Review of SoundCloud

Tel: +1 818 558 1400
2017 Customer choice award

neilm101
5/17/18

They used to be great, now they are the worst.

You used to be able to build a community, now they all leave due to the ads, if you create music use Bandcamp or Spotify, you might even make some money.

The fact they seem loose people's accounts and then have absolutely no customer service is dire and I'm now in a place where all my hours of work are wasted and can get no response from them.

Stay away, a failed enterprise.

rashekab
5/16/18

I used to like soundcloud but the fact that they added ADS is so ridiculous. It was free so all these years then all of a sudden we just HAD to get ads. I'm not paying to listen to remixes and remakes to songs Im just fricken not lol you already have the up to date songs on a 30 second time limit soooo I have to pay to listen to full songs AND not have ads? get out of here. I will pay for something better like Spotify. Seriously.

sivak3
1/22/18

soundcloud nice streaming for playing songs in all languages and music

mariag230
12/12/17

I guess its a good app for those who make music so you have more chances to be niticed. but for someone wh uses it just to listen music this app is an pain in the ****. Deleted it/

tanganyikar
11/20/17

Fraudulent do not recommend God get those devil's at sound cloud devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil mother$#*!ing $#*!es

antoniaw6
10/7/17

Teh soundcloud app accompanies me wherever I go, also in car via the bluetooth function. The only problem is that the app crashes from time to time on any device, I dont know why and would be great if that thing was fixed!

abcd18
10/3/17

This bull$#*! app caused a virus to freeze my phone a week ago and im still in the process of fixing it. screw this. im going back to pandora and spotify.

guyw21
9/18/17

The site itself is great, and I love discovering new artists on it, but the problem is with the app. It's slow, laggy, and force-stops most of the time. I uninstalled it, because of this problem, and the mobile site is no better.

brandonm98
8/29/17

The best way to get your music heard (especially for free). Or at least a great starting point. Other sites like "reverbnation" or "bandcamp" just don't seem to have the volume that SC does. Although those sites have their own specialties, SC is at the top of the music streaming game. I prefer it over those and spotify because it is the easiest way to find other underground artists and form relationships that both parties can benefit from.

jorgens2
8/25/17

Crapy app and the only want the leftwing opinion.
Bbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

davew133
8/18/17

This is the best program was advice by my friend. I spent a whole night listening EDM and 2 hours progressive music. I really like the assortment of music. I have created my new playlist that adds my favorite kinds of music. A source of a new club music for me.

johnz77
8/10/17

So say you decide to pay for a year of soundcloud, it's a good deal and it's all up front which means no hassle for both parties. One day, you wake up to discover your
account was terminate without notice, and it's only been 4 months!

Naturally, you check your gmail only to discover a message detailing some sort of vague interpretation of the terms of service agreement. Usually something to the effect of something that you said could be considered obscene and therefore your account is "otherwise objectionable in SoundClouds reasonable discretion;"

So now you're left wondering, well do I at least get my money back? They already deleted all my stuff, and my followers are gone, are they at least going to pay for the other 8 months I paid for? The answer is a big fat NO! Because they have a clause that says:

"If you have a Subscription and your account is suspended or terminated by SoundCloud pursuant to (i) or (ii) above, you will not be entitled to any refund for any unexpired period of your subscription"

What is section ii? Well:

"(ii) you are in breach of any of the material provision of these Terms of Use or our Community Guidelines, including without limitation, the provisions of the following sections: Your Use of the Platform, Your Content, Grant of Licence , and Your Representations and Warranties;"

Pretty broad, I know. But basically your money is in the pockets of soundcloud now. If you're just some music guy, who just posts ambient beats, then maybe you can use soundcloud. But if you plan to have any vocals or are doing a podcast, make sure to pay month to month because these people will pocket everything you give them should they dislike a word or 2 you said.

hakunam1
7/31/17

this app is the worst app out there. Its worse than the sound of lambs being slaughtered. I am disgusted by the fact they do not give refunds to the poor helpless people who just wanted the 3 months for £1. because there are no refunds and i wasnt able to cancel my subscription in time it has taken the money out my account which i dont even think I have so I will now go into overdraft and then have to pay a fine and also because of this i am not going to be able to eat tonight or for the next few days becuase i now have no money. So congratulations soundcloud you bunch of gadgy arseholes with ur fingers so high up ur own ares you couldny give two $#*!es about how the other half may live. I hope you spend my £10 on something nice to decorate coffin with as maybe u wont make it throught the night with the rage that i am in. Good day. P.s ur da sells avon x

yarelih
6/1/17

A source of new club music for me. Subscribed to some channels which issue new podcasts and some interesting standalone tracks - all good and fun!

amandas217
5/27/17

This wonderful program was advised by my friend.
I had before not bad program for downloading music, but when I started using the Sound Cloud, I deleted it. I really like the assortment of music, that it is divided into categories. In my playlist is playing now - Housing Corp - Trump Guest Mix

keenanr4
4/27/17

A nice service containing music of all kinds and genres. The only thing thats strange for me - why does it still lack music caching.

joshuae22
4/18/17

Soundcloud not only lets you post only 4 hours worth of music, but it wiped ALL, and i am not joking, but all my music and if you go pro it only gives you 6 hours.why cant it just be unlimited do you can get your music out there? All i want to do is make music and make something good. I spent a whole nights giving credit to my mixes, that are 2 hours long to all the artists and to find it all gone, and my album. I say $#*! SOUNDCLOUD. Stay Away!!!!

makail8
4/5/17

A very good service! Its the opportunity to take your favorite music with you whenever you are! The only thing you need for that is the rather stable internet conection. I recommend!

royr52
3/19/17

Sticking to this service since the first time I was introduced to it - loads of great music available for free. It does not have all the genres, but for instance my favourite Techno is always there with various performers and types of style. Great!

samanthao10
2/11/17

I was told I would be charged on the 12th and they charged me before that so I couldn't cancel for my LAST UNWANTED SUBSCRIPTION that if I canceled I would have had to pay for no benifits. Customer service us nonexistent. No phone number. Full mailbox. No email. And a nice "customer service button" on their Web page that brings you to their home page.

ethanc24
2/10/17

One of the top music apps out there. You take your favourite music with you whenever you go... If you dont want to search yourself - just find a few people with same taste and follow the reposts :)

dnemaha
2/10/17

It would be better if we have the possibility to upload about 8 hours of music as a free user, in spite of the fact that I am grateful to SoundCloud for what they do for us, and I think many people don't have the necessary resources to pay for a pro account. but it's a good app.

arong11
2/7/17

SoundCloud GO is right up there with the best music apps.

There a few minor improvements; better layout for albums and playlists and scroll wheels.

With these minor improvements it would easily be in the top 3 music apps!

garlenh
1/21/17

Huge collection of music. I've already been their client for more than a year. It's an awesome service to take your favorite music with you wherever you go.
The things which I dislike is that the collections are somewhat messy as it allows for too much junk posted by random disc jockeys and needs to be properly indexed. Everything on SoundCloud is only @128kbps.

haroldh42
1/12/17

A great service to take your favorite music with you wherever you go. Been their "client" for 2 years already and I think will never stop. I recommend!

7 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the SoundCloud staff and other customers.

SoundCloud?