Review of TheStreet

Tel: +1-916-445-1254
members@thestreet.com

samd262
5/6/19

I signed up for the 14 day trail and was changed right away, when I went to cancel with in the 14 day trail I was charged a prorated amount...so there is not 14 day trail what a rip off!

robertk649
3/19/19

I have been charged $409 for a renewal when I haven't used the site in months. Shows up on my credit card. Go try and cancel! They put you on hold, transfer you around from one operator or another, its really obnoxious. As a practicing attorney my time is valuable. And I am loosing money being here. In the end, I found that my own research and selections out performed what was contained in the materials. Do not get drawn into this rabbit hole and scam.

vicm17
7/21/18

TheStreet.com ActionAlertsPlus offers a free 14 day trial for new members. However, deep within their website, you find that to cancel the trial, you have to call and wait to speak to someone. This is inconvenient enough, however, it is actually getting the trial cancelled that is the real issue. I called and spoke to three separate people, each who confirmed that my free trial was cancelled and that my card would not be charged. I asked them to send me a confirmation email, which they agreed they would, but then never sent one. I logged into my account and at least confirmed that it was set to "Not to renew" with a charge of $0.00 - I even took a screenshot and sent a time-stamped email to myself confirming this. However, three weeks later, my credit charged is charged $59.95, the monthly subscription fee. I logged back into my account, and someone had changed from "Not to Renew" to "Premium". This seems like outright fraud and a scam to me.

barryt46
7/7/18

Full of ads total waste of time. Its like a minefield of ads for services that are useless at best. IYou are better of with yahoo finance that's how bad this site is

fredg101
5/29/18

Another site that is plagued with ads and they try to make Jim Cranmer look like a God. His investment record is terrible, if you had listened to all his calls you would have lost a fortune. How he is still on CNBC boggles the mind but then again CNBC is a joke

johnathanm24
3/15/18

once upon a time this site was okay but now there are so many ads I can't even bother to finish a story

petees
8/9/17

bitcoin price will plummet (january 2017):

"I have taken the liberty of adding some red arrows to make our DSE's objective forecast crystal clear." from the Article

article august 2017, same author:

Their DSE tool saw the rise coming, and now its time to sell.

Soo i may ask if someone can explain me two things:

1) How can the DSE predict 200$, but has seen the rise coming
2) the author was not invested in january, but is invested in august. why?it was "crystal clear" that it will fall hard.

Lets be polite and say i cannot recommend their service or predictions in any way.

stephend70
4/4/17

I agree with Bestsy C. Two weeks ago they auto renewed my real money pro subscription and my trifecta stocks subscription. Two weeks later they cancel part of the real money pro and put trifecta in its place - so they are charging me twice for the same thing. I called by phone and they hung up on me for heavy volume and said to go to the FAQ site. contacted them by the site and they replied that I had to call. I finally got them on the phone and was told I cannot get a refund for the Trifecta subscription. Now I have to speak to a supervisor between 9-5 to change my account. In addition, you cannot remove your credit card info online either,

betsyc7
2/2/17

I signed up for three "risk free trials". Action Alerts PLUS, Trifecta Stocks and Quant Ratings. You have to enter a credit card. After reviewing the Action Alers and Trifecta stock portfolios, I decided not to continue because the performance of both portfolios is sub-par. Quant Ratings is just OK, I like MarketGrader.com much better. Anyway, you can't cancel via the website. It gives you a customer service number to call. You call the number, it says they are experience heavy call volumes, gives you a recording to go the to FAQ page on theStreet.com, then hangs up. If you try to email them, they say you can only cancel the trial via the phone. This service is a complete rip off, DO NOT DO BUSINESS with them.

annc69
7/10/16

I read one article in particular where an entire firm got bashed for a few bad brokers. Very unprofessional and written like a child having a temper tantrum. Would never go to site again for any news about Wall Street or finance

nanetteb2
3/2/16

I am an Investment Advisor, I decided to subscribe to the Dividend Investor subscription. Web site is very disappointing. The real estate on the site is more devoted to making additional purchases than information relating to the subscription. The videos that start playing are very annoying. I think Cramer has some intellect but I cannot stand watching him on TV or on this site. He is addicted to himself and it shows. Just like Trump! lol

glennm63
2/3/16

I used the service for a few years and found it informative. I never experienced any problems with the billing and once I decided to cancel the service, there was no problem. They were sorry to see me go, but none of the horror stories I read from others. Simply not a problem. I experienced anywhere from 14-23% returns for the few years using the service, while only 11% the year I went it alone. I have recently compared some of the other providers rates and am entertaining renewing my subscription at this time with "the street"

victimv1
8/2/15

Just like all the other writer here, I am also the victim. I will not surpirsed to see this business on American greed show soon. Some one needs to step up and stop this nonsense. Cramer seems to advocating customer service on show all the time but his business seems to fail horribly in reality. I dont think they even deserve half star. I have never came across such a horrible company that will have no refund policy and very bad customer service.. just like all the scam artist on American Greed Show, No wornder their stock is buck and change from 60$ at some point.

Stay the F**k away from this scamers and i mean it....

Some one needs to take this scam operation down. its been going on for too long.

michaeld112
1/5/15

The Street.com is the worst investment subscription I ever had. I tried to cancel the subscription and they don't want to cancel it.So, for more than a month now we keep trying via the credit card to cancel the subscription and The Street.com keeps charging again even after they sent me an e-mail saying that they feel sorry that I don't want to renew the subscription. Shame on you TheStreet.com for being so rude.

anno54
11/7/14

300+ emails in 3 weeks! WTF? Won't refund the money. SCAM! Not one worthy advice.

jamesh135
9/16/14

I signed up for $49.95 per year. The information provided wasn't worth much, so I quit opening the emails. They said one of those emails was my chance to opt-out and since I called (when I saw the $199.95 charge) a week or two after "the deadline". Apparently, I inadvertently checked a renewal box. I disputed this to AMEX, who after "investigation", said they sided with the merchant. Jim Cramer claims to be so right-minded on TV, but he is complicitous in this scam.

bigd8
4/18/14

I NEVER signed up for anything from this site but, somehow, they obtained my debit card information and charged me $349.95. I never delete email messages and confirmed I've never received ANYTHING from them. I have disputed the charge as unauthorized and will be reporting them to both the FTC and the FBI's cybercrime unit. These people are genuine scum.

Quick update - I have now provided their info and MO to the FBI. I urge everyone to do the same.

nans3
3/25/14

I signed up for a free trial. Never again! I got blasted with dozens of hyped-up emails. When I finally found the privacy settings, I discovered that they are automatically checked to allow email, phone calls and regular mail for about 10 different services. Plus they sell/share your name and info with advertisers. i have no idea whether their advice is any good--rather doubt it actually--what they are is an advertising/spam tool on steroids.

bryanw16
3/12/14

One of the better sites for online research on stocks. Authors are (for the most part) not totally braindead and they do some fact checking

mikes192
12/18/13

experts such as AF merely have an undergrad degree in poly sci but pontificate about complex technical bio tech companies. AF actually expresses his uninformed opinions as fact as if he can predict future events. He has no understanding of the US Patent system or the significance of obtaining a US patent for a specific method. It is his opinion, stated as fact, that a patented bio tech method owned by nwbo is identical or substantially the same as a method used by another company. This of course is clearly not true as no other company can use a patented method owned by another company. AF is profoundly ignorant about the topics he discusses and renders thestreet completely irrelevant for long term investors although he might have short term influences through his uninformed rants.

re4010
10/28/13

Like the others said, its just a bank sucking machine. They charged me $199 for a product that started at $19.99. The way it was explained to me was that I left a box checked and therefore was charged for 5 extra diff services I didn't ask for. To top it off when I called on the 14th day to cancel bc they are closed on the weekend, I was told technically the 14th-28th was 15 days not 14 days???????The don't give refunds either. Had to file a dispute with my bank to get my money back. Horrible business ethics with the customer service to match. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY NOT EVEN ON A TRAIL BASIS>

rayk16
9/16/13

Simply a money charging scam with no care of customer. Do not respond to messages or cancellation messages. DO NOT get sucked into "free trials", their computers keep billing you.

sulingt
7/9/13

They rip you off with an "auto renewal" fee of $399.95 that they sneak onto your credit card.

Stay away from these thieves.

sunyb
10/3/11

I had a 1 year subscription to Action Alerts Plus, it's a service of TheStreet.com. On-line they do not allow you to select "Do Not Renew". So they automatically renewed me for 1 year. I called on the first day of the renewal to say that I did not want to renew as was told I could not cancel. I was forced to prepay for an annual service on day 1, and could not cancel. I would stay as far away from any of their subscription services if I was you!

ericad
6/16/10

james cramer is annoying but he seems to know the markets, but I can't get past him being so obnoxious and loud maybe he needs xanax :)

I can't believe they are still in business and doing nothing to improve. Disgraceful!

By J B.

Questions? Get answers from the TheStreet staff and other customers.

TheStreet?