SLRHut

SLRHut has a consumer rating of 4.6 stars from 12,706 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. SLRHut also ranks 22nd among Camera sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 93.6%
11,885

• I cannot fault Slr hut, their delivery time was outstanding.
  • So if the tracking information had been better then my shopping experience would have been excellent.

• Their customer service is awful and rude and are not interested.
  • Once processed it did arrive between the 6-10 days stated.
How would you rate SLRHut?

“Excellent site, easily navigated with a good description...”

Alan R.
4/6/19

Excellent site, easily navigated with a good description of items for sale. I would also like to express my delight with the lens I purchased. SLR Hut called me less than an hour after I made the online purchase to confirm and I was very pleased with their professional attitude. Over all I was extremely happy with the whole buying experience and will, without doubt, purchase camera equipment from them in the future. 5***** in every department!!

“Atrocious company”

Mike P.
1/5/20

Please, for your own sanity, never buy from this company. They will up sell you junk you don't need and then flat out refuse to help. Their customer service is awful and rude and are not interested. They are not UK based, they will lie to you and cheat you out of your money. AVOID!!!!!

Reviews (12,706)

customer service (37) delivery time (19) shopping experience (9) discount code (8) 10 days (7) credit card (11) uk company (6) 3 days (8) battery charger (6) web site (6) great price (21) great service (8)
mikep739
January 5th, 2020
williamj141
William J.
June 29th, 2017
Verified purchase
It was relatively easy, to order my goods, but unfortunately my order was duplicated due to some website glitch, during the checkout procedure, and I subsequently received two identical bundles, when I originally ordered only one! Currently waiting for a response from SLRHut, to arrange for the return of the surplus goods! This shipping mistake has been reflected in my below average rating!
alanr173
Alan R.
April 6th, 2019
Verified purchase
5***** in every department!!
videos6
Video s.
March 1st, 2019
Verified purchase
Site easy to use and order from. Does require a telephone call as mentioned in other reviews but easy to deal with and a pleasant enough attitude.
Price was great and came with a useful (although admittedly not the treatest quality) set of lenses, cleaning products and even a tripod. The most useful item though was the bag which is good quality and fits the camera perfectly. Delivery was exceptional. On time and well packaged.
tomg378
December 2nd, 2019
The small savings you will get will not justify the lack of warranty for your product, the difficulty to get through to customer services, or the fact your product will not even be a UK model.

Cancelling an order seems impossible, you will feel cheated in the end.
markm772
Mark M.
March 22nd, 2018
Verified purchase
Ordered a phantom 4 pro, received a refurbished model even though it said brand new on the website. Received 3 batteries one of which was faulty, called customer services and they dont want to know and will not help me or correct issues. completely useless. pay a slightly higher price for a uk company to supply goods!!!!!!!!
domenicor8
October 6th, 2018
I made two purchases on the SLRHut. After a couple of days I get the e-mails with the shipping number and then no more information about where the parcels are. I can not find the purchase history on the website in the My Order section. I contacted the assistance that by e-mail just replied that the items I purchased are traveling and that will arrive soon without any information on the tracking. Among other things, I bought by paying for fast delivery
gerardv20
Gerard V.
July 22nd, 2019
Verified purchase
Still assessing the kit. So far the only 2 items which does not work with the camera is the Ultimax wireless shutter release, and the additional battery and charger also does not work. If replacements could be arranged that are compatible would be gratefully appreciated. Your sales representative when I ordered was very helpful. At present I would use SLR hut and recommend it to others.
stevent190
Steven T.
April 4th, 2019
Verified purchase
Was initially pleased with the price however, I'm not sure that the item was in fact brand new. The inner packaging was worn and creased upon opening the box. The outer box was in very poor condition (again worn). The lens came with the hood already fitted and not packed separately. I'm very concerned that the item had been used previously. I now wish I'd payed more for the above peace of mind. Overall I'd have to say that I'm disappointed.
alanm328
February 21st, 2019
I purchased 2 Cameras before Xmas and the Sales Service and savings were excellent. Unfortunately 1 camera developed a fault and it turns out their UK address is no use for Returns. You have to return them at YOUR expense (considerable expense) to the US. Then your in the nightmare of no information, wrong information, One Customer Service Rep saying one thing, another something totally opposite. They did replace the Camera but told me 24 hours after it was sent so that I then had to chase FedEx over delivery times as I was away from home.
I wont be using them again. Grey Imports are fine if there isn't a problem. I will be buying genuine items from a genuine UK seller in future. I saved very little and had a stressful time to say the least.
andyx3
Andy X.
October 16th, 2017
Verified purchase
Easy to find items and pay, though paying via PayPal would not work.
I wish that is known that the camera was being shipped from the US and not direct from the shop as I had just cancelled an order with another company sure to them shipping from Hong Kong, which they informed me after purchase.
The delivery tracking is quite useless and updates two days after an event. You are still not sure where the package is and not sure what day it is due.
However, you can't beat the price! Of your not in a rush then I would use again.
julianf27
Julian F.
September 12th, 2017
Verified purchase
Wrong product was delivered, after numerous attempts to contact customer services I eventually got an acknowledgement that it was there mistake. I was promised that I would receive a mailing label to send the product back and receive a refund, this never happened. 11 emails later I applied to my credit card provider for a section 75 refund because of breach of contract, which I was granted against SLR hut today, so I will get my money back but SLR hut get away with this scott free. Will never buy from them again, I suggest you don't either!!!
harryj76
April 4th, 2019
SLR Hut do not have a UK presences their mail goes to a mailbox that is rented - better know as a mail drop or accommodation address - and are US based. On top of that either their website is not secure or has been hacked or they have a crooked employee as my credit card was scammed after using this company and this isnt the first instance of this happening - read trust pilot reviews. Be careful when buying from SLR Hut maybe cancel your credit or debit card after payment has come out as there is something rotten in the state of SLR Hut.
joshuah273
February 12th, 2020
PLEASE READ if you are considering buying a product from this company. Summary at bottom.
I bought a BRAND NEW Canon c200B EOS camera from SLRhut in January '19, it was pictured and described as a package with accessories required for use (LCD Monitor, handle unit, hand grip, etc). I paid for express delivery and was notified following my order that they currently did not have it in stock so waited 23 days before receiving it. Upon receiving my package I found it was the body only and without the necessary accessories to use it. I questioned this, as well as a refund for the not-so-express delivery, through many emails and calls to their customer service, and I was told by one member of staff that if i compared the price of what I bought to other retailers online I would understand why I received the body only' - this is false advertising, SLRhut did not deliver the product that was advertised on their site. I was also denied a refund for the express delivery. I then bought the necessary accessories from a different company (~£1k) and thought this ordeal was behind me

18th March (35days after initially receiving the camera) the fan breaks. I had not yet used the camera on a shoot, only to test it around the house and for no more than a couple of hours at a time. SLRhut's customer service told me to send it to my nearest canon repair centre, which I did, only to have it sent back and told the warranty is invalid as I bought it outside of the EEA (from SLRhut). SLRhut then told me to send it to a repair centre in Colchester Before sending it I emailed the repair centre in Colchester and they told me that they didn't repair the canon cinema range - more false information from SLRhut's customer service. At the beginning of May SLRhut tell me to ship it to them in the US to get it fixed. I was told in phone calls that I would receive refunds for both the canon service centre handling costs (£54) and my shipping costs to the US (£81.43). Upon pressing them on these matters I was told that they can not offer refunds for these things, when previously I had received confirmation of this through calls to their customer service.

When I had previously sent my camera to Canon in the UK they gave me a quote and notified me that they would need to order in parts and it would take 2 weeks to fix and return the camera to me. So when I sent it to SLRhut, I had a rough estimate of how long it would take for my camera to get fixed. 2 weeks later I email asking for an update and I am told that the RMA number that I have given in the email is incorrect - I gave the RMA number that I received in a previous email and wrote on the package that was shipped - who knows if this caused a delay to my camera getting attended to?

Months go by Masses of emails and calls to get any sort of update amount to nothing more than replies like "I am very sorry we don't have it back yet try next week it may be back then" (26th June). I moved flat in August Once I'd moved into my new place I immediately phoned them to request my camera, when fixed, be delivered to my new address. I live in a basement flat and was cut off in the middle of telling the customer service rep my new address - I call back, on hold for 30minutes, and speak to the very same customer service rep, who I then tell my new address to - she gives me confirmation that she has changed the delivery address.

More months, calls and emails go by. 6th November - I request an update and receive a reply telling me that the package had been delivered to my address on 28th October. At no point did they send me any shipping information about their delivery. I contact my former estate agents and they find the package soaked and left outside my old address. Fortunately the package was double boxed and the inner box (containing the camera) was dry. 9th November I get it back, I test it, it works, I'm happy that I can push my business forward with this great bit of kit and try and put this all behind me.

6th December I do a full day shoot using the camera. No problems. 10th February '20 my first shoot of the year with the camera (and only my second shoot since it being fixed) - the fan breaks within an hour of use. The following day I call SLRhut again requesting a refund for this obviously faulty camera, only to be told that my year warranty has now expired and I am not entitled to a refund despite only having the camera in working condition in my possession for 93 days. They have offered me no compensation whatsoever.

I am now moving forward with legal action.

Summary
[False advertising; Faulty camera; No refunds; No compensation for shipping costs; Misinformed by customer service; 8month repair waiting time; Repaired camera shipped to wrong address still faulty]

Order Number 237276. Email chains can provide sufficient evidence for all points made above.
conorf8
October 23rd, 2018
Extra hidden charges applied to order without permission. Customer service almost never respond. I really regret using this company and should have used a reputable seller such as amazon instead. AVOID these cowboys.
richu6
Rich U.
May 31st, 2019
Verified purchase
Unnecessary time wasted on the phone after just to confirm a purchase. Defeats the entire process of online shopping. This is what the internet is for to speed things up.
nickh257
August 18th, 2019
This company is not based in the UK. Your purchase will not include all taxes. They have no stock in the UK and YOU WILL pay import tax.

This company is a fraud and absolute lie!

More than happy to provide copy of emails from both SLRHut and Royal Mail to back this up!
sonyas5
January 27th, 2019
This company is set up to make you think you are dealing with a site based in the UK, they are in America. I ordered a Sony projector from them advertised as NEW. It was used and had 5 hours lamp time on the projector to say nothing of the poor way it had been packaged. It took ages and several emails before they agreed I could return it. Initially DHL, their courier, would not deal with me as account names did not tally. Eventually SLRHut sent me DHL paperwork and documents for the return. One of the forms i was required to send back stated for Customs and Excise that the goods were worth 50.00 dollars when in fact I paid 1,375.00 pounds. I refused to send it back as would have no part in anything fraudulent and have asked SLRHut to pick the item up. It is still waiting for collection.
marcink25
January 24th, 2019
I sent the order 06.01.2019. I got a parcel 10.01.2019. I checked this parcel and I didn't get a wall plug to a battery charger. I didn't get because somebody made a mistake in SLRHut warehouse. I speak with somebody next day (11.01.2019) but I had to call twelve times!!! before somebody answered. SLRHut sent a next parcel (from USA, 7 days) but again somebody from SLRHut made a mistake. Nobody checked what of kind a plug I need and sent a wrong plug.
Today is 24.01.2019 and I can't use a photo camera and a battery charger. I am very disappointed this service.
denicen6
Denice N.
February 6th, 2019
Verified purchase
strange way of shopping as it says your order has been received but I need to contact the company to process it never come across such a thing before
lisaa298
Lisa A.
May 3rd, 2018
Verified purchase
Not happy with service. I've been charged customs and paid an extra delivery charge but received my item really late
allanl49
Allan L.
January 20th, 2019
Verified purchase
Good prices but if you query anything via the online contact form it comes back to your email as not delivered. Website offered £15 off next order but the code doesn't work so paid full price. Also once paid you still need to call in to complete the order so not the most hassle free customer journey either.
jamesy89
JAMES Y.
February 23rd, 2019
Verified purchase
I am still waiting for my memory card as this was promised as an extra, but unfortunately was not shipped with the main camera order.

I phoned customer services and they said they were out of stock and it will be delivered later.
It would of been nice if they gave me pre-warning or left a note inside the parcel that was delivered to say that no memory card was delivered and will be sent later when in stock.

Apart from that, I received an excellent service.
georgey23
George Y.
May 12th, 2018
Avoid! Complete cowboys.

1. Slr Hut is not a UK company. They deliver from the US which takes ages.
2. Their support email does not respond.
3. The legal status of their imported goods is not clear. You warranty may be void.
alexr201
Alex R.
April 15th, 2018
Verified purchase
i incured customs charges of £30.07 , this had to be paid to Parcel force before it was released. It was held in customs for three days in total. Maybe I'm the stupid one as I thought SLRHUT.co.uk were a uk company, so wasn't expecting customs problems.
John at SLRHUT has given me his word they will pay the charges..I not heard from them since.

This company is not legit in terms of complying with UK laws and regulations. You will find yourself unprotected and dealing in a grey market.

By Tom G.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SLRHut staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SLRHut?

Have a question about SLRHut?