TomHess.net

TomHess.net has a consumer rating of 4.64 stars from 42 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. TomHess.net also ranks 22nd among Music Other sites.

• Taking guitar lessons with Tom Hess has been one of the greatest decisions I've made in a long time!
  • Ive been a part of Tom Hesss music career mentoring program for many months.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate TomHess.net?

“Tom Hess knows the music business!”

Kevin P.
9/22/16

I've learned so much in the Music Careers Mentoring Program... When I started I didn't even know what I wanted to do... I just knew I wanted to be a musician for a living. After only a few sessions, Tom Hess helped me shape my goals and motivated me to achieve BIG things. Now, not only have I released my own music and play in a touring band... but I make money through teaching music (= no crappy day job!). I couldn't be more happier with my choice to join the program!

“Ignore fake reviews. Tom Hess is a con artist!”

John W.
2/21/20

Thanks to dumb people in the world, this vindictive liar pretends to know the secrets of guitar universe. I am a 30 year veteran of touring as a guitarist all across the US. I've done it all. And all beginners out there need to steer clear of Hess and his nonsense. He's a thief and should be in jail.

guitar lessons (14) music career (14) music industry (4) guitar teacher (5)
johnw2369
February 21st, 2020
jasonr115
February 23rd, 2017
I wasted over a grand on this guy for nothing. He'll bleed you dry and threaten lawsuits while he's doing it. Every program he sells is an introduction to his next bigger better and more expensive program that's SURE to teach you all the secrets of the music business that he doesn't know because he got kicked out of Rhapsody.
kevinp95
September 22nd, 2016
joshh61
February 11th, 2016
Great guitar lessons.. very organized and Tom Hess is a good player who explains new ideas very well. My style is along the lines of Lamb Of God and Meshuggah, so I play technical and heavy stuff. He showed me some things I didn't know about playing 7 string and has helped me play much cleaner using thumb muting. Cool guy.
mannyl2
September 13th, 2015
Tom Hess's mentoring has helped me make big changes in my music career through getting my band started and going on tours. He talks a lot about not only the mindset you need to be successful but the specific details that separate pros from amateurs. I've really got a lot out of every session and the forum is full of pro musicians who are all very experienced and ready to help with any situation that has come up so far in my career. Awesome program.
trevorj16
March 30th, 2015
I started using the guitar playing accelerator after spending a long time not knowing how to practice guitar in a very organized manner or really knowing what I wanted to accomplish. But this tool really helped me out. Honestly I'm amazed at how in depth it goes.. you can track every tiny aspect of your guitar playing so that you see what you need to work on... then after the week is up you can see how much progress you made. Actually it's pretty fun to see myself improving and motivating at the same time. I really feel like I'm getting somewhere in my playing and moving along the right path.
harryl26
April 2nd, 2015
By taking guitar lessons with Tom Hess I finally learned how to play fast and clean at the same time. Tom is very helpful and committed to getting results for you.
stevenj30
December 10th, 2014
After stopping my subscription with JamPlay I decided to find a new guitar teacher. Although I had read many of Tom Hesss articles online, I was still a bit unsure about starting lessons with him, but I bit the bullet and gave him a shot. Turns out, Tom is a very good teacher who has been very instrumental in me becoming a better guitarist. Hes very motivating to work with and even though Im already a fairly advanced player, he always seems to know a better & more effective way of doing things to help me improve my playing.
donh50
December 19th, 2014
Working with Tom Hess has been a great experience. Overall, his guitar lessons are very detailed and fun, it is very rare that he sends me material that isnt in line with what I want to learn. So far, he has helped me greatly speed up my playing and become creative with my soloing technique. Tom has a very unique teaching style that makes him fun to learn with but at the same time I know that I'm going to get results.
juanc29
November 20th, 2014
Ive been a part of Tom Hesss music career mentoring program for many months. I just got off the phone with Tom, and he was able to help me understand how I was actually moving my music career forward in many ways I was totally unaware of before we talked. Tom has always had many ideas for how to successfully promote my band and make more money with our music. After our talk we have, I feel totally inspired to kick ass and keep taking bigger steps in my music career.
nickk35
November 20th, 2014
Tom Hess has been instrumental in my success as a pro musician. Not only is he very down to earth, but his music career advice is always relevant and valuable. Over the course of several months, he has helped me understand how to make a great living through music (without having to go to university... something I was going to do initially) and opened my eyes to a whole new world as far as HOW the music industry really works. I recommend anyone who wants to grow a successful career in the music industry to join Tom Hess’s mentoring program.
jaya29
November 20th, 2014
If you apply what Tom Hess tells you into your music career, your success is guaranteed. I joined the Music Careers Mentoring Program with the goal of becoming a full time professional musician, and I’m proud to say that I’ve been able to reach this goal with Tom’s help. He knows exactly which step you need to take to move your career forward and really holds your hand throughout the process. Joining this program has been the best thing I ever did for my music career.
edr24
November 20th, 2014
Tom Hess’s Music Career Mentoring Program has been amazing for my music career! In it I’ve learned everything from how to grow a career in the music industry, what kind of mindset is needed to succeed, how to manage my time and money effectively and how to form powerful partnerships with other musicians (among many other things). Certainly you must still put in the work on your end to see growth in your career, but Tom gives you all the information you need to succeed!
rodolphoa
November 20th, 2014
Anyone who is serious about becoming a better guitarist needs to work with Tom Hess. First of all, he’s an incredible player. Second, he’s also an incredible teacher. He will determine the best actions you should take to reach your guitar playing goals and show you everything you need to know to reach them. All you need to do is practice what he says and the results will roll in! Anyone can become a killer guitar player by working with Tom.
diegoa18
November 20th, 2014
I just had an excellent one on one call with Tom Hess! I am new to building my music career and often get overwhelmed with all the steps I need to take to move things forward. Fortunately, Tom has helped me stay on top of the things that are most important so that I keep advancing toward my greatest musical goals. Every time we speak he tells me exactly what to do and all I have to do is apply what he says!
adame118
November 20th, 2014
I’ve tried several online guitar teachers and my conclusion is this: Tom Hess will help you reach whatever guitar playing goals you have in the most fast and effective way possible. He’s the most skilled and competent teacher out there. I came to him wanting to simply play faster, and after only a few lessons I’ve already been able to reach my speed goals AND learn how to improvise better.
thomasp36
November 20th, 2014
I began guitar lessons with Tom Hess because I felt like I had no direction in my playing. This turned out to be one of the best decisions I ever made. As soon as we started, he had developed a plan to help me achieve my specific musical goals (which are playing faster and learning to solo better) and within only a few lessons I already feel like I am quickly becoming the player I want to be.
joed68
November 20th, 2014
I would never have become the guitarist I am today without Tom Hess. Tom took me from being an average guitarist and taught me how to play like a true professional. If it wasn’t for Tom’s teaching over the years, I would have never built up the shred chops I needed to play lead guitar in my current band. If you are serious about becoming a better guitarist, take lessons with Tom.
leoc16
October 12th, 2014
I tried many guitar teachers before I started guitar lessons with Tom Hess and it’s safe to say, there is no comparison. Tom has been extremely helpful in terms of setting up a strategy for helping me achieve the things I wanted to achieve... such as becoming a cleaner lead guitarist and building my speed. Working with Tom has really opened my eyes to all the small (but important) things you need to change to get better. Right now I’m playing faster and cleaner than ever before.
karlm24
October 19th, 2014
Tom Hess is a genius when it comes to the music industry. In his program I have learned exactly how the music business works, how to make a living and just be an all around pro. Its nothing like the stories I heard from other (non pros). The information I got from his mentoring program is priceless. In addition, he doesnt just give you general stuff he helps you specifically with YOUR music career scenario! Rock on!
jimp50
November 20th, 2014
Tom is great at getting down to the root of any problem you have in your guitar playing and helping you understand the steps you must take to fix it. When I first began lessons with him, I was unaware of many inefficiencies in my technique which I had developed over years... Tom quickly corrected these and my playing massively improved in only the first couple of lessons, so I could play faster and more accurately.
seanp19
September 26th, 2014
Hi there,

I started taking guitar lessons with Mr. Tom Hess around 3 years ago (which are bad ass). Then I got accepted into his music careers mentoring program. At first, i just wanted to try to make money selling my own music, but then Tom made me realize there is so much more to becoming a successful pro musician. After having several calls with him, he helped guide me through some issues i was having and now i work full time on MUSIC by touring with my band and teaching guitar. I am so grateful I came across Tom.
ianh41
September 29th, 2014
Tom Hess cannot be compared to any other guitar teacher out there. His knowledge of music and guitar is in a league of his own. I've been taking lessons with him for a little over a couple years and my technique has drastically improved. It's crazy to think about how much better I am now than before when I was learning on my own/with online videos/etc. Tom is very clear in his teaching methods and good at keeping you on the right path to achieving whatever you want to accomplish on guitar. Every lesson I feel inspired and excited to be making progress!
timk32
October 19th, 2014
Before I began music career mentoring with Tom Hess, I thought it would be impossible to become a pro musician. After talking with Tom in his conference calls and working together with the great network of musicians in his program, I am glad to say that my career has grown by leaps and bounds. Not only have I released my own album now, but I am also making money exclusively from my music.
michaels214
October 19th, 2014
The music career mentoring program is like nothing I’ve ever been a part of before. You join a network of totally committed musicians (who all want to succeed as pros), then Tom helps you pinpoint the things you need to do in your own personal career to advance and reach your goals. You learn everything you ever wanted to know about the music business and then some!

Tom Hess can help you if you play electric guitar and any of the following styles, it's not true that he only teaches metal: - rock guitar lessons - metal guitar lessons - progressive styles - neoclassical & shred - pop - indie - classic rock - blues styles You can read all details about his online guitar lessons at https://tomhess.net/Guitar

By Uli L.,