Review of Snapfish

Tel: 1-800-558-8224
publisher@snapfish.com

heleneg
7/9/15

In 2000 I order prints from Snapfish of my trip to Israel. They came back great! However, in June 2015 I, again, ordered prints from Snapfish of my trip to Italy. When I was placing the online order, their website said that if you order 4 x 6 prints they will be cropped. But the digital 4 x 5.3 sized prints would not be. Since I didn't want my pictures to be cropped, I ordered the 4 x 5.3 sized prints.

They came back cropped -- and off-center to boot! They looked horrible. Customer service told me to purchase Photoshop and crop and edit my pictures myself before ordering them from Snapfish. Why should I do that?! I specifically didn't want cropped pictures!

While Snapfish's pricing is reasonable, their product is horrible! Don't order photos from Snapfish!

brucec40
3/19/15

In an effort configure an HP printer for ePrint, I attempted to create an "account" and was repeatedly hijacked to a Snapfish login site and urged to sign in using my Snapfish ID.
The Snapfish customer service page offers a link to cancel your account. It doesn't work. Their chat people HAVE NO AUTHORITY and DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH. Evidently HP gave them my email address when I registered my printer. Now they think they own me and are Hotel California. They say they want a shipping address for verification - I've never bought from them and, which of my last six addresses would I give them? They say they want the last 4 of my credit card - I've never given them one and wouldn't recall which card I had given them, and likely it would have changed numbers anyway. They say they'll "get back to me" sometime" - possibly in this lifetime. UTTERLY USELESS TARBABY COMPANY.

tanyaa5
12/24/14

I placed order and two weeks latr I received half of it. The prints still haven't arrived and there is nobody to speak to in the customer service department. I wouldn't be as disturbed if I didn't spend an hour trying to find someone to help me track down my photo prints. I am passionate about customer service and this was just not a good experience. There are too many competitors out there for snapfish to be my preference.

andreak34
12/22/14

HORRIBLE customer service! I ordered Xmas cards on 12/10...well enough time to receive! but 12/22 and still no cards...all customer service can say is "they shoudl get to you by 12/24.." clearly NOT ENOUGH time to send to friends/family for Xmas!!!!! AFter three years of ordering from Snapfish...NO MORE! DO NOT ORDER from Snapfish!

chadb12
12/17/14

Devastated!!! Unfortunately, I have everyone on this post beat as far as horrible experiences go. I have twin 8 yr old boys. I take videos of them all the time and I had over 7000 videos (number is per what the supervisor told me) get deleted by Snapfish. All videos from Nov 2011 through Sept 2014. Every single one of them. Hours and hours worth. I am devastated by this. I always will be. So sad that I cried for the first time in who knows how long. So many precious videos that are gone forever. Priceless. I trusted that they'd take care of them so I didn't back them up anywhere. Their customer service was always terrible, but this is just the worst. To top it off, I received an email from their CEO, Manas Chaliha, saying that they'd give me a 12x12 inch premier layflat photo book, valued at $179.59. That's what you get for coming to this company!!! They may as well have spit in my face. All of the Christmases, birthdays and other special days/moments are now gone, because a company got careless and just flat out didn't care enough to make sure that this didn't happen. If you're thinking of using them for anything, I strongly urge you not to. Unless you want them to lose your precious moments/valuables and get a worthless 179.59 book in lieu of those. Run as fast as you can from them. This is the absolute worst company. They're owned by Hewlett Packard so you can bet I'll never buy anything with HP on it again. I just got the email telling me this bad news today. Run from them. Very fast!!!!!!

sabrinai
11/18/14

i received a free voucher to make a 5x7 book. when you sign up, you get "free 20 photos". so i took the offer. Because of the postage, you are actually paying for the prints. I agree that the photo prints are a bit overexposed. It still does not beat the quality of Loblaws/superstore.
I was excited to see this book. Let's just say for the regular price of $12.99 plus shipping, what i got was a photo brochure. i was so disappointed. i cannot give to anyone and it will sit on my shelf collecting dust.
the software is quite user-friendly. i had no problem with it.
i think i will try costco next time

tomt46
7/30/14

"Beware of Snapfish advertising. I received an email offering 60% off my cart, but when I went to checkout, that was not the correct discount amount. Customer service said the discount was only on the base book and not the additional pages. Obviously the additional pages were in the cart. That was not stated in the e-mail (apparently in some small print somewhere on their website.) I did qualify for a 50% discount, however, it cost me an extra $13 from what I had planned on paying. Unfortunately, I had invested too much time assembling a 120 page book, I was not going to start over with a competitor."

paulag9
7/24/14

I have always been happy with snapifish but this week they went above and beyond! I made a book for myself and 7 friends. When I got it I discovered a couple of problems. I called their customer service line and talked to Cindy - she told me how to fix the problems and issued a credit for new books. Problem solved painlessly and they have a happy customer for life!

gaill11
5/23/14

LOVE GETTING MY PIC DONE HERE. THEY HAVE THE BEST DEALS.

prateekk
5/12/14

I order a mobile cover with my wife and kids picture on the mobile cover. First of all the quality of the iphone cover for 34 dollars was sub-standard and on top the idiots messed up the order printing the picture upside down. Their customer service although refunded the charge but failed to also send me the corrected order for free that would be expected from a reputed site given the embarrassment they caused.

alir15
4/7/14

I've used Snapfish for a while to get prints of digital photos. Before today I would have given it 5 stars. But I found this site while amusing myself waiting for the "live chat operative" to appear. It's been over an hour. The reason for wanting the live chat operative was that the virtual chat couldn't handle my problem of 16 blurry photos out of a pack of 74. I know the problem wasn't the camera, because one of the photos came with two prints. One blurry and one crystal clear. After looking at the reviews here, I decided to just send the bad ones in again when I collect another batch worth the postage. If this review were just for customer support I'd give it one (wishing I could give it 0).

gemmab
2/3/14

awfull customer services.All they do is fob you off.i recieved photo bookes all cropped heads chopped off the lot so i rang them upfirst time was put on hold and he didnt come back secont time he told me i need to rotate them all?! so after that i tried the web chat afer an hour of waiting for simple replys i was forced to ask for a refund,quickes reply and money was back in account in seconds.They just dont no how or dont want to help with blunders on their part

karenh32
12/28/13

Ordered 5 x 7 Collages for Christmas gifts. Placed order on December 8th. Plenty of time. It is now December 28th and they have still NOT ARRIVED. Online customer service chat was of little help. Said that they should have arrived. They have not. Very disappointed they were... Christmas gifts.
Will NEVER ORDER FROM THIS SITE AGAIN.

brendar12
12/23/13

Ordered Christmas Cards that should have arrived before the holiday. They arrived 3 days later. Customer Service was no help. Shipping info was stated at 2 days, but was obviously not. Will never order from this site again. Many other card making sites available to me

karenj16
12/22/13

I have made a few books through snapfish.com. They have never came to me without an error. The purpose of my writing this review is as follows. I made a Lay-flat book of my son's wedding. The starting price was $90. There was a max of 100 pages. I had a 60% off coupon and paid additional money for 2 day shipping. I placed my order on 12/8/13. About 7-10 days later, I began contacting snapfish through email. The reply message was that someone would be in touch with me within 24 hours. I heard nothing. I wrote again and again. I finally received a reply that they credited my account for the cost of this book. I tried to explain, I didn't want a refund, I just wanted the book!! I heard nothing, I tried the live chatevery time I tried to speak to someone, there was a 30 minute wait. Most times.I got busy with doing something else an missed when the live chat person became available and the chat was ended. Eventually, I waited 30 minutes and finally spoke to a live chat person and was told the book was out of stock! OK.that sure was frustratingBut at this point, if and when this book does become available. I won't be getting my book.they already issued me a refund AND there is no more 60% offer available. It took me days and hours to complete this book timely by 12/8/13 to take advantage of the 60% off special.and I ordered the book in plenty of times before Christmas. I'm not in a hurry to start over again with another company. I can assure you, I will NEVER use snapfish again. When you have a problem.their customer service SUCKS!! They don't get back to you!!

tinam20
12/9/13

They are totally into the "bait and switch" with their home page promos. They say that they are offering 60% off "site-wide" but then when you go to check out they have all these exclusions that definitely were not obvious, and don't give you the discount!! So do NOT say SITE-WIDE! Then when I tried contacting them to express my frustration, you cannot get in touch by phone. They want to access your FB profile and my friends list b/f I could access their customer service. I wrote to them on FB and they definitely did not clear up the issue or even a good way to deal with it- rather they said I could just cancel my order. Well that certainly wasn't a real solution. I looked on their site today, and again they have an offer that says it's a certain percentage off "SITE-WIDE" and you really have to dig or know their products backwards and forwards to figure out what is not on sale....but then how is that "site-wide"? I understand not giving the promo if it's an expired code, but if you advertise HUGELY across your website that the offer is on the entire site, well then it should be. And then when a customer tries to make to contact them to explain, then there should be someone you can contact.

rickw14
12/4/13

Probably okay if you're looking for some 4x6 snaps. They seem to have some compatibility issues with their upload programs and their support is nearly worthless. They charge a bundle for rush shipping, but take up to a week to produce simple products like photos and cards. And lastly, their quality is inconsistent. I've had some decent larger prints from them, but the book they printed for me came with a messed up cover. They reprinted the book, but it took 10 days more to get the replacement.

dje7
10/31/13

awesome products, great holiday gifts, been a loyal customer for years great prices

chayah2
9/25/13

They'll give you okay photos for a cheap price. Sure, they will overexpose some of them. Sure, you may pay for an 8x10 photo and it comes to your mailbox all bent and crumpled. They'll fix it, right? Wrong. You'll go into an online chat with some person in India who is apparently trying to help 100 other people at the same time. You'll sit and wait for 5-10 minutes at a time to get any response at all. When the response comes, it will be a canned response. He's just clicking on pre-typed replies to keep you quiet. If you're very lucky--and I was not--he'll actually remember what your complaint was, or what he said he was going to do. If you're like me, you'll waste an hour like this and then hang up in frustration, vowing to never use Snapfish again.

talulahy
8/5/13

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Snapfish! My photobooks always arrive more quickly than I expected them. Anytime I have had to contact customer service, generally via thier live chat, the exchange is pleasant and issues resolved immediately. I have considered using other sites for photobooks but can't find a good enough reason to use them over Snapfish.

jenined
7/1/13

Any company that says "share photos" with your friends and family should allow those "friends and family members" to view the photos you send. Forcing them to register is baloney. No one has time to fill that info. They will skip it.

Never using them again.

cindyd5
10/24/11

I really like Snapfish for photo prints and products. It is easy to use and the quality is great. Prices can be a bit high, but that's my only complaint.

oliviam
9/23/10

As I've found most photo sites out there do, you'll end up with emails from them often with special offers and discount promo codes. Just be informed that you cannot combine promo codes on one order. The prints are good quality and usually ship reasonably quick.

anaisn
7/22/10

I like that you can share your pics on the website, but it's a pain that they force you to order in order to keep your account active... I don't always like to print many pictures... they always end up hidden somewhere. I like to order for special occasions and to send to family, so why should I order when they want me to order??

littlef
1/15/10

I got hooked on Snapfish before investigating other photo sites. I like the formatting options for their photo books. I've used them since 2005 and have grown comfortable with their features. They refunded a photo book that I ordered in error pretty much without question a few years ago. Also, I think their photo book quality is good. As for general, technical questions about the site, I usually get a response in 24 hours. Sometimes they sound formulaic and other times not.

My wish list is that they would 1) offer prints in 3X3 format 2) update their cropping and zooming feature (boundaries are hard to see) and clarify that this process compromises photo clarity and 3) require mandatory preview of all products immediately prior to purchase and update the software used in preview imaging ( I've seen better!!).

My interaction with their customer support this week has been extremely frustrating, however. I received a $100.00 gift certificate as a birthday gift from my boyfriend's dad. When I entered the redemption code on their specialized website for gift certificates, I received a message that the code had "already been used."

I contacted customer service through the live chat feature and requested a valid code on the 8th of January. 8 days later, I still have not had a satisfactory response. The chat rep on the 8th asked for the email address of the person who gave me the gift, then stated "Unfortunately, I can't troubleshoot this issue in chat. I need to create a ticket for you and escalate the ticket to our technical team." That was fine and I wasn't too concerned at this point.

The next day, I did receive an email from their customer dervice team requesting my country of origin. I confirmed that I was from the US and was then told that the issue was "forwarded ... to our engineers and they will resolve your problem as soon as possible." Once an update was received, the rep was to let me know. No response.

On the 13th I called and was told that their team was still working on the issue but that "surely" I would receive a response in 2 days. No response.

I called on the 15th and asked, kind of as a last resort, what the status was. This rep was the most helpful in terms of placing me on hold to talk to a supervisor. Eventually he indicated that the issue had been resolved and he waited while I tried to redeem the code. I again received a response that the code had been used. The rep sounded frustrated that it wasn't working.Through the course of the conversation, I was again asked who gave the certificate to me. (It feels like a bit of a criminal interrogation each time this issue comes up.) Eventually he mentioned that the code HAD already been used by another party, though it was not necessarily fraudulent.

The rep requested another 24 hours to remedy the complaint. I'm glad that they are working on it.

My boyfriend's dad was a little surprised when he purchased the certificate. He just received an email confirmation with a code. I think he was envisioning something nicer, arriving in the mail, that he could "present" to me. Like an "actual" gift certificate. HP is a printing company after all!

If this doesn't get resolved, I'm dreading relaying all of this hassle to him. I think he'll feel like his generosity has been tarnished some.

That's my rant!

I hate snapfish after my Christmas card debacle so I can't help...I'm thinking SHUTTERFLY?

By Jennifer C.

I think I will try shutterfuly I used it short while before snapfish and loved it now I am sure they might have a different layout & process ..seems these companies make things more complicated rather than simpler..

By RosieOgrady r.

I have made a book using the Harvey Norman Photo site - I like the editing choices (not as many options as Snapfish). I sent it off for printing a week ago and was fully aware that it would take 7-10 days. So I am on the edge of my seat waiting for it to be delivered to the local store. Perhaps not as good specials as Snapfish - but then I did get 30% discount.

By Vickie P.

I sat for hours at my computer and also created my first photo book for my sons 30th birthday, I done this with my sister, once done we saved the book then went back in to make sure it was saved!!! I went in to day to add more photos and to my amazement my project was gone! I went on the live chat and spoke to someone called Ram,I was told I have never had a project, I told them it was on the old classic , they checked and told me there was never a project! Who ever set the new style have really messed up and I need answers!!! This is not acceptable!!!!!!!

By Anne G.

Since H-P sold Snapfish to another company, Snapfish service and product line have deteriorated to where no one is happy or satisfied. Re. customer service, it is NOTHING like the old Snapfish was. Almost impossible to reach them, their answers are vague, non-committal, it's like you're talking to a machine. After using them for several books, I have switched to Mixbook.

By Richard C.

Questions? Get answers from the Snapfish staff and other customers.

Snapfish?