Schumacher Cargo Logistics reviews

Tel: 5624086677
sales@sclusa.com

isabelh29
11/16/18

Stay away from this company. I've never felt so deceived in my entire life.

I just moved back home and had to ship my car from California to Spain. I was given a quote for $1520 and paid in full when I dropped off my car with Schumacher Cargo. After TWO MONTHS of waiting for it to sail, they let me know that the container was halted by US Customs and want me to pay an EXTRA CHARGE of $743 or else they won't release my car.
I was NEVER told about US Customs inspections and had I known they were so expensive, I would have never shipped my car.
I stressed the need of going with the cheaper shipping method to my sales rep Kevin Lucarelli since I was on a very tight budget, and he never warned me about any such possible fees. I'm not shipping a Ferrari, it's actually a $13K car for which I'll have to pay total fees close to $3000.

Communication has been very difficult. Many of my emails were ignored and had to resend times and times over. If I asked 4 questions, I got 1 answered
Worst part is that out of all the shipping companies I talked to, they seemed to be the most trustful.

I feel completely scammed and ignored by Schumacher Cargo.

Here are the hidden fees I've come across:
- $75 for processing insurance documents
- $743 for customs exams (their fault, since they are the ones preparing the shipment and did something wrong that caused the container to get flagged for inspection)
- 4% of any invoice for paying with a credit card (ridiculous fees for a company operating internationally in 2018)
All these should be part of their business costs, and not something that honest customers who are going through the stressful process of moving overseas had to deal with.

I regret hiring Schumacher Cargo and now I can only hope I'll see my car again.

gm130
7/19/18

I recently bought an antique 1961 Car through Dk Classic Cars (April 2018). I dealt with Jesper who was very responsive to my emails and wonderful to deal with. I can not rate the quality of my car yet as I still have not received it due to an issue with the shipping company Dk Classic Cars set me up with to ship the car to Canada. They use Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Inc. as a shipping company to ship their cars around the world at the expense of the buyer. The representative i've been dealing with at DK Classic Cars (Jesper) introduced me in email to the person at Schumacher Cargo Logistics that will be arranging the shipment (Filip).I had the car shipped with Schumacher Cargo from Denmark to Halifax Canada. I was dealing with Filip however somewhere along the way his email "got hacked" and I only received the quote that I had to sign and send back. I never received the actual invoice at this point. I was given banking information to send a wire transfer to - I believed this was correct as I had no problems purchasing the car though DK Classic Cars using a wire transfer that was listed in a different name than "Dk Classic Cars" so I figured this was normal. I sent the payment to the information I was given. I got a confirmation that payment was received by filips email address (which he has since contacted me on). When my car arrived in Halifax I get an email with an invoice (first time I ever seen this invoice) I was extremely confused so I emailed Filip asking why I was required to pay for shipping again. He responded saying payment wasnt received I went back and sent him our original email communication at that point he claims he doesnt make spelling mistakes. I called to clarify what was going on I said to Filip on the phone that this seems like an inside job and that he set this up - a crook situation he then responded to me saying "his company doesnt give a $#*! about me". Im sorry but a company should care about their clients if they dont care about their clients they will not have a repeat customer. I called the transfer company and they looked into the information I used for a transfer I set the name as Schumacher Cargo Logistics instead of the name I was given. They emailed me back a few days later saying nothing can be done and the transfer is unable to be recalled due to the fact this doesnt appear to be a fraud account. My car is currently sitting outside at the Halifax port area being withheld in the sun from me collecting a daily port storage fee until Schumacher receives the shipping payment. I was told in the beginning the car would not be shipped until 50% of payment was received, I got an email stating the car was shipped so if the payment (I sent 100% of it) wasnt received why was the car shipped? I have since been in contact with the bank the money was deposited to and they said to try a recall again, we requested a recall however I recently got work that the account they are trying to recall from has NSF so the recall is unable to be completed. As far as I am concerned this should be taken care of by Schumacher and DK Classic Cars and my car should be released and the shipping company should be responsible for the port fees collecting on my car daily. This isnt my fault that their companies email got hacked and the same email has since been corresponding with me - seems a bit funny. The money was sent to the information I was given by a Schumacher employee via their email address. I have proof of payment for this transfer along with the emails I have been in contact with both local police and a lawyer and theres nothing that can currently be done at this time. I would not recommend using this company until their shippers get their ducks in a line and figure out what customer service is! This has been nothing but a nightmare VERY DISAPPOINTED!

dianam119
10/21/17

I moved from Elizabeth, NJ to Amsterdam, The Netherlands and my son found this company and we saw that it was close to us. I got a quote and i thought it was ok. When i asked about insurance I got explained so poorly and the price was so high I couldn't take it cause as a single mother I was moving so my son could go to college in Amsterdam. And before I left I had fallen and broken some bones in my foot but I had to go and take care of myself as we arrived in Holland. At this point my living arrangement was vague cause of my accident so they told me i could leave my boxes 1 month in NJ and 1 month in The Netherlands which was great. To my surprise right after I left I got an email saying that I had to pay more while I was quoted for 24 boxes but I send the payment. As soon as my boxes arrived here in The Netherlands Global logistics emailed me and ask me for my papers which i had provided and by the time 2 weeks i didn't hear from Global logistic here in The Netherlands i started calling till they finally arranged my boxes delivered but my surprise was immense when i received 21 of 23 boxes I was told by the delivery guys that there were no more Schumacher boxes in Global logistics warehouse. I called Global logistics anyways and till today no answer. So I called the US Schumacher's office and there I was told that they had send 1 of my boxes back to my old address with FedEx, I don't understand why if I'm not living there anymore but even then I'm missing one cause my bill of lading is 23 and I delivered 23. Nobody can produce the FedEx Air waybill and warehouse is stating that i had 21 boxes and now I keep calling and calling and nobody is paying attention to me, like it was my fault that they disappear my 2 boxes . The saddest part of all this is that those boxes were my son's with his winter clothes and his 2 Nike Yeezy's which all his of these are expensive items and I'm a single mother so money is a problem. My son came to study and it is getting cold and his winter clothes are gone. So at this point I'm very desperate cause i can't afford new clothes. This moving was so complicated and expensive and I never in a million years thought I was going to be in this position. I just want them to find my boxes or compensate me so my son will be able to buy his stuff back cause it's getting cold here already.

Questions? Get answers from the Schumacher Cargo Logistics staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Schumacher Cargo Logistics