Review of Sweetwater

Fort Wayne, IN 46818, US
stuart_niven@sweetwater.com

nickw146
11/15/18

Sweetwater sound is simply the best musical gear retailer.as a direct result, i have been a very loyal customer.why?many reasons:they have the best customer service-hands down.stores like guitar center completely suck and in fact they're probably going bankrupt because of it;for many reasons like:the "i only work here" attitude.[never] the case at Sweetwater.there's always someone who's knowledgeable. if 1 person doesn't know an answer, you're quickly referred to another rep who does specialize in whatever piece of gear/dept. to fulfill your individual need. everyone's extremely polite, patient and honest. they re not used car salesmen. they're pretty much all musicians or sound techs or people like me who've worked in the music industry as well.Sweetwater stands behind what they sell.if you ever have an issue with anything [say it's electronic or something]their tech support is bar-none.if something's ever wrong, they make it right.if ever anything's defective in the slightest,they promptly email you an rma label.other chains don't do that -seriously.when shipping... it's lightening-fast.often same day[especially when you're a long-time customer]that's 1 thing about them....they value loyalty ...and reward you for it.I'm speaking from many years of experience as a Sweetwater sound customer.I'm eternally grateful to this company.Remove review

richardh649
11/13/18

It was late on a Friday night after 5-PM and I called Sweetwater and asked them could they get an order to me right away. The next day my doorbell rang at my business and FedEx was delivering my order on Saturday before noon ? How can this be ? That was an 8 Hour turnaround time. A Salesman named Travis just hustled and got my order to me right away. My experience was Sweet with Sweetwater. I will tell all my friends to do business with Sweetwater because I am a very satisfied cutomer.

robertl721
11/5/18

Sweetwater has launched my career by helping me select the right equipment and instruments to bring my dream to life....Mike Conyers is excellent, and so knowledgeable, beyond the normal sales engineer in all the other online stores...he has made all the difference in my shopping through guitar online stores...I'm so impressed with his caring about you and your purchases...love shopping at Sweetwater and Mike has made all that difference.

rodneyl36
11/1/18

Very customer oriented. I know nothing about this stuff but they are right there to help during and after the sale.

cruzs18
10/31/18

Just bought a guitar from Sweetwater and what an amazing experience,they made it seem so easy, it was like I walked into a music store in my home town,very easy to deal with.Thanks again Sweetwater

luisr113
10/30/18

Best customer service iv ever experience related to this kid of stores.Great options for purchasing. They take care of details . Very, very satisfied with personal follow up by phone

jamesr743
10/27/18

Thank you Sweetwater and David Merkosky for my new guitar! Great service and no hassles. Will do business again. David made it all easy! Thanks again

luisv82
10/23/18

all in the purchase was fast
Sweetwater is very very very good, they do excellent job
is my first buy and i´m happy, are no complaints or claims, all perfect

angelj30
10/21/18

Fast prompt deliver. Came faster then I expected. Customer service is excellent. They even sent candy as a thank you. This will be my go to place forever for guitars and accessories.

ed97
10/8/18

someone tried to make a large purchase with a great deal of personal information. Sweetwater refused to provide any information I could use to try to identify the source of the criminal activity. STAY AWAY from this company

evanp43
10/5/18

I have been depending upon Sweetwater for over fifteen years. Tyler, my sales engineer, has given me some fantastic service; his pre-sales technical support is the most important reason why I will continue to be their patron. The 30-day (post-sale) price match is awesome too (which I leveraged for a 33% savings recently).

Anyhow, I just purchased a set of the Roland TD-50K V-Drums (especially for the 8 configurable direct outs!) and I am psyched to get the kit working with Superior Drummer. Last drum kit I bought from Sweetwater had a MIDI problem after about 11 months (the bass player tripped on the cable and tweaked the connector) and they took care of the whole problem without any cost to me.

christianf55
10/4/18

Thank you Chuck and his team. Buying music gear is fun, and Sweetwater makes the experience even better. The site is coherent and easily navigated, chucked full of gear, and videos show the sounds and functions of new equipment. The shipping is efficient and prompt, the packaging well done, and returns are easy and fair. Its too easy! And thanks again for that! Good Job, and Good form. Thanks Sean Geyer--You rock!

laurier80
10/3/18

I want to take a moment to RAVE about how great my ordering experience through Sweetwater Sound has been! The order was not mine; it was my grandson's. He is 14, and a budding (obsessive!) musician. He had earned enough money and asked if he could order a guitar pedal online using my credit card. I'm always a bit hesitant to order online products because that often means you're stuck with something you didn't want with little to no help with returns. Also, now the unhelpful vendor has your credit card number!
Not the case with Sweetwater! How refreshing it was to receive communication during order processing and even after receipt of the order. The extra effort (and candy! LOL!) has this grandmother's future business... and there will be much more business to be had. I am also a musician with a family of little musicians coming up! Who knows; we may be the future Rock version of the Von Trapps! Again, thank you for the terrific ordering experience... and the kid loves the pedal!

christ346
9/29/18

I purchased this entry-level digital wireless headset for member of our church worship team. She is blind and needs hands-free so she can read braile lyrics. My main concern was quality, with this item being the least expensive digital system available. We finally rehearsed yesterday with the new headest...Thumbs Up, Sweetwater! Great Sound and the quality seems high. I would recommend this headset. I just now need to see how it holds up over time. Thank you, Sweetwater for helping me through the purchase process!

erwina10
9/27/18

Seller do not help the customers in anything; they only serve to say can not. Before this purcharse I had stopped buying in Swetwater, because of problems with the sellers, since these they not help the customer .. The present purchase, I made it because the Guitar Center did not have the equipment I needed. At Guitar Center, they continually send me coupons for discounts, offers and sellers always give me their help with shipping to Puerto Rico. That's the reason why I stopped buying at Sweetwater

matthewc266
Matthew C.
9/25/18

I had a phenomenal experience with Brad and Sweetwater team. I'll never go anywhere else for the rest of my life!

wyliec12
9/23/18

never any difficulties with Sweetwater, great deals, top-notch products, very responsive customer service.

erica158
9/19/18

very disgusted with sweetwater right now i applied for there credit card and was denied now that would be understandable if i had bad credit but i dont! 745 credit which is more then respectable i have no problem getting cars other credit cards etc. im disgusted with sweetwater right now what do u have to have a credit score of 800+ to get approved for a 400.00 purchace shame on u guys

jamess226
9/18/18

I bought an audio interface from them fifteen years ago and from day 1 it did not work, it was stuck in a power off / power on loop. I thought it was my PC configuration and lost a week of work trying to fix it. I finally sent it to the manufacturer's factory service and had it repaired. It was defective. It was only today, reading these reviews, that I realized that Sweetwater had sold me defective and possibly returned stock. The reason I came to check these reviews is that a Sweetwater sales rep started calling me, in the middle of the night, and sending me emails introducing himself as my "personal sales rep." I responded to the email and told him calling me is not OK - and that his call had disturbed me in the middle of the night, and then his response was not to acknowledge that he had called me without my consent, but to ask me what time zone I am in. I checked my Sweetwater "account page", and it doesn't even show a phone number registered with them. There was also no way to delete your account. Stay away from this company unless you want defective gear and people spying on you to get your contact info to spam you, If you see a promotion for a free giveaway or contest, don't sign up, you'll just be opening yourself to spam and unsolicited phone calls.

pennys80
9/17/18

Mike was amazing. After visiting your website and realizing one of the items we needed could not be shipped overnight, Mike was eager to help find a comparative gooseneck mic that could be shipped in the timeframe we needed. Both the mic & the light are just what we needed to complete the refurbishing of our podium.

ronaldj72
9/17/18

Received obviously used, slightly damaged gear instead of new gear I ordered. ISP Theta X preamp. Order number 18173038

jm485
9/15/18

One of the best online buying experiences I have ever had! Things to note:
- they actually called me before finalizing the order just to verify the purchase and see if I had any questions. And when I called back (they had left me a VM) the person who originally called me answered and knew who I was!

- Easy tracking of package as it was on its way to me

- When I emailed them after to receiving it the same person I had started the process with actually replied back and asked me to let him know how the item had I purchased was working out for me.

- the item I ordered arrived as expected, was well packaged and had a nice insert that explained returns, how to get tech help, etc.

I would highly recommend Sweetwater and will be using them in the future!

jasonb563
9/14/18

I've went from big name retailers to Sweetwater for the reason above... You're actually talking to real musicians. If you're a drummer, you'll be talking to a drummer, not a sales rep. As a guitarist, I enjoy the help and conversation you'll have with your personal associate... Meaning you'll always be talking to the same person who gets to know you and your preference, and offer suggestions of new products you never knew of... Very helpful. Sorry, my photos are at the church I attend

michaelr835
Michael R.
9/11/18

Excellent, Helpful, Top Rate Shopping experience! iWill continue to purchase from SweetWater.com! Started Building a New Bass Rig... Found everything I needed.. I will continue adding to my Studio! Thanks again Sweetwater..!!!

salr18
9/9/18

I have been buying from Sweetwater close to ten years now. I have had the same service engineer Matt Kreager who has gotten to know what I expect. I can honestly say that I have been 100% satisfied with all of my purchases as well as all my returns. Quality control can be a big issue with all companies. Because I by from Sweetwater I have not had to settle for anything less than perfect. I have always been satisfied with the equipment that I have purchased is the best it can possibly be. When it wasn't Sweetwater took care of that for me.

Hi, Richard! Please feel free to give us a call or email with any questions you may have. Thanks for the message!

By Steve D., Sweetwater Representative

Hello, Marchon! Please give us a call or email, we'd be glad to look into this for you. Thank you for reaching out!

By Steve D., Sweetwater Representative

Hi, Solo! When you have a moment, please give us a call. We'd be glad to look into this for you. Thanks for the message!

By Steve D., Sweetwater Representative

There's no annual fee on the card, and if you make the minimum payments stipulated on the item(s) you purchase with it, you pay no interest! I work at Sweetwater, and also use the card to purchase my audio/drum gear.

By Curt M.

Questions? Get answers from the Sweetwater staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Sweetwater