The Marriage Foundation

The Marriage Foundation has a consumer rating of 3.45 stars from 5 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. The Marriage Foundation ranks 14th among Marriage sites.

How would you rate The Marriage Foundation?

“No excuses, no sugar coating, no coddling!”

Jamie B.
5/19/21

I found this site purely by accident, but I believe that everything happens for a reason. There are so many truths to Paul's approach, but if you aren't willing to hear and accept some hard truths about yourself and your marriage then this program might not be for you. If you're only interested in finding help through someone agreeing with you, don't waste their time. Their counselors are very responsive, highly skilled in the principles of the program and honest in their approach.

“They'd get less than zero stars if it was possible - RUN AWAY from this program”

Cindy K.
7/28/20

I reached out to them and their response was repulsively misogynistic and rude. Their demeaning tone and lack of basic consideration is surprisingly awful. They showed zero respect and demonstrated that they believe women are the root of the problems and their reactions to abuse should be to take it and like it. Run away from this program as fast as you can!

jamieb714
May 19th, 2021

Vicki T. – The Marriage Foundation Rep

Thank you Jamie for an honest review from an actual client. We're glad you've been able to get a lot of value out of our program. Yes, our approach is focused on what you can do to make your marriage great, rather than looking for excuses or trying to fix your spouse, which is impossible.

susannec42
May 24th, 2021

The Marriage Foundation will show you not only the path to unconditional love, but also the path to enlightenment. If happiness and pure love are your goals, look no further. It's so rare to find such gem of insights on what makes pure, unconditional love practical. You'll find those insights with The Marriage Foundation.

Vicki T. – The Marriage Foundation Rep

Thank you Susanne. While we aren't a religious organization and can't comment on the path to enlightenment, we're grateful that you've found a lot of value in our courses for your relationship and your life. We often hear from people how the principles and techniques we teach for eliminating bad habits, and controlling the mind and emotions helps people not just in their marriages but in all relationships and situations in life. From interacting with their boss, to other drivers on the road, to just being a peaceful, happier, more fulfilled person. It's amazing how much negativity the untrained mind focuses on and absorbs. We're glad to hear you are doing well.

jamesc3641
May 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

My marriage was in deep trouble, and I didn't know how I was going to save it! I wasn't even sure that I wanted to save it. I used to spend a lot of time blaming every thing wrong in our life together on my wife! Sure, in a marriage, it takes two to tango! But, the Marriage Foundation course and books gave me the tools I needed to turn things around. And it doesn't take both of you to do it! If one member of the couple learns the right methods of ‘getting along' in an intimate relationship, it can be saved! The course taught me that wanting unconditional love in a marriage doesn't mean that you demand it from your partner. It means that you give it. The course taught me that if you want to feel loved, you have to give it. In religious circles, they say that the instrument is blessed by what passes through it. And blame and negativity was passing through me almost constantly. Once I let go of this bad habit of looking for my wife's flaws and wanting to constantly wallow in what I perceived to be our "problems", things began to get better! In summary, this course saved my marriage!

Vicki T. – The Marriage Foundation Rep

Thank you James for an honest review from a real client. We often hear messages like this: "I wasn't even sure that I wanted to save it." The struggle in marriage when you don't know what to do is very tiring. But once you start making the right changes, as James discovered, you find that love manifests again very quickly. It didn't go away, it was just eclipsed by poor behavior on both parts. As our founder, Paul Friedman, likes to say, the sun is gigantic, but your tiny hand can easily block it from view. Similarly, any bad behavior on your part can eclipse all the love in your marriage. We're thrilled to hear your marriage is continuing to thrive.

cindyk257
July 28th, 2020

Vicki T. – The Marriage Foundation Rep

Mrs. K is not a client of ours. She reached out for free advice about her current situation and disagreed with our assessment. We're sorry that she was offended when we failed to agree with her. Our principles are the same regardless of the gender of the person writing in. When one comes to us seeking help, we always discuss the changes that individual can make. No one, not us, not you, can change your spouse. You can only change you.

Unlike traditional marriage counselors, we refuse to join prospective clients in criticizing or condemning their spouse, which will only drive them further away. Our only mission is to heal marriages. Many prospective clients just want us to agree that their behavior was perfect and only their spouse behaved poorly, rather than seeking help. This is against our principles.

We don't believe any particular gender is the root of the problem. We believe poor behavior is the root of the problem. If a marriage is unhappy, it is because both members have contributed through anger, vindictiveness, criticism, condemnation, complaints, arguing, cold shoulders, dirty looks, on and on. Any behavior that is not expressing love to your partner has got to go or it will damage your marriage. It does not matter "who started it" or how your spouse behaves. Our position is that if your behavior is bad, regardless of if it is in response to your spouse's poor behavior, you are actively damaging your marriage. Everyone can learn to discriminate between destructive and loving behavior, without becoming a doormat. Neither gender gets a pass on these basic principles.

reneek179
February 26th, 2019

I used this website's free "ask a counselor" option to get advice on saving my marriage. I gave only the main info needed to get sound advice for a marriage plagued by trust issues and the reply I received from their so-called counselor was appalling! I was told I was all at fault, that I aligned forces with our children causing them to see their father as a fool instead of respecting him, and that I needed to change and become a better person and real wife. These horrific accusations and labeling came without hearing the whole story of how I endured verbal and physical abuse, the children enduring verbal abuse and family abandonment which is the reason for their negative view of their father as well as me forgiving him for adultery that I actually caught with my own eyes as well as numerous accusations of fondling and sexual solicitation by women throughout the 30 yrs together. You can imagine the anger I felt as I read the reply email from a counselor I was seeking help from, a business who's motto is to help people save their marriages through counseling and counseling courses.

After that experience I will greatly ask anyone looking for sound help and advice for their marriage problems to not give their money and time to this business because you will not get the right help you're seeking.

Tip for consumers:
Provides free advice and pay for help courses ensuring to help mend marriages going through problems

Vicki T. – The Marriage Foundation Rep

Mrs. K admits she is not a client. There is no doubt that her husband did things that were very damaging to the marriage. She did reach out for free advice and didn't like it when didn't agree with her. She was not seeking recovery, which is our sole mission. She wrote in seeking our agreement with her judgment and condemnation of her husband. Sorry, we don't do that.

In cases of physical abuse, we always recommend clients seek safety for the victim and children, first. Then consider reconciliation when it is safe to do so. In cases of substance abuse, we recommend people seek professional help for this issue first before marriage issues can be effectively resolved.

However, drugs, alcohol, and extreme cases aside, in over 20 years working with countless couples, no troubled marriage became a problem all at once or as a result of only one person's bad behavior. Major symptoms like infidelity are the result of several months or years of bickering, fighting, and countless bad behaviors exhibited by both members, often even before the wedding. You can see Mrs. K's message only lists the things he did wrong, without listing a single mistake she made. Should we believe that her behavior was perfect?

We give the same response to anyone writing in, men or women, which is essentially: 'We won't help you condemn your spouse. If you want to improve your marriage, we can help you do that by helping you become a better person. That means learning how to not react negatively and emotionally to your spouse's bad behavior, even if they start a fight. You learn how to diffuse and end it. You learn how to control your mind, emotions, and mouth. You be the bigger person. You express only love, without being a doormat. Until now you've been pushing them away and aggravating them with your bad behavior, never mind if it was in response to their bad behavior. When you stop doing that and become a truly changed, truly loving person, who no longer reacts to their triggers being pushed, your spouse will inevitably notice, pause, and fall in love with you again."

We have seen this process work over, and over, and over again, meanwhile western-psychological based processes traditional marriage counselors use rarely work. We get a lot of clients from marriage counselors because this is the only thing that consistently works to heal marriages. However, it is not effective for those who just want to judge and condemn. We're sorry that we can't help you.

Questions? Get answers from the The Marriage Foundation staff and other customers.

Vicki T.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Marriage Foundation?

Have a question about The Marriage Foundation?