Review of Sweetwater

Sweetwater reviews

Fort Wayne, IN 46818, US

shredm
2/17/18

I have dealt with many vendors and Sweetwater is the best at customer service from start to finish and beyond. The way Sweetwater does business should be the model for all companies that care if they see a return customer. I made a purchase over a year ago and a few weeks after received an email from Cassie OHanlon of Sweetwater asking if I was happy with their service. I had ordered the wrong part and she offered me an RMA to send it back for exchange. Before I could send it I was involved in an accident and this return was forgotten. Recently I came across it and inquired if I could still return it. Cassie said no problem ( right answer! ) and sent me what I needed within 2 days. This after a year and Im sure its not something they do often but the fact that I was given zero static about policy bla bla bla says to me that they actually care for my return business enough to simply handle it! Thank you Cassie and Sweetwater team. You are doing it right!

raymondh58
2/12/18

A bit skeptical as I never thought I would buy a guitar on line as I am more of a tactile
person.
However you add and the positive comments, the 51pt inspection and lets face it the 30day money back guarantee along with the PRICE. Well it was worth the price of postage(hahaha)
I am glad I took a chance,Arrived on time and in great nick.Was playable out of the box after a tuning.
No problems thus far.

You know you hear a lot of reasons not to buy on line.
Sweetwater may just be the reason that debunks all of them.
I intend to buy from then again,no question or qualms.

I company that says what is does and does what is says.

markf206
2/11/18

I first bought a version of Cubase when Gibson bought out Opcodes Studio Vision Pro many years ago. I believe it was Cubase 3, just prior to the SX 1 version. I like that theyve always been on the leading edge of development. I mean hey, they created the VST format.

When my friend, an avid hobbiest recording engineer and a guitarist of 50 years got burned recently by Cakewalks sell-out of Sonar, my empathy for him found the extra cash to buy him the DAW that I loved so much.

Cubase has a full load of features. The included instruments like HALion Sonic LE and the Retrolog synth are incredible. The drag-and-drop ease of moving tracks and samples in Cubase are a breeze< including the Sampler. If you work on a laptop (I dont, I work on two 27 side screens and a 40 main), youll appreciate that you can place all your project screens on a single monitor all at once (well, youll have one button to push between the mixer, the sampler and the chord keyboard). Of coarse theres full screens of the mixer and the scroll, the drum track and other screens too. Comping is easy and comp assembly is easier.cubase has a feature that allows you to go back as many steps of editing and hanging as you desire, with one click. It a;lows you to do multiple edits (you know, the original and the clean versions) from the same tracks with full alternate mixes. Cubase 9.5 Pro is 64 bit processing for the voices and the VSTs, but it is also 64 bit processing in the operations of the DAW.

As expected, thered a full compliment of professional tools for sheet music notation. Steinberg now has a dedicated sheet music writers program, but I cant see me ever needing more than Cubase provides.

Cubase is set up so that you can have a recording session with anyone else with a computer and the internet, anywhere in the world. They record as you monitor them live. They dont even require Cubase as their DAW, all they need to do is download a free interfacing program.

Ive toyed with Pro Tools, and if you just want to record but not create your own music, I think Pro Tools could be considered. I have Logic Pro in my computer (its a Mac Pro) and usually, I use it to entertain the teens that come over to learn the basics of making music. I also have Ableton Live. If all I ever wanted to create was hip hop, that might be all I ever needed.

But Cubase 9.5 fills my every need and foes it seamlessly. I recommend it. For years I was trying to get my friend to buy Cubase, particularly after his Sonar fiasco. Finally, I put my money where my mouth was and I bought him his copy. Hes very excited about it.

Tip for consumers: If you have any problems with downloading software or configuring it, please call the techs at Sweetwater. They are more than happy to steer you through and trouble you might incur.

noti11
2/9/18

What a horrible experience and an odd business practice. I placed an order on their website and everything seemed to be okay. Apparently, they tried to call me during work hours to make sure that it was actually me. Who does that? Why would i give them my credit card info, my home address and then still have to call me!? When I called them to ask what was the problem, they told me that they couldn't reach me and i asked them to call me from the phone that I called and nothing. When i called after a few minutes, the representative told me that he "tried to call me many many times" and that they couldn't reach me again. I called them back within 2 minutes and he said that they were getting a non-responsive phone number. I have the same number for 20 years and never had problems with this phone. Very odd.

craigl54
2/8/18

If looking for a Mac, ignore the 24 months no intrest financing advertisement right next to the computers. After the purchase I was informed that it was not 0%. Then if you want to return they will charge you a 10% restocking fee, for me thats $200! Buy from anywhere else!

davida425
2/5/18

As a small Christian University the funds for equipment are often limited. When we do spend, we have found the folks at Sweetwater to be willing to work with us to ensure we get the best bang for our buck. They are always our first look when we start the process to identify much needed equipment. We can always depend on quality equipment, backed by superior technical support and prompt service. The connection between the Calvary University and Sweetwater was has been in place for some time, and we look forward to continuing our partnership for a long time.

steves435
2/3/18

These guys are the real deal! You will not be disappointed! Their customer service is the best in the business! Theyre so nice at Sweetwater.

brianp149
2/2/18

Great company, friendly service, fast delivery! Prices are unbeatable and shipping is free! Highly recommend

gs117
1/30/18

Sweetwater is my go-to for all things musical. Their vast inventory, incredible prices and the sales staff's knowledge of everything in their catalog, or online, is only surpassed by their amazing customer service (I'm looking at you, Patrick Schaefer)! If you're not shopping Sweetwater for your music needs, you're not getting the product, prices and service you deserve. Period.

nathanp40
1/27/18

Best selection and the best prices. Best warranties and the site is very easy to navigate. With the experiences Ive had at Sweetwater I dont think I could find a better site to buy from. These people are the best at taking care of their customers. They follow up on you to make sure youre happy. AND I AM! Thanks again.

maryjanerobim
1/24/18

Recent purchase of TC Helicon Voice Live 3 Extreme. I rate it as the best vocal processor period. Well built for the stage and road. Quality components thru-out. It takes our vocals up to current studio standards. This is a live performance processor.
As far as the effects go, the Pinkfloyd preset has gilmours tone recreated with the Floyd vocals. The Barrywhite and numerous other presets with modern country rock is phenomenal. The staff at Sweetwater has the best customer service in the industry. Expert advice and prepared to answer your questions. No wonder why TC Helicon has them as a number one dealer. You get free lifetime tech. support from Sweetwater on any of their purchases.
Recently solved a problem with multiple instrument inputs and drums with external mixer. The technical staff was expedient for a remedy, and my circuit loading was solved.
I only came across a few companies that have outstanding tech support without a crazy wait time and unneccesary voicemail menu system; that would be Hitachi-Densi,Yamaha Instruments,and now Sweetwater added to the list. Well done fellows. You can't go wrong with this company.
Multi-instrument,Singer Songwriter,VJ Performers, EDM,Blu X,Progressive Rock House,Country Rock. Thanks a million your friend.
MARYJANEROBI

dustinj9
1/24/18

I've read some less than stellar reviews on Sweetwater in a couple places, and I'm sure there are some representatives there that are..well.. Incompetent. But that is to be expected with *any* company. If you go the next step up however, trust me they will take care of you. I just wanted to chime in and say I've been doing business with Sweetwater since 2009 and the very few issues I did run into were fixed immediately and it was as hassle free as possible. Sweetwater is one of the only big retailers that I actually feel safe with ordering from, especially if it's a large amount of money you're spending. Every time I make the decision of buying elsewhere, just to save a couple bucks or because I'm impatient due to something being out of stock, it always ends up being a huge headache and in the end I say "...Should have just gone with Sweetwater. Whoops". Another big plus besides their customer service and consistency is that if you're buying an instrument, you get to see the ACTUAL instrument, not a stock image, you get the actual serial number, and you get to pick which particular one you want. That is huge, and more businesses seriously need to start doing that if they want to ever hope to compete. Should I need a return, the process has always been painless and nothing has ever come out of my pocket for it. Last but not least, I want to give kudos to my sales rep, Kyle Malone for always being straight up with me, helpful and never trying to upsale me like some clown at ...another major retailer we all know would.

Tip for consumers: If you happen run into a problem, escalate. They WILL take care of you if there is an issue. The one or two times out of 9 years that I had to escalate, I only had to go higher once and it was resolved.

armondh
1/24/18

I recently purchased a guitar on-line from Sweetwater Music. My first ever on-line guitar purchase. After, I received the guitar, aesthetically I did not like the guitar as I'm super picky. Therefore, I contacted Sweetwater and spoke with the sales engineer assigned to me who assisted me in selecting another guitar of the same kind form their vast collection. He also connected me to the customer service department and we made the arrangement for return and an exchange.

Subsequently, I saw another guitar listed in their gallery, and I decided to choose that one instead. I called back and my sales engineer as well as the customer service representative both had already left for the day. Therefore another sales engineer assisted me and kindly secured the guitar of my choice, and sent an internal memo to the customer service representative requesting the change.

All of the aforementioned activity after the initial receipt of my purchased guitar and returning it, took place in less than a 24 hour period including the shipment of the replacement guitar which I received the next day!

As a result of this experience with Sweetwater Music, I know for a fact that they provide more than an excellent service to their customers, and the company with it's dedicated employees really stand behind the fine products that they sell!

Thank you to everyone at Sweetwater Music!

williamm371
1/24/18

Had great experience with Sweetwater Sound. Recently bought a Roland JC-40 guitar amp and it is great. Am using it with a Fender Lap Steel guitar but this amp would also do great with pedal steel guitar.

Tip for consumers: If you are a steel guitar player don't overlook the Roland JC-40 !!

scottn65
1/23/18

Reliability, availability, communication, speed and options of delivery--those are some of the main reasons exclusively choose Sweetwater, but I will say that the personal touch that Ted has given me over the years is absolutely priceless. It wins over discount sales at other sites every time. Recently I had an awful experience with Guitar Center trying to purchase a Laney product that you did not carry. I reached out to Ted on facebook with questions about a similar product made by ISP. (This has happened plenty of times before) He took the time to really look into my questions and answer them in a way that resulted in a $599 purchase...which led to another ISP product purchase a short time after--the ISP stealth amp and absolutely loved it...but the power cable/AC adapter turned out to be defective. A short message to him at 7am on his birthday and he responded right away with what to do. I made a phone call, and the next day had a replacement and a UPS sticker to return the defect. I realize this is a long email, but this is EXACTLY why I choose Sweetwater every time. I have been a customer for some years and I have yet to have a bad experience with Sweetwater and don't expect that I ever will. I am loyal to Sweetwater as long as you carry the gear I am looking for. I sincerely hope they never change the way you do business because it is SO rare and starkly contrasts with everyone else on every level.

jeremyh84
1/22/18

I buy all of my new gear here.. have never been disappointed!!! Service is 2nd to none.. shipping is fast... they roll the carpet out for you, even if you're only making a $15 purchase.. I'm a customer for life!

georgep138
1/21/18

The customer service at Sweet Water is second to none! My rep Ryan Murray is fantastic and he makes it very easy to be a loyal customer. Shipping is always fast and simple. I also love that when calling Sweet Water I can instantly be connected to my rep.

makaryk
1/18/18

I have ordered an upgrade for Reason 10. I paid via PayPal and received the code in one minute. Can't be better!

kens155
1/10/18

I can't say enough about this place. I stumbled upon Sweetwater when doing a google search for a new piano keyboard, a Casio PX-160. Not only did they have the best price and free shipping, they added expedited shipping at no cost so that I could receive delivery on a day that I wasn't working. Then because the delivery scheduling wasn't met due to an error by FedEx, they gave me a $100 credit, without even asking! Days later, I ordered software from them that I wanted the next day. Because the sales person noted the previous problem (again, by no fault of Sweetwater), he gave me a discount on the next-day delivery charge. He explained that Sweetwater is working hard to insure customer satisfaction and to grow their customer base. They have a life-long customer in me!

lidor
1/10/18

Been working with Sweetwater for 3yrs, now. Today, I have my Customized - Home Recording & Mixing Studio. I never imagined how good it could/does sound! At Sweetwater, you get professional (sales Engineers) who know their stuff.

richards395
1/9/18

Well made, strong, and unobtrusive. I've had both the 1st and 2nd generation models, and this one is a great upgrade.

charlesl123
1/5/18

Thoroughly satisfied with prompt shipping (most of website inventory always in stock), competitive pricing / great deals, most of all with the knowledgeable as well as completely-capable-and-eager-to-help staff in the entire organization.

kathiem6
1/3/18

I have had great experiences with Sweetwater across the board. Rob is always helpful if I have questions. He treats every purchase, small or large, with absolute professionalism. Thanks Sweetwater!

karlof
12/30/17

I always return to Sweewater when need audio gear delivered easy and quickly. Special thanks to Aaron Hoff, who makes all my purchases go smoothly. I really appreciate care for customers and please keep up the good work. Thank you.

Happy Holidays

williami43
12/30/17

Customer service and communication was on point, item was at the door within 3 days what more can you ask for :) not to mention they even shipped candy with the item :)

Thanks

Questions? Get answers from the Sweetwater staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Sweetwater