Santander UK

Santander UK has a consumer rating of 2.5 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Santander UK also ranks 56th among Banking sites.

How would you rate Santander UK?

“Well Im not actually banking with santander at the...”

Mary R.
6/7/11

Well Im not actually banking with santander at the moment but I am definately looking into switching to them. For businesses they are offering free banking for life. My current free banking period is about to come to an end with one of the other leading companies so switching business accounts would be a good move. Martin Lewis says this site is way better than any other for business banking.

“Well and truly having it ripped out of me!!”

mister p.
6/19/20

It began three days ago where I was forced to contact Santander to try to change the OTP (One Time Password), as I was stopped from doing this with the online-account. I truly believe that if a person has entered the correct details, and as a consequence have got into the account then that person should then have the free run of the facilities - they dont think so. Despite being told that I have passed security on at least three separate occasions (and on a fourth occasion having the phone put down on myself) they still would not help, as they thought that now they was going to ask more security questions - surly if you pass security - you have passed security - period! But they wanted to change the rules of the game half way through, and now claim that they knew who was calling but still more security was needed to be passed. A bird does not have three, four or five wings, as two is enough, likewise in triangulating a mobile phone three masts are used not four, five or six, as three is enough, only a certain amount of questions is required to know who you are speaking with, anymore is doing it just because. Its not my fault they made a mistake by saying I had passed security, they should abide by what they claim. They kept saying they know not who is calling, but if that is the case they also would not have any account details on the screen, yet they do, as they then blocked my use of an ATM, blocked access to my account online, and are holding what money I have in the account as a kind of ransom until they get what they want, which is to go to a branch with id - even though I have passed security. If they did not know who is calling they would not know which account to target - just to reiterate. They are basically $#*! slapping me until they get what they want. Unfortunately for them I am not financially in dire straits, so there goes that leverage for them.

maryr14
June 7th, 2011
Martin Lewis says this site is way better than any other for business banking.
misterp
June 19th, 2020

Questions? Get answers from the Santander UK staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santander UK?

Have a question about Santander UK?