Review of The-Online

The-Online reviews

1 star

chelseav15
5/14/19

2 years ago when my high-traffic wordpress sites needed to scale up, I started searching for a better web host than flywheel who offers superior performance and stability for my most important money-sites. The-Online.com's managed wordpress hosting platform helped a lot as I had not to worry about whether or not my website can handle a traffic spike, a huge sale, or a massive media mention. The use of cloud container technology enables them to ramp up instantly to meet traffic spikes, surges, and everything in between - and that is what I loved at The-Online.com. The uptime received was also 100% and the managed wordpress services also includes easy restoration of backups, staging site, and is optimized for WooCommerce, and server-level caching which is faster than any wordpress caching plugin. The only thing they yet don't provide is Collaboration.

In all I'm happy to host my high traffic sites with them.

meghas16
2/27/19

When I was asked to move my wordpress sites from old host bigrock as the site grew beyond 5K posts, I was wondering if I should get a managed VPS hosting (as I'm not a web pro) and pay $$ monthly or get a business hosting account, which costs $$ as there are not many reliable web hosts in India, but my friend suggested me I should try cPanel web hosting from The-Online.com. Since The Online offers 30 day full refund guarantee I decided to test their cPanel web hosting for a month.

Their cPanel web hosting comes on the cloud server which is fully managed, patched up, monitored by them. cPanel hosting plan came with unlimited disk space and unmetered bandwidth (that means no overage fees) plus free backups, free restore (other Indian web hosts charge for backups and restore feature), and they even gave me free CDN with hosting account. (I needed to email them to activate this)

It's my 7th month I'm still hosting with them so they seem quite reliable. The uptime I checked through my third-party uptime monitoring tool (Hetrix Tools) showed 100% uptime for full 7 months for their cPanel hosting.

They offer fastest NVMe SSD hard disk to host my sites. Their tech support guy ensured me that they host webserver and mySQL database server on 2 different machines in the cloud that helps to increase the performance of websites and they load quite fast. The web page test report I generated showed that my wordpress site was loading incredibly fast. The load time was just 1.3 seconds at The-Online.com v/s the load time of 6.7 seconds at bigrock hosting.

Their support is good. Helped me to migrate my wordpress sites from old host to them. The migration took 2 hours and I was duly informed by email and phone call. They helped me to tune the daily backups which are automated and set up free CDN for my site. I've raised 2 support tickets in these 7 months and both were addressed in about 30 minutes.

I will recommend The-Online.com cPanel web hosting for anyone who is looking out for performance web hosting in India at cheapest cost.

Tip for consumers: Their email support is fast and friendly. If you need to set up your domain, DNS setting, email account, mx records, as well as need help to set up your website, tune and tweak cPanel settings, and even check MySQL database or some wordPress plugin settings, etc - the guys at The-Online.com go beyond their standard support and help you with it for free. Just have patience.

annab406
1/17/18

I purchased The-Online.com's cPanel web hosting plan after I outgrown OVH hosting and they hosted my site in European datacenter. I'm really happy that my sites now load 10x faster than they were with OVH as its now locally hosted in France itself. Their web hosting plans are never oversold and you get what you pay for! I'm now using over 60 GB of space (yes, they do offer unlimited space), and over 15 MySQL databases, but still my sites run faster like they're hosted on a dedicated server. You get 2x CPU and 2x RAM which is enough for a site which gets 50000 daily visitors. Thanks to their fully managed servers, SSD disks, and connectivity to all major telecom operators in France. The only downside is, their telephone support is bit slower than their email support. I had to wait for 12 minutes to get to talk with their hosting expert. Rather I'll send email ticket and get quick replies and escalation of problem.

Tip for consumers: If you are based in Europe your website will be automatically hosted on their European datacenter. If you want to host in U.S. you can ask them to move your site. Also, if you buy web hosting plan for 12 months or more, they'll give you free .com domain name.

bhavins2
8/31/16

I'm a web pro and into website designing since last 7-8 years and have many Indian clients. I was hosting with Hosting Raja and then transferred to BigRock, but was not satisfied with their hosting speed and features, I was looking some professional hosting provider which featured advanced hosting technology like fully managed hosting in the cloud. After enough searching, my web designer friend recommended me Online (www.the-online.com) which advertises itself as India's national web hosting company. I migrated my own drupal site as well as 18 of my clients sites to Online. I purchased their Ultimate Hosting Plan which came with unlimited hosting space, unlimited data transfer, a free domain, free SSL cert, and huge power of 2 CPU core and 2 GB dedicated RAM - all for my own use. The plan also included free CDN and caching at their data center across US, Europe and Asia. I felt good, and asked them to migrate all my sites and my clients' sites. Though initially the support representative assured me that it will take 4-5 hours to migrate the sites, I took them up to 10 hours to migrate all of them. Yes, the sites were over 100 GB with many MySQL databases, but they should have informed me in advance that it will take time. Anyways, I was happy with their free migration service and tested their hosting speed on various third-party sites. My sites were loading in between 500ms to 900ms that is less than one second - which was far far better than Bigrock and HostingRaja speed. The performance was reliable and there was no downtime at all in past 11 months. The only drawback is their telephone support. Whenever I call their support kept me waiting nearly 10-12 minutes but then escalated my query fully. I hope their email support is better than telephone support.

Tip for consumers: Ask for free migration of all your sites from your old hosting provider and they'll do it for you. They transfer all sites, mails, data bases, apps from your old account to theirs. Also as for dedicated IP address. They will give it free and even setup it for you.

smithb22
7/7/16

I was with Godaddy un till February 2016 but then switched to cPanel web hosting plan from The-Online.com which offered unlimited web hosting space and unlimited bandwidth. Today, after 5 months of using their web hosting services I can say that they are quite good and professional in providing what they offer. First of all their hosting plan prices are cheaper than godaddy and bluehost, sites are hosted in their global datacenters, and they offer complimentary free CDN with hosting plan. I had few problems at first for migrating my websites from godaddy to The-Online.com but then they assisted me and transferred over 40 GB of my sites and databases. Though this task took whole one day, my websites were up and running on their servers from very next day. They told me they use Intel processors and only Dell servers which out perform than other hosting providers. So my sites were fast. I had to open 2-3 support tickets to understand how to use the cpanel backup and restore function and their support reps guided me with full tour. Though they offer free backups with web hosting plan, I always make sure I have a copy of all my websites and databases. They offered a free domain too, but since I already had my domain registered I didn't use it. Overall performance of web hosting is good. Never had any downtime. Support is also friendly and reachable. I may continue to host with them for full year and beyond.

Tip for consumers: Though they display various web hosting coupons where they offer up to 80% off, do ask for special offers running by emailing them. Also, ask to set up free CDN after your purchase the hosting plan, and they'll do it rightly.

I checked The-Online.com site and their pricing. The .com domain name registration would cost you $0.99 per year and is only available for one-year registration. Use coupon code FX1YR in shopping-cart at check out. Domain name registration includes free extras like free privacy, free URL forwarding and masking, free hosting 10GB cpanel, free email, free email forwarding, free domain locking and protection, free auto-renewal protection, free domain-status alerts, and free 24/7 support. I feel their prices are cheaper than other registrars like godaddy, namecheap, enom, namesilo, bigrock, fxdomains, gandi.net and others.

By Smith B.

Hi, At Online they provide fully managed hosting and their cPanel hosting plans are hosted on cloud servers which you can upgrade to higher plan without any downtime. The cost of starter hosting plan is $1.99 and cost of basic hosting plan is $3.99. You can host unlimited WordPress blogs on your hosting plan. You'll get unlimited space and bandwidth/data transfer. CPU/RAM will be 1 core / 1GB respectively. If you want more RAM, you can buy Ultimate plan which comes with 2x CPU/RAM than the other plans. Plus you get Free SSL certificate and Free Premium DNS service. Also, all our hosting plans come with Free .com Domain of your choice. Please contact https://the-online.com/ for more information.

By Bhavin S.

Nopes. you'll need a promo code to register free .com domain. They are available on their promo or deals page.

By Megha S.
Questions? Get answers from the The-Online staff and other customers.

The-Online?