Review of Taskeasy

Taskeasy reviews

charlesw321
6/8/19

I need lawn mowing for a vacation. Scheduled it 12 days in advace then confirmed by task easy. Evening lawn was to have been mowed, I get an emai saying it was not completed and they would follow up with contractor. This was not done and the same thing happened week 2. Company is likely a fraud. I do not yet know if they have billed my card or done any charges but I would avoid at all costs

bobr264
6/2/19

I was quoted one price and the first time they mowed the lawn I was charged five dollars more. When I called to cancel the service I was told they would find somebody else for a little less and they never returned my call. Try thumbtack, much better people to deal with.

dinae7
5/31/19

They kept rescheduling my service. My lawn literally got up to my knees and I got ticketed by both my HOA and the city. Would not ever use this service again!!!-

vittorial1
5/10/19

My mom and I had moved to our new house 4 months ago. And in that time we had never cut the grass. It was depressing and embarrassing. We live in a rural area with almost 20,000 sq ft yard. We also are very poor. Mom had just been diagnosed with expensive cancer, and was in hospital for over a month trying to survive her 4 major surgeries. She did. We also have no car, which sucks.

So, after 4 months, we HAD mow this damn grass somehow. I went on thumbtask app first and got some quotes. Wholly conquistadors, the quotes were insane. 200$, 275$, 150$, and finally 100$. Even 100$ is a bit high, but ok. Messaged them, they said they don't do my area.

Felt defeated. Then saw Taskeasy. Plugged in my sq ft of my house and they came back at an automated quote of 61$. Wt* :)

Then, I looked up their reviews, and sitejabber comes up first. Wt*! Nothing but horrible reviews! Scary. I actually read the reviews.

Happy that they at least show up, according to bad reviews.

They can increase the price once they show up. Super scary.

I saw people complain about the premium service. I'm just recommending the basic package. I don't have premium money.

I did get charged 10$ more, a very fair price..for a 4 month neglected lawn. If you're worried about that, make sure you're at home and ask if its extra.

Also, they don't get paid till they take those before and after photos, upload it and you approve. They show proof of their work. They get paid either upon your approval or 2 days later automatically.

My guy showed up, the right day, got on his riding mower and mowed. Then did some trimming all over. Got rid of some and hills.

Last point, I believe these are independent contractors like on thumbtack or uber. If that is the case, they should have where you can rate, and see your contractors rating :) for accountability. If it drops down to a certain rating, maybe they're bad eggs. You don't want your nice company tainted with a few bad apples. And much of the time, people only write bad reviews. I always try to write good reviews when I have good service.

georgej147
5/9/19

Anxious to lock you into doing business then zero customer support. The final straw was then they told me my bank messed up their payment where I confirmed they never even tried. Pretty sure I was being forced out since my tiny once every other week job wasn't making enough money for them.

tiffanyc155
5/2/19

I scheduled a mow with task easy because my husband was sick, they did a fantastic job and my husband was very happy with it too. We decided to stay on the schedule for every other week. The contractors never showed up for a second job, even though I'd been scheduled for weeks out! Customer service was useless and kept saying my contractor was coming & that they had other customers. It's annoying to try to be home and keep your dog put away while hoping and waiting for someone to show up. No emails for a cancel or delay either, you have to harass them for a wishy-washy answer. What is the point of the recurring service if they first one is all you get? I will use someone who has time and actually wants my money. Will never use again.

geeg2
4/29/19

Were a day late. Mowed the wrong property. Wouldnt come back for another week. Then said the lawn was overgrown and either we had to pay a lot extra or wait another week to have another contractor come out.

jillm222
1/9/19

First of all, even when the work is done correctly, be aware that they will not show up for appointments and give no notification that they aren't coming. Once, they rescheduled an appointment they had already missed twice for a Sunday...then didn't show up and I got an email after the fact saying they didn't show up because they don't work on Sundays!! Then why did you accept the job??? I hired them to do yard clean up, which is supposed to include (according to the website) leaf clean up and light hedge trimming and pruning. When they FINALLY actually showed up for an appointment (fourth time is the charm, I guess), they did the front yard (blowing most of them into the street!), but not the back yard. They did absolutely NO hedge trimming at all. When I refused payment until they fixed it, they came back and completed the leaf clean up, but STILL did not do the hedges. Then i was told it was because they were too tall--BECAUSE IT TOOK THEM OVER TWO WEEKS TO ACTUALLY SHOW UP and they had grown tall. Not only that, but they caused some damage to my house and to my back gate and refused to make it right. Horrible customer service, but even worse contractors. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THEM. Pictures are of the damage and the bushes they refused to trim.

rinaldom15
10/13/18

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. They will increase your prices without any notice or recourse. I can understand a small increase due to the economy but since it's the end of the season they want to increase my service 50% then blame it on their contractors.

kevind281
7/31/18

The worst customer support I have ever seen. They take your money and you can go pound sand. RUN don't walk away from these thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennas78
7/28/18

Saint Paul, MN. I was out of town and paid for mows by looking at the photos uploaded by mower. Got home to find 1/4 of the yard had been missed for a month and grass was knee-high. Emails went unanswered for days, so I called. I hoped the mower could come out and finish what he'd missed, but no. I was told by a supervisor that since I'd already paid, I was out of luck. Also, I hadn't contacted then within 48 hours (I guess emails don't count), so also out of luck. Once you pay or once 48 hours passes, the guarantee no longer applies. I feel the blame here goes to the company and their misleading guarantee promise, and not the mower. If they'd bothered to contact him, he probably would have come back.

Tip for consumers: Hold payment until you can see the yard in person even if you are out of town.

dianec6
7/16/18

The first time they came out they did a great job, my yard looked super.
The next week, they sent an email to say they would be out the next day.
No show. Emailed me again said they'd be out the next day, again no show.
Next day, sent a text saying they would be out in 5 days. Canceled. Just ridiculous

kathya26
6/19/18

I hire taskeasy for yard service. Including in my package was weeding the flower bed. However the person Jason that was assigned to mow the yard refuse to pull the weeds. Taskeasy approved of that though, I paid for that service. Jason was willing to come back under his condition no weed pulling, Keep in mind that is what I am paying for. I said no then I receive an e-mail from taskeasy that said I was not a right fit for task. Why is that because they want me to give up a task that I am paying for? Task has engaged in the worst form of gamemenship to reach their own goals. Shame on them. Kathy

kennethw160
6/18/18

Unreliable. For two months they promised to do yard work on a premium price. For two months they are a no-show. Customer service non-responsive. Always a promise to do better. Promise always broken.

I don't know. Didn't need to contact anyone at taskeasy

By Vittoria L.

Thumbtack had crazy high quotes. Taskeasy had better quotes

By Vittoria L.
Questions? Get answers from the Taskeasy staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Taskeasy