Tate

Tate has a consumer rating of 4 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Tate also ranks 4th among Museum sites.

How would you rate Tate?

“I wanted to pick a unique site for my first review...”

Jessica B.
8/9/11

I wanted to pick a unique site for my first review EVER (on here, lol), so I picked "How It Is", which is a project created by UK's Miroslaw Balka. Though I really like the site, it is difficult to explain. Basically, it's a type of art project Balka created, It takes you to this black, interactive, borderline scary "cave", and you navigate through it with the mouse. There are many strange things to come upon. Things that again, I cannot explain. It's just something you have to see for yourself. I gave it four stars because it is engaging and kept me interested for a while. I actually didn't finish going through the whole thing in one sitting because it was nighttime and it was starting to freak me out a bit lol. The site insists that you wear headphones, and I figured out why! Strange, intriguing, different, interactive, unexplainable art. Somewhat like a game, only...not. Some parts are somewhat disturbing in a sense, but that's just my opinion. Go see for yourself.

jessicab13
August 9th, 2011
keythr
October 17th, 2011
Tate / Tate Britain - Major London Art Gallery - Art from 1500 to the present day.

The Tate Gallery bills itself as the home of British art from 1500 to the present day. The original gallery at Millbank on the north bank of the Thames in London is now known as 'Tate Britain'

If your taste is for classic British painters such as Hogarth, Turner, Blake and Constable, or you prefer 20th Century offerings from Bacon, Spencer, Moore and Hepworth, Tate Britain is the destination for you.

'Young British Artists' (YBAs) from the 1990s – Damien Hirst, Tracey Emin, Cornelia Parker are also well represented – whether their work should even be classed as 'art' provokes many discussions!

Top rank works from Picasso, Klimpt, Dali, Warhol, Rothko, Degas, Pollock, Braque, Magritte, head up the international offerings.

In short, there is a stunning and wide collection of artistic work on display – Tate Britain is a gallery which will manage to please nearly all visitors.

The website is extensive, and most artists and collections can be searched. It will give you up to date information on current and future exhibitions, tell you how to reach the gallery and provide information on the sister galleries of Tate Modern, Tate Liverpool and Tate St. Ives.

If you're interested in art, the website is well worth a visit:

Of course, images on computer screens are not the same as the real thing – if you are visiting London and like art, Tate Britain is 'must see' for your list.

If you can't manage a visit, one of their latest developments is a good second best – a rolling slideshow of some of their best works:

Still in beta version, it will no doubt be improved, but even in beta it has some great images. Enjoy!

Questions? Get answers from the Tate staff and other customers.

Tate is a family of four art galleries in London, Liverpool and Cornwall known as Tate Modern, Tate Britain, Tate Liverpool and Tate St Ives. Tate art museum houses the UK's collection of British art from 1500 and of international modern art

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tate?

Have a question about Tate?