Review of TomHess.net

Tel: +1-312-521-2865
hess@tomhess.net

jasonr115
2/23/17

I wasted over a grand on this guy for nothing. He'll bleed you dry and threaten lawsuits while he's doing it. Every program he sells is an introduction to his next bigger better and more expensive program that's SURE to teach you all the secrets of the music business that he doesn't know because he got kicked out of Rhapsody.

kevinp95
9/22/16

I've learned so much in the Music Careers Mentoring Program... When I started I didn't even know what I wanted to do... I just knew I wanted to be a musician for a living. After only a few sessions, Tom Hess helped me shape my goals and motivated me to achieve BIG things. Now, not only have I released my own music and play in a touring band... but I make money through teaching music (= no crappy day job!). I couldn't be more happier with my choice to join the program!

joshh61
2/11/16

Great guitar lessons.. very organized and Tom Hess is a good player who explains new ideas very well. My style is along the lines of Lamb Of God and Meshuggah, so I play technical and heavy stuff. He showed me some things I didn't know about playing 7 string and has helped me play much cleaner using thumb muting. Cool guy.

mannyl2
9/13/15

Tom Hess's mentoring has helped me make big changes in my music career through getting my band started and going on tours. He talks a lot about not only the mindset you need to be successful but the specific details that separate pros from amateurs. I've really got a lot out of every session and the forum is full of pro musicians who are all very experienced and ready to help with any situation that has come up so far in my career. Awesome program.

burtd13
8/16/15

I just signed up for the guitar playing accelerator and have been having a blast with it for the past week or so. You can track almost literally any guitar skill you can think of and see how much you've improved in a specific area over a set period of time. This has been really helpful for me spotting the areas in my playing where I need to improve in order to bring my overall skills up to par. So far it's helped me break through a speed barrier I've had with playing scale sequences that I've been struggling with for a long time.. Awesome tool... and very refreshing to see how much tracking/measuring progress really does make you get better faster.

eyvindurk
8/13/15

Tom Hess is a master... At marketing. He's a good enough player and probably a pretty good teacher. I only stayed around on his site for two lessons. I felt they were pretty generic. Not that they were bad, I just didn't think they were worth the steep price he puts on them. I just don't feel right paying that much for 3-4 generic exercises and a few motivational speeches. They might get better, but I was a bit hesitant to spend hundreds of dollars before actually getting something profound, if that ever happened. What also irks me a bit are the bold claims in the ad copy that most other guitar instructors are no good.

But what caused me to finally decide leave the course was the amount of politics in his forum. The forum is presented as an essential part of your growth as a musician, and certain political discussions in there made me feel unwelcome. I had some abrasive interactions that made me feel very uncomfortable, so I left. I need to feel comfortable with the people I'm working with, and I just didn't feel that anymore.

Lastly: There's no money back guarantee. No try before you buy.

harryl26
4/2/15

By taking guitar lessons with Tom Hess I finally learned how to play fast and clean at the same time. Tom is very helpful and committed to getting results for you.

trevorj16
3/30/15

I started using the guitar playing accelerator after spending a long time not knowing how to practice guitar in a very organized manner or really knowing what I wanted to accomplish. But this tool really helped me out. Honestly I'm amazed at how in depth it goes.. you can track every tiny aspect of your guitar playing so that you see what you need to work on... then after the week is up you can see how much progress you made. Actually it's pretty fun to see myself improving and motivating at the same time. I really feel like I'm getting somewhere in my playing and moving along the right path.

keitht18
1/10/15

Joined the music career mentoring program and so far I'm glad I did. Just had a call with Tom Hess himself, which was excellent. I'm just now beginning my music career and thre are so many things I have to do that I get overwhelmed pretty easily...writing an album, playing in my band, etc etc Tom was able to tell me exactly what I need to focus on now so that I can quickly accomplish the things that are most important for me in my music career!! All I have to do now is take action on his advice. Having a forum full of helpful musicians is also a cool part of this program... after talking with Tom and everyone else, I feel super motivated.

donh50
12/19/14

Working with Tom Hess has been a great experience. Overall, his guitar lessons are very detailed and fun, it is very rare that he sends me material that isnt in line with what I want to learn. So far, he has helped me greatly speed up my playing and become creative with my soloing technique. Tom has a very unique teaching style that makes him fun to learn with but at the same time I know that I'm going to get results.

stevenj30
12/10/14

After stopping my subscription with JamPlay I decided to find a new guitar teacher. Although I had read many of Tom Hesss articles online, I was still a bit unsure about starting lessons with him, but I bit the bullet and gave him a shot. Turns out, Tom is a very good teacher who has been very instrumental in me becoming a better guitarist. Hes very motivating to work with and even though Im already a fairly advanced player, he always seems to know a better & more effective way of doing things to help me improve my playing.

juanc29
11/20/14

Ive been a part of Tom Hesss music career mentoring program for many months. I just got off the phone with Tom, and he was able to help me understand how I was actually moving my music career forward in many ways I was totally unaware of before we talked. Tom has always had many ideas for how to successfully promote my band and make more money with our music. After our talk we have, I feel totally inspired to kick ass and keep taking bigger steps in my music career.

nickk35
11/20/14

Tom Hess has been instrumental in my success as a pro musician. Not only is he very down to earth, but his music career advice is always relevant and valuable. Over the course of several months, he has helped me understand how to make a great living through music (without having to go to university... something I was going to do initially) and opened my eyes to a whole new world as far as HOW the music industry really works. I recommend anyone who wants to grow a successful career in the music industry to join Tom Hess's mentoring program.

thomasp36
11/20/14

I began guitar lessons with Tom Hess because I felt like I had no direction in my playing. This turned out to be one of the best decisions I ever made. As soon as we started, he had developed a plan to help me achieve my specific musical goals (which are playing faster and learning to solo better) and within only a few lessons I already feel like I am quickly becoming the player I want to be.

joed68
11/20/14

I would never have become the guitarist I am today without Tom Hess. Tom took me from being an average guitarist and taught me how to play like a true professional. If it wasn't for Tom's teaching over the years, I would have never built up the shred chops I needed to play lead guitar in my current band. If you are serious about becoming a better guitarist, take lessons with Tom.

jaya29
11/20/14

If you apply what Tom Hess tells you into your music career, your success is guaranteed. I joined the Music Careers Mentoring Program with the goal of becoming a full time professional musician, and I'm proud to say that I've been able to reach this goal with Tom's help. He knows exactly which step you need to take to move your career forward and really holds your hand throughout the process. Joining this program has been the best thing I ever did for my music career.

diegoa18
11/20/14

I just had an excellent one on one call with Tom Hess! I am new to building my music career and often get overwhelmed with all the steps I need to take to move things forward. Fortunately, Tom has helped me stay on top of the things that are most important so that I keep advancing toward my greatest musical goals. Every time we speak he tells me exactly what to do and all I have to do is apply what he says!

jimp50
11/20/14

Tom is great at getting down to the root of any problem you have in your guitar playing and helping you understand the steps you must take to fix it. When I first began lessons with him, I was unaware of many inefficiencies in my technique which I had developed over years... Tom quickly corrected these and my playing massively improved in only the first couple of lessons, so I could play faster and more accurately.

adame118
11/20/14

I've tried several online guitar teachers and my conclusion is this: Tom Hess will help you reach whatever guitar playing goals you have in the most fast and effective way possible. He's the most skilled and competent teacher out there. I came to him wanting to simply play faster, and after only a few lessons I've already been able to reach my speed goals AND learn how to improvise better.

edr24
11/20/14

Tom Hess's Music Career Mentoring Program has been amazing for my music career! In it I've learned everything from how to grow a career in the music industry, what kind of mindset is needed to succeed, how to manage my time and money effectively and how to form powerful partnerships with other musicians (among many other things). Certainly you must still put in the work on your end to see growth in your career, but Tom gives you all the information you need to succeed!

rodolphoa
11/20/14

Anyone who is serious about becoming a better guitarist needs to work with Tom Hess. First of all, he's an incredible player. Second, he's also an incredible teacher. He will determine the best actions you should take to reach your guitar playing goals and show you everything you need to know to reach them. All you need to do is practice what he says and the results will roll in! Anyone can become a killer guitar player by working with Tom.

ashb4
10/27/14

Tom Hess is an excellent music career mentor, coach and motivator. After joining his mentoring program, I released my own debut album. All throughout the writing process, Tom helped me understand the business side of things so I knew where to go to actually create and send out physical copies of my album, how to promote the music and build a fan base. This has all been extremely valuable and game changing stuff I never would've really known about with Tom's help. Of course, I learned a lot more about the music industry as well and you'd be hard pressed to find a better program to join if you are serious about your music career.

calebd16
10/27/14

I came to Tom Hess hoping to learn how to play faster. He has been very good at showing me where the flaws are in my playing so that I can quickly improve on them to get better. After a few months, I've already learned how to pick much faster and more efficiently.. plus improve my speed and accuracy with techniques like sweep picking and string skipping. Thumbs up.

timk32
10/19/14

Before I began music career mentoring with Tom Hess, I thought it would be impossible to become a pro musician. After talking with Tom in his conference calls and working together with the great network of musicians in his program, I am glad to say that my career has grown by leaps and bounds. Not only have I released my own album now, but I am also making money exclusively from my music.

karlm24
10/19/14

Tom Hess is a genius when it comes to the music industry. In his program I have learned exactly how the music business works, how to make a living and just be an all around pro. Its nothing like the stories I heard from other (non pros). The information I got from his mentoring program is priceless. In addition, he doesnt just give you general stuff he helps you specifically with YOUR music career scenario! Rock on!

Tom Hess can help you if you play electric guitar and any of the following styles, it's not true that he only teaches metal: - rock guitar lessons - metal guitar lessons - progressive styles - neoclassical & shred - pop - indie - classic rock - blues styles You can read all details about his online guitar lessons at https://tomhess.net/Guitar

By Uli L., TomHess.net Representative

Hi Godallah, The Music Careers Mentoring Program is 52 sessions long, and you receive one session every 10 days, so it's a total of 520 days to graduation.

By Uli L., TomHess.net Representative
Questions? Get answers from the TomHess.net staff and other customers.

TomHess.net?