Review of Snapfish

Tel: 1-800-558-8224

15 reviews with 2 stars

janetc15
6/7/18
• Updated review

Previously, I was only not recommending Snapfish for backups and also, you cannot delete photos or albums if you choose to. But now it's a total different level. They upload a tracking number that is either fake or never updates. Therefore, you have no idea if your order actually "shipped" or if the products are lost in the mail. You will never find out unless you make the effort to speak to customer support and let them know. This isn't the first time it happened. I knew a few other people who had the same issue.

I contacted customer service (live chat) and they simply told me the tracking didn't update because the carrier didn't do it but the products are still "on its way". But Snapfish themselves couldn't even tell me where the products are. It's blatantly a lie. I was told to wait another 2-3 business days. It's been 15 days.

Now this is not to bash them purely about shipping because the speed isn't their fault. But I previously liked Snapfish for their price range and their quality prints. When I finally got my prints in the mail (after being in limbo), all the images came with a grid-like-waffle effect on them which makes them unusable.

“Cannot Delete Purchases”
5/14/16
• Previous review

The new layout works well with mobile devices, however, it is missing functionality. For example, I cannot see My Photos or Albums UNLESS I'm on the Snapfish homepage. It does not show up on the side menu. Also, is there a legitimate reason why they don't let you delete purchased projects? I kind of not want my photos being permanently saved on the account. If I had known this, I would've never purchased anything from them. I previously ordered my prints through Rite Aid, and from what I SAW or KNEW, they do not force you to save your photographs even after purchasing.

Besides that complaint, I suggest not to trust them with your lifetime of photographs. Back them up. Save them elsewhere. Do multiple back-ups. If they mean a lot to you, don't think Snapfish is going to hold any sentiment. They don't care. They can lose your photographs at any time. Also, my brother ordered a set of photographs and it got lost in the mail. While this was not Snapfish's fault, it's still disappointing and who knows where these photographs are now; being viewed by some stranger?

bertrandh11
8/21/17

For prints up to 5 x 7, you may save money with snapfish, but anything larger has a good chance of being of poor quality with dull color, very cheap paper, and lousy packaging.

chrish274
8/4/17

I've used Snapfish many times over the years for all sorts of photo books, gifts, and prints. I received a photo book yesterday. The pages of the book are very nice, but the cover is awful!! After just taking it out of the box, it was covered with my fingerprints. I was so excited to look at my book, that I just ignored it. After looking through it, I left it on the table. My husband picked it up a little while later and when he put it down it was covered with prints. Again, inside pages are fine, but cover is low quality that shows every little smudge (we are adults with clean hands, not toddlers!) Customer service was polite, but had me take photos of what I was talking about and upload them to a new album on their site. Then they offered me a 40% refund. How is that helping my smudgy book that I'd be embarrassed to display? I have other photo books from them that are fine, years after receiving them. They definitely lowered their quality. Such a shame, as it is a user friendly site and always has special deals going on. Shipping was pretty quick too. But, there are too many competitors to stick with them. Putting a book together is too time consuming to not be confident that it will be good quality.

jaynec15
7/13/16

I've been a customer of Snapfish for many years now and the recent upgrade has made my existing albums almost unviewable as whereas before you could view your photos in an album, spread over different pages, now they are all on one page, so it takes ages to load them up, if they load properly, which mine don't.
Then there is the uploading problem - it takes ages to load more than about 3 photos at any time. I have just about given up trying to upload my recent photos so I could get them all printed off.

ednad7
4/13/16

I loved snapfish, but now may have to find some compatable service, too long to upload, not able to create, all the reviews are so dead on, what happened snapfish. New engineers get busy, snapfish was too good to loose and it will take years to get back what it had the longer you delay

julier55
4/3/16

just tried to get to get to grips with the new snapfish and glad to see I am not alone in being utterly appalled! Doesnt really seem like an upgrade more of a basic site, clumsy and awkward. I know that I would loose any unordered projects and my order history - cynically wondering how many £s were spent in the week leading up to this - but I have now found that all of my album titles from 2014 (a considerable number) have disappeared as well as that every single one of my photos was captioned and dated and all of this has disappeared. Photographs dated and put into a folder ready to make a new book on the new site are completely muddled, I am now thinking I will move elsewhere which is a real disappointment after many years and much telling of friends about the site and all the great photos and gifts I had ordered. If you are new to the site then Im sure you will be delighted but for previous customers (in my opinion) this new site comes up short of expectations.

vickiep6
3/28/16

So there are a lot of disgruntled people out there. Snapfish has taken a huge nosedive in my books. I have used them for years, canvas prints, calendars, mugs, photobooks etc. Just had some photoblocks printed - what a disgrace. They arrived with the edges all peeling, scratches on the front, damaged and mangled corners and damage on the black matt edging, glue spots on the photos. Admittedly Snapfish have agreed to remake them for me - but if this is a sample of their work now, this customer is not impressed.
I too lost a photobook that I had been compiling on the history of my family, hours of research lost. I asked them via online chat if my book was safe and would it be migrated to the new site and was assured more than once that it was fine ... then after the allocated time frame it still wasn't there, so back onto online chat only to be told that mine didn't come over because the design I had used had been discontinued. That wasn't correct, they are still supplying the same size black leather album that I had been colating. So back to the drawing board.
Like some others I would like to use another supplier, but Snapfish seem to offer the best editing tools etc especially for photobooks.

kathleens29
2/26/16

It is very upsetting that my old albums are gone - What a terrible thing to do to loyal customers of many years. The mobile site is so awful - can't look at your albums as a separate item - now you can't edit photos for light and contrast - online rep says that feature is coming soon - I should have stayed with Shutterfly . All my photos are here and can't be transferred. All free 100 print deals are on mobile site only - yet I have to use my laptop to make my projects- and view my photos carefully. The new marketing team should take a look at all the negative reviews - you have caused an uproar of dissatisfied customers! What a shame....

lisad137
12/25/15

I'm greatly disappointed when it comes to recent customer service by Snapfish. This saddens me, because I'm a longtime customer, who greatly appreciated and promoted prior products.

It just seems like new Snapfish website *does not work* and that the Snapfish company has suddenly chosen to sacrifice quality in order to focus on quantity.

I have great memories, and the utmost appreciation for my prior experience with Snapfish.

This recent change for the worst makes me sad.

tanyaa5
12/24/14

I placed order and two weeks latr I received half of it. The prints still haven't arrived and there is nobody to speak to in the customer service department. I wouldn't be as disturbed if I didn't spend an hour trying to find someone to help me track down my photo prints. I am passionate about customer service and this was just not a good experience. There are too many competitors out there for snapfish to be my preference.

sabrinai
11/18/14

i received a free voucher to make a 5x7 book. when you sign up, you get "free 20 photos". so i took the offer. Because of the postage, you are actually paying for the prints. I agree that the photo prints are a bit overexposed. It still does not beat the quality of Loblaws/superstore.
I was excited to see this book. Let's just say for the regular price of $12.99 plus shipping, what i got was a photo brochure. i was so disappointed. i cannot give to anyone and it will sit on my shelf collecting dust.
the software is quite user-friendly. i had no problem with it.
i think i will try costco next time

tomt46
7/30/14

"Beware of Snapfish advertising. I received an email offering 60% off my cart, but when I went to checkout, that was not the correct discount amount. Customer service said the discount was only on the base book and not the additional pages. Obviously the additional pages were in the cart. That was not stated in the e-mail (apparently in some small print somewhere on their website.) I did qualify for a 50% discount, however, it cost me an extra $13 from what I had planned on paying. Unfortunately, I had invested too much time assembling a 120 page book, I was not going to start over with a competitor."

rickw14
12/4/13

Probably okay if you're looking for some 4x6 snaps. They seem to have some compatibility issues with their upload programs and their support is nearly worthless. They charge a bundle for rush shipping, but take up to a week to produce simple products like photos and cards. And lastly, their quality is inconsistent. I've had some decent larger prints from them, but the book they printed for me came with a messed up cover. They reprinted the book, but it took 10 days more to get the replacement.

jenined
7/1/13

Any company that says "share photos" with your friends and family should allow those "friends and family members" to view the photos you send. Forcing them to register is baloney. No one has time to fill that info. They will skip it.

Never using them again.

littlef
1/15/10

I got hooked on Snapfish before investigating other photo sites. I like the formatting options for their photo books. I've used them since 2005 and have grown comfortable with their features. They refunded a photo book that I ordered in error pretty much without question a few years ago. Also, I think their photo book quality is good. As for general, technical questions about the site, I usually get a response in 24 hours. Sometimes they sound formulaic and other times not.

My wish list is that they would 1) offer prints in 3X3 format 2) update their cropping and zooming feature (boundaries are hard to see) and clarify that this process compromises photo clarity and 3) require mandatory preview of all products immediately prior to purchase and update the software used in preview imaging ( I've seen better!!).

My interaction with their customer support this week has been extremely frustrating, however. I received a $100.00 gift certificate as a birthday gift from my boyfriend's dad. When I entered the redemption code on their specialized website for gift certificates, I received a message that the code had "already been used."

I contacted customer service through the live chat feature and requested a valid code on the 8th of January. 8 days later, I still have not had a satisfactory response. The chat rep on the 8th asked for the email address of the person who gave me the gift, then stated "Unfortunately, I can't troubleshoot this issue in chat. I need to create a ticket for you and escalate the ticket to our technical team." That was fine and I wasn't too concerned at this point.

The next day, I did receive an email from their customer dervice team requesting my country of origin. I confirmed that I was from the US and was then told that the issue was "forwarded ... to our engineers and they will resolve your problem as soon as possible." Once an update was received, the rep was to let me know. No response.

On the 13th I called and was told that their team was still working on the issue but that "surely" I would receive a response in 2 days. No response.

I called on the 15th and asked, kind of as a last resort, what the status was. This rep was the most helpful in terms of placing me on hold to talk to a supervisor. Eventually he indicated that the issue had been resolved and he waited while I tried to redeem the code. I again received a response that the code had been used. The rep sounded frustrated that it wasn't working.Through the course of the conversation, I was again asked who gave the certificate to me. (It feels like a bit of a criminal interrogation each time this issue comes up.) Eventually he mentioned that the code HAD already been used by another party, though it was not necessarily fraudulent.

The rep requested another 24 hours to remedy the complaint. I'm glad that they are working on it.

My boyfriend's dad was a little surprised when he purchased the certificate. He just received an email confirmation with a code. I think he was envisioning something nicer, arriving in the mail, that he could "present" to me. Like an "actual" gift certificate. HP is a printing company after all!

If this doesn't get resolved, I'm dreading relaying all of this hassle to him. I think he'll feel like his generosity has been tarnished some.

That's my rant!

I hate snapfish after my Christmas card debacle so I can't help...I'm thinking SHUTTERFLY?

By Jennifer C.

I think I will try shutterfuly I used it short while before snapfish and loved it now I am sure they might have a different layout & process ..seems these companies make things more complicated rather than simpler..

By RosieOgrady r.

I have made a book using the Harvey Norman Photo site - I like the editing choices (not as many options as Snapfish). I sent it off for printing a week ago and was fully aware that it would take 7-10 days. So I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to be delivered to the local store. Perhaps not as good specials as Snapfish - but then I did get 30% discount.

By Vickie P.

I sat for hours at my computer and also created my first photo book for my sons 30th birthday, I done this with my sister, once done we saved the book then went back in to make sure it was saved!!! I went in to day to add more photos and to my amazement my project was gone! I went on the live chat and spoke to someone called Ram,I was told I have never had a project, I told them it was on the old classic , they checked and told me there was never a project! Who ever set the new style have really messed up and I need answers!!! This is not acceptable!!!!!!!

By Anne G.

Since H-P sold Snapfish to another company, Snapfish service and product line have deteriorated to where no one is happy or satisfied. Re. customer service, it is NOTHING like the old Snapfish was. Almost impossible to reach them, their answers are vague, non-committal, it's like you're talking to a machine. After using them for several books, I have switched to Mixbook.

By Richard C.

Questions? Get answers from the Snapfish staff and other customers.

Snapfish?