Review of TeenShield

TeenShield reviews

elizabethb231
9/20/17

I purchased this so I could monitor my 11y/o texts. Well at first it backed up and I saw the texts from the first backup. I can't see any texts after the first day. I see who she has called. No contacts(and I know she has contacts as I have looked at the phone). I have tried to manually back up. It says it backed up on her iPhone. The website is SLOW and frequently I cant get on at all. I have not tried to get support as the website is so SLOW. Really a waste of money. I am not renewing after 3 months.

heatherf71
9/19/17

Product simply doesn't work. Support is of no help and they constantly come up with excuses as to why it doesn't work. I had phone sheriff and it didn't work so they sent me to teen shield.. which doesn't work! It is down a lot and doesn't work if your chid does not back up their phone etc.

sos38
8/31/17

I started out with PhoneSheriff. After purchasing it they said it won't work with my kids' iphone 6 and 7 phones. They directed me to TeenShield. They had to give me another key code so my 2nd child's phone could be used.

There is no help when i have a question. If i send an email it takes several days to get back to me. Answers are vague. I want to block apps, but i can't figure out how to do it. I can't view my kids pictures and the app doesn't give more details. This software is from 1970.

I'm so sad. I wanted this to work for me and my kid. $89/year for 2 phones should work, right?

I still haven't heard anything back as of today and i sent my request on Monday.

mikes567
7/9/17

I could not have said it better. Only problem is I am now into day 3 or 4 and still can not see phone on Teenshield. Only to try to add phone 100 times to be told over last 2 days server errors! Have been told twice through my hour plus on live chat it has been moved to level 2 support. BLAH!!

justinh114
6/3/17

Teen Shield isn't perfect but it is definitely useful. I found out my 14 year old was drinking at his friend's house. So it helped me know who to steer him clear of.

katieb66
3/28/17

I purchased Phone Sheriff and it didn't work, despite checking what was required on the website. I started a chat and was offered Teen Shield as a replacement. Apparently they're the same company? Phone Sheriff was $89 and Teen Shield was given to me at no additional cost; it will be $153/year going forward. A hefty increase considering Teen Shield doesn't have some of the same features as Phone Sheriff. Teen Shield doesn't have the ability to block callers, e-mails, websites etc.

After an hour on chat I was able to do the first backup. Though I then had to wait 12-24 hours before the website I would monitor from would be able to acknowledge that device.

As of now two backups have been performed and I show "no records" from the monitoring website. No texts. No e-mails. No address book. No apps downloaded. Yet here I sit with the phone in my hand and can see there is a ton of activity.

List of why I would give this product zero stars if I could:

-slow website for monitoring
-ZERO real time information! The device activity information is only synced to the website when a backup occurs. Which means the device has to be locked, plugged in and connected to wi-fi. Even after that it could be 12-24 hours before the backup pushes to the monitoring website. Though I was just told it should be somewhere around 7-8 hours...still a LONG time! Certainly gives parents ZERO chance to intervene...
-GPS only tracks every 30 minutes. Tracking occurs by sending an e-mail to the icloud account associated with the device every 30 minutes. Not helpful if your child has left where they previously were...
-can't restrict anything on the phone, as promised by Phone Sheriff
-costs more than Phone Sheriff

I hope to get my money back since I didn't even technically purchase this product. And I certainly hope there is another monitoring product out there that's actually worthy of purchase!

Questions? Get answers from the TeenShield staff and other customers.

TeenShield?