SportChek.ca

SportChek.ca has a consumer rating of 2.33 stars from 9 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SportChek.ca also ranks 59th among Sports Other sites. The most common issues with SportChek.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate SportChek.ca?

“Great instore and online experiences”

Jay F.
6/9/19

Waterloo store is well stocked and staff were helpful but not intrusive. Some well priced sale items too. But since this is sitejabber, a subsequent sportchek.ca online order was perfect - an easy to use website with some great prices and clearance items, accurate fulfillment and very speedy shipping. I've read some dissatisfied online customers and I don't doubt their reviews but on my first try, I'm100% satisfied with sportchek.ca and will use it again without hesitation.

“Terrible Return Policy for Online Shopping”

stan s.
1/19/20

I bought some items online that were satisfaction guaranteed by SAXX. They were sent to me with security items attached so I couldn't even wear them. I went to the store to return them and they told me that they couldn't accept returns on items that may have been "previously worn" which they weren't with the security tags in place. They gave me another number at SAXX to contact. This should be clearly stated online before clicking the "purchase" button. I also dealt with SAXX directly for other items and found their prices to be better and a no questions asked policy... 100% satisfaction promised and delivered. My suggestion is the store should stand behind the products they sell and they should have taken and returned the items themselves rather than given me the runaround. Also, the delivery from Sportchek took much longer than dealing with SAXX. I found the in-store service at Sportchek to be great; it's not their fault that the return policy sucks. I will avoid purchasing products as much as possible through Sportchek but I know that I cannot completely avoid them. I highly recommend that people try dealing directly with manufacturers where possible. Thanks!

stans128
January 19th, 2020

jayf99
June 9th, 2019

fabiov15
December 9th, 2019
Purchased on line a Garmin forerunner 735xt 1 month ago ($519.99+tax). After 1 week the package arrived. The seal was opened and the watch was defective. I went to the store, they took back the defective item and they ordered on line for me another Garmin 735 xt. I waited another week for the delivery. The package finally arrived with Ups. I signed and I opened it. The Garmin watch box had, again, an opened seal but this time I found inside all the accessories except the watch! I couldn't believe it. I called right away the customer service (40 minutes call) and they asked me first to send back the watch meanwhile they would start an investigation about this issue. We agreed at the phone to bring the item back at the store at Devonshire mall (Windsor). I went at the store (again!). I spoke with a store manager and she called the customer service in front of me to ask details about the case. They told me that I couldn't give the box back at the the store. They told me to wait a call from the customer service at the end of the investigation in max 3 business day. I received finally a call from the case manager saying that he would take care of it and he would handle all the procedure. He would provide to give me a refund. He sent me a 20% discount for a next order on line to compensate the experienced issues. He asked me kindly to wait few days because they were busy for Black Friday. I waited again 4 days and I called back more than twice asking updates about the case. After 1 week from the first email I received another one from the same case manager saying that the investigation was still in process and he was still waiting for a confirmation to give me my money back.
So far no updates and I'm still waiting for my money back from over 2 weeks.
So far I paid almost $600 for an empty box!
Ridiculous service. Guys, don't buy any electronics item on line from them if you don't want to go through this hell !
shureno
December 1st, 2018
I bought a few Euro league Jerseys from them last Christmas as presents for my younger brother. To make a long story short he loved them more than the Nintendo Switch lol.

I like coming in here even if I have no intention whatsoever of purchasing anything I usually come out with stuff anyway because they always carry something new that catches my eye every now & than. Good quality stuff & a vast selection of it too. The staff at these stores are ready & able to help you out with any Q&A's u might have about any particular item your unsure of & they're very polite & friendly.

The prices on most of their gear is "fair", but it can get fairly pricey depending on what your looking for. Either way you can catch good deals every now & than, just make sure to visit anytime there's a major holiday or seasonal change since they swap out their inventory 4 time's if not more in a year.

Tip for consumers: It's a good idea to go in & buy when they swap their inventory. You can get deals like 75% off.

ceciliah30
October 24th, 2019
I have ordered 2 different times online and both times, Sport chek cannot even locate the items properly .
After this last experience with them I will not be ordering anymore and they have lost a customer . Terrible service , would not recommend to anyone
pattih8
April 15th, 2016
They have great quality. What you see is what you get. Their prices, especially the flash sales are awesome! Suggest sign up for emails get an additional 10% off. Also received free shipping and receive within couple days.....very fast.
Only one small criticism, that is the account registration process is tedious, long and doesn't always save.
But otherwise one of the best, most service oriented sites I have dealt with.
sn88
October 20th, 2019
My item ordered at Sport chek never arrived. I've been waiting for over 2 month ( one was list and second one again missing) The staff at the store just keep saying "wait for a call" but I've never received a call from them while I've been there 3 times and called 2ice.
Terrible experience
michaelj597
July 22nd, 2019
I ordered 2 pairs of sneakers that were on clearance and they arrived just thrown in a shipping box without the original box the sneaker came in. One pair didn't have the correct laces as shown on the website and were different sizes. Their own customer service rep even said they never should have been shipped in that condition. Beware of this company.
kathym140
March 2nd, 2017
Went into seaway mall, Ontario, Canada, sport check, let me tell you that customer service is terrible,

Husband tried to buy shoes and we waited fifteen minutes no one came over to help so we left, store was hardly busy and some guy who worked there was busy twirling boxes with balls in them lol

Unreal.

Questions? Get answers from the SportChek.ca staff and other customers.

Sport Chek is Canada's largest retailer of sports equipment, sporting goods, sports apparel, shoes and more. Shop SportChek.ca for the best gear and great sales.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SportChek.ca?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.3
Have a question about SportChek.ca?