Review of SoundCloud

Tel: +1 818 558 1400
2017 Customer choice award

mariag230
12/12/17

I guess its a good app for those who make music so you have more chances to be niticed. but for someone wh uses it just to listen music this app is an pain in the ****. Deleted it/

tanganyikar
11/20/17

Fraudulent do not recommend God get those devil's at sound cloud devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil mother$#*!ing $#*!es

antoniaw6
10/7/17

Teh soundcloud app accompanies me wherever I go, also in car via the bluetooth function. The only problem is that the app crashes from time to time on any device, I dont know why and would be great if that thing was fixed!

abcd18
10/3/17

This bull$#*! app caused a virus to freeze my phone a week ago and im still in the process of fixing it. screw this. im going back to pandora and spotify.

guyw21
9/18/17

The site itself is great, and I love discovering new artists on it, but the problem is with the app. It's slow, laggy, and force-stops most of the time. I uninstalled it, because of this problem, and the mobile site is no better.

brandonm98
8/29/17

The best way to get your music heard (especially for free). Or at least a great starting point. Other sites like "reverbnation" or "bandcamp" just don't seem to have the volume that SC does. Although those sites have their own specialties, SC is at the top of the music streaming game. I prefer it over those and spotify because it is the easiest way to find other underground artists and form relationships that both parties can benefit from.

jorgens2
8/25/17

Crapy app and the only want the leftwing opinion.
Bbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

davew133
8/18/17

This is the best program was advice by my friend. I spent a whole night listening EDM and 2 hours progressive music. I really like the assortment of music. I have created my new playlist that adds my favorite kinds of music. A source of a new club music for me.

johnz77
8/10/17

So say you decide to pay for a year of soundcloud, it's a good deal and it's all up front which means no hassle for both parties. One day, you wake up to discover your
account was terminate without notice, and it's only been 4 months!

Naturally, you check your gmail only to discover a message detailing some sort of vague interpretation of the terms of service agreement. Usually something to the effect of something that you said could be considered obscene and therefore your account is "otherwise objectionable in SoundClouds reasonable discretion;"

So now you're left wondering, well do I at least get my money back? They already deleted all my stuff, and my followers are gone, are they at least going to pay for the other 8 months I paid for? The answer is a big fat NO! Because they have a clause that says:

"If you have a Subscription and your account is suspended or terminated by SoundCloud pursuant to (i) or (ii) above, you will not be entitled to any refund for any unexpired period of your subscription"

What is section ii? Well:

"(ii) you are in breach of any of the material provision of these Terms of Use or our Community Guidelines, including without limitation, the provisions of the following sections: Your Use of the Platform, Your Content, Grant of Licence , and Your Representations and Warranties;"

Pretty broad, I know. But basically your money is in the pockets of soundcloud now. If you're just some music guy, who just posts ambient beats, then maybe you can use soundcloud. But if you plan to have any vocals or are doing a podcast, make sure to pay month to month because these people will pocket everything you give them should they dislike a word or 2 you said.

hakunam1
7/31/17

this app is the worst app out there. Its worse than the sound of lambs being slaughtered. I am disgusted by the fact they do not give refunds to the poor helpless people who just wanted the 3 months for £1. because there are no refunds and i wasnt able to cancel my subscription in time it has taken the money out my account which i dont even think I have so I will now go into overdraft and then have to pay a fine and also because of this i am not going to be able to eat tonight or for the next few days becuase i now have no money. So congratulations soundcloud you bunch of gadgy arseholes with ur fingers so high up ur own ares you couldny give two $#*!es about how the other half may live. I hope you spend my £10 on something nice to decorate coffin with as maybe u wont make it throught the night with the rage that i am in. Good day. P.s ur da sells avon x

yarelih
6/1/17

A source of new club music for me. Subscribed to some channels which issue new podcasts and some interesting standalone tracks - all good and fun!

amandas217
5/27/17

This wonderful program was advised by my friend.
I had before not bad program for downloading music, but when I started using the Sound Cloud, I deleted it. I really like the assortment of music, that it is divided into categories. In my playlist is playing now - Housing Corp - Trump Guest Mix

keenanr4
4/27/17

A nice service containing music of all kinds and genres. The only thing thats strange for me - why does it still lack music caching.

joshuae22
4/18/17

Soundcloud not only lets you post only 4 hours worth of music, but it wiped ALL, and i am not joking, but all my music and if you go pro it only gives you 6 hours.why cant it just be unlimited do you can get your music out there? All i want to do is make music and make something good. I spent a whole nights giving credit to my mixes, that are 2 hours long to all the artists and to find it all gone, and my album. I say $#*! SOUNDCLOUD. Stay Away!!!!

makail8
4/5/17

A very good service! Its the opportunity to take your favorite music with you whenever you are! The only thing you need for that is the rather stable internet conection. I recommend!

royr52
3/19/17

Sticking to this service since the first time I was introduced to it - loads of great music available for free. It does not have all the genres, but for instance my favourite Techno is always there with various performers and types of style. Great!

samanthao10
2/11/17

I was told I would be charged on the 12th and they charged me before that so I couldn't cancel for my LAST UNWANTED SUBSCRIPTION that if I canceled I would have had to pay for no benifits. Customer service us nonexistent. No phone number. Full mailbox. No email. And a nice "customer service button" on their Web page that brings you to their home page.

ethanc24
2/10/17

One of the top music apps out there. You take your favourite music with you whenever you go... If you dont want to search yourself - just find a few people with same taste and follow the reposts :)

dnemaha
2/10/17

It would be better if we have the possibility to upload about 8 hours of music as a free user, in spite of the fact that I am grateful to SoundCloud for what they do for us, and I think many people don't have the necessary resources to pay for a pro account. but it's a good app.

arong11
2/7/17

SoundCloud GO is right up there with the best music apps.

There a few minor improvements; better layout for albums and playlists and scroll wheels.

With these minor improvements it would easily be in the top 3 music apps!

garlenh
1/21/17

Huge collection of music. I've already been their client for more than a year. It's an awesome service to take your favorite music with you wherever you go.
The things which I dislike is that the collections are somewhat messy as it allows for too much junk posted by random disc jockeys and needs to be properly indexed. Everything on SoundCloud is only @128kbps.

haroldh42
1/12/17

A great service to take your favorite music with you wherever you go. Been their "client" for 2 years already and I think will never stop. I recommend!

claytonr10
12/20/16

As a musician, I love ways to promote my music. But first, let me tell you a little about myself.
I am a multi instrumentalist & songwriter. I play about 13 different instruments including guitar, bass, drums, keyboards/piano, ukulele, harmonica, cello, mandolin, didgeridoo, zither/harp, saxophone, percussion, sitar, & soon I will start to sing. I learned my first 2 instruments - guitar & keyboard - when I was 14. I have a back catalog of over 1,380+ original songs I made over the past 9 years. I have a degree in audio engineering & I used to work in a music shop. I currently go by the stage name "Everlasting Friday" although I have about 8 other musical side projects of I am the sole member of.
When I found out about soundcloud, I took advantage of it & it's reasonable pricing. Soundcloud allows me to connect my music with the world and that's why they are the first place I upload my songs when they are finished (and registered thru the federal copyright office). Reason why I have it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I've been using them since 2012 & I'm gonna be honest, there are flaws that have yet to be improved. In fact, some have worsened.
The most notable one is the overflow of spam. The minute I post a track onto soundcloud, I get at least 5 fake likes from fake promotion services & 3 fake comments saying "woooohaa Everlasting Friday! So we got your track & think it could do good in a music contest! yada yada yada" They don't always say it like that. They have their little 4 week series where they say it in different ways. For a couple months they'll just comment saying "ubud?" like I'm supposed to understand. Other times they will just word the music contest thing differently for a little while. Concerned the next one will be them asking me to sniff their farts for followers. And the fact that is all happens in the first 3 minutes after posting a track concerns me & makes me think I'm being stalked. If I'm being stalked on Soundcloud then that kinda makes me wanna not use it anymore.
The other issues are minor & are not worth a mention. But I would like to suggest that maybe soundcloud allows for a backdrop option for pages. I don't mean like the cover photo. I mean the entire page, just have a backdrop - like Twitter used to have.
There should also be an built in option to watermark your tracks on there. Too many tracks get stolen nowadays on soundcloud. Maybe a reverse music search option on there can also help detect frauds.
All in all, I enjoy using soundcloud & will strive to make some huge gains to my fanbase 2017. Let's see what the future holds. :)

Tip for consumers: Make sure you put tags in when you post a track! The more tags you have, the better. It will help other people find your music. Also if anyone asks you to join a music contest or "pay $ for X amount of followers" don't do it. It is a scam and there is little joy to it. Fans are supposed to pay for YOU. Also make sure you share your music around. Join music forums (KVR, AudioSex, etc) & share your stuff. You gotta be able to handle criticism cause some people are gonna tell you your music sucks.

jayn176
12/9/16

a place where I find interesting music to spend a day with. Just brilliant :)

joshuat35
11/25/16

As a musician I am grateful to SoundCloud for what they do for us and for me personally. This is great project. I think that all musicians community should support SoundCLoud with their reviews!

5 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the SoundCloud staff and other customers.

SoundCloud?