Top-battery.co.uk reviews

petew66
2/22/19
I was a little concerned at some of the reviews for this company, but as its the only place advertising a specialist charger I needed I had no option but to buy here, I wasn't disappointed, the charger arrived after a few days and is exactly what I needed, try to read past the bad reviews and give them a try if you need something specialist.
anthonyh130
4/13/18
Ordered two batteries for Traveler DC 8300 camera despite the negative reviews and was pleasantly surprised at how good the company dealt with my order.
The final order form disappeared from my screen but a quick email was answered promptly by Alan which assured me the order had been despatched. The batteries have arrived and are very good. Would buy from them again
Tony Hewitt, Derby 12 th April 2018
malh1
1/5/18
Ordered a battery and then read the reviews. Requested a refund and have had no reply since - 4 days ago. Contacted PayPal and should hopefully be receiving a refund.
larseyh
7/9/17
Good Morning !
I write to request your co-operation in my desire to find a foreign partner who will assist me in the relocation and Transfer of some amount of money which i have made available for investment purpose abroad in other to secure the future of my children after retirement.

I will like you to assist in the following:
(1) Assist me in the receiving of this sum in your Country.
(2) Advise on areas for potential future investment in your country.
(3) Assist me in carrying a feasibility study before actual investment.
Please state terms and conditions for me and also laws biding for a foreigner to invest in your country,The entire plan of investment will be forwarded to you as soon as I receive your positive response via *****@hotmail.com
Kind Regards,
Larsey Hussain
andyh67
5/24/17
I ordered a replacement Apple Laptop Battery from this Company in April 2017 which arrived 3 days later. The battery had no charge after installation and after leaving it on charge for a whole day was still flat.

Being an engineer, I ran a diagnostics test using a well know app. which came up with the result that the battery was not new and was in fact manufactured in 2010.

I immediately contacted Topbatteries.co.uk and told them of the situation as I thought maybe there is some mistake here and the wrong battery had been mistakenly sent out, but a guy called Terry told me the battery was not theirs which was crazy, I know I bought it from them.

I then realised that I had not in fact received any receipt by email from them and only had the webpage print out, but I did pay by PAYPAL so I checked their receipt which showed the payment went to a Chinese person by the name of: HUIZHOUSHIX.

I opened a complaint through the PayPal resolution Centre to communicate with this seller who told me to return the battery back to an address as follows in the UK:

WEA Return, Unit 10, Explorer Voyager Park, Portfield Road, Hilsea, Portsmouth. PO3 5FL.

If you check out this address on the internet you will find it belongs to a Stonebridge United Ltd, there are many Chinese Companies trading out of this address and there is currently a campaign regarding VAT and other Fraudulent activity from this address where people have not received good, returns have got lost and refunds have not been made including mine.

incidentally, this is the same trading address as Top Batteries.co.uk, so they where lying too.

Here are some links to read further on this Companies address activities:

So as you can see from the information on the above sites that topbattery.co.uk is involved in some kind of scam to take your money, process it through to China and even worse - you don't get the goods, receive faulty goods or return them back and they say they haven't arrived.

PAYPAL PROTECTION SCHEME - On another note, you would expect PAYPAL would have protected my payment under their Protection Scheme, DO NOT use PayPAL as you are not covered, they don't like to pay out and make any excuse not to. In any case, you are not covered by the Section 75 Visa / MasterCard guarantee when using PayPal, so if your purchase is over £100, you can't recover your losses from your Credit Card Company.

So beware, do not buy from Topbattery.co.uk and DO NOT use PayPal as the latter is involved in some way with this scam.
michaelc431
4/24/17
I bought a battery for my laptop; it took ages to arrive from China, I thought this is a UK company. The battery didn't fit, I returned it, they claimed it was never received. The shipping company they used MyHermes don't allow batteries to be shipped so my insurance wasn't valid. Avoid this company, they are scam artists. I wishe I had read a review before buying a battery.
ma56194
4/6/17
What a mug I am not seeing these reviews before ordering. They are indeed complete scammers, avoid like your mother in law.
luisc43
3/11/16
If this is your case, do not hesitate to buy a battery from top-battery-adapter. These XXI century buccaneers sell defective items and ignore any claim for compensation. Do not be fooled by the price: those who sell cheap something worthless remains thieves, even if they disguise themselves as a legal company.
This is my story: I bought online a battery from top-battery- adapter for my laptop. After a few weeks I got it at home. I charged it to 100%. When discharged up to 99%, a Windows message indicating battery low and the warning symbol appears on screen (!!!). With 33% load, the computer goes into hibernation. A week after starting to use the battery, the program Everest Ultimate (hardware analysis utility) indicates a 16% wear (!!!). I have written several messages to Alan from top-battery- adapter Customer Service to indicate the problem and find a solution, and I have not had any response.
"Satisfaction guaranteed" appears on its website. I imagine that it relates to their own satisfaction when they receive an order from a buyer in good faith that, without knowing it, is throwing his money.
ianm88
2/23/16
i started to place an order for a battery it said pay with paypal so i did then after instead of a screen for my delivery details it just closed , so i emaild them because I thought I had been ripped off.but they contacted me within houres saying they had my details and every thing was ok,battery has now arrived it was fast ,fits well and works fine .they must get delivery details via PayPal but it would help if they said
radomirc
12/31/15
I bought at your battery (Name:
Luo Xianghua (The recipient of this payment is Non-US - Verified)
Email: *****@top-battery.co.uk
Qty -1Item
Item- Replacement Laptop Battery for DELL M911G
Item # LTPDE085.1 Price- £ 14.61 GBP)
Please how can I track my shipment and when you can expect arrival
thanks
javierg9
11/27/15
I've found this site searching for Zhang Zheng Li, too late for me!. One month ago I bought a I've found this site searching for Zhang Zheng Li, too late for me!. One month ago I bought a battery for my Tosh laptop from these guys (apparently from China), No problem with the shipment, but the battery lasts less than one hour! I'm sure they are reselling second-hand or defective equipment. After several e-mails and complaints, they say they will send me another, but I have to pay for the shipment (to Spain). I said no, because no guarantee at all that the nest one is Ok. Just for potential buyers: Do not trust Zhang Zheng Lis batteries!
miguelh27
11/6/15

no existe en Internet y que fue creado par de meses hace!

http://www.tcjb.pl/ -- FRAUD

TRUCK CENTER JÓZEF BIEŁOUS Sp. z o.o.

Legal business address:
Tadeusza Wendy 13G
80-299 Gdańsk
POLAND

Park; Service; Office location:
Jesienna 32
80-298 Gdańsk
POLAND

Establishment date: 2005-09-01 .....no existe en Internet y que fue creado par de meses hace!

Province: Pomeranian

Jesienna 32, Gdańsk, Poland

EU VAT Number : PL*******842

VAT : PL*******842

< http://postimg.org/image/3m949iz51/ >

http://www.tcjb.eu - Diese Website ist ein Betrug !
pauls212
8/28/15
I ordered a battery believing I was dealing with a UK seller, I even used Google maps to check that the address was genuine! (some trading estate). Shortly after ordering I found these helpful comments, and panicked. Fortunately I used PayPal so requested a refund from the seller on the same day (by opening a dispute in their Resolution Centre). Seller refunded in full the next day, and the dispute was closed automatically. Makes me mad the level of fraud this seller is willing to go to, by using a .co.uk website and a fake UK address just to trick people to order from him!

Tip for consumers: Use PAYPAL instead of a credit/debit card for payment.

johnm483
6/11/15
Hello,
I ordered a replacement Toshiba battery, on 1st June 2015, and it arrived yesterday 10th June from Germany.
I was concerned when I saw the negative reviews dating from 2011, 2012. I paid 24GBP, about 35 euro. I am very happy with replacement battery, and now I have a 90min run time, instead of a 2 minute dud cutting out. Batteries do age, and deteriorate over time, and I suspect mine was 8 years old.

Replacement Laptop Battery for TOSHIBA PA3450U-1BRS
Item# LTPTB053.
The transaction was conducted through Paypal. Emails were answered at 2am/3am, so I do accept the responder is based in the Far East.

Update *** 28th Sept 2015 ****
Folks, I spoke too soon. I used the laptop on battery for 1.5 hours 2 weeks ago, and it died. Plugged in mains, and now battery is 0% after a deep discharge, and won't charge at all. Flat as a pancake!! Need mains full time. I got approx 10 weeks out of it, but it died at the first deep discharge.

Update *** 19th Nov 2015 ****
Ordered a battery from Laptopchargers Info *****@laptopchargers.ie, who are Ireland based. 39.99 + 7 shipping. 4 working days turnaround. It is going very good after 6 weeks of usage.

Regards, JJM,
Galway, Ireland
rogera12
3/10/15
I had exactly the same problem with this Con Artist. I won the claim through Paypal and he asked for it to be sent back to China. I then sent a long list of links regarding this person to Paypal showing the Advertising Standards Agency Ruling against his "company" and a lot of other items. Paypal informed me the China will not accept batteries through the post and that they would make the payment directly to me today and not to bother sending the battery back. As a trader using Paypal he is now under scrutiny. He will be stopped I believe if everyone goes to Paypal if that is whom you bought through. Here is the list.

http://www.top-battery.co.uk/contactus.html Company he operates from in Southall number 5 and number 7 Trident Way. Warehousing and Office
http://asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2014/2/Topbatterycouk/SHP_ADJ_250327.aspx#.VPi_bvmsWVq Adjudication against this company by ASA
These are companies he is operating from in Southall or is part of.... Top Battery and 4PXFulfillment UK are one and the same.
These are some of the many pages of reviews where Paypal is mentioned on many occasions.
burtl22

*****@top-battery.co.uk,
*****@top-battery.co.uk
arundhatib
2/14/15
UPDATE:

Just thought of updating on what happened next, well, the battery did arrive. However, I refused to accept my courier. Just like someone on this post has mentioned, luckily I had raised a dispute with PayPal much before the actual delivery of this item (i.e. when the courier came to deliver), mentioning dates, delivery timelines, why I will not accept it even if it is sent at a later date (I simply said that their website is mis-leading and I understood I was ordering from UK when I paid but I wasn't going to accept any cross border delivery). Paypal refunded within their set timelines.

--- Original review --
Horrible Experience. Was in a similar situation as most others have mentioned, I needed a battery replacement urgently and this seemed like a genuine UK based company. The only miss from my end was that I usually do a review prior to ordering but I didn't in this case.
Only to realize once the payment was gone that this is a cross-border transaction. Ordered on the 9th Feb and till date not a single email confirmation on whether the order is being processed. There is no way to call or contact them apart from email and hence have now raised a dispute through Paypal.
Feeling foolish and cheated! Like the rating states - Stay Away!
shaunj4
2/6/15
Avoid avoid avoid, not UK (discovered afterwards) gave them a chance then battery stopped working.

They promised to send FOC replacement but then nothing and no replies.

Not able to put zero stars
enricc
2/5/15
Two months ago I bought two batteries for my two laptops hp on a website selling batteries was in Portuguese, as a month had not yet received the batteries, examining the receipt of payment Paypal puesd want to complain to this incidence discovered that the payment was made on behalf di Xianghua Luo i in Google saw that this man had a lousy references as a seller.
The question is that as hard Cargano or other buyers say one hour in one of the batteries. Now seeing as I return and claim the amount or send me another. A lousy salesman
paulaw17
1/12/15
I ordered a battery for my laptop, and then read the awful reviews. I actually received very good service, I was kept up to date on the progress of my order by email, and asked to confirm when it arrived, which was very quickly. The battery works and it was a good price.
williamg47
9/20/14
I had to request a replacement, because the first battery they sent was flat and wouldn't charge. Other than that, no problems so far. Both batteries arrived within a few days, and the second one has worked fine so far.
tomk48
7/21/14
Battery arrived this morning 21st July 2014
Ordered 11th July.
Correct battery. Fits and is working.

I did e-mail the company over some concerns initially and they responded in 24 hours.
My initial concerns were over a lack of phone contact on the site.
The reply by e-mail was obviously not good English and my concern deepened.

Then I saw some bad reviews. My concerns turned to worry. But there are ways and means of getting your money back.

As it is, the battery arrived. It is in my laptop and charging.
If there are any problems I will come back and post them.
angelaa18
6/20/14
Hello
As others have stated, I too thought it was a Uk site, the battery did not fit so i asked for a refund, after flirting emails back and forth and telling her to contact me on my number i realised she was from china, with her broken English and also she was replying at night time due to the time difference. They asked me to take photo's and all the rigmarole but i then found these reviews and realised she was trying to waste time, after telling her i was going to raise it with paypal she offered a refund but i was also aware they have been giving some customers part refunded so i contacted paypal who told me, not to send it back until i hear from them and they have verified the address, as in one email she stated " I will give refund if we receive it back" that wording in itself was dodgy, anyway paypal are taking care of it so i am guaranteed my money back. My advice to anybody is raise the issue immediately with Pay Pal.
Angela
micks11
3/10/14
Fake website not based in UK and uses royal mail logos, battery is very poor fit and only worked for 2weeks. I have sent many emails and phoned ,no luck .its now nearly 8 months with no luck ,they have my money and are in China ,no chance replacement battery or refund,and they know it just fraudsters...... Keep away from this company.
robta2
1/27/14
Don't ever buy from them, one of their tricks is to advertise batteries at unbelievably cheap prices, whither they have stock or not! You will not get any confirmation of your order but when you finally get a response from your emails.. they will offer you a refund.. usually through PayPal.. then it takes them several weeks to do this!! In total they have had your money in their account for over a month.. Nice business model!!

Questions? Get answers from the Top-battery.co.uk staff and other customers.

Top-battery.co.uk?