SHOP.CA

SHOP.CA has a consumer rating of 1.69 stars from 217 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SHOP.CA also ranks 235th among Electronics sites. The most common issues with SHOP.CA are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• So I made my first purchase with Shop.ca after finding a discount coupon on the web.

• On requesting customer service, I was told my credit could not be honored due to management change in July/August 2016 !
  • If you are wondering why your order still not arrived, the reason is shop.ca doesn't pay suppliers money.
How would you rate SHOP.CA?

“This is a good website for shopping”

Faith A.
8/21/17

I ordered a ukulele a month ago and it said it will be arrived on August 14 and it did so this is a normal website

“SHAME on SHOP.CA as a Canadian Company !!!”

Patrick S.
3/8/17

I have been a online shopper of amazon.ca/com for years and was really satisfied with it services. But as Canadian I sure would LOVE to support a native Canadian company. But soooo wrong with SHOP.CA !!! It just won't give itself a chance for me to continue to do so. I have a credit of close to $200 from SHOP.CA from Sept 2015. This month (Mar 2017) I intended to use it to purchase an item from SHOP.CA. However, I was unable to locate it as a payment option at checkout. On requesting customer service, I was told my credit could not be honored due to management change in July/August 2016 ! The best they can do is to give me a credit of $26.72, which is 20% of my original store credit. After many email exchanges with my voicing that is an unfair business practice, as a customer I was not informed of such impact due to its management change, let alone given options for responses. This business practice is penalizing customers for their loyalty and invite bad reputation. But all my effort ended up in vain ! I must say the management change certainly did not make its business any better and it just lost another customer. Companies like this should not be in existence, like many other customers have already expressed. So PLEASE stay away from SHOP.CA despite what your noble intention is. Yes, it is that BAD !!!

customer service (55) order (142) credit card (16) item (85) 2 weeks (11) 3 weeks (9) store credit (7) supplier processing (4) 3 days (6) email (90) gift cards (11) christmas gift (8)
alianah
July 18th, 2017
Why the many negative reviews, each shopping experience is different. Mine with this store turn out to be quite well.
irr40
March 7th, 2017
I bought a food processor and I didn't want it after I looked at it. I wanted the more up to date one. I called them and I can't remember whether I printed out the return postage or it was in the box. But anyways I returned it no problem and no expense to me. I am not the one that buys expensive items to look at and send them back but I do make a mistakes every so often and it is nice to know it won't cost me anything. I find some of their products are higher and some are lower. You have to be a smart shopper and I do find good deals here too. It's one of my go to shop places on the net :)
alexanderv17
February 21st, 2017
I purchased a suitcase that was supposed to be shipped "within 3 business days". A week later, the item's status still showed as "supplier processing". I called their support line where the recording told me that they were experiencing "normal than higher call volumes" (sic). I had sent an e-mail and indeed received a response within their target response time (24-36 hours). Turns out the item was already shipped and waiting for pickup at my local Purolator depot. There was something wrong with shop.ca's online status update system. Otherwise, my experience was good, the item's price was very reasonable, and shipping was fast and free.

Tip for consumers: Use e-mail support if you have any questions re your item and have just a little bit of patience.

ShopCA T. – SHOP.CA Rep
Thanks Alexander! Hope you continue to shop with us and we will continue to beirng you the best deals for affordable prices.

Cheers!
leonn6
September 19th, 2015
I have had a great experience with shop.ca got all my stuff quickly and on time and everything seems to be working Great!
ShopCA T. – SHOP.CA Rep
That is music to our ears :)
lauram83
February 24th, 2015
Love the site. Order was easy to track and arrived as scheduled! My only complaint is with the product. I ordered a 5 panel set of pictures that proved to be the most frustrating things to hang. The teeth on mounting bracket were so closely spaced that even a small nail would not fit in between. When the next panel was hung, we could not get it to line up by the space between each. If we got the spacing right, the branches wouldn't line up from panel to panel. We ended up removing all the picture hangers and just hung each on a nail by the wooden framing that the canvas was attached to. We just received some other pictures today and checked out the picture hanging brackets on them and they are just fine.
bl914
April 25th, 2014
I had been hesitant to use this site, although was very encouraged when it was associated with air miles and ebates.ca - using these sites with shop.ca can greatly benefit the customer. So I went ahead and ordered the HP Envy 23 Recline noting that it would leave the warehouse within three days. Plus with other discounts and coupons, I got an amazing deal. There was some confusion when I checked and it read that it hadn't even begun to be processed after three days. I called to confirm the status and because there had been some concern due to thefts from our local post boxes, they said they had been delayed until I personally confirmed such a large order. Apparently, I had missed the phone call and when I called back four times, I didn't want to leave a message only to have them call back at their convenience - not mine. They really, really need to get rid of that darn thing and have a human answer when we call in. I would rather sit for 15 minutes on hold while drinking a coffee than to have them call back when I am in the middle of something - which I was and I wasn't as pleasant as I should have been. Once we realized that it was just miscommunication, they made up for the time delay and shipped it overnight. I couldn't have been happier. They are a relatively new company that will have its burps and hiccups, but they are truly trying to be the best they can be. BUT GET MORE PEOPLE TO WORK THE PHONE! I earned more bonus discounts, plus using ebates, you can get further discounts. Plus you can earn discounts on their facebook site plus other other couponing sites as well. I will be ordering from them again. I admit, when I checked for complaints and seen this site, my stomach sank, thinking I was so stupid for ordering from them with as many recent complaints seen here. There was some bumps on my first order, but they more than made up for it. And love my new computer, too. I will use shop.ca again.
samip6
February 15th, 2014
I ordered a camera which was an amazing deal. Although they over sold the product, they were extremely accommodating. They purchased another Camera to send to me even though it was a different colour. They also upgraded the memory card and gave me a 25 dollar credit for the inconvenience. I was amazed with their customer service. I will definitely purchase from there again

Hey Lindsay, if your item happens to be damaged during shipment please let us know right away and we will absolutely work with our merchant to ensure that a replacement is sent out to you!

See more answers (4)

Hey Amanda, you can definitely use your PayPal account for purchases on SHOP.CA!

See more answers (2)

What is being done about all the negative comments being posted about shop.ca? has shop.ca sorted out the bankruptcy and has a future or will it's membership drop and those who remain not get the cashback deals or even have enough confidence and trust to shop with shop.ca with the company seeming troubled. there is not a lot of press about the the current status of the company, more of the past press shows up in searches which has to have a negative effect on consumer confidence and even merchants wanting to sell on shop.ca because of the fear of damaging their brand if consumers are dissatisfied and posting complaints. i would really like to know the answers from someone who actually can answer accurately, not from someone that is just slamming the company or making comments about the costs of product since that has very little to do with the service or dependability of the company. in my opinion trust and service is a bigger concern over getting the cheapest price. shopping on line shouldn't just be about squeezing every penny out of a merchant, it should be also about getting product reliably, conveniently and having accountability for any problems customers may have. without getting what your paying for and expecting buying the cheapest possible price that can be found for a comparable product means nothing. i would hope a company focuses on all aspects of why a customers shops with them, not just being the cheapest, i much rather allow someone to make a bit more profit if that allows them to build a better service that is trustworthy and reliable.

Hi Sean, You will notice that we are responding to all comments and have now, finally, resumed normal services. Our email response times are within 24 hours and all items are being delivered ina timely manner. The cash back programs are running along with other affiliates and aeroplan deals. As you can imagine, ever since the bankruptcy news, getting stability back was our biggest concern. We are working very hard to win back our customers and vendors because we understand that the faith had dropped. But we want to continue the good work that was being done before. You can also see from our products that we are reasonably priced. Our motto is not to be the cheapest, but to be the most reliable. And we are working towards that. Hope this helps restoring some faith. Regards

By ShopCA T.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SHOP.CA staff and other customers.

Shop.ca is the starting point for shopping and saving online. We're delivering the very best deals to you and for you, all in one place. Make us your first s...

ShopCA T.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SHOP.CA?

Have a question about SHOP.CA?