Review of SLRHut

SLRHut reviews

tomg378
12/2/19
The small savings you will get will not justify the lack of warranty for your product, the difficulty to get through to customer services, or the fact your product will not even be a UK model.

Cancelling an order seems impossible, you will feel cheated in the end.
nickh257
8/18/19
This company is not based in the UK. Your purchase will not include all taxes. They have no stock in the UK and YOU WILL pay import tax.

This company is a fraud and absolute lie!

More than happy to provide copy of emails from both SLRHut and Royal Mail to back this up!
andib13
8/17/19
AVOID!!!

I read the reviews on this company and thought hey why not' give them a go, I ordered an SLR bundle for my daughters birthday that I was assured I would receive in time... Did I?? No!!

I called up to be told the item was delivered that week which it hasn't, when I challenged this I was told to speak to the delivery company but was not given any info or reference numbers just a LOT of poor customer service.

I then got another email to say the item had been delivered so called again to be told that they had sone their job, the delivery company had done their job apparently leaving £280 of goods on my door step??? So it's now my problem DISGUSTING ATTITUDE!!!

So SLR hut have a policy that if your item is less than 500 dollars they don't care if you receive it as not guaranteed delivery (sounds like a scam)

In essence if are spending over 500 Dollars carry on and order from these absolute thrives other than that don't do it as they won't refund or help you even if paid through PayPal.

Better to pay more and use a trusted professional company!!!
kennethv39
kenneth V.
7/27/19
Seems very straight forward, quick with Paypal. So far so good. Didn't like the idea of phoning to confirm order. Also communication was extremely minimal. The only Email I had was "your order has been dispatched", that was the headline nothing else. Apart from that it went very well.
murkins
Murkin S.
7/25/19
Very difficult to get through to customer services. The adapter didnt work so i couldnt charge the battery. Have had to buy another one.
gerardv20
Gerard V.
7/22/19
Still assessing the kit. So far the only 2 items which does not work with the camera is the Ultimax wireless shutter release, and the additional battery and charger also does not work. If replacements could be arranged that are compatible would be gratefully appreciated. Your sales representative when I ordered was very helpful. At present I would use SLR hut and recommend it to others.
brianl552
Brian L.
7/15/19
Customer service could be vastly improved. Initial order process was very good but communication went downhill from there.
roberts819
Robert S.
7/15/19
Easy to find what I was looking for
Price was excellent
Person on phone was really knowledgable about the product and very helpful
waynei13
Wayne I.
7/14/19
Found the camera I want with a whole bundle of accessories for not much more than I was about to pay for the camera alone on another site.
stephenn69
Stephen N.
7/8/19
Order process was quite quick but I needed to pop away to other sites to check product details. Delivery was quicker than quoted! all arrived well packed. The camera lives up to the description and all the accessories seem OK for the price paid.
stephenw82
Stephen W.
7/8/19
Great service, prices and prices.
Bit wary, when its a UK based website with UK telephone number, though in NJ New York. But its fine, full protection with order, but with UK credit card, extra cover is there.
Got email response very quick, with a confirm order link, rand the quoted UK number and then the extension quoted. The agent on line, had all my order details on his screen, checking all details etc. OK suggested a larger camera battery, but price was 60% off, its was not a Cannon, but if it does the job, no problem.
Did not choose express delivery. Got a dispatch email with in the hour, with full details and a FedEx tracking number. I could see the exact status of order, though dispatch, pick up etc. Oder ed around 4pm on a Tuesday, on my door stop Friday PM same week, requiring a secure acknowledgement. Glad did not pay extra for `fast shipment`.
Expertly packaged, with id on all items.
RECOMMENDED.
marquei
Marque I.
7/6/19
Great experience buying from SLR Hut. Service was first class and camera arrived within 3 days. Originally worried about spending so much online without seeing goods but happy I did. Highly recommend.
simonq5
Simon Q.
7/3/19
Quick and helpful so far, I have bought this to get the product delivered on/by this friday so hope it turns up before I go on holiday, Great value, saved £50 vs anybody else.
andrewr331
Andrew R.
7/1/19
Customer service is brilliant, delivery was amazingly quick.
slrhut will be my first port of call for any camera equipment in the future.
andreasa17
Andreas A.
7/1/19
Good selection and great prices. Easy website to navigate and follow up after placing the order was a nice touch.
chrisd309
Chris D.
7/1/19
Smooth and Easy. I easily found the product I was looking for and I had an immediate response from New York, so expect the phone call.
janew243
Jane W.
6/28/19
So far so good!!! It's a birthday gift for my son so we have not yet been able to try it. His birthday isn't till the 9th July. Thankyou
davidu38
David U.
6/19/19
I ordered my items then found some reviews that said SLRhut are not a UK based company as suggested.
This turned out to be correct they are based in USA. I was worried about this and why do they need to do that?
is it to get more customers? anyway...
Read more reviews that said they were not very good etc. but ...
They did call me and conform my order which I received a lot faster than expected.
and so far I have not had any issues with my bundle I ordered.
It remains to be seen if I any problems if something does go wrong with the camera.
ianh172
ian H.
6/16/19
Everything I could possibly want at great prices. Great site, easy to use. All correspondence has been first class.
chriso91
Chris O.
6/11/19
Bundle is what we required and the new camera is being put to work photographing properties as I type
stepheny40
Stephen Y.
6/3/19
I had telephone call to you which was helpful and your website is easy to use and informative
Easy to use site your guides were very helpful
Goods dispatched promptly and I am delighted with my camera
jefff111
Jeff F.
5/31/19
Good price and easy site to use. They either call you or ask you to call them to confirm the order, this is only to try to sell you extra's, a bit annoying.
richu6
Rich U.
5/31/19
Unnecessary time wasted on the phone after just to confirm a purchase. Defeats the entire process of online shopping. This is what the internet is for to speed things up.
thomasf221
thomas F.
5/28/19
this was by far the best price on the sony a7 i could possibly find. even second hand cameras were nearly the same price for the body only.
andrewu14
Andrew U.
5/23/19
I found the lens extender I was after quite easily but had difficulty trying to find a 77mm Circular Polarising Filter
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

This company is not legit in terms of complying with UK laws and regulations. You will find yourself unprotected and dealing in a grey market.

By Tom G.
Questions? Get answers from the SLRHut staff and other customers.

SLRHut?