SportChek.ca

Better Business Bureau
0 / 5
Reviews.io
1.6 / 5

SportChek.ca has a consumer rating of 1.37 stars from 38 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about SportChek.ca most frequently mention customer service problems. SportChek.ca ranks 60th among Sports Other sites.

No positive highlights yet

• They deliver goods on time neither its customer service provides you any useful information about your order.
How would you rate SportChek.ca?

“Great instore and online experiences”

Jay F.
6/9/19

Waterloo store is well stocked and staff were helpful but not intrusive. Some well priced sale items too. But since this is sitejabber, a subsequent sportchek.ca online order was perfect - an easy to use website with some great prices and clearance items, accurate fulfillment and very speedy shipping. I've read some dissatisfied online customers and I don't doubt their reviews but on my first try, I'm100% satisfied with sportchek.ca and will use it again without hesitation.

“Online running shoes purchase”

Howard G.
8/19/20

Mid-August 2020, I brought a pair running shoes online. It arrived within a week, relatively fast shipping! However, the interiors of both shoes have lots of animal white hairs, and the bottom of the shoes show black marks. They looked like floor model or have been worn by a cat or dog owner. In the middle of CV-19, I'm not to happy with this purchase. And I'm not comfortable to return them neither.

customer service (7)
terryb915
July 13th, 2021

I ordered a pair of golf shoes online and 2 days later received an email saying my package was delivered only it wasn't! I have a porch-cam and can prove that no one was there an hour before or after the time they said it was delivered. Also, they don't use a reputable delivery service so for all I know they didn't even bother to ship it out. Just a big scam - do NOT use their online services. I'm now out $120 and don't have any shoes for a tournament this weekend. I hate you sportchek.

alyssal84
May 7th, 2020

If there was an option for 0 stars I would click it. I am disgusted with how horrible customer service is. I am trying to ask a simple question but no one will answer the phone. It tells me to write an inquiry so I do so and they say it can't be processed and to pretty much figure it out on my own. Just wondering if there are any employees that even work for sport chek. Sad how much money they are probably losing. Im trying to buy something that is $200 but they aren't getting a dollar from me now. Disgusted.

cornelium1
August 24th, 2021

Online order status is "Package Status: Shipped". After 2 weeks the UPS tracking status is "Label Created".
Sent an e-mail to customer service, they do not answer. I use to buy online from different vendors but none have this predatory behaviour. I'll never buy from this company again, online or in store.

daniels1523
June 3rd, 2020

Is this how you ship peoples purchases? Completely unsatisfactory! My new shoes are scuffed. Not happy at all! I will definitely be spreading the word about this!
Never again!

danielk883
February 22nd, 2021

Take some over a month to return your money even after you have return the stuff in due time there's stuff is substandard do not purchase from sport check their division of Canadian tire thieves! Never buy from sport chek! Their customer service agents are rude and demeaning! They don't want to help I guess that's what they are trained to do. 0 stars for sales 0 stars for service and 0 for product quality!

Don't buy their stuff.

Helly Hansen jacket

howardg260
August 19th, 2020

alexs1122
May 26th, 2020

I ordered a bike, and payed for it. I have been waiting week. After that I received letter about my order cancelled. One more week I waited my money back. No excuses, nothing from sportchek. It is really good business collect money, and use it 2-3 weeks for free, congratulations sportchek. People don't buy anything here especially on sale. Will loose your time and money.

mistyb137
December 19th, 2020

When I asked if they had any mens sweat pants I was only shown(a very small) selection of Nike, Adidas, and Puma. I purchased a pair for 60.00. Later returned looking for Burton t-shirts & again I had asked for direction and she showed me them, that's when I saw MANY other sweat pants that were less expensive. Last week my sister was shopping there and when asked for help she too was only shown the most expensive option. I finde this very deceiving. After many years of shopping there I will no longer be a customer. I will shop online instead.

jayf99
June 9th, 2019

shawnh275
June 15th, 2020

I have ordered 4 pairs of shoes totaling over $500 over a month ago. The tracking information says the package has reached Canada Post and is ready to go. I have bought the same amount of items at footlocker during the same time and received my goods within 7 business days. I will never shop at this store again. I will also tell all my family and friends not to spend a cent here. In this day and age they have no live agent to assist and no lice chat. Friggin Bush league. They don't deserve my dollars

sophies142
May 13th, 2021

Absolutely disgusted how they dealt with this. They said better luck next time basically. Check back later after cancelling my order because someone bought the shoes in store when I had already ordered them and they didn't set enough aside. Very poor organization. Never has this happened at any other store.

kati7
October 16th, 2020

If you never want to get your stuff. Order away. They use a terrible delivery service. Never again. Goodbye

andyw191
May 14th, 2020

They deserve MINUS 5 stars!
Bought a bike & being waiting for almost a month, their courier UPS finally called me and asked me to pick it up myself at their warehouse (they supposed to deliver to my house)... Received a damaged / twisted front rim...

leef427
June 25th, 2021

Warning, it is not Amazon, China, or US online shopping you have to worry about. Being ripped off is happening right here at home. I thought I was being safe shopping Canadian, little did I know that Sportcheck would put me through 2 months of return hell and leave me out $73! Good thing I didn't order more items. The problem, the return address does not acknowledge Canada Post returns, no one answers the phone, and you end up being out the cost of the product, return postage, and 8 weeks of hassle. I will boycott Sport Check from this day forward! Shame on you! I only put one star to post this review. Sportcheck such a disappointment!

Don’t online order from Sportcheck

Shorts

yekaterinaz
May 20th, 2020

I purchased bike trough sports check website. When I got my bike, I got on it once and the rear shifter medal thing snapped in half instantly, very disappointed, and it's not a cheap bike. I'm trying to contact costumes services online, no answer. I hope I can get my refund or exchange...

chulthimg
May 19th, 2020

I won't recommend anyone making online shopping on SportChek because it will leave you in a helpless and desperate situation. They deliver goods on time neither its customer service provides you any useful information about your order. They take a chance of COVID-19 for delaying their order delivery.

shureno
December 1st, 2018

I bought a few Euro league Jerseys from them last Christmas as presents for my younger brother. To make a long story short he loved them more than the Nintendo Switch lol.

I like coming in here even if I have no intention whatsoever of purchasing anything I usually come out with stuff anyway because they always carry something new that catches my eye every now & than. Good quality stuff & a vast selection of it too. The staff at these stores are ready & able to help you out with any Q&A's u might have about any particular item your unsure of & they're very polite & friendly.

The prices on most of their gear is "fair", but it can get fairly pricey depending on what your looking for. Either way you can catch good deals every now & than, just make sure to visit anytime there's a major holiday or seasonal change since they swap out their inventory 4 time's if not more in a year.

Tip for consumers:
It's a good idea to go in & buy when they swap their inventory. You can get deals like 75% off.

Coats/Hoodies/Beanie's/Shirts/Pants Etc

pattih8
April 15th, 2016

They have great quality. What you see is what you get. Their prices, especially the flash sales are awesome! Suggest sign up for emails get an additional 10% off. Also received free shipping and receive within couple days... very fast.
Only one small criticism, that is the account registration process is tedious, long and doesn't always save.
But otherwise one of the best, most service oriented sites I have dealt with.

vincec174
January 29th, 2021

Spoke with a gentlemen today to help process an online order which wasn't accepting a Visa gift card. He suggested that I go to another retailer to purchase these running shoes. If it doesn't work on the website, there isn't anything he can do. Can't order over the phone, can't call the store... just go to a competitor... so I am.

Products used:
went to a competitor to buy the same running shoes

tm523
December 9th, 2020

I ordered a pair of winter boots on the 28 November 2020. Confirmation order stated I would have them 2 December. Didn't arrive. Then stated December 3, 4, 5th. Didn't get them. Package went off the radar on 6 December. Now Canada post indicated they have not received them from shipper. If you have to shop at SportChek then do it in store when you have the merchandise in your hands. Called Customer Service who will "'Look into it"". No results or reply. The package was supposed to have been sent Expedited post. What a joke. Just looking forward to the hassle of getting my money back and listening to their lame excuses like blaming Covid 19 and Canada Post.

trisb
May 7th, 2020

Ordered a lot of shoes and shirt with the same size for myself and spent a ton of money from sportchek and never had a problem, my latest purchase of adidas shirt and shoes was way too big despite following sportchek size recommendation, after trying to call for over a week customer service sent me a unprintable RMA I am now APALLED to know that exchanges are not allowed and I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING! SPORTCHEK SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT WITH UNDER ARMOR WHO'S OFFERING 40% DISCOUNT FOR RESPONDERS AND FREE, I REPEAT FREE NO HASSLE RETURN. I will let everybody I know about this!

joef573
August 20th, 2020

I often order from Sport Chek online. While the pricing and selection is generally ok the shipping on orders is extremely poor. Sport Chek insists on using Purolator in my area who will not deliver to me even though they come within 3 kms of my home. I have complained repeatedly to Purolator and Sport Chek but to no avail. Sport Chek tells me they cannot specify or exclude a shipper on my account. This seems odd since they seem to be able to save my address and rewards card number without issue. You would think adding a note like "DO NOT USE PUROLATOR" to the account would be simple - very disappointed in Sport Chek.

ahmeda587
January 19th, 2021

I bought a Boston Celtics face cap in error online pick up yorkdale mall and I called them to cancel my order and refund me back up till now hv not gotten any refund back since Jan 6 my order number is 855934703 my email is *******@gmail.com

Tip for consumers:
Immediately refunded dont hv to wait for months to be refunded back if order was purchased in error

Boston Celtics face cap

agnesj22
January 27th, 2021

Don't waste your time and don't order anything from online store! They took my money and didn't deliver the product I ordered! Now I have to fight with them to get the product or my money! The worst customer service!

jj463
May 28th, 2020

Honestly I thought the ocs was bad with delivery taking 3 weeks to deliver something when the first opened. But 3 weeks to ship a hat is insane
My gf also order a sports bra that took 6 weeks to arrive. An absolute joke I'd you ask me

Questions? Get answers from the SportChek.ca staff and other customers.

Sport Chek is Canada's largest retailer of sports equipment, sporting goods, sports apparel, shoes and more. Shop SportChek.ca for the best gear and great sales.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SportChek.ca?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.4
Have a question about SportChek.ca?