Review of Tinder

help@gotinder.com
2018 Customer choice award

maryg181
10/6/16

I thought this would be easier but my nerves always get the best of me. These type of blind dates didnt work for me. The app did work fine though.

trentj5
9/27/16

Nothing compares to Tinder! Don't even waste your time using other dating apps. I use Tinder for two years now and absolutely love it, especially when I am traveling. Combined with a good 'traditional' online dating site like Mingle2day it will give you a great mix of finding pleasure and a potential partner.

charleso25
9/16/16

There is nobody within a hundred miles of me, so meeting someone is out of the question. But I do enjoy the onsite game they have. First you get matched with several hundred spam accounts, and then you flag them all for spam. It's great fun.

russellt17
9/5/16

If you are new to this stuff like I was then I would have no qualms in recommending Tinder. Its really professional and isnt complicated or hi tech as I worried it would be. I had quite a few dates and even though I didnt find my other half I still had fun and learned a lot about how serious online dating works. I've left the site now and im trying a new one called wejustfit.com and im super chuffed so far, will leave a review soon but can already see its as good as match was. Always nice to have options lol!

mariee26
8/31/16

Beware.. guys are scamming for money. Starts if conversation fine for few day's maybe few weeks.they are out of country just left or saying will be returning. All very lovey and cute. Either lost militarily bank card. Their ships engine needs replacing. Best one guy retiring his last job be millionaire from it (shell company) wants settle down. Books flight and hotel sends confirmation on all this. Thus german guy scamming in end. Very frustrating .not interested in money just genuin guy!!!. BEWARE LADIES

benp67
8/30/16

Yeah, I've met a few girls using Tinder and it is a fun app. If you are looking for something more serious it may not be the perfect solution for you and you may be well advised to use 'real' dating sites instead (Mingle2day works fine, Match is okay too). But if you just want to play around Tinder is fine and a fun app:)

archieg14
8/8/16

Better than avarage online dating sites. It has a bit of work to do before it is on the same level as the very top sites that are out there (see wejustfit.com) but its still a good option IMO. If you take your time and give it a real shot (unlike some of the people that leave reviews here) then im 90% sure you can get some action on this site.

scroogew
8/3/16

I am sure it is a fun app for men but in my opinion it is not a good option for women. All of the guys just want s$&. This app may be perfect if you are just looking for a quick hook up but I believe you won't be finding Mr Right. Looking for a serious relationship I would go for Mingle2day, Match, or Chemistry, It is a fun app though.

angelikah1
7/27/16

I was on tinder for 5 days. Got a good number of matches, and some messages...but the conversations just fades. One guy messages me a very disrespectful message towards women. It is obvious that most people on this site are there for hookups. If you like to potentially transmit a sexual disease...then it's for you. I rather pay for a membership like match or eharmony to find more decent and classy men.

rachels98
7/19/16

Let me tell you, I loved Tinder. I met my first love on there. When I went to reuse it, it didn't work. It kept saying that my page was loading and that I had over 200 people who swiped right on me. I contacted tinder multiple times through emails and reviews on Google Play. They gave me the same response and when I asked for further assistance, saying I did everything they asked, they were stone silent. I sent screenshots, I pleaded for help. I received nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm a person, not a statistic. Even if the overall amount of people can use it, shouldn't accessibility be not limited? It should be for everyone. For a company that says it cares about people finding love, they really don't know how to find love with their customers. I've been trying to get help since at least May. Good luck if you have issues with this app, they won't help you and it's unfortunate.

anns96
7/13/16

Im a big fan of this site and have been using it for years! You name it I've done it, bad dates, no shows, great dates, fallen in love, bailed on weirdos, everything! The only other site that Ive found that can compete is wejustfit.com but between these two Ive had some really great experiences (focusing on the positives here!) and met some really nice guys. You could do far worse and with the amount of marriages and successes (everyone knows a friend who uses this site!!) and also the money they put into their ads you know from the start that you're onto a winner. Dont get your hopes too high at the beginning, it took me a while to get out on dates and then it took me a couple of dates before i had one i would class as perfect but stick with it and try to have fun, as its better to see it as a fun and sociable thing rather than your only hope at finding true love! Keep the pressure off and the fun going and let things happen naturally. As my mother always said, if its meant to be then itll happen.

frankh93
7/11/16

I used it for about a month and did talk to and meet a few women. You have to have patience and may even need to lower your standards a bit if you're a guy.

The girls on Tinder that I was most interested are most likely not interested in me. It's obviously a shallow system just like anything else in life but patience is the key I believe.

sm889
7/8/16

Guys are making fake Facebook pages, cut and pasted from the internet other men's information and pictures. These guys contact you and say they are "out of the country" working with the United Nations, Military, etc. Sob story of wife having passed and a single parent of a child, that lives back in the state. Sometimes child is at college but not in the US. Guy is "LOOKING FOR LOVE AND TO SETTLE DOWN' !!!! OK let's see: He is out of the country for the next 6 months; lives in Calf.; and is looking for LOVE in ??? let's say NC. Why?? Suggestions: Report as a scam; ask good questions, their English is sometimes poor, check them out on the internet.

jm234
7/2/16

I was on this site for less than two days, and I have been propositioned and abused. I have a completely reasonable picture without any suggestion or nudity, and my profile is quite vague in detail as I was just checking the site out. Needless to say this is the worst dating site that I have ever used! I have been hit on my numerous men from Southeast Asia which is a world away and most of the profiles that I encounter are only shared with friends, so you don't get much information, and are lacking any pictures. Also, any profiles in my locality were few and far between. My picture also happened to be featured on the page of people newly registered members on the site next to a girl who displayed a picture of nothing but her lower extremities, completely nude, from the rear view. If I was looking for these certain kind of "encounters" I would certainly put my picture on "Eros, Backpage, Craiglist," or whatever medium girls use these days to advertise themselves. I really think that this is the NEW medium, so be warned if you are looking for something other than abusive language, casual encounters, or a short term paid affair, you might want to seek alternative websites.

kennyh15
7/1/16

I dont know about you other folks but this is a 4/5 stars site for me. Ive not used that many dating services but id say this is my favourite along with wejustfit.com from the ones ive tried as these are the 2 sites that I keep coming back to even when I try to leave dating online behind! Ive used a few new sites there are so many now - but this is definitely a top site and id recommend it to anyone as a first site or as an alternative to whatever they are using at the moment, for sure. It has plenty of members, you can trust the company (very important when I choose a site) and everything is easy to do. Id like to see more female members in the Strathclyde area but aside from that I dont really have any complaints and will keep using it as part of my portfolio of sites that im a member of.

clairel29
6/29/16

I joined it but deleted it on the same day.
I have no interest in casual sex so the site was not for me.
I got 100s of messages from guys asking me for sex. I just deleted my profile right away.

ws26
6/27/16

Almost didn't swipe right. Guy had superliked me. Freaked me out a little. Closed the app a few times on this guy - didn't wanna make a decision one way or another. Ended up swiping right. Made me laugh within the first few messages. Had an outdoorsy first date. Showed up in sweats and no makeup on. He showed up in a scruffy beard, sunglasses, and a hat. This app is ridiculous. But hey, I think I found the one.

keet3
6/22/16

They need to not mandate a Facebook account. I constantly have problems with FB & this means I can't communicate with my matches on Tinder. I don't even use FB because of its issues & hacks. Now people think I'm blowing them off because I can't get back into FB which means the matches are left without knowing I'm not neglecting our conversation. There has to be another way

mariusp8
6/11/16

It could use a bit of optimisation, it crashes often. Probably should find a way to encourage conversation as well as people rarely talk.

sujand
6/8/16

it is the most enjoyful in our life so that deating is the most important for human life

chrisj117
5/22/16

I hate the fact that you need Facebook to use Tinder. That is why decided to use dating sites like Mingle2day or Match. But I've used Tinder in the past and it is a fun app.

kelebogilem
5/17/16

Terrible.. No one is serious. Just thirsty people. Run for your life!

cheryls67
5/5/16

I think this app is good. I didn't run across too many fake profiles, but I imagine that's a problem that's on all the dating sites.

pamp25
4/20/16

It is to be expected from all dating sites that there would be an occasional fake but this is ridiculous! And to add insult to injury they don't know how to write. Responses are so stupid. I have had fun with a few of them. It is very very sad that a dating site would choose to fool someone who is looking for love. Very sad indeed.

aaront30
4/4/16

Well if you like to be asked for you credit card details go for it! Other than that, don't be betting on getting a date in a hurry ! Swipe right as much as you like but you are only going to get nowhere. Wish it had been a better experience.

153 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Is any dating site legit?

By Claire k.

It's a scam, like all these other sites. Maybe not as bad as other ones, but in the long run, you still get robbed.

By John D.

It is free. just keep in mind that most of the profiles are fake..you'll have to go through several hundred of them to have any hopes of getting in contact with a real person

By Kelly S.

I am here looking for s genuine person Please contact me

By Angella L.

you will review a thousand profiles before even 1 is a match so you decide

By Kelly S.

no cost, just a lot of time so I guess that is a cost

By Kelly S.

If you search online for 'android emulators' you can have google play up and running in no time

By Wil G.

Questions? Get answers from the Tinder staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Tinder