The Gadget Spot

The Gadget Spot has a consumer rating of 1.3 stars from 10 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. The Gadget Spot ranks 137th among Gadgets sites.

How would you rate The Gadget Spot?

“The customer service department was excellent”

Chris H.
8/26/10

The customer service department was excellent - no automatic voice recognition or 'push 1 for this / that', but instead a very nice man called Jeff who was exceedingly polite, knowledgeable and helpful. The only downside to this site is that their delivery is rather slow, at 6-10 days.

“Absolute con”

lee l.
9/17/10

Absolute con. They set a delivery date for after the 7 day statuary cooling off period to cancel, then don't delivery/reply/answer phone or man up. People like these need shooting and one day Mr G Long someone will catch up with you. I have had to contact trading standards and start the process of the distance selling agreement... not holding my breath. STAY AWAY!

leel4
September 17th, 2010

stephenn1
June 10th, 2010

Badly run webiste. Order an audio system for £301. Was in processing for 2 weeks. They were not responding to my emails. Finally got one once the delivery est had passed. They gave me the money back for the delivery £25 and said it would be shipped on monday or tuesday. Now no responce again.

Also seen on other websites members of the company have been writing reviews for them selves and the owner attempting to save the "companys" reputation.

I'll be calling my bank now and getting my money back the only way that seems psobile.

gregp2
July 9th, 2010

I got the same spiel about system issues and five day processing. No sign of the item yet, it is nearly four weeks now. Time to call up the bank and dispute the transaction.
Avoid them like the plague.

startx
June 30th, 2010

*avoid thegadgetspot.co.uk like the plague*
I placed an order for ~150ukp on a sunday, have not revieved any confirmation of delivery (now friday week)

All calls to there 020 + 0843 telephone number go unswered, as do voice mails + emails.

No ability to cancel order or talk to anyone from this company.

Verdict: do not shop with these people.

garethm
August 4th, 2010

I placed an order for a WiFi adapter on 20 June 2010. The order has still not been delivered after almost two months. There is no answer to the phone number provided and the voicemail is full. I have emailed numerous times and there has been no response. I have, as of yet, been unable to retrieve my money (£54.00).

I question the legitimacy of thegadgetspot.co.uk and advise that it be avoided at all costs.

markr7
August 18th, 2010

After listening to every MJ song ever written in Q2, I had to give up. This isnt a company the size of BT. Avoid these lot, I have been waiting 10 days for something they obviously do not have. Will make a personel visit to them in Sutton, and kick some arse.

ppd
June 9th, 2010

Rubbish customer service. No reply for customer queries. Called on 0843 no and keeping waiting for 15 min in a Q position 1 and no response. Can not even cancel the order. Extremely RUBBISH...

martinz
August 16th, 2010

They are thieves. Bought GPS. Never delivered, money taken, no answer to emails nor phone cals.

chrisw3
June 28th, 2010

DONT USE THIS COMPANY, My order has been processing for over two weeks, they said that there was a techincal fault but it back to to normal and my order will shipped with in 5 days. Those days have gone and no items dispatch

chrish14
August 26th, 2010

You have legal rights to cancel your order within 7 days of receiving it - see http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/distance-selling-regulations/ For details - or Google "Distance Selling Regulations". They have no choice but to honour this. I had an occassion in the past where I ordered an air con unit and cancelled it and they refused to take it back without charging me a "restocking fee" of 20% of the original cost. I pointed out they couldn't do that - under this law they had to take it back. They ignored me so I contact the Trading Standards office nearest their base (I'm up north, they were down south) who sent someone round to their premises to speak to their top man. Within a day or two a refund appeared on my card. If you no longer want the item and still can't reach them by phone, send the item back recorded delivery (so they can't deny having received it), add up all the costs you've incurred (including the cost of sending it back) and write a letter asking for that FULL amount back as a refund. Mention the distance selling regs and that you'd tried to cancel numerous times before dispatch and had been unable to reach them through no fault of your own. Put it all down in writing and send them the letter. Say you'll give them 14 days before contacting Trading Standards. If no refund comes through, send a copy of the same letter, with a covering letter, with full details of their name, address etc, to their local Trading Standards office and ask them to send someone round to check them out as you're having no luck making contact. At least this way they'll get a visit from an official which may just give them the shock they need. I'm going to phone them this morning to see if I can get through and cancel my order. If not, this is the approach I'll take. Good luck and keep me posted. Regards Brian

By Brian J.