Review of ThreadFlip

support@threadflip.com

7 reviews with 2 stars

courtneyp22
11/30/15

Before reading the reviews posted here I decided to try out buying an item on this site that was part of their black Friday sale. I found a pair of designer trousers on sale for $32, however It also had the "make an offer" feature available. I made an offer for $25 and a hold for that amount was immediately put on my card which I thought was odd. Today I received an email stating that there was a counter offer. I log into Threadflip and see the counter off is $50 which is ridiculous seeing at the item was $32 right? Wrong, the price of the item has been raised to $60! How does this company expect to gain customers when they have shady practices like this? Any company worth their salt honors sales prices when a customer makes a purchase. I won't be giving their site another try.

tylerb34
9/27/15

I have sent two full service bags to threadflip. They should put realistic times on how long it takes to upload yours full service kits. It took more than a month for the first time instead of the two weeks it said on the site which wouldn't be a big deal but I also would have sent in the season ahead instead of clothing for summer. The listed prices were lower than I hoped like a NWT J Crew Skirt that cost me $178 being knocked down to $26 bucks but that was the most expensive thing they will every get with tags from me again. But they didn't take the shipping cost out before they gave me my commission so it wasn't too bad. And then I made the mistake of sending in a second bag...

Next batch I sent every item was accepted and I expected to make between $3 and $15 for most of the items. When most of the items didn't sell I got the email to sell in the clearance but was told nothing would sell under $10... they forgot to mention the four dollar shipping that gets discounted fist and you make less than $2 an item making beacon's closet a goldmine in comparison. And then they broke their contract entirely and sold an item for $9, took off $4 for shipping, and I made a whopping $1.50! I wouldn't even care except they specifically said nothing will go lower than $10. I had mailed for a third full service kit but after reading the reviews here and getting the email that they're already 12 weeks back logged I doubt I'll be sending it in till they get their stuff together. The sad thing is most of us wouldn't be gripping this site if we weren't getting lied to.

And it's also pretty sad that you hold the sellers to a higher standard than you hold yourselves from what I've been reading on here. If buyers are worried about buying full service items than seller's are even more tentative to mail in our full service kits.

sarahd75
6/9/15

I sent in some great tops (from anthropologie) and jeans (from lucky and juicy couture) They stated they could not sell them because of visible wear (these items had NEVER been worn) and then to get them back you have to pay the return shipping or they get to keep them (they say donate but I've never received a notice for my tax records that I made this donation!) definitely a way for them to get clothing for themselves!

stephanier29
3/6/15

I had purchased many items and gave good reviews to sellers. I canceled an order because the seller did not ship the sale in a timely manner per the sites policies. To my surprise, the package arrived anyway and its tracking showed it had been shipped days after I already canceled. So far, customer service does not seem very helpful in finding a reasonable solution. Instead of offering to send a call tag to me, I have been repeatedly told to please "repurchase" the item. I suggest liketwice.com and fashionproject.com where the shipping comes from the companies! Twice is about sustainability and Fashion Project donates to charities. I have had good experiences with each so far.

Tip for consumers: Update: I had to become more assertive a few MORE times and FINALLY received a call tag. No simple apology, show of concern, etc. I have DELETED my account and will no longer do business with the company!!!

ls54
3/1/15

Caveat-while these reviews are generally negative, and most probably a small % of total customers, will agree w/ one commenter that I will not list on this site. Was not impressed that they have only one rep working email; I had (not unusual) ??s that took 1-3 days for her to answer - why don't they list them on their FAQS? (they like to push their full-service,while I'm an experienced DIY) As another person remarked, why don't LEGIT businesses have a PHONE customer service line? This firm lists a phone #, but it's a recording! (btw, thanks to all who post/read this)

rhiannonc1
2/21/15

So, I ordered a white kate spade crossbody off of the website. The pictures of it made the bag seem like it was in great condition, but just in case, I commented on the listing and asked if there was any damage whatsoever and if they could somehow send me pictures. A representative from threadflip commented back and told me the purse was in great condition, no damage or stains. When the purse came to my house, I noticed on the side there was a HUGE orange stain, the rivets on the bag were scratched, and there were numerous small brown stains on the purse. I decided to return the purse, and customer service was very helpful and prompt. I just wish the actual site would've been more honest, so now I can't trust the app.

emileer1
1/2/15

I recently ordered two items from Threadflip. Both were received timely and in the condition advertised (basically). However, the watch I ordered arrived not working. Okay fine. It would've been nice if that had been included in the description, but I can get over it based on the price I paid. But in addition, the watch has a sticker on its back that says removing it voids my ability to return the watch. Again, okay fine still not upset until I sent multiple messages to customer service asking how I can replace the battery to troubleshoot the issue and still be able to return it if it's actually broken and receive no response. And my sent messages don't show in the messages tab in the website so I have no idea if they're even being received. Eventually, several days later I get an email that it's fine to replace the battery but that still doesn't show in their webapp. By then, I'd already taken the watch to a jewelry store because it's right before Christmas and I need to know if it's just a dead battery or something more serious before giving a possibly broken watch as a gift. Ugh. Also, the sticker left a gross residue which the jewelry people kindly used their cleaner to remove. Overall, the experience was much more difficult than it needed to be and customer service was awful.

Do not give up, keep calling and emailing. Try filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau .

By Claire L.

Thank you Marlise i been doing tradesy which is way better to me only thing is i haven't sold anything yet.and poshmark is new to my ear so i will be checking them out. Now Ms Angela B you are right about them priceing unfairly i do believe that they should get in trouble for this its not right that they make way more money and the person who took their time to send in there items dont even get to see half of that. plus get this my donated they said they sent. was truely not sent because i ask for a tax receipt from the goodwill they give the clothing to and they told me they would have them sent it in 2 weeks. still nothing and i contacted them about this and now i'm not getting a response back very upset. i feel like i should contact the bbb and report them. shut down shop is what needs to happen for to many ppl get suckered in

By chantell s.

If you list the items yourself rather than use full service, you can have a little more control over how much things go for. Just be aware that Threadflip DOES have TERRIBLE customer service AND take a WHOPPING 20% of your money AND you have to pay your own shipping fees. Plus, they don't get tons of traffic so get ready to man the site for more than a year before you sell everything. Ebay is faster.

By Jadiem A.

I have an attorney looking into this company. They will keep your items and tell you they are 'lost', or were 'accidentally donated, but can we issue you a credit?' --which will be way below what your items were worth. Trust the reviews-this company is shady to say the least.

By Kacey S.

They tracking update sucks and reason I closed my closet. Poor customer service and no care for sellers. Try tradesy or POSHMARK, much better platforms and tradesy fees are way less than this trashy app.

By Marlise N.

I submitted a BBB report and TF did not even respond

By Beth S.

You can also leave them a message at this voicemail only phone number 1-877-751-3547. I have never had the experience of being called back, but I have noticed that my e-mails were responded to more quickly after I left a message on the voicemail. Until then it had been about 10 days of waiting for an email response. Since leaving a voicemail, I have absolutely noticed faster responses to my emails. Before find that phone number and it was NOT easy to find, I was very frustrated with the extremely long delays on e-mail.

By Jadiem A.

Hey there, The item did not have valid tracking numbers and our support team reach out to you on an update on shipment. We unfortunately did not hear back so we did refund the buyer at the buyer's request. Our support team has emailed you with the next steps.

By Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative

Hey Susan, Please write to support@threadflip.com so they can look up the status of your kit via the email you write in with.

By Laura S., ThreadFlip Representative

Questions? Get answers from the ThreadFlip staff and other customers.

ThreadFlip?