Review of TalkingParents

noreply@talkingparents.com

3 reviews with 4 stars

ronaldi
8/4/16

I really liked using this app. My ex is an extreme narcissist and everything that I always say gets misconstrued and turned around in telephone conversation. This puts the power back in my hands and lets me have more control over conversations and showing when he's not being honest or decisive. It was great because I could download copies and have it sent to the guardian ad litem and to the judge. The one thing I will say you never do win with a narcissist but it's a tool to add to an Arsenal to help combat them. The other thing I love is that it's taken away they need to have to communicate via the telephone. It's nice because it's free but for a small upgrade you can print copies as well. Highly recommend.

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Thank you for your great feedback, Ronald. We're very glad to hear that Talking Parents has helped you put the power back in your hands. We hope to continue to serve you well at Talking Parents.
mikef101
3/6/16

My ex-wife constantly ignored court ordered cooperation with me on our children's issues, and manipulated my custody time simply by ignoring messages, etc. I insisted that the court order using Talking Parents, and after two years the judge finally agreed. It has been great. my Ex and I actually have important conversations about our children because we have to. The tracking of responses and views is important, because now she can no longer say that she "never received" my messages about our children (which was her code for "deleted without reading it"). She also knows that her behavior is officially being documented, so her communication is far more reasonable and civil. Use of T.P. has improved my family situation and helped to protect my time to maintain relationships with my children a great deal.

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Thank you for your great review, Mike! We're glad that Talking Parents has been so helpful in getting you through your legal issues. This was our aim from the beginning and we're happy to have helped. We appreciate your feedback!
jackc15
3/23/11

I guess this site is newer than I thought. Seems like people either haven't heard of it or they think it's only good for women with do-nothing ex's who don't care about their kids. I get along great with the mother of my child and we work together to provide a good life for our son, we use talkingparents because it's convenient and we've got like 16 years to go and we think it's a good idea to keep a complete record of our discussions about him. I just copy and paste the entire record every so often in case anything ever happens to the site, I guess thats the only real downside, though I don't know why it would ever disappear. I know some people who use it because they don't get along and it seems to work ok for that too

Response from Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative
Hi, Jack. No need to copy and paste your records, we keep an archive for you! We're glad that you enjoy using our services and hope to continue to serve you in the future.

Can the judge see conversations between both party?

By Takisha B.

Hi, Michael. That decision would have to be made in court. We do not set any rules or regulations and act only as a way to record communication between parents.

By Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative

Hi, Robert. Once you open a new conversation in the app, you should see a paperclip icon in the top right corner of your screen. Once you click on the icon, your album folders will appear.

By Kristin K., TalkingParents Representative

Not really free, free to use, but it costs money to get any of your data out.

By Laura T.

Questions? Get answers from the TalkingParents staff and other customers.

TalkingParents?