battery and then read the reviews. Requested a refund and have had no reply since - 4 days ago. Contacted PayPal and should hopefully be receiving a refund.
williamg47
September 20th, 2014
I had to request a replacement, because the first battery they sent was flat and wouldn't charge. Other than that, no problems so far. Both batteries arrived within a few days, and the second one has worked fine so far.
rogera12
March 10th, 2015
I had exactly the same problem with this Con Artist. I won the claim through Paypal and he asked for it to be sent back to China. I then sent a long list of links regarding this person to Paypal showing the Advertising Standards Agency Ruling against his "company" and a lot of other items. Paypal informed me the China will not accept batteries through the post and that they would make the payment directly to me today and not to bother sending the battery back. As a trader using Paypal he is now under scrutiny. He will be stopped I believe if everyone goes to Paypal if that is whom you bought through. Here is the list.

http://www.top-battery.co.uk/contactus.html Company he operates from in Southall number 5 and number 7 Trident Way. Warehousing and Office
http://asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2014/2/Topbatterycouk/SHP_ADJ_250327.aspx#.VPi_bvmsWVq Adjudication against this company by ASA
These are companies he is operating from in Southall or is part of.... Top Battery and 4PXFulfillment UK are one and the same.
These are some of the many pages of reviews where Paypal is mentioned on many occasions.
luisc43
March 11th, 2016
If this is your case, do not hesitate to buy a battery from top-battery-adapter. These XXI century buccaneers sell defective items and ignore any claim for compensation. Do not be fooled by the price: those who sell cheap something worthless remains thieves, even if they disguise themselves as a legal company.
This is my story: I bought online a battery from top-battery- adapter for my laptop. After a few weeks I got it at home. I charged it to 100%. When discharged up to 99%, a Windows message indicating battery low and the warning symbol appears on screen (!!!). With 33% load, the computer goes into hibernation. A week after starting to use the battery, the program Everest Ultimate (hardware analysis utility) indicates a 16% wear (!!!). I have written several messages to Alan from top-battery- adapter Customer Service to indicate the problem and find a solution, and I have not had any response.
"Satisfaction guaranteed" appears on its website. I imagine that it relates to their own satisfaction when they receive an order from a buyer in good faith that, without knowing it, is throwing his money.
robta2
January 27th, 2014
Don't ever buy from them, one of their tricks is to advertise batteries at unbelievably cheap prices, whither they have stock or not! You will not get any confirmation of your order but when you finally get a response from your emails.. they will offer you a refund.. usually through PayPal.. then it takes them several weeks to do this!! In total they have had your money in their account for over a month.. Nice business model!!
johnm483
June 11th, 2015
Hello,
I ordered a replacement Toshiba battery, on 1st June 2015, and it arrived yesterday 10th June from Germany.
I was concerned when I saw the negative reviews dating from 2011, 2012. I paid 24GBP, about 35 euro. I am very happy with replacement battery, and now I have a 90min run time, instead of a 2 minute dud cutting out. Batteries do age, and deteriorate over time, and I suspect mine was 8 years old.

Replacement Laptop Battery for TOSHIBA PA3450U-1BRS
Item# LTPTB053.
The transaction was conducted through Paypal. Emails were answered at 2am/3am, so I do accept the responder is based in the Far East.

Update *** 28th Sept 2015 ****
Folks, I spoke too soon. I used the laptop on battery for 1.5 hours 2 weeks ago, and it died. Plugged in mains, and now battery is 0% after a deep discharge, and won't charge at all. Flat as a pancake!! Need mains full time. I got approx 10 weeks out of it, but it died at the first deep discharge.

Update *** 19th Nov 2015 ****
Ordered a battery from Laptopchargers Info *******@laptopchargers.ie, who are Ireland based. 39.99 + 7 shipping. 4 working days turnaround. It is going very good after 6 weeks of usage.

Regards, JJM,
Galway, Ireland
pauls212
August 28th, 2015
I ordered a battery believing I was dealing with a UK seller, I even used Google maps to check that the address was genuine! (some trading estate). Shortly after ordering I found these helpful comments, and panicked. Fortunately I used PayPal so requested a refund from the seller on the same day (by opening a dispute in their Resolution Centre). Seller refunded in full the next day, and the dispute was closed automatically. Makes me mad the level of fraud this seller is willing to go to, by using a .co.uk website and a fake UK address just to trick people to order from him!

Tip for consumers: Use PAYPAL instead of a credit/debit card for payment.

javierg9
November 27th, 2015
I've found this site searching for Zhang Zheng Li, too late for me!. One month ago I bought a I've found this site searching for Zhang Zheng Li, too late for me!. One month ago I bought a battery for my Tosh laptop from these guys (apparently from China), No problem with the shipment, but the battery lasts less than one hour! I'm sure they are reselling second-hand or defective equipment. After several e-mails and complaints, they say they will send me another, but I have to pay for the shipment (to Spain). I said no, because no guarantee at all that the nest one is Ok. Just for potential buyers: Do not trust Zhang Zheng Lis batteries!
enricc
February 5th, 2015
Two months ago I bought two batteries for my two laptops hp on a website selling batteries was in Portuguese, as a month had not yet received the batteries, examining the receipt of payment Paypal puesd want to complain to this incidence discovered that the payment was made on behalf di Xianghua Luo i in Google saw that this man had a lousy references as a seller.
The question is that as hard Cargano or other buyers say one hour in one of the batteries. Now seeing as I return and claim the amount or send me another. A lousy salesman
johnn529
January 17th, 2014
My Sony laptop battery arrived fairly quickly but discharged after 50 minutes! They sent a replacement but that was the same. Paypal found in my favour but I could not provide a tracking number because Royal Mail do not carry lithium-iron batteries. Avoid these guys.
micks11
March 10th, 2014
Fake website not based in UK and uses royal mail logos, battery is very poor fit and only worked for 2weeks. I have sent many emails and phoned ,no luck .its now nearly 8 months with no luck ,they have my money and are in China ,no chance replacement battery or refund,and they know it just fraudsters...... Keep away from this company.
simonw27
July 4th, 2013
My charger took weeks to arrive, then blew up as soon as I plugged it in. When I emailed the laughingly entitled 'customer service' I was told that there was a problem with my electricity supply.

I've since bought another battery (making sure that this one is coming from the UK) and it works perfectly, of course.

I've no hope of a refund from these people, but I hope I can dissuade anybody else from giving money to them.
klkhfhdfshj
January 23rd, 2014
absolutely awful experience. The website pretends to be a UK shop but batteries ship from China and take 2 weeks to arrive.
Even though it says on the website you can get a refund, the guy just refuses to give one, point blank. So never buy from this site; it is a scam.
arundhatib
February 14th, 2015
UPDATE:

Just thought of updating on what happened next, well, the battery did arrive. However, I refused to accept my courier. Just like someone on this post has mentioned, luckily I had raised a dispute with PayPal much before the actual delivery of this item (i.e. when the courier came to deliver), mentioning dates, delivery timelines, why I will not accept it even if it is sent at a later date (I simply said that their website is mis-leading and I understood I was ordering from UK when I paid but I wasn't going to accept any cross border delivery). Paypal refunded within their set timelines.

--- Original review --
Horrible Experience. Was in a similar situation as most others have mentioned, I needed a battery replacement urgently and this seemed like a genuine UK based company. The only miss from my end was that I usually do a review prior to ordering but I didn't in this case.
Only to realize once the payment was gone that this is a cross-border transaction. Ordered on the 9th Feb and till date not a single email confirmation on whether the order is being processed. There is no way to call or contact them apart from email and hence have now raised a dispute through Paypal.
Feeling foolish and cheated! Like the rating states - Stay Away!
shaunj4
February 6th, 2015
Avoid avoid avoid, not UK (discovered afterwards) gave them a chance then battery stopped working.

They promised to send FOC replacement but then nothing and no replies.

Not able to put zero stars

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Top-battery.co.uk staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Top-battery.co.uk?

Have a question about Top-battery.co.uk?